@The Community - Be the change you want to see

SCANDALOUZ

37 minutes ago, Tudounaozi said:

Oh I do like RP, I just do not RP here.

I agree with you. GTAW Admins suck too. 

I am not saying GTAW values realistic roleplay, I am saying GTAW values unrealistic roleplay and that is the point. Shooting people is fun. It really is. Chasing people 200km/h is fun. Ramming other cars and drive-by is fun. Find no cover and rush into a scene to spray your enemies and die is fun. 

Remember the Dickens Family? They should've been banned long ago with today's standards. But how much joy did they bring to other people? Didn't people have fun with them? I did. 

You cannot portray Los Angeles. Los Angeles has 5 million people, you have 50. 

If I can have more fun doing no research than having fun doing pages of research, well both you and me will pick the latter which I do not for a moment doubt, but what about other people?

RPing in Booty Bay is really just more fun than here, really. It is not more fun than LSRP in 2016, but it is more fun than LSRP 2023.

I do not like the server and I am not here. I do not play, I used to play. I am here saying why I am not here. 

I am here because I want to tell y'all that the pursuit of realism over all will not succeed. It is wrong.

I am here saying this because in the very unlikely event that my voices are valued, I can come back to where I once loved and continue playing.

If you think this is the perfect heaven for you then by all means, continue doing what you are and I give you my wholeheartedly support.

There is a reason why GTAW has 900 people and LSRP has less than 90. 

I have stated my reasonings.

Now since you ran factions in both communities and you love LS-RP so much. I humbly ask you this simple question.

Why? 

Okay.  So you like RP.  You agree admins suck in another server.  You agree that place don't value realistic roleplay.  I don't know the Dickens family, myself, no.  Sorry.  Glad you had fun there.  A server only holds up to 1000 people so how can you expect there to be 50 million RPers in a Los Angeles setting?  LSRP 2016 had 450 players peak.  I know because I was there.  LSRP 2023 just launched, and you want it to just be out of the blue good?  I was in that other shithole server when it was 7 players peak.  Now it has 900.  So what?  I'd rather get anally invaded by Grizzly bears daily in Red Dead RP than go back to GTAW because of their lack of realism.   The pursuit of realism HAS succeeded.  And it's succeeded here and it'll succeed in other servers too.  You just gotta be in game to bring it forth.  Or you can just stay on the forums and 

Write your sentences.

Like this.

Because you think people are gonna give a shit about the simplicity of your thinking.

LSRP has its ups and downs like every other server, but I find it that the staff here values realism more than the other LS settings right now.  And that's why I play here.  I'm here for quality, not quantity.  So instead of fighting for a cause you think you're right in by making excuses for something a fifth grader can do, why don't you just go RP in Booty Bay since you like RP so much?  Go be a pirate hunter.

7 minutes ago, MoneybagsCarminati said:

Okay.  So you like RP.  You agree admins suck in another server.  You agree that place don't value realistic roleplay.  I don't know the Dickens family, myself, no.  Sorry.  Glad you had fun there.  A server only holds up to 1000 people so how can you expect there to be 50 million RPers in a Los Angeles setting?  LSRP 2016 had 450 players peak.  I know because I was there.  LSRP 2023 just launched, and you want it to just be out of the blue good?  I was in that other shithole server when it was 7 players peak.  Now it has 900.  So what?  I'd rather get anally invaded by Grizzly bears daily in Red Dead RP than go back to GTAW because of their lack of realism.   The pursuit of realism HAS succeeded.  And it's succeeded here and it'll succeed in other servers too.  You just gotta be in game to bring it forth.  Or you can just stay on the forums and 

Write your sentences.

Like this.

Because you think people are gonna give a shit about the simplicity of your thinking.

LSRP has its ups and downs like every other server, but I find it that the staff here values realism more than the other LS settings right now.  And that's why I play here.  I'm here for quality, not quantity.  So instead of fighting for a cause you think you're right in by making excuses for something a fifth grader can do, why don't you just go RP in Booty Bay since you like RP so much?  Go be a pirate hunter.

Sure. You just explained that why we are losing players. 

I wish you nothing but best luck. 

Edited by Tudounaozi
  • Bigsmoke 1

@SCANDALOUZwhat the hell do y'all want, and what the hell is your problem? What the hell have you not gotten?

Hi, as a player who left (I got linked this thread) I think I'm the perfect person for asking these questions to.

I joined the server with the goal of developing a character. I had limited time and preferred to spend my time RPing a civilian and hanging out with people. Some of you might know me as Isabella DelViento. A character who was often around and despite her "angry" attitude still quite approachable and entertaining. Scandalouz personally invited me to join the server and his faction, and after being reluctant at first due to limited time IRL, I decided to give it a try.

Upon creation of my character I had issues to edit changes. The character creation wasn't the best, neither was it bad. I just had a rough time editing my character's appearance. But with the help of a patient and friendly tester and the reintroduction of the character customization it all got solved.

Weeks went by and whenever I had time I tried to fill the Pit Stop as well as other clubs and bars in the server. I met many people and truly had a great experience. I developed a character who actually had friends and things to do IC.

While spotting random people in bars, I sometimes try to include them in the ongoing RP. I often see groups having fun in bars while someone sits alone but doesn't really RP anything. I feel like including those players in the ongoing RP is the best way to teach them to play and have them stick around the server longer.

Time went on, the Pit Stop discord got bigger. What went from a "nice club of car enthousiasts who don't want to do cringy racing and provoking of police" grew into a full blown criminal organisation. There was cooperation with other illegal factions. A gun and drug scheme. Suddenly I was told to sign a CK clause. I was confused why, since my character is merely a visitor of your bar. She did not have anything to do with any of the illegal stuff going on. After being tagged in the thread 3 or 4 times, I decided to just check it as read. My assumption about the faction and you people was that you'd have some OOC understanding for eachother. I'm here to play a game in a friendly environment and it seemed to be that way.

Time went on, 5 hours later my character was dead. You even agreed with me that my character didn't have any malicious intent. The whole situation was MGd. You even reported all of this on the forums. Having a reasonable conversation with you was impossible. Your statement was: "I acted the way my character would IC." You roleplay a poor character, the whole point is that it's meant to be some funny troll character who is some sociopathic murderer. I don't know what the server rules are here, but this is very poor reasoning. You indirectly claim that you CK my character because your character has a mental problem. To me that is deathmatching. This is why I wondered if there was any rule against RPing serial killers and the like of them.

I refused to take a CK. I rather had the situation voided, since everything was based on MG. You got so angry OOC and banned me from the faction and immediately tried to portray me as a bad person in the discord. To me it felt ironic that you set up the CK clause, with yourself and Harry as the person to speak to. Yet both of you were involved in the situation. You're the judge and the jury.

What was the result of this? You PK'd me from the faction and banned me from everything related to oversteer. This is basically the whole server? You knew this and this is the "power" you get off to. I thought you were a genuine person who wanted to do the best for the server, but it turns out all you want is power. The condescending way you talk to people in this thread explains it all.

The last few weeks before I quit LSRP, I was online daily. So you're missing one player per day just because of that. I never had issues with anything else in the game, just you.

@Tungsten Yes, your argument "it's just a game" is a very valid and important point. We are here to have fun. I had fun developing a character and that fun was taken from me for absolutely no reason. I think as a faction leader, especially somebody who writes forum topics like these, some OOC responsibility, kindness and empathy goes a long way. It is just a game, but one I enjoyed playing the way I did. I lost my character and all the development that went into her over a reason that was poor, even if the massive MG wasn't involved.

To sum it up:

"what the hell do y'all want, and what the hell is your problem? What the hell have you not gotten?"

what the hell do y'all want: To develop a character, socialize in game.

and what the hell is your problem? My character was DMd and "banned" from the faction I had most of my RP with

What the hell have you not gotten?: Respect from the faction leader, you.

Edited by Lovebug11
  • Ryder 1

10 hours ago, Tudounaozi said:

There is a reason why GTAW has 900 people and LSRP has less than 90. 

The reason GTAW has 900 players is a reason that is actively avoided on LSRP.

Disgusting server, disgusting community.

Freaks stick together and that's why it's populated. If those weirdos go anywhere else and do the shit they do on World, they're banned.

World is the only place that accepts them and honestly, keep it that way.

It filters out the dogshit from this community.

• Clap 1

52 minutes ago, Lovebug11 said:

- TEXTWALL OF SLANDER AND WHINING -

Perspective is an amazing thing. Here is mine, since you continue to want to go down that route:

1) A beloved character lost their life over the actions of outsiders (to our faction/the one that you're discussing).

2) For better or worse, the entire situation /started/ from your character dwelving into someone's privacy. Whereas you character's actions weren't intentionally malicious, they have kickstarted a wave of violence.
** The entire thing might as well have been OOC-ly coordinated on behalf of external parties, but given that I/we don't have a single shred of evidence to back-up our claims and/or do anything about it, the only option for me, as a mere community member, is to carry on In-Character.

3) It's absolutely fake news that our faction has divulged into a full blown criminal network. Yes, it has dug deeper into the life of crime as a result of In-Character relationships and development. Very few of the insider characters are actually and actively involved in the more criminal nature, which is the whole point of the faction - for characters to be individuals, be themselves, and not have to mold themselves in order to fit into a specific umbrella. There isn't one.
** If you have a problem with our faction, one of the most active factions in the server, that has been here from the get-go and is still here despite the low-pop state of LS:RP, while you're here bitching on the forums about your CKed character - I advise you to open a faction report as opposed to slandering it's name in public.

4) It is true, that as the faction become more serious, more organized (not necessarily criminally organized) and essentially and as far as In-Character is concerned, it became an extremely tight knit group of people partaking in various activities, including illegal ones. It was no longer a faction of a bunch of mere aquintances that just hung out together on the outskirts of the city on a Friday night. 
** As a result of this, I have introduced a faction-wide character kill agreement, of everyone having each other's CK permissions, myself and my character included. Everyone elected to agree/sign the agreement. Some people had things to say about it - they did, we discussed that, and ended up signing anyway. You signed the agreement /as well/.

5) With all this in mind, and going back to 1) - While I took absolutely no OOC pleasure in doing this, nor had any desire to do it, I felt like it was a thing that my character should and would do in their rage, bloodlust and desire for vengeance. Everyone who had anything to do with the character from 1) being killed (who was of great value to my own) was getting at the wrong end of a gun. Unfortunately, and given 1) again - this included your character.
** This is where it gets interesting. Let's recap and look at the facts. First you signed an OOC agreement, then your character got killed/CKed, then your reaction to this entire situation was log off the server, log into discord, remove your "CK agreement" from our discord server, and then hop into my DMs with more drama. You accuse me for being angry OOC and what-not. Do I /really/ need to post screenshots from our Discord chat about the situation and let the people decide who was the angry one, and who wasn't?
** I was actually more than willing and hopeful that you would rejoin the faction in some way on your new character, because we all enjoyed roleplaying with you, but that was prior to you giving your WORD, and then BACKTRACKING on it when it was no longer convenient for yourself and your own, "mixing" interests.

And last but not least...
6) Not only you have dissed my faction in this textwall of bullshit, but the quality of construction of my very own character as well, so:
** Like I did about the faction, I advise you to open a report and deal with the situation as you should, as opposed to trying to publicly slander me on subjective charges. I've a crystal clean administrative record from years and dare say have done more to create role play than you.
** Since you want to ride such a high horse and are so eager to diss the quality of factions, characters and people, I raise you this:
*** Go ahead and construct something better.
*** If you're such a great role player, why did you get all up in your feelings OOC about losing your pretty-little-snowflake and quit the server over it, as opposed to just namechanging and continueing to roleplay, like roleplayers do. It's never pleasant losing a character, but part of the beauty of quality roleplaying is that your faith doesn't rest entirely in your hands OOCly and other people are involved.
*** If you're such a great person, why did you give your /word/ and agreement to not only me, but 15 other people as well, and then instantly backed out of it the moment it was no longer convenient for you?

I didn't send for you, why are you coming for me?

Also: Respect is earned.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

26 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

-Long post above-

"2) For better or worse, the entire situation /started/ from your character dwelving into someone's privacy. Whereas you character's actions weren't intentionally malicious, they have kickstarted a wave of violence.
** The entire thing might as well have been OOC-ly coordinated on behalf of external parties, but given that I/we don't have a single shred of evidence to back-up our claims and/or do anything about it, the only option for me, as a mere community member, is to carry on In-Character."

My character merely unlocked a phone, that was all. A phone your character threw around. Then you did a /do of the background in the middle of a club, making it prone to MG. Basically this is what initiated the CK, my character unlocking your phone.

Again; you're not reasonable OOC. You are well aware of the MG involved, yet you still want to CK my character. Of course I will not agree with this?

"5) With all this in mind, and going back to 1) - While I took absolutely no OOC pleasure in doing this, nor had any desire to do it, I felt like it was a thing that my character should and would do in their rage, bloodlust and desire for vengeance. Everyone who had anything to do with the character from 1) being killed (who was of great value to my own) was getting at the wrong end of a gun. Unfortunately, and given 1) again - this included your character.
** This is where it gets interesting. Let's recap and look at the facts. First you signed an OOC agreement, then your character got killed/CKed, then your reaction to this entire situation was log off the server, log into discord, remove your "CK agreement" from our discord server, and then hop into my DMs with more drama. You accuse me for being angry OOC and what-not. Do I /really/ need to post screenshots from our Discord chat about the situation and let the people decide who was the angry one, and who wasn't?
** I was actually more than willing and hopeful that you would rejoin the faction in some way on your new character, because we all enjoyed roleplaying with you, but that was prior to you giving your WORD, and then BACKTRACKING on it when it was no longer convenient for yourself and your own, "mixing" interests."

You had no desire to CK Isa. So why do it? Because your character is a trigger happy killer? I'm not sure how well this is for roleplay in the server.

You knew that Isa had no bad intention IC, you even aknowledged it. There is simply no reason to get rid of a character that doesn't need to be disciplined. Besides that, if you wanted to take it all IC, she didn't even have to die. He could also just threaten her or something like that. Being trigger happy leaves no space for banter and fun anymore.

In the end it is a mass MG situation. You claim there was no evidence but you and Delaney stopped the investigation before it was finished. That's not on me. It was you who closed the report and said it was no longer needed. Where was my say in this? Since my character is apparently on the line too?

As for being angry? I was really disappointed. In the situation a little heated, but I think I was considerate to you and trying to explain to you that what you're doing isn't very clever. You basically just made the worst deal in the history of trade deals. Why would I be interested in rejoining the faction? You screwed me over OOC. You betrayed me and you didn't show a drop of respect or understanding. You just hoped I would so you could have your way and not lose a player. Maybe even do it again.

"And last but not least...
6) Not only you have dissed my faction in this textwall of bullshit, but the quality of construction of my very own character as well, so:
** Like I did about the faction, I advise you to open a report and deal with the situation as you should, as opposed to trying to publicly slander me on subjective charges. I've a crystal clean administrative record from years and dare say have done more to create role play than you.
** Since you want to ride such a high horse and are so eager to diss the quality of factions, characters and people, I raise you this:
*** If you're such a great role player, why did you get all up in your feelings OOC about losing your pretty-little-snowflake and quit the server over it, as opposed to just namechanging and continueing to roleplay, like roleplayers do. It's never pleasant losing a character, but part of the beauty of quality roleplaying is that your faith doesn't rest entirely in your hands OOCly and other people are involved.
*** If you're such a great person, why did you give your /word/ and agreement to not only me, but 15 other people as well, and then instantly backed out of it the moment it was no longer convenient for you? "

I merely said your character seems to be some serial killer type of psycho. In your post above you said that OOC you felt bad but your character didn't. (Implying he's a sociopath) and then followed by "I felt like it was a thing that my character should and would do in their rage, bloodlust and desire for vengeance." Which is very much psycho behavior if that is what you do for someone unlocking a phone, not knowing the background was some blowjob photo. One that also wasn't very clear.

"*** If you're such a great role player, why did you get all up in your feelings OOC about losing your pretty-little-snowflake and quit the server over it, as opposed to just namechanging and continueing to roleplay, like roleplayers do. It's never pleasant losing a character, but part of the beauty of quality roleplaying is that your faith doesn't rest entirely in your hands OOCly and other people are involved."

I'm here to have fun and develop a character. If that development gets ruined so easily by people who are trigger-happy then I am not interested in retrying and getting killed for poor reasoning again. Why would it not happen a second time? Also you banned me from the faction for not getting your way.

*** If you're such a great person, why did you give your /word/ and agreement to not only me, but 15 other people as well, and then instantly backed out of it the moment it was no longer convenient for you? "

I gave my word because I trusted people OOC not to abuse the power of it. I expected people to be reasonable. My character had no malicious intent and the whole CK serves no purpose to anything. I don't know why the PK/CK was so important to you with my character having minor involvement into any of the drama. She didn't even know most of the people involved.

And of the day there were only losers in this situation. LSRP lost a player, I lost my character and you gained nothing? So I was really confused why this was neccessary.

Also, no need to write such long posts about the faction. The faction isn't the reason why I left. Just you and your childish and aggressive behavior.

Spoiler

pS2ki8D.png

Edited by Lovebug11

• Lead Admin

It is clear that this thread has derailed slightly but I'm loathed to shut it down because some of the things being discussed were genuinely useful.

No more back and forth on personal issues between each other please, take it to DMs. 

• OK 1

Sal

4 minutes ago, Lovebug11 said:

Textwall

Reveal hidden contents

pS2ki8D.png

1) Didn't read.
2) If I broke any rules - report me through the proper channels, don't slander my name in general discussion threads that have little business with our internal faction dramas.
3) If I'm so horrible. I urge you to produce something better than whatever bullshit I'm doing. Something better and deeper than a character that for the entirety of its existence and DeVeLOpMeNt got into verbal altercations with people and into a romantic/sexual relationship with one more person. 

Sorry @Sal seen after posting, I'm done anyway.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

1 minute ago, Sal said:

It is clear that this thread has derailed slightly but I'm loathed to shut it down because some of the things being discussed were genuinely useful.

No more back and forth on personal issues between each other please, take it to DMs. 

I am answering his questions to why I left the server. That's what the thread is about.

1 minute ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

1) Didn't read.
2) If I broke any rules - report me through the proper channels, don't slander my name in general discussion threads that have little business with our internal faction dramas.
3) If I'm so horrible. I urge you to produce something better than whatever bullshit I'm doing. Something better and deeper than a character that for the entirety of its existence and DeVeLOpMeNt got into verbal altercations with people and into a romantic/sexual relationship with one more person. 

You're not exactly being an invitation to the server right now.

• Thumbs 1

Just now, Lovebug11 said:

You're not exactly being an invitation to the server right now.

You just shit on his character, his roleplay, his faction and the entirety of the community. Awfully bold of you to think anyone's gonna' be very inviting towards you.

That's like walking into someone's house, saying it looks like shit and your house looks better then expecting to be invited back for dinner.

You're not providing any feedback on the server. Your entire post was directed towards a single faction out of spite. There was nothing constructive about what you said. It essentially boiled down to "car faction been mean to me!!!!"

It's not the only faction on the server. Far from it. There's an entire community behind this server and your whole argument has been aimed at a single player, being Scandalouz.

If you have something to say, say it. If not, save your beef for his DMs, bruh.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, remmy said:

You just shit on his character, his roleplay, his faction and the entirety of the community. Awfully bold of you to think anyone's gonna' be very inviting towards you.

That's like walking into someone's house, saying it looks like shit and your house looks better then expecting to be invited back for dinner.

You're not providing any feedback on the server. Your entire post was directed towards a single faction out of spite. There was nothing constructive about what you said. It essentially boiled down to "car faction been mean to me!!!!"

It's not the only faction on the server. Far from it. There's an entire community behind this server and your whole argument has been aimed at a single player, being Scandalouz.

If you have something to say, say it. If not, save your beef for his DMs, bruh.

I said RPing a trigger-happy character does not encourage roleplay. He shits on my character by making weird statements like the last one he made. That doesn't represent my character at all.

I provided feedback on the server. I said that it's good, but some people are the problem. He wanted to know why people quit so I answered. Also if you read his post you can read that I did DM him right after the fact. He wasn't very keen on communications, though.

I don't think you're a forum admin or involved in this situation so I don't see why you bother commenting on it. I wish you the most of fun RPing in Scandalouz house.

14 minutes ago, Lovebug11 said:

I don't think you're a forum admin or involved in this situation so I don't see why you bother commenting on it.

Because you're airing out your personal, one on one grievances on a largely viewed, public thread.

• Sal locked this topic