Vehicle Engine Performance System [FEEDBACK THREAD]

GiamPy

Following the Major Update 1.4.0:

We decided to create a feedback thread for you guys to share your thoughts about the new system: complaints, opinions, vehicles too fast/too slow/unrealistic, anything like that.

This process will probably not end very soon as there's 198 vehicles currently that can be purchased through PDM, so it'll take a while.

We'll listen to your feedback and perform internal testing based on that, and fine-tune the algorithm accordingly.

• Love 1

AYANDA THOMPSON - LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT

WALTER PALERMO - BELLOMO CRIME FAMILY

The algorithm works great. There are noticeable gains in performance for those who paid the extra buck for a bigger and more powerful engine.

Hopefully that, in combination to engines and their stats being updated with more realistic data for any particular car, will help create quite a unique approach to cars in LS-RP, and generally a refreshing one, too, since we all knew nothing else than GTA 5 META and Sultan Classics and BF400s dusting everything with retarded acceleration.

My only concern is that there isn't an option to change your engine at the moment. Whenever you order a car with a specific engine, you are stuck for it.

Cars should have their own (to begin with) engine options available as a service that mechanics can provide. (changing them).

Actual swaps where you could in theory fit any other engine in any car, albeit within some realistic limitations, should also be something to consider for the future.

Bravo.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

My Cavalcade (lowest engine option) only goes up to like 98 MPH, when I feel like most cars these days can do easily 130-140. Perhaps the max speed for all vehicles should be shifted up a bit so we can really haul ass down some of these highways. That would make sports cars go much faster too!

fn jacob_rabinowitz() -> Result<Lawyer, _> {
  Lawyer::builder().set_name(“Jacob Rabinowitz”).set_credentials(“JD”).try_build()?

}

Just now, Jacob Rabinowitz said:

My Cavalcade (lowest engine option) only goes up to like 98 MPH, when I feel like most cars these days can do easily 130-140. Perhaps the max speed for all vehicles should be shifted up a bit so we can really haul ass down some of these highways. That would make sports cars go much faster too!

The problem with realistic MPH top speeds are that these would feel "game-breaking" in GTA 5 and its car physics as a whole.

(going 250mph with an exotic might be realistic, but gta 5 handling/physics wise would be unbearable)

I wouldn't pay the actual speed too much mind. What matters is the general variety in performance across both engine options as well as different cars in general.

• Thumbs 1

• jack pinned this topic
2 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

The algorithm works great. There are noticeable gains in performance for those who paid the extra buck for a bigger and more powerful engine.

Hopefully that, in combination to engines and their stats being updated with more realistic data for any particular car, will help create quite a unique approach to cars in LS-RP, and generally a refreshing one, too, since we all knew nothing else than GTA 5 META and Sultan Classics and BF400s dusting everything with retarded acceleration.

My only concern is that there isn't an option to change your engine at the moment. Whenever you order a car with a specific engine, you are stuck for it.

Cars should have their own (to begin with) engine options available as a service that mechanics can provide. (changing them).

Actual swaps where you could in theory fit any other engine in any car, albeit within some realistic limitations, should also be something to consider for the future.

Bravo.

This is a really good suggestion. Making more engine varieties for vehicles would be nice for anyone roleplaying around tuning cars. I believe it should be turbo and superchargers add-ons not engines.. As making more engines might be hard to balance.

So it would give like 10% or 20% boost.

• Thumbs 1

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

HEAD OF COMMERCE AND ESTATE TEAM

Jerry Roux

Roux Capital Group

58 minutes ago, Superb said:

This is a really good suggestion. Making more engine varieties for vehicles would be nice for anyone roleplaying around tuning cars. I believe it should be turbo and superchargers add-ons not engines.. As making more engines might be hard to balance.

So it would give like 10% or 20% boost.

This is a complicated subject, since a lot of cars come out the factory with forced induction. Diesels especially. They need that to make the stock BHP that they are making. So it's not as simple as "slap a turbo, get 20%".

There's a turbo, then there is a turbo. There is PSI and of course there is how much PSI of boost can the engine take, and that's just scratching the surface.

Edit: Newer cars especially. Many are downsized in terms of displacement, slapped some form of forced induction and boosted as much as they could possibly be, so that a 1.6L engine can make 300HP.

These downsized aluminium blocks, good luck boosting them more on stock internals/without grenading the engine.

If we're going for realism, we need to try-hard and design a (i know full realism is not possible) **believable** system.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

The engine algorithm is tremendous but it has some issues on some cars. I drive a Blista Compact and I had the opportunity to test a Benefactor Schafter with the 5.8 Liter Petrol I think It's the Mercedes-Benz E-Klass W212 AMG (not so sure sorry for the brand including) but this sporty sedan only reaches 117 MPH/124MPH and downhill can reach 130+MPH, I think this sedan deserves at least 150 MPH in this engine configuration, My personal Blista Compact with the smallest 1.6-litre petrol or even 1.4 (blista compact have badges saying it's 1.4 multijet something like that), I'm not so sure it reaches 110-120 MPH I know the difference in weight but It has only 123 HP I think and the Schafter 500 HP in PDM description, There are more engine speed issues I understand the logic behind this script for taking care of the exaggerated speed "rocket ship's on the street" but still I think it can be pushed far for the performance engine. So in my opinion some cars deserve much more acceleration at least... my opinion, maybe 150 MPH is top speed and for the exotic/supercar 170-180 MPH will be something enough cars with 500 HP should at least reach 155 MPH like the Schafter, this depends on staff if they want to change anything... In my opinion, it's a great update, great work for the developers for everything, Cheers!

23 minutes ago, RP77777 said:

The engine algorithm is tremendous but it has some issues on some cars. I drive a Blista Compact and I had the opportunity to test a Benefactor Schafter with the 5.8 Liter Petrol I think It's the Mercedes-Benz E-Klass W212 AMG (not so sure sorry for the brand including) but this sporty sedan only reaches 117 MPH/124MPH and downhill can reach 130+MPH, I think this sedan deserves at least 150 MPH in this engine configuration, My personal Blista Compact with the smallest 1.6-litre petrol or even 1.4 (blista compact have badges saying it's 1.4 multijet something like that), I'm not so sure it reaches 110-120 MPH I know the difference in weight but It has only 123 HP I think and the Schafter 500 HP in PDM description, There are more engine speed issues I understand the logic behind this script for taking care of the exaggerated speed "rocket ship's on the street" but still I think it can be pushed far for the performance engine. So in my opinion some cars deserve much more acceleration at least... my opinion, maybe 150 MPH is top speed and for the exotic/supercar 170-180 MPH will be something enough cars with 500 HP should at least reach 155 MPH like the Schafter, this depends on staff if they want to change anything... In my opinion, it's a great update, great work for the developers for everything, Cheers!

Blogpost literally said all engines are being updated for realism.

Your reply is not indeed required, I read the post but they tell us they don't want to have spaceship hitting enormous speed despite the fact they want realism speed/top speed etc ... I hate people who just comment about being forcibly introduced in a subject.

Edited by RP77777

I've no issues with it, however lowriders and muscle cars cannot reach their full potentials as they need the ingame upgrades (specifically turbo) to reach their full potential, and have their special abilities.

I think no matter what car it is, it should never hit 160 or more, it looks extremely unrealistic in game because GTAV is different from IRL speeds, it would look weird on everyone's screens and also cause lag for the driver.

• Thumbs 1

Might be slightly off topic and sounding a bit spoilt, but quite disappointed with this being a "Major Update" considering it added 3 new things to the game. Was hoping for a few more additions such as the graffiti which was spoken about in week 2 of "it's time to talk..." and even the phone animation that's been advertised in snippets over a week ago. Hoping to see more addition to the server that benefit illegal RP and not every other faction instead.

• Thumbs 1

6 hours ago, GiamPy said:

Following the Major Update 1.4.0:

We decided to create a feedback thread for you guys to share your thoughts about the new system: complaints, opinions, vehicles too fast/too slow/unrealistic, anything like that.

This process will probably not end very soon as there's 198 vehicles currently that can be purchased through PDM, so it'll take a while.

We'll listen to your feedback and perform internal testing based on that, and fine-tune the algorithm accordingly.

+1 like. My hellfire fast af boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

giphy-downsized-large.gif

BqxaU9R.png

-+Calculated Shooter+

The dominator GTX with its 840 HP, takes ages to hit its top speed which being 108 MPH... Yet you've got the four door Dominator with a 500 HP engine being seen at 160+, don't know wether this engine was overlooked or missed but there is no difference in it from before update to post update.

DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS II) Bradley Murphy.                                                                                                      
                          Team Member, Special Enforcement Bureau                                                                                                                           Chapter V.President.
                                  241 Edward,Team Red Member.                                                                                                                                             Benny Gomez.
                                        Weapons Training Unit                                                                                                                                                     Los Renegados MC 
           Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"                                                                                     

CHuDM7A.png                                                                                                                                                     6OBbpI3.png

• Developer
22 hours ago, Dat_Block said:

The dominator GTX with its 840 HP, takes ages to hit its top speed which being 108 MPH... Yet you've got the four door Dominator with a 500 HP engine being seen at 160+, don't know wether this engine was overlooked or missed but there is no difference in it from before update to post update.

That's essentially because the dominator GTX is one of the slowest muscle cars in the game and probably even with the multipliers applied it is still not up to par.

• 2 weeks later...