What do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?

3 hours ago, MissGTA said:

2)The taser working from 60 km distance is definitely not fairplay, and I never could understand how it never changed in SAMP. 

The tazer hasn't worked from huge distances for years now as it was reworked. Our faction has been consistently using the tackle script instead, as that's more fun. We are hopeful that it will make a return on V.

One of my dearest critiques in regards to this community has been the inaccessibility of those who wish to roleplay as a law enforcement officer, but do not fulfill the requirement of owning a microphone. This issue needs to be reviewed through the prism of roleplay and not Out of Character restrictions in order to find a proper solution that does not limit people to parking enforcement or force them to patrol in partnered units. Such requirements not only defeat the purpose of a text based roleplay server, but also prohibit talented people from exercising their roleplay.

• Thumbs 3

17 hours ago, Doug Dimmadome said:

One of my dearest critiques in regards to this community has been the inaccessibility of those who wish to roleplay as a law enforcement officer, but do not fulfill the requirement of owning a microphone. This issue needs to be reviewed through the prism of roleplay and not Out of Character restrictions in order to find a proper solution that does not limit people to parking enforcement or force them to patrol in partnered units. Such requirements not only defeat the purpose of a text based roleplay server, but also prohibit talented people from exercising their roleplay.

I don't think that would be possible, especially from a practical point of view. It's one of those things that can make sense in a theoretical way but you will never be able to put it in practice. This game has its limits. Just imagine being in a car or on foot pursuit and having to write and follow at the same time. Anyone can get a microphone, anyone can use it. 

I'm actually just very excited to see what you all will be doing with detectives particularly when it comes to homicides. I believe that there are going to be ample opportunities for bullet casings/analysis. I think it would be really cool to see a forensics science division and an emphasis put on the processing of evidence for cases.

Chief Justice Matthew R. Klenkok,

Eighth and Tenth Chief Justice of the State of San Andreas.

ch6D1zD.gif
also
Judge William K. Adjei,
Firefighter Thomas Ke

6 hours ago, Cronic said:

I don't think that would be possible, especially from a practical point of view. It's one of those things that can make sense in a theoretical way but you will never be able to put it in practice. This game has its limits. Just imagine being in a car or on foot pursuit and having to write and follow at the same time. Anyone can get a microphone, anyone can use it. 

IMO it is possible. It's possible for gang RPers to co-ordinate situations without the use of mics, I don't think LSPD/LSSD are special nor should they be able to use VOIP either.  It just makes things unfair. If gang rpers are on the run from the cops and the driver wants to call backup, he has to stop the car, /call (number) type out the message, send it, all while trying to avoid being boxed in by a bunch of blokes sitting on mics yelling at eachother about where the suspect is. It makes it basically impossible to escape the police, which imo is extremely unfair because IRL it's far from that hard to lose somebody. If LSPD are truly committed to removing any sort of p2w mentality from their faction, remove the last thing that's enabling it, VOIP.

IMO the use of voip by police agencies is something I've never agreed with, and the day VOIP is abolished for good, I'll applaud LEO rpers.

Edited by La Tweaker
  • Thumbs 1

5 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

IMO it is possible. It's possible for gang RPers to co-ordinate situations without the use of mics, I don't think LSPD/LSSD are special nor should they be able to use VOIP either.  It just makes things unfair. If gang rpers are on the run from the cops and the driver wants to call backup, he has to stop the car, /call (number) type out the message, send it, all while trying to avoid being boxed in by a bunch of blokes sitting on mics yelling at eachother about where the suspect is. It makes it basically impossible to escape the police, which imo is extremely unfair because IRL it's far from that hard to lose somebody. If LSPD are truly committed to removing any sort of p2w mentality from their faction, remove the last thing that's enabling it, VOIP.

IMO the use of voip by police agencies is something I've never agreed with, and the day VOIP is abolished for good, I'll applaud LEO rpers.

This is exactly why LEO factions got rid of aggressive pursuit techniques like boxing, intercepting, physical roadblocks. They're play to win asf and not realistic. 

LEO factions using voip is unfortunately going to be an inevitable thing for as long as GTA RP exists. Situations just move too fast to keep up using text. However I am certain both PD and SD will do their best to keep VoIP to the bare minimum.

• CJ 1

12 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

Has this ever limited illegal role-players from using VoIP? Absolutely not. There're groups in factions that literally use a 2nd discord so they don't MG on the main one observed by Faction Management or they just use a regular group call in discord. It's not like we can change it because half of the people play legit, because if that was the case, the other half would still abuse VoIP to their liking. If it's the case that a member of the PD uses the VoIP as an unfair advantange, hence calling out shootouts whilst dead, screaming or being toxic over VoIP, not being reasonable etc, they will be punished, but you need to understand that in a shootout, you can not type out "Shots fired, Vespucci" or something, because your CALLOUTS need to be more precise and using just the general name of the location is never enough, because it  ends up with units having to circle Vespucci to find the shooting and in that time, it's quite certain the criminals have already rushed and killed the cop. It's a bad idea to remove VoIP from the police, because that's basically the only thing that makes us unique in that way. Communication is key in real life as well. Even if the criminals are smart enough to use radios, most of them do not because the radio lines are trackable and can be listened to, which sadly we do not have the access to in this video game.

3 hours ago, F0r3v3r said:

[...] you can not type out "Shots fired, Vespucci" or something [...]

Your primary objective during a gunfight is getting out alive and eliminating the threat before making the radio transmission or pressing the emergency button. Your first reaction must be returning fire or running for safety; not transmitting your callsign, location, description, and other potentially crucial information. Once the threat is eliminated there's no longer a need to utilize TeamSpeak and the scenario continues through official text channels. It's outright unrealistic behavior and should be treated as such.

• Thumbs 1

16 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

You compare apples to pears. PD or SD are government agencies that have many gadgets like headset radios or bodycams which makes sense to use VOIP. Escaping PD should be hard. 

This is our current stance on players without a microphone, which is unfortunately not going to change:

We are also not interested in individuals who do not possess a microphone at the moment, as they wouldn't be effective during emergency situations that require the use of a microphone. Having to force faction members to patrol with someone without a microphone, or allowing members without a microphone to patrol solo and get involved in situations that they cannot call out is just a huge hassle that we do not want to explore.

However, we are going to be possibly opening up non-LEO positions that people may want to explore.

As for the usage of VOIP, it has been answered multiple times. We have nerfed ourselves as a faction and continuously look what we can do to maintain that balance. Our goal is providing quality police role-play, while maintaining an effective in-character police department. VOIP is heavily moderated by experienced senior faction members and we do not condone it being overused.

We are going to be continuing to moderate it heavily and using it, alongside the Los Santos Sheriff's Department. Both factions have been moderating this for years since 2018, and we continue to do so. 

I suggest you send a suggestion to Server Management regarding the usage of VOIP in LEO factions, if you really want to see it gone.

For returning players who have yet to experience our changes and had bad interactions with our faction, I can only hope that our faction’s role-play standards and changes can make up for the past!

19 hours ago, Kotwica said:

I'm actually just very excited to see what you all will be doing with detectives particularly when it comes to homicides. I believe that there are going to be ample opportunities for bullet casings/analysis. I think it would be really cool to see a forensics science division and an emphasis put on the processing of evidence for cases.

We've re-introduced Robbery and Homicide Division. We are also looking into opening forensic positions for players, it depends on the script and how detailed it will be though. @bobster and @lynx should be able to get into more detail about this with you.

42 minutes ago, Doug Dimmadome said:

Your primary objective during a gunfight is getting out alive and eliminating the threat before making the radio transmission or pressing the emergency button. Your first reaction must be returning fire or running for safety; not transmitting your callsign, location, description, and other potentially crucial information. Once the threat is eliminated there's no longer a need to utilize TeamSpeak and the scenario continues through official text channels. It's outright unrealistic behavior and should be treated as such.

I suggest that you conduct your own research in regards to the inner workings of American law enforcement agencies. Numerous bodycam videos can show you exactly what you are describing as unrealistic behavior, that being officers calling out the situation and their location immediately upon returning fire, or during the gunfight.

Their objective during emergency situations is to call the situation out and get their colleagues to come help them, rather than 'eliminating the threat' solo like Rambo, or 'running away' from an emergency incident with the risk of getting shot in the back.

LAPD's Youtube channel may help you out with understanding how these agencies work.

• Love 2

32 minutes ago, Benavides said:

I suggest that you conduct your own research in regards to the inner workings of American law enforcement agencies.

I'm doing research on Criminology and Criminal Justice in the United States.

42 minutes ago, Benavides said:

Numerous bodycam videos can show you exactly what you are describing as unrealistic behavior, that being officers calling out the situation and their location immediately upon returning fire, or during the gunfight.

It appears that you're interpreting my statement in a wrong way. I'm not criticizing the vocal usage of the radio itself during a shooting or deem radio traffic unrealistic; it's the play-to-win attitude most cops have to immediately notify of the situation, in order to get others to respond as fast as possible, rather than portraying a realistic fight and flight response, which in this case is shooting back before utilizing the radio. It only makes sense to call for backup when behind cover, but not during the gunfight or when getting shot within seconds of initiation.

On 12/27/2021 at 8:09 PM, Doug Dimmadome said:

I'm doing research on Criminology and Criminal Justice in the United States.

It appears that you're interpreting my statement in a wrong way. I'm not criticizing the vocal usage of the radio itself during a shooting or deem radio traffic unrealistic; it's the play-to-win attitude most cops have to immediately notify of the situation, in order to get others to respond as fast as possible, rather than portraying a realistic fight and flight response, which in this case is shooting back before utilizing the radio. It only makes sense to call for backup when behind cover, but not during the gunfight or when getting shot within seconds of initiation.

It's impossible to pursue realism in such manner as there're people who go around with the objective to kill people and they've practiced for a long time in DM servers just to be able to kill someone. Calling in for backup is CRUCIAL as if you go down, there're officers arriving on the scene who can cover you whilst others call in for medical and provide first aid. THAT alone buys you time and time is crucial if you're injured. You'll get help faster, you'll end up in the hospital faster and you'll STAY ALIVE. If you are in a situation with active gunfire at you and you get shot, without calling back-up, the shooter can just run up and kill you. If you have back-up coming, in this case, with emergency sirens and lights, you have higher chance that the robber wouldn't consider running up to kill you, but think of an escape route for themselves once they've "neutralized" you as a threat (Yes, they may not think you have called for back-up and still run up, but HOPEFULLY your back-up has arrived by that time). Yes, in some cases the officer gets a head wound and probably dies and taking into consideration that this is a game, where headshots are much more common, I think using VoIP to transmit your location and everything relevant is one of the only thing we can do to even our playing grounds against the criminals who can, in some cases, shoot better than us, even if in real life, cops would be able to take those situations with less stress and better aim. In most cases I've experienced (called) back-up for myself is when I am taking shots at my vehicle or someone is shooting at me whilst I am in cover, which is completely reasonable as I DO NOT need to shoot back whilst driving or behind a cover, because it's lower chance I will get hit. I can call for back-up, TAKE COVER if I am still in my car and THEN fire back.