Player POV Problems & Incentivizing Roleplay

SCANDALOUZ

i love the economy because it will indefinitely keep filtering /crossarming second life degenerates who keep crying about ooc scripted money while silently weeping for a bullet to /lean against and sincerely improve the state of the community

Edited by deluxe

I just want to mention, since OP made a point a couple replies back. Regarding the red tape, whatever it's for, it's not quality. Please peruse at your own leasure the screenshots showcasing the roleplay around the distribution of these firearms, posted by the factions w these assets. Surely they were given these assets based on relations status and not merit of roleplay? :S

Just to mention, by just glancing through the forums for less than 2h total it's clear to see that you have a very talented base of players ready to dedicate their time and efforts in building something, we, as like-minded roleplayers, would all very much enjoy. This server has the potential to be one of the greatest, I just hope the management listens to the very based (not necessarily mine) opinions of its supporters.

Edited by Dachri
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Dachri said:

I just want to mention, since OP made a point a couple replies back. Regarding the red tape, whatever it's for, it's not quality. Please peruse at your own leasure the screenshots showcasing the roleplay around the distribution of these firearms, posted by the factions w these assets. Surely they were given these assets based on relations status and not merit of roleplay? :S

Just to mention, by just glancing through the forums for less than 2h total it's clear to see that you have a very talented base of players ready to dedicate their time and efforts in building something, we, as like-minded roleplayers, would all very much enjoy. This server has the potential to be one of the greatest, I just hope the management listens to the very based (not necessarily mine) opinions of its supporters.

Completely agree with  this and @SCANDALOUZ. I feel that the staff team should be far more transparent when it comes to business applications and their content, as well as how businesses are able to make a profit. I understand that "business profit" in general is an issue they're addressing, but I completely agree that all this red tape is getting ridiculous.

Another point I'd like to make is in regards to the script jobs and the lack of general income to purchase things like cars, property, etc. Most of us here are in our mid-twenties to late thirties IRL. I know lots of the SAMP/OG LS-RP players certainly are and I'm getting there at the age of 23 already. I cannot speak for everyone but speaking for the faction and group of roleplayers I run with, the general consensus is that many of us have lives IRL that require engagement and lots of time to do. In order to do much of anything without having a business, having a scheme, or being in an official faction, you have to spend countless hours grinding script jobs. The aforementioned roleplayers in my faction and I come here for the roleplay, not necessarily to sit and drive a truck around for hours. It's entertaining for a while but when it starts to stand in between accomplishing the goals of a faction or character in RP, it becomes fruitless. Just some thoughts from 12+ year text-only roleplayer on a variety of platforms and mediums. 

As an adendum to this, I don't exactly know what the correct answer is, but giving more opportunities to make some money that doesn't require scripty grinding would be good.

Edited by westfordd
  • Clap 2
  • Thumbs 2
  • Strong 1

Another point I'd like to make is in regards to the script jobs and the lack of general income to purchase things like cars, property, etc. Most of us here are in our mid-twenties to late thirties IRL. I know lots of the SAMP/OG LS-RP players certainly are and I'm getting there at the age of 23 already.

This. I'm 27 and basically pushing 30, I've got a job and commitments that won't allow me to grind in a virtual world, at best I'm able to play two hours late at night if not less, I believe certain schemes should be accessible to individuals such as contraband so they can improve their finances while enjoying some roleplay during it, along with maybe getting more lenient when it comes to company and business apps to allow individuals a better chance at it. If a player is attempting to provide creative and quality roleplay, I personally believe they should be supported instead of having them waste a few hours per week just to finance themselves.

tldr, we should reward people for roleplaying, whether they're a group of friends or simply individuals doing their own things, as long as they're providing quality roleplay I don't see a reason to lock anything behind meaningless requirements such as time on server or the number of friends they have to run a business venture.

• Love 4

Whilst the point is absolutely true that roleplay should be awarded better weather that be faction, business, company, whatever..
I must also remind you lads not to ever expect playing 1 hour a day and receiving close or the same amount of money that someone that is playing 3-4 hours a day.

Yes, most of us have jobs, but that doesn't mean we can balance the economy around 1 hour of playtime per day, that would cause insane inflation.
I think a good mark to go off, especially since we have tapered paychecks is around 3-4 hours of playtime per day, equaling to 21h/week.

Cause whatever the system ends up being, we can't award 5k to a player who roleplayed 7 hours and also award the same amount to a player who roleplayed 21 hours.
But we can't give the 21 hours, just triple the amount either, since that would fuck everything over real fast.

4dfQ5Et.png

10 hours ago, SolidShock24 said:

Whilst the point is absolutely true that roleplay should be awarded better weather that be faction, business, company, whatever..
I must also remind you lads not to ever expect playing 1 hour a day and receiving close or the same amount of money that someone that is playing 3-4 hours a day.

Yes, most of us have jobs, but that doesn't mean we can balance the economy around 1 hour of playtime per day, that would cause insane inflation.
I think a good mark to go off, especially since we have tapered paychecks is around 3-4 hours of playtime per day, equaling to 21h/week.

Cause whatever the system ends up being, we can't award 5k to a player who roleplayed 7 hours and also award the same amount to a player who roleplayed 21 hours.
But we can't give the 21 hours, just triple the amount either, since that would fuck everything over real fast.

Oh absolutely, I'm not asking for special treatment because I'm a busy adult, simply asking to be able to sustain my RP with the limited amount of time I have, the bare minimum if we're being specific, I don't want to be e-rich, simply able to rent/lease a place to call home and the cheapest vehicle possible, which is why I asked for some schemes to be available to individuals, if I don't grind that scheme I won't make much, but I'll still be able to RP and earn a living wage in those 2 hours I have to spare per day instead of roleplaying for a week or two and not being able to afford a cheap shitbucket of a car.