We need to steer away from a realistic economy model, at least for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ROZE said:

@30PiecesOfSilver how do you feel about things now since first making this post?

Since then we have incorporated the universal income, more support for businesses, faction scenario schemes etc, are things moving in the right direction?

Yeah those changes are great and will make a good difference, the only thing left I would do if I were you guys was the "Don't pay or we'll take it away" for vehicle loans and future mortgages. Maybe have a system that doesn't allow you to spawn the vehicle until the payments balance is paid. So that way you don't lose the money spent on a car loan or mortgage. Let's say you missed 1 week of payments and you couldn't play that week. Well if you make more money you could be able to just pay the amount due and then avoid losing your vehicle/property because of IRL reasons that forced you not to play that week. But yeah overall it's a great step and I'm happy with these changes. The social check you get is decent enough to allow you to play and rp and still avoid grinding. Good job Roze 

• Clap 4

2 hours ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

Yeah those changes are great and will make a good difference, the only thing left I would do if I were you guys was the "Don't pay or we'll take it away" for vehicle loans and future mortgages. Maybe have a system that doesn't allow you to spawn the vehicle until the payments balance is paid. So that way you don't lose the money spent on a car loan or mortgage. Let's say you missed 1 week of payments and you couldn't play that week. Well if you make more money you could be able to just pay the amount due and then avoid losing your vehicle/property because of IRL reasons that forced you not to play that week. But yeah overall it's a great step and I'm happy with these changes. The social check you get is decent enough to allow you to play and rp and still avoid grinding. Good job Roze 

Great stuff @30PiecesOfSilver! Glad to hear you've noticed the changes in a positive way

I'm not 100% certain how the script handles you missing a car payment at the moment, I think the car is only removed if you don't pay at all for a good amount of time, but don't quote me on that!

For anyone who may have been following this topic with a similar viewpoint to the OP, we have a section now where you can point out issues with the economy in an official manner, or suggest ideas:

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 3:32 AM, Kirill_Ustinov said:

Just bring back old system. You guys are forgetting, we are LS:RP. How many people over here had millions sitting in banks and we used the funds to create RP, using cash to purchase properties, furniture them for sick ass vibes and all that. We don't care about money, we just use that shit to create more possibilities. 

When I was running Russian scene on SAMP, I'd have my crew scout some cars and snap pictures of them. Pass it over to me and I'd forward to other organized crimes that were my business associates. They'd get back with me with the car they liked and my crew would jack that ride, we'd RP the entire process of document, VIN swap and all that and after couple days of RPing in garage doing all that, I'd buy the car from DS and sell it half-price to the OC affiliate. So if its elegant that was 120k, I'd sell them that for 60k, but I'd just raise up prices of gun/drugs for a little while until 60k would be paid off, but that would take even up-to 2-3 month for them to slowly pay it back to balance it out, but core point is...we used money to create sick RP instead of grinding/waiting for cash for months to create more RP. 

Don't forget the important factor that, lots of us are older these days. This ain't 08-2016 where we were young and had plenty of time on our hands, majority of players are probably mid 20's right now and when you wanna come IG to be able to do epic shit that you been doing on here since 07-09 and etc... grinding for cash from beginning is pretty harsh.

If not, at least give us good cash boosts. Let people get back on their feet , get some vehicle, property and such. Because expecting everyone to follow "realistic" economy is harsh, because end of the day. Economy will still get fucked up, it's just matter of time. Multiple servers across all platforms tried it, but end of the day. It's a game and nobody wants to grind.

On LSRP we got standards, there's special thing about us and nobody gave a shit that you had couple hundred grand sitting in the bank.

80 percent of people RP'ed broke or fitting their characters-RP developing assets, nobody proper RP'ed having mils in their bank. How many gang members out here had millions, but RP'ed broke as shit, but used the funds to purchase vehicles, get properties mapped out so it feels enjoyable to RP around whole hood scene...

Words of wisdom, hitting my 30's in a bit, I don't really have time nor the energy for grinding e-money.
I rather spend my few spare hours in a week playing FPS\RTS games.