We need to steer away from a realistic economy model, at least for a while.

I understand fully that this was a decision done by management and I appreciate the efforts done by Roze to create a realistic model. It was clearly a success and really feels like IRL, this struggle for high car payments + rent (or mortgage) feels like my current situation IRL. But this is not what a RP server should stride towards and let me explain.

The current system forces you to grind to afford very basic needs (vehicle+rent) and limits role-play instead of promoting it.  Let's say your rent is 200$ a week and your car payment after a 15% down is 500$. It means you have to net a clear income of 700$ minimum weekly to survive. Doesn't sound so bad on paper, but in the current state of the server this means you have to focus work for at least 3-5 hours a week. Which is terrible, especially if your character cannot truck, mow lawn, fish or pick garbage since it might not be realistic for the said character.  And sure I know what the reply is; just wait for businesses to hire people and work at a business.

Firstly, there's a lack of cash-flow on the server and the cash-flow will always be an issue with this model. No cash-flow, low income, high weekly cost to survive equals  less money to spend on said businesses. If you don't have much spare income how are you supposed to go spending if you barely have extra. What if you want to spend 3-4 hours role-playing something that isn't money related? You are screwed! Please revamp the whole system, it's broken and it steers players towards asset over role-play. Currently LS-RP is trucking simulator , fishing sim and lawn mower sim in GTA V. All you see is people grinding since they want to afford a down payment on a vehicle they want.  I'm not pointing fingers, I just ponder why it was chosen. Also if you are going with a low income system, furniture should be 100% free with these prices makes no sense to have to pay to furnish an interior.

And while I didn't touch the illegal side of income (Which will arrive eventually). No cash-flow issue arises once more and your char might not have money to afford drugs or illegal goods. So I skipped this part for that reason. Fun vs realism is the debate here and I feel like we're too far over realism. I would highly advise a poll or something to have a feel for what players want. It's not too late to fix the system, but I know for a fact it already drove people away. The current realistic system drives away the fun, but who really asked for realism? And while it's done to avoid over inflation, said inflation is going to happen anyways at a very very reduced pace since of the cash-flow issue. But it'll happen regardless once the server runs out of the most valuable thing which is property (excluding apartments).

TLDR: Current system forces grinding to afford basic needs and reduces role-play instead of promoting it, even if inflation is inevitable in the end.

• Thumbs 5

4 minutes ago, mythical said:

Then what's the solution?

Maybe introduce something like assets request? Let's say if you hit some criterias (e.g.: character background story w/e) you'd be able to request some goods for a certain limit. This way ppl wouldn't need to grind for basic stuff.

• CJ 1

spacer.png

1 minute ago, bladeex said:

Maybe introduce something like assets request? Let's say if you hit some criterias (e.g.: character background story w/e) you'd be able to request some goods for a certain limit. This way ppl wouldn't need to grind for basic stuff.

Yeah but then that puts an unfair advantage to everyone else. I get what you're saying but there no fair way to do that.

5 minutes ago, bladeex said:

always advocated for this. its a good system which doesnt hurt the economy granted that the assets cannot be sold

theres this idea that 3-5 hours of focused trucking a week isnt a lot of work, but in reality it kind of is. the emphasis of this server should be creating fun and engaging scenes not locking people into forced maintenance of assets

Edited by trashstar

3 minutes ago, bladeex said:

I like this, but it would bring a lot of issues on it's own and could be unfair. I think like I posted above, a weekly income of 3,000$ after social security could be nice.

3 minutes ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

I like this, but it would bring a lot of issues on it's own and could be unfair. I think like I posted above, a weekly income of 3,000$ after social security could be nice.

idk thats a pretty flawed approach to criticising ideas. "could be unfair" is based on an assumption that the idea is implemented wrong. its a small possibility, but what isnt a small possibility is that 3k a week would decimate the server's economy in a month

having players just post an app for a car which cant be sold is much less damaging 

Edited by trashstar

3 minutes ago, trashstar said:

idk thats a pretty flawed approach to criticising ideas. "could be unfair" is based on an assumption that the idea is implemented wrong. its a small possibility, but what isnt a small possibility is that 3k a week would decimate the server's economy in a month

having players just post an app for a car which cant be sold is much less damaging 

Wasn't my intention, but yeah if you can't sell those to other players yeah that would work. But i meant unfair as in if someone wants to make a rich character, and is given straight assets that part would be unfair.

ever since we more or less got access to LSRP ive been thinking about this a LOT, this isnt just about money as an item but its the idea overall, arching over concepts too when you think about it

to begin with, how will businesses function if the economy is so realistic? are you going to get scraps for almost two hours of work? the owner will want to squeeze you for every dime they can, so they'll pay you the most minimum wage possible, because he has to earn too, right? alcohol n allat, which is obviously fair because thats what a business is for.

what about criminal rp? i had an idea of making a brewery where we make half-baked alcohol but try and disguise it as a luxury brand, but theres no system in place, and with an economy like this theres no way staff would just let us /createitem or whatever and then sell it, because that'd inflate the economy. 

or what if we have a pawnshop, and we sell RP items? in such an economy, nobody will ever want to spend hard earned money on an item you can't use in any way. this wasn't a problem in ANOTHER SERVER because money was much more readily accessible, in fact, pawnshops were great there, and fun to have. my MC used to steal all sorts of appliances and we made a deal agreement with another MCs pawnshop to unload everything we stole. It was fucking fun as fuck having a relationship like that between two MCs, and felt really cinematic.

i seriously think that if we made money a lot more accessible, it would also really incentivize non-profit roleplay, but to combat this, we should also increase the prices for everything remotely luxurious and keep an eye on characters that shouldn't have that kind of shit with whatever background theyre roleplaying.

anyway, Charles Schwab ova here

• Clap 1
  • Thumbs 4

1 hour ago, bladeex said:

This would be a wise idea. I think it'd also influence more people to come from other communities so they wouldn't feel as inclined to "completely" start over.  

21 21 21

31 minutes ago, Overlord6969 said:

ever since we more or less got access to LSRP ive been thinking about this a LOT, this isnt just about money as an item but its the idea overall, arching over concepts too when you think about it

to begin with, how will businesses function if the economy is so realistic? are you going to get scraps for almost two hours of work? the owner will want to squeeze you for every dime they can, so they'll pay you the most minimum wage possible, because he has to earn too, right? alcohol n allat, which is obviously fair because thats what a business is for.

what about criminal rp? i had an idea of making a brewery where we make half-baked alcohol but try and disguise it as a luxury brand, but theres no system in place, and with an economy like this theres no way staff would just let us /createitem or whatever and then sell it, because that'd inflate the economy. 

or what if we have a pawnshop, and we sell RP items? in such an economy, nobody will ever want to spend hard earned money on an item you can't use in any way. this wasn't a problem in ANOTHER SERVER because money was much more readily accessible, in fact, pawnshops were great there, and fun to have. my MC used to steal all sorts of appliances and we made a deal agreement with another MCs pawnshop to unload everything we stole. It was fucking fun as fuck having a relationship like that between two MCs, and felt really cinematic.

i seriously think that if we made money a lot more accessible, it would also really incentivize non-profit roleplay, but to combat this, we should also increase the prices for everything remotely luxurious and keep an eye on characters that shouldn't have that kind of shit with whatever background theyre roleplaying.

anyway, Charles Schwab ova here

Couldn't have said it better myself, also it's really important that an asset tax is implemented. That will really help in the end, especially if it makes being rich and owning a lot of high value assets a problem. Because then you'll have to create ways to avoid tax or not but face the consequences.

i dont think a system that forces you to work X/Y hours a week is perfect, thats hours wasted on working, on a roleplay server, where the idea is to roleplay. if the working was engaging, then it wouldnt be an issue, but we just mindlessly autopilot the jobs. 

thats on TOP of the hours all week you should be spending roleplaying, i know this isnt really a big hassle but its still a hassle, a lot of people are way too busy with life to dedicate some hours a week on driving a forklift around, i love this server, i love the systems that ive never ever seen implemented before. id hate it to go wrong

Edited by Overlord6969

Keep it how it is and give everyone a starter lump sum on top of the check until lvl 4

I think another part of the problem is everyone is in such a rush to gain assets and the grind isnt /fast/ enough, give it time.

Edited by Trceo

giphy-downsized-large.gif

BqxaU9R.png

-+Calculated Shooter+