Current state of the economy.

First off, I'm not pointing fingers to anyone but right now the economy is really awful.

So my thoughts after playing for a bit is that it's just way too low. Now I understand management doesn't want to pump money into the server to the point where

we see supercars on every corner of every streets. Let's take lawn mowing and trucking for example. Usually you make about 20$ per lawn you mow once you fully

completed the mission and it takes about 10-15 minutes per lawn. So let's say you manage to make a net income of 120$ per hour lawn mowing. Meaning if all

you do on the server is mow lawns and you play on average 3 hours per day you'll be able to afford a scooter in about a month and a half of play.... I'm really

struggling to understand the logic of this. Trucking makes very ever so slightly more money per run, and garbage is also very low. 

This doesn't seem to make much sense. I understand the reasoning of having low income and how it'll promote illegal role-play, so that selling drugs will be lucrative but

if you want to promote role-play we're gonna need a bigger income otherwise it's never going to work. If you can't own a basic car in less than 10 hours or something like that.

It's always hard to balance the economy and I understand the careful approach but I don't think that this is the right approach. And while I know we only really have one shot at

tuning an economy system this will make players go away once release if it's not changed. Maybe it's setup this way to avoid donators to endlessly grind (which is fine) but

personally if a player has to spend over 200 hours to own the very basic entry model of a car it'll turn them off pretty quickly.

In conclusion, the economy needs a drastic change to make it at least playable since right not in it's current state it's unplayable and I haven't seen a single player owning a

vehicle since pre-release... I'm not here to propose any number changes since I don't know jack about economy other than maxing out my 401k every year. I just hope

this economy is adjusted before the 16th otherwise it'll be a massive complaint and will result in players leaving the server.

• Thumbs 1

• Management

The whole idea is to have the econemy as realistic as possible so what someone earns is what’s in the server right now (some of these missions are being changed and buffed to test and experiment) when it comes to the economy the whole plan was for players not to own their own vehicles or houses straight off the back that’s why there’s the finance system in place to give you the options to pay for the vehicle monthly rather than in a lump sum to have a realistic economy. 

3 hours ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

First off, I'm not pointing fingers to anyone but right now the economy is really awful.

So my thoughts after playing for a bit is that it's just way too low. Now I understand management doesn't want to pump money into the server to the point where

we see supercars on every corner of every streets. Let's take lawn mowing and trucking for example. Usually you make about 20$ per lawn you mow once you fully

completed the mission and it takes about 10-15 minutes per lawn. So let's say you manage to make a net income of 120$ per hour lawn mowing. Meaning if all

you do on the server is mow lawns and you play on average 3 hours per day you'll be able to afford a scooter in about a month and a half of play.... I'm really

struggling to understand the logic of this. Trucking makes very ever so slightly more money per run, and garbage is also very low. 

This doesn't seem to make much sense. I understand the reasoning of having low income and how it'll promote illegal role-play, so that selling drugs will be lucrative but

if you want to promote role-play we're gonna need a bigger income otherwise it's never going to work. If you can't own a basic car in less than 10 hours or something like that.

It's always hard to balance the economy and I understand the careful approach but I don't think that this is the right approach. And while I know we only really have one shot at

tuning an economy system this will make players go away once release if it's not changed. Maybe it's setup this way to avoid donators to endlessly grind (which is fine) but

personally if a player has to spend over 200 hours to own the very basic entry model of a car it'll turn them off pretty quickly.

In conclusion, the economy needs a drastic change to make it at least playable since right not in it's current state it's unplayable and I haven't seen a single player owning a

vehicle since pre-release... I'm not here to propose any number changes since I don't know jack about economy other than maxing out my 401k every year. I just hope

this economy is adjusted before the 16th otherwise it'll be a massive complaint and will result in players leaving the server.

Tbh I don't think it's too bad. I mean I get it, but the goal is for a super realistic economy. I think your concern about the bike prices is fair but at the same time I think they didn't allow financing so that people wouldn't be speeding around on bikes they put a 3K down payment on and trolling. As far as job/hourly pay I've made about 17K in the past 2 days according to my financial report so it's definitely possible to make money. You just gotta put your mind to it and grind. 

AiIwrqu.png

• Bigsmoke 2

31 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Tbh I don't think it's too bad. I mean I get it, but the goal is for a super realistic economy. I think your concern about the bike prices is fair but at the same time I think they didn't allow financing so that people wouldn't be speeding around on bikes they put a 3K down payment on and trolling. As far as job/hourly pay I've made about 17K in the past 2 days according to my financial report so it's definitely possible to make money. You just gotta put your mind to it and grind. 

AiIwrqu.png

And I would imagine that your income comes from a faction pay? I don't see how someone with the current options could make 17,000$. With the current rates I'd be highly surprised you grinded that with the current jobs.

13 minutes ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

And I would imagine that your income comes from a faction pay? I don't see how someone with the current options could make 17,000$. With the current rates I'd be highly surprised you grinded that with the current jobs.

No. Faction pay is only 185 and it wasn't set until a few hours ago. I only received 7 faction paychecks.

7 minutes ago, trashstar said:

then how did you make 17k lol? that's way above what most people have

Grinding bro. Just going in-game and roleplaying. This is purely from the social security checks you receive every hour and a couple side jobs.

Just now, Jerome said:

Grinding bro. Just going in-game and roleplaying. This is purely from the social security checks you receive every hour and a couple side jobs.

i have 26 hours and most of them are spent trucking and ive only got 10k. like i said your money is way above the norm, even for grinders, so you've obviously found a niche method not many others are doing

14 minutes ago, trashstar said:

i have 26 hours and most of them are spent trucking and ive only got 10k. like i said your money is way above the norm, even for grinders, so you've obviously found a niche method not many others are doing

Well he's played around 40 around since he's level 4, so the math checks out. I still feel like it's still too low for most people. I know they want most people to lease their cars and have monthly payments. But I hope that if that's the case the system is flexible and depending on how many hours you play the amount you owe monthly adjusts. And then add a mortgage on top of it if you want a property and eventually taxes? Money even how inflated it was on the old ls-rp it wasn't really dictating anything role-play wise, but right now it feels like if you are a factory worker in the early days of the industrial era. You earn pennies and everything is over-inflated. 

4 minutes ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

Well he's played around 40 around since he's level 4, so the math checks out. I still feel like it's still too low for most people. I know they want most people to lease their cars and have monthly payments. But I hope that if that's the case the system is flexible and depending on how many hours you play the amount you owe monthly adjusts. And then add a mortgage on top of it if you want a property and eventually taxes? Money even how inflated it was on the old ls-rp it wasn't really dictating anything role-play wise, but right now it feels like if you are a factory worker in the early days of the industrial era. You earn pennies and everything is over-inflated. 

yeah i agree the financing system doesnt do its job just yet. i would suggest making down payments a lot cheaper, and extending the max finance time from 12 months to 16, or 24 months

i think it would be fair to own a car after 24 months of financing on a 3-5% down payment. this would make vehicles financially accessible to way more people

Edited by trashstar
  • Thumbs 2

5 minutes ago, trashstar said:

yeah i agree the financing system doesnt do its job just yet. i would suggest making down payments a lot cheaper, and extending the max finance time from 12 months to 16, or 24 months

i think it would be fair to own a car after 24 months of financing on a 3-5% down payment. this would make vehicles financially accessible to way more people

At the end of the day it's a game, and inflation will happen regardless, and doesn't matter if you earn 10$ 100$ or 1000$ an hour. Vehicles needs to be made relatively affordable and easily available quickly so you don't have to walk around forever. Make supercars expensive, I don't really care. But people need a vehicle to get around and role-play. The fact that loans exists is really cool. But I would have an option for people to adjust the loan duration and frequency especially if you don't play 40 hours a week.

• Management
19 minutes ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

At the end of the day it's a game, and inflation will happen regardless, and doesn't matter if you earn 10$ 100$ or 1000$ an hour. Vehicles needs to be made relatively affordable and easily available quickly so you don't have to walk around forever. Make supercars expensive, I don't really care. But people need a vehicle to get around and role-play. The fact that loans exists is really cool. But I would have an option for people to adjust the loan duration and frequency especially if you don't play 40 hours a week.

Vehicle Finance System is in place for this. So you don't have to walk around everywhere. If your character cannot afford a expensive car with a expensive monthly cost - go for the cheaper option for realism purposes.

Edited by Dos Santos

9 minutes ago, Dos Santos said:

Vehicle Finance System is in place for this. So you don't have to walk around everywhere. If your character cannot afford a expensive car with a expensive monthly cost - go for the cheaper option for realism purposes.

Sure, I get that but then vehicle prices needs to be adjusted as they are all over the place right now.  And look let's say the salary goes x10 and instead of making 100$ an hour you make 1000$. It would still take a real grinder like 200-300 hours for that person to get one of the most expansive vehicle on the server. I don't grind, never have never will because I don't play the game for virtual assets, but if I want to own a 4x4 pickup for my character because I play on the county and I can't afford a basic truck even after 20 hours+ And that I play 10 hours a week where if I don't  grind for money I'll lose my vehicle because of a loan. It seems limiting, this is a game not real life 2.0. Those are just my thoughts.

• Management
Just now, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

Sure, I get that but then vehicle prices needs to be adjusted as they are all over the place right now.  And look let's say the salary goes x10 and instead of making 100$ an hour you make 1000$. It would still take a real grinder like 200-300 hours for that person to get one of the most expansive vehicle on the server. I don't grind, never have never will because I don't play the game for virtual assets, but if I want to own a 4x4 pickup for my character because I play on the county and I can't afford a basic truck even after 20 hours+ And that I play 10 hours a week where if I don't  grind for money I'll lose my vehicle because of a loan. It seems limiting, this is a game not real life 2.0. Those are just my thoughts.

Vehicle prices are being worked on right now. The vehicle prices are going to be imitating in-real life prices for vehicles at the moment in California. 

I agree with this thread. 

There's a difference between realism and a system that is fun and works on an rp server. If we want realism let's remove all the benefits rp servers have. If your character dies it will be an automated CK. Got injured or shot? Let's charge the player 250k and have it be in debt for eternity.

It just doesn't work.

Last night during the community the following was said: 

"We don't want to make it feel like you have to grind 7 hours to afford a basic car"

"We want the economy to be as realistic as possible"

First of all, there IS no economy right now. People literally have to grind 7 hours to be able to afford rent. This is supposed to be an rp server but I fail to find the rp aspect in having to grind a scripted job. It literally pays more to just afk somewhere and farm the hourly benefit paychecks.

New players should be provided with some basic assets so that they're able to start RPing. 5k should be a fair enough start for rent and a down payment for a car or to be able to rent a car for some time. 

Last night it was also mentioned that the scripted jobs will be busy and overloaded during the first weeks of the server's opening. The reaction for that was that players will just "have to wait longer to be able to do a scripted job". Where is the fun in that and I really fail to see where the support for new players is coming from. It just doesn't motivate new players from sticking araround. Theres no rp to be found if we are forced to just grind a scripted job. 

• Clap 2
  • Thumbs 1