First Impressions

Mmartin

I think the server is doing very well at the moment and I am very much enjoying it.

I do however fear that were heading in a direction that is TOO realistic.

I agree and love the idea of having realism. However we need to keep in mind that this is still a game, and it needs to be a happy medium between fun and realism.

• Love 1

I think the main thing to be focused on right now is stabilizing the server. I know there are lots of people who want to play the server, but aren't able to do so consistently because of the connection issues with joining on RageMP. Usually, I gotta connect upwards of 10 times just to get to the log-in screen, and after a while I sometimes just decide to play another game for the day and hope for better luck tomorrow. Once people can join the server easy I think we're gonna be doing a lot better. 

Much love to the staff and devs ofc. No server is ever close to perfect when it first releases and I hope the bugs can get worked out asap. 

Edited by TheTed
  • Thumbs 1

26 minutes ago, TheTed said:

I think the main thing to be focused on right now is stabilizing the server. I know there are lots of people who want to play the server, but aren't able to do so consistently because of the connection issues with joining on RageMP. Usually, I gotta connect upwards of 10 times just to get to the log-in screen, and after a while I sometimes just decide to play another game for the day and hope for better luck tomorrow. Once people can join the server easy I think we're gonna be doing a lot better. 

Much love to the staff and devs ofc. No server is ever close to perfect when it first releases and I hope the bugs can get worked out asap. 

This. 

Also an important key feature is I want to feel like I'm playing something different, unique, new. I want to feel like I'm playing LSRP.

LSRP was great on SAMP because well...you can tell it was LSRP. It wasn't like RCRP, PRRP etc etc. It was LSRP!

Within time I think this vibe will come forward. 

• CJ 1

21 21 21

The most important thing for the longevity of the server (to me, at least) will be how fast people’s issues with it are addressed, and how fast big suggestions and updates are implemented. Say what you will about the other server, I spent years there and one issue I never had with it was their dedication to implementing player feedback and the daily updates that would fix issues and add features. 

It kind of feels like everyone is just grinding for cash at the moment and not really roleplaying, I think the economy needs a little bit of an overhaul to stop the game from becoming a, work just to barely make ends meet sim.

I think once the server connection issues are fixed the server will really start to feel more alive. I know a lot of friends and factions are quite disjointed at the moment because half of them can’t get in game. 

The following changes would be great though! :

Link levels to UCP, not character. (Would need to link starter paychecks to hours played on character)

Don’t require character application for subsequent characters after the first has been accepted. 

Create a “spawn at last location” option. It’s mad frustrating crashing then spawning back at your spawn point. 

Unlock /f chat. 

Allow face customisation in game without needing to reset appearance on the UCP. Important for gang roleplay when players age up.

Hotkeys for /lock /engine /enter and /buy.

Completely remove the theory test from the driver’s license exam, or at least make all retries free. Right now it’s kinda a fucked up mess of IC and OOC laws that contradict each other and plenty of people have wasted all their money trying to pass it. It’s quite literally turning some players away from the server and doesn’t really serve a purpose. 

• Clap 2
  • Thumbs 2

Some things are a little bit confusing or haven't been extensively toyed with, which is fine. I believe that the things I'll list below are no more than teething, growing pains for the server that every community has to experience in some shape or form.

• Lack of things to do.

Currently, most players are focused on getting a head-start by grinding out script jobs. Be it trucking, mowing lawns or trash collection. This means that roleplay happens scarcely and it's not a whole lot more than just a fleeting interaction between two strangers and it's mostly just a short breather from the next script job. There aren't any businesses around, nor are there any meaningful ways to interact with people without going to the script job spot and trying to start up a conversation with people who are watching a Netflix show on their second monitor and are barely paying any attention to the game because they're doing a repetitive task on autopilot. Maybe this is a differential due to me playing at some wacky/strange times, but I feel like I find myself wandering around a lot.

• Textbox/chat limit.

The current iteration of the chat is very restrictive and limited. It's around 140 characters, I believe. 250 characters would be a lot better, but if that's too much of an ask, 200. Maybe it's just a me problem, but the current chat limit is insufficient for my basic dialogue and it looks very ugly when I have to chop it up into three pieces. Ideally, we'd have it going for a lot more than that, and if people spamming it are a concern (trolls will do this once in a while), they can be reported since I don't see this being spammed and going unpunished, it's kind of effortless to regulate if an issue crops up. You either did spam it or you didn't. If advertisements and other global channels are a concern (which they should be), then those can keep the current limit or have a reduced character input limit for brevity.

• Taxi & /acceptride

As it stands, when you want to drive people around in a taxi, you do /acceptride. That is all fine and well, but the issues with this are that if you tab out for minute to check something, or just leave your computer for an unfortunate second, you will miss the ride request, and you have no way to check if there's any outstanding fares. A command like /listrides (that lists the 5-10 last rides, or opens up a scrollable menu) would amend these issues, as well as having /acceptride print different text. Instead of just a popup saying "Invalid Ride ID - Most likely accepted by someone else.", it should print something like so:

Ride Accepted for when you accept a valid and outstanding fare,

Invalid Ride ID for when you accept a ride that does not exist. (e.g. /acceptride 89, but the last made ride is ID 73)

Invalid Ride ID, fare completed for when you accept a ride that another driver is handling or has handled in the past.

This would bring a lot of clarity to taxi stuff and would be a tremendous quality of life addition. It'd also be nice if the rides appeared in chat as opposed to a popup by the minimap, or an option to choose between the two would be really, really nice.

Also, the wiki has nothing about taxis at all, same goes for trucking, which is probably one of the more popular jobs on the server at the moment.

• Logging out and spawning.

It has been mentioned before, but logging out (and logging back in) should give you a prompt that lets you spawn on your last location. Upon connection loss, the server should log the player's XYZ position and the dimension respectively, and if they choose to respawn, put them back in there. If they do this in an interior and getting people to spawn in those is finicky, could put them at the interior entrance.

• Faction recruitment.

The server had just started, yes, but this ties into the lack of things to do. Some players like myself simply don't see them grinding out a script job. While yes, I do taxi people around, I focus on the chatter during the ride as opposed to slamming out thirty fares a second, hopefully providing people with some passive roleplay on their way to the next grinding spot. I just don't want to do a script job, I just want to tell an interesting story. I think factions are a great way to do so, and while they're around, it seems like none of them are recruiting and have no indication as to when they will start.

Here's a comprehensive list of legal faction recruitment timetables with their sources.

LSPD - Closed/TBA ( https://police.lsgov.us/viewforum.php?f=391 )

LSSD - Closed/TBA ( https://sheriff.lsgov.us/viewforum.php?f=233 )

LSFD - Closed/TBA ( https://fire.lsgov.us/viewforum.php?f=41 )

City - Mixed ( https://forum.lsgov.us/viewforum.php?f=6 ) - It seems how there's some recruitment going, but the focus appears to be Public Works & Traffic Officers, with other positions such as Social Services, Office of Finances, Licensing Bureau, Medical Examiners, Port Authority and Public Health have no information available at the present.

I think that players would have a lot more incentive to roleplay with their faction-mates if given the chance, but there's really a lack of things to get into as a new player that aren't mindless grinding or wandering around.

I hope this helps even a little bit and I look forward to seeing what's in store!

• Love 2

On 6/19/2023 at 9:23 AM, spectralevergaol said:
  • Faction recruitment.

The server had just started, yes, but this ties into the lack of things to do. Some players like myself simply don't see them grinding out a script job. While yes, I do taxi people around, I focus on the chatter during the ride as opposed to slamming out thirty fares a second, hopefully providing people with some passive roleplay on their way to the next grinding spot. I just don't want to do a script job, I just want to tell an interesting story. I think factions are a great way to do so, and while they're around, it seems like none of them are recruiting and have no indication as to when they will start.

Here's a comprehensive list of legal faction recruitment timetables with their sources.

LSPD - Closed/TBA ( https://police.lsgov.us/viewforum.php?f=391 )

LSSD - Closed/TBA ( https://sheriff.lsgov.us/viewforum.php?f=233 )

LSFD - Closed/TBA ( https://fire.lsgov.us/viewforum.php?f=41 )

City - Mixed ( https://forum.lsgov.us/viewforum.php?f=6 ) - It seems how there's some recruitment going, but the focus appears to be Public Works & Traffic Officers, with other positions such as Social Services, Office of Finances, Licensing Bureau, Medical Examiners, Port Authority and Public Health have no information available at the present.

I think that players would have a lot more incentive to roleplay with their faction-mates if given the chance, but there's really a lack of things to get into as a new player that aren't mindless grinding or wandering around.

I hope this helps even a little bit and I look forward to seeing what's in store!

With this part, I believe it's because these factions had their roster squared away 9 months ago at the least, going back a year or two perhaps, so there's not much need for new players right at the start. While I can definitely get wanting a proper supervisory team with all the rules, handbooks for each unit, etc all written out far in advance so they're ready to just go for it at launch, it does suck that new players aren't able to chase those opportunities because the PD, for instance, already filled up a roster of 120-ish long before a launch date was even given.

That said though I saw a posting earlier today that FD was opening soon, so it's not like they'll all just be closed forever.

• Love 1

I like the hardcore economy personally, it means something when you see a luxurious car. Like either this person grinded 80 hrs trucking or this person knows something I don't. 

Yes the trucking and mowing jobs suck but it's an entry level job, and I don't feel like the paychecks should be buffed, instead the community should find ways to take advantage of each other and have that rag to riches mentality - illegal or legally. 

• Thumbs 1

I feel like memorising millions of commands is outdated and anti user friendly and won’t hold retention of anyone new or returning or coming from other servers. A main menu/hub heirarchy of sorts where you can see and access everything would be nice. Is there a tutorial planned?

• CJ 1
  • Thumbs 1

2 hours ago, Joey_Cortez said:

I feel like memorising millions of commands is outdated and anti user friendly and won’t hold retention of anyone new or returning or coming from other servers. A main menu/hub heirarchy of sorts where you can see and access everything would be nice. Is there a tutorial planned?

Yeah, a GUI to navigate through 5 steps in just to unlock your house is much easier.

There's literally /engine /lock /outfits /rollwindow and that's kind of it.

The script is minimalistic asf, wym millions of commands?

• Thumbs 1

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

15 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Yeah, a GUI to navigate through 5 steps in just to unlock your house is much easier.

There's literally /engine /lock /outfits /rollwindow and that's kind of it.

The script is minimalistic asf, wym millions of commands?

Lock and all the common ones should be binds by default like other servers. 

Tried, played for ~40 minutes, exploring, trying to do basic stuff and find where things are/what commands were and did what, then logged out and haven't been back on since.

I don't have time to spend...

On 6/19/2023 at 6:03 PM, PappaSenpai said:

"over 12 hours already working for a whopping 5/7k money"

Unlike I did when I was 13-20 when I played LS:RP originally... this has put me off playing to be honest. I wanted a server I could drop in for a few hours a week and enjoy it without having to hardcore grind to be able to have a bit of fun elsewhere.