What would bring you back into LSRP?

JesterJr

To follow up - let's remove the level three (3) limitation on being able to equip weapons, shall we? I believe it's absolutely unnecessary and it plays a key role in illegal roleplay demotivation of starting a new character. I know you're gonna say "Make 'em earn it!" but why should we make anyone earn anything? Everything should be laid out and the roleplayer should be able to express themselves in any way they deem fit. If it crosses the line and becomes rule breaking, they'll be reprimanded for their actions. Simple. 

Please implement bi-weekly updates! We need constant updates, even if it's little things - or nothing at all. We need to know what the development team is working on and what's being done. Fourteen (14) days is an adequate time period for shit to get done and I'm certain that players would be more motivated if they had the opportunity to see frequent updates on what's going on. You, as management, shouldn't be immediately trying to live up to high expectations. 

Promoting the server would do wonders - on any social media. This should be put as a number one priority and a trailer would be awesome. If the team needs any help creating it, I'm sure the player-base would be more than happy to participate; both the illegal and legal side of roleplay.  

Thirdly, there are no additional features that premium could have that it doesn't already so that people would be hooked onto buying it. The only thing I can think of is receiving a bundle of three (3) name-changes in it and one (1) custom license plate and custom number across all of your characters. This would make premium worth it and there would be more people buying this so that they can receive these benefits in bulk - rather than paying for it individually each and every single time. 

• Thumbs 1
  • Strong 1

31 minutes ago, livid said:

To follow up - let's remove the level three (3) limitation on being able to equip weapons, shall we? I believe it's absolutely unnecessary and it plays a key role in illegal roleplay demotivation of starting a new character. I know you're gonna say "Make 'em earn it!" but why should we make anyone earn anything? Everything should be laid out and the roleplayer should be able to express themselves in any way they deem fit. If it crosses the line and becomes rule breaking, they'll be reprimanded for their actions. Simple. 

I believe this is across accounts not per character. To keep newbies from joining and immediately be DMers which we did have a problem with for a short bit.

31 minutes ago, livid said:

Promoting the server would do wonders - on any social media. This should be put as a number one priority and a trailer would be awesome. If the team needs any help creating it, I'm sure the player-base would be more than happy to participate; both the illegal and legal side of roleplay.  

Trailer is being worked on, and comms team is open to non-staff 🙂

32 minutes ago, livid said:

Thirdly, there are no additional features that premium could have that it doesn't already so that people would be hooked onto buying it. The only thing I can think of is receiving a bundle of three (3) name-changes in it and one (1) custom license plate and custom number across all of your characters. This would make premium worth it and there would be more people buying this so that they can receive these benefits in bulk - rather than paying for it individually each and every single time. 

I definitely agree that premium could be reworked. That's why it was included in the December survey

On 12/21/2023 at 8:36 AM, livid said:
On 12/21/2023 at 8:36 AM, livid said:

Give illegal players the incentive to sell drugs, weapons, get in faction wars - even senseless ones (on a street gang level). Make sure they won't be punished for this or have to put in immense amounts of work so that they can obtain basic supplies to perform illegal actions (weapons, drugs, turf) - by going a bit softer on the application formats and, while not necessarily lowering the standards; but simply making it easier to get into situations with people on the whole spectrum of roleplay.

Law enforcement roleplay is as solid as it can be, even though there are some inactivity concerns; I'm sure this will be resolved once illegal roleplayers start actively partaking in server activities, whether that be In Game or on the Forums (since we all know; if the amount of people chatting shit on Discord actually decided to hop In Game, we'd be breaking PB records).

There are many venues of roleplay that should be promoted and supported. @Deceive has been doing an excellent job with the Events Team and has been going out of his way to contribute all the necessary efforts to give players more reason to log In Game, so I have to give credit where credit is due. We need to realize that this server can only be run if the people want a server to roleplay on. People shouldn't be shying away from joining the server because they've already got assets on other roleplay servers and can't bother to start "all over again" on this server - which is why we should be rewarding players on the whole spectrum of roleplay with the tools necessary to carry out roleplay.

Business leases should be more accessible and less strict on the managing part; at some point I'm sure we've all hopped In Game at least once, roamed around when there's a "solid" amount of players online and were not able to find anyone In Game; and have thought to yourself "God, I wish there was an open business where people could just come and I'd know where to find people to roleplay with". As far as I'm concerned (this is a stretch, I admit) - literally just have a motivated member reach out to the upper administration team and have them set a spawn point and a default interior at a certain location and have them lead it as a business.

The interiors and businesses don't need to be mind-blowing or anything special, as far as I'm concerned it can be "Joe's Bar" in the middle of Downtown Los Santos and have people of all backgrounds roam that area (sort of like a renowned mixture of Verona Mall and Idlestacks), and then when people feel like playing; they at least know where to go if they want immediate roleplay. We all complained about mallrats and idlerats, but, I would be more than happy to have the opportunity to interact with those and wish they'd return, so that we could maximize the amount of players online.

Make ricers a thing. Vehicle modifications should be promoted way more and people should be given the freelance opportunity to pop modifications on their vehicles without the need of a mechanic through a similar thing as the solo scheme, where you could roleplay a certain task (such as purchasing and installing new rims), and then be able to forward your roleplay to a certain team that would then review the roleplay at hand and grant you the necessary modifications if they deem the roleplay to be fit. This would help promote people researching and finding out how certain things they want done actually work and it is a useful feature for real life situations as well. (Keep in mind, I used vehicle modifications as an example here - this can vary from small weed plants, to cooking meth, and whatever other thing your character would be able to carry out on any level of roleplay).

In order to fully execute the aforementioned idea, solo schemes should NOT be restricted to factions. Regular solo roleplayers or any faction member at any given time would be able to submit their roleplay logs to a certain team which would then review and grant the player the item/modification they spent time roleplaying/researching on. We need more freedom and less admin intervention in many of the current present tasks on the server. 

Make robbing houses a command and have many of these rentable properties actually become purchasable properties that you would pay tax for (replacing the weekly rent idea) and create the option of purchasing different levels of house alarms so that law enforcement would be notified and be able to intervene. 

Make it so that you cannot /v park vehicles and they disappear into thin air, but instead they'd be parked wherever you last left them - and this would promote people leaving their illegal supplies within houses, sheds, garages - which would in turn promote burglary roleplayers - which would in turn promote a motivated circle where law enforcement would also be able to intervene if the roleplay carried out wasn't careful enough. 

There are so many ideas to go off in order to promote player interaction and I'm sure the development team can take a deeper look into what I said and if they're in interested in anything that I mentioned earlier, they can reach out to me personally and I can create a suggestions thread where I would elaborate in much more detail and put a poll up. There needs to be a high risk high reward system implemented that doesn't involve admin intervention. 

Enjoy my little rant, tl;dr - Make LS-RP great again. Thank you. 

@livid perfectly summarized everything that needs to happen for the illegal side of things but I'll echo what was said...

- Go softer on the applications while not necessarily lowering the standards

Illegal roleplayers have no way of obtaining the basic items that we need (drugs/weapons) to create roleplay for ourselves and the community, unless we put in a MLA formatted essay explaining why our character would need said items, which would THEN grant us access to specific commands/script features. So of course the illegal roleplay scene will be stale when only a select few players have access to this, especially if they aren't active. I understand we don't want everyone to easily obtain weapons or hard drugs, and these items should be being distributed by gangs and such...but at the same time it should readily be available to players who want to engage in that type of RP. 

- Make it so you can't /v park, but instead they are parked wherever you last left them

Yes...creates oppurtunity for more breakins, which could lead to more engagement between LEOs and criminals.

Few things to add to the illegal side which some are already in the works...

House Robberies (being worked on)

ATM Hacking devices/skimmers 

As Livid stated, More freedom, player independency, and less admin intervention. Break rules or abuse anything given to you, be punished that simple 

On 12/21/2023 at 3:26 PM, livid said:

Everything should be laid out and the roleplayer should be able to express themselves in any way they deem fit. If it crosses the line and becomes rule breaking, they'll be reprimanded for their actions. Simple. 

Edited by $piffy
  • Thumbs 2

@livid said it all - homie spitting facts!

Plus this

2 hours ago, The Streets Are Kalling said:

I think that they should get rid of the rules about levels, such as robbing and scamming. I personally believe that there shouldn't be a level limit when it comes to illegal roleplay, but that's simply my opinion regarding it.

Focus more on illegal side of the RP more, make it easy to set up a faction.

Nerf the LEO - they're so over powered with their unlimited ammo and ganging up on a single suspect.

Take staff reports more seriously, alot of staff get away with alot of things here.

Apart of this, LSRP will picks up new players, and old players already shown interest in returning to the server if most of these issues get addressed properly.

Besides that, do more community meetings, i know IRL can be hold alot of people, but maybe 30mins a week is doable for everyone.

Before i end this comment, i want to dedicate a special thanks to the Devs team, and the staff of still hops IG and on discord to assist.

• Love 1

My buddies and I were dedicated members who would create tons of RP for the community, both on the legal/illegal sides, and I felt like I only heard from staff members whenever we were in trouble. If we presented an idea or asked for something (realistic requests) that would enhance the RP experience for the community then we would simply get ignored 10 out of 10 times. Unless the staff member was a personal friend. I would like to think that I was one of the more creative members who had only one goal in mind, to create more RP for others, and some of my ideas were cool af but they were all ignored or shut down. This resulted with us roleplaying in our own little corner of the server.

So yeah. I would like to see some cooperation from staff when it comes to factions/businesses rather than working against them. In my honest opinion, they should be top priority seeing as they are the ones who bring the actual RP and scenarios to the server and its members.

• Thumbs 1

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid said:

My buddies and I were dedicated members who would create tons of RP for the community, both on the legal/illegal sides, and I felt like I only heard from staff members whenever we were in trouble. If we presented an idea or asked for something (realistic requests) that would enhance the RP experience for the community then we would simply get ignored 10 out of 10 times. Unless the staff member was a personal friend. I would like to think that I was one of the more creative members who had only one goal in mind, to create more RP for others, and some of my ideas were cool af but they were all ignored or shut down. This resulted with us roleplaying in our own little corner of the server.

So yeah. I would like to see some cooperation from staff when it comes to factions/businesses rather than working against them. In my honest opinion, they should be top priority seeing as they are the ones who bring the actual RP and scenarios to the server and its members.

Can you give some examples of things needed from staff?

Cooperation, Sparkles.

Let me ask you this, do we still get banned if we speak up against admins? Can we talk freely these days?

I stayed so loyal to this server because this is where I learned to RP but I went inactive around 3 years ago and moved on, mainly because of unqualified staff and all the massive egos.

• Clap 1

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid said:

Cooperation, Sparkles.

Let me ask you this, do we still get banned if we speak up against admins? Can we talk freely these days?

I stayed so loyal to this server because this is where I learned to RP but I went inactive around 3 years ago and moved on, mainly because of unqualified staff and all the massive egos.

I don't think in the years I've been playing LSRP, I've ever heard of someone getting banned for speaking against admins. As for the cooperation, cooperation in what area? 

On 12/21/2023 at 12:53 PM, memooh said:

I would like to know what heads of “departments” actually do.

there is barely any communication, marketing, roadmap, incentives etc etc.

Dude what the heck man did you miss my illegal update

https://community.ls-rp.com/entry/93-illegal-faction-team-update/

• OK 1

Lead Admin Mitcholodolo

Illegal Faction Team Council

YouTube | Kick

Removing some of the admins/testers.
EDIT: The ones whom have an ego, and the ones w/ weird behavior.

On 12/22/2023 at 4:19 PM, izumi said:

I don't think in the years I've been playing LSRP, I've ever heard of someone getting banned for speaking against admins. As for the cooperation, cooperation in what area? 

Not saying it's right or wrong but a guy accused Mmartin of doing something weird. It was insensitive and inappropriate but I believe that player whom said said allegation against Mmartin is indefinitely banned.

On 12/21/2023 at 8:52 PM, Cursed_King said:

Focus more on illegal side of the RP more, make it easy to set up a faction.

I don't think it should be easy, but there should be ALOT more RP/commands/scripts geared towards illegal RPers as there was more illegal RPers then LEO. LEO pretty much got their shit polished but missing stuff.
I say don't make it easy b/c we had DM factions that would do stupid traffic shit and escalate a citation/ticket into a whole shooting. Yea it's fun sometimes, but when it's a 5/7 day shit it's annoying.

Nerf the LEO - they're so over powered with their unlimited ammo and ganging up on a single suspect.

I think LEO ammo was suppose to be changed? I mean. It's not going to make a difference. Criminals can carry 250. Cops can just replenish ammo at the station or at the trunk of their patrol vehicle. I've never seen a criminal shoot over 30 bullets and not die unless it was an automatic.

Take staff reports more seriously, alot of staff get away with alot of things here.

I agree with this. I got DMed by a tester in game. Admins pretty told me to eat a dick in a polite way and to take it to the forums even though it was blatant DM. I took it to a staff report, they read it and didn't watch the clips. It's been nearly a month and not a single PM has been sent.
I kill one person and I'm labeled as a DMer and got harassed in my PM by an admin for 30 minutes. No hard feelings though, I could care less.

On 12/21/2023 at 6:47 PM, The Streets Are Kalling said:

I think that they should get rid of the rules about levels, such as robbing and scamming. I personally believe that there shouldn't be a level limit when it comes to illegal roleplay, but that's simply my opinion regarding it.

I think they should lower it. If you don't got common sense and can't avoid being robbed/scammed past level 2-3 which is a good amount of hours natural selection will get you!

On 12/21/2023 at 6:34 PM, $piffy said:

- Make it so you can't /v park, but instead they are parked wherever you last left them

Yes...creates oppurtunity for more breakins, which could lead to more engagement between LEOs and criminals.

Imagine the server pop. When it's high, cars left and right. Uncalled-for. /v park is needed. To avoid people stockpiling and having stash vehicles force people to HAVE to stash inside a house, so the guns can circulate, when the house/property is robbed, through the server instead of people stockpiling - we're humans after all it's natural for us to resource guard which will happen. Happened on SAMP with people being stingy. Script more apartment complexes and allow people to go on LOA or be low on activity w/o losing their property filled with their guns.

Edited by Scheming

36 minutes ago, Scheming said:

Removing some of the admins/testers.
EDIT: The ones whom have an ego, and the ones w/ weird behavior.

Not saying it's right or wrong but a guy accused Mmartin of doing something weird. It was insensitive and inappropriate but I believe that player whom said said allegation against Mmartin is indefinitely banned.

I don't think it should be easy, but there should be ALOT more RP/commands/scripts geared towards illegal RPers as there was more illegal RPers then LEO. LEO pretty much got their shit polished but missing stuff.
I say don't make it easy b/c we had DM factions that would do stupid traffic shit and escalate a citation/ticket into a whole shooting. Yea it's fun sometimes, but when it's a 5/7 day shit it's annoying.

I think LEO ammo was suppose to be changed? I mean. It's not going to make a difference. Criminals can carry 250. Cops can just replenish ammo at the station or at the trunk of their patrol vehicle. I've never seen a criminal shoot over 30 bullets and not die unless it was an automatic.

I agree with this. I got DMed by a tester in game. Admins pretty told me to eat a dick in a polite way and to take it to the forums even though it was blatant DM. I took it to a staff report, they read it and didn't watch the clips. It's been nearly a month and not a single PM has been sent.
I kill one person and I'm labeled as a DMer and got harassed in my PM by an admin for 30 minutes. No hard feelings though, I could care less.

I think they should lower it. If you don't got common sense and can't avoid being robbed/scammed past level 2-3 which is a good amount of hours natural selection will get you!

Imagine the server pop. When it's high, cars left and right. Uncalled-for. /v park is needed. To avoid people stockpiling and having stash vehicles force people to HAVE to stash inside a house, so the guns can circulate, when the house/property is robbed, through the server instead of people stockpiling - we're humans after all it's natural for us to resource guard which will happen. Happened on SAMP with people being stingy. Script more apartment complexes and allow people to go on LOA or be low on activity w/o losing their property filled with their guns.

What was MMartin accused, who's the player and what did they get banned for? I'm genuinely curious because I've been on the community since 2015. and haven't heard about that.

I certainly think it should be made easy; coupled with the implementation of commands and scripts. These things cannot happen 24/7 (5/7?) because the players would get warned after the first situation, admin jailed after the second, and banned after the third (order depending on severity) - which in turn also helps the staff members have something to do since I believe they haven't had the opportunity to fully conduct their staff duties due to the player-base drop.

Yes, changing the amount of bullets for LEO won't change anything for the reasons mentioned. 

If you've been unfairly killed by a staff member and no action has been taken against them, you are more than within your rights to post a topic about this and let the community know about the incident. It's something that many people, including myself, would opt for if they deem so strongly that the reasons were unjust and that this deserves repercussions.

I don't understand the "server pop" part and the entire sequence that follows afterward. "/v park is needed" - then you follow it up with statements that only prove that /v park is not needed. Your guns and drugs don't magically disappear in real life on command and instead they can be found at any given physical location irrelevant of whether you're In Game or not. If you don't want them stolen, then hide them better. 

Edited by livid