New RP Hub (Idlewood stack 2.0)

Cursed_King

On 9/22/2023 at 12:50 AM, Gazura said:

social media isn't going to do anything but cause people to be social media players and nothing else

this has already been proven false with previous iterations of social media

no social media actually prevents people logging from ig as they dont want to drive around in a desolate city all day searching for rp. its easier to find people to rp with and then go ig 

Edited by trashstar

On 9/21/2023 at 10:35 AM, Dos Santos said:

I'm mainly thinking a hub that's going to attract roleplay for factions and civilian roleplay, something along the lines of a library, there's a burgershot sorta joint that we could have up there. Clothing shop, internet cafe's etc. Mainly some NPC sort of businesses that don't require players to open it, but something that will open up roleplay for players. But there's also a few player owned companies in Mirror Park - so would definitely help to boost the roleplay around the area.

A job centre, explaining what jobs are available 🙂 

15 minutes ago, Sprinter said:

If you think that's how social media works, I feel bad for your social life

im trying to think of how it would apply to creating rp in game, not how it would work in real life - it's very different. insulting me isn't helping me explain anything at all. i am asking a genuine question and you are being very unhelpful.

regardless, this topic is about RP hubs and not about social media. if you would like to be a grown up about it and PM me how you feel social media might generate RP, i am more than willing to hear you out.

Edited by Gazura

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

As Above, So Below - KIEREN LEDBETTER

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png

27ca0f64b7.png

fe1c89c70f.png

0Bf0K91.png

vUa21sx.png

idk about ur social life but if i was to go onto my social media rn, i can easily see that ppl n businesses r known for setting up meet n greet spots, varying on ur interests and hobbies.
alot of businesses are known for being a chill spot, regardless of it being a casual work night or an actual organized event. in having social media, youre able to take out the literal metagaming going on this general discussion in terms of where you should all gather and hang out.  rp hubs should be set up IC n not through a general discussion board
if u feel like there's no way of doing that, make sure you use /ad ig if ur so desperate to stand around and rp in a circle
heres an example taken straight from my social media if u dnt have fb
04hdW9p.png

social media provides all types of rp and does get people ig. social media also includes everything else that it has irl. if you cant bare the "horny bunch of people posting semi-lewd pictures on the internet, or spammed with business ads", stay off it

Edited by Sprinter
barniez

32 minutes ago, Gazura said:

regardless, this topic is about RP hubs and not about social media. if you would like to be a grown up about it and PM me how you feel social media might generate RP, i am more than willing to hear you out.

its ok. we're discussing the rp hub problem and my solution is social media. if you'd like to discuss it and stop being insulted, that'd also work

9 minutes ago, Sprinter said:

its ok. we're discussing the rp hub problem and my solution is social media. if you'd like to discuss it and stop being insulted, that'd also work

social media is not an rp hub. "stop being insulted" is a very childish way to handle that. i dont FEEL insulted, youre just hurling insults at me lol. but i understand this is going nowhere, thanks to your petulancy.

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png

27ca0f64b7.png

fe1c89c70f.png

0Bf0K91.png

vUa21sx.png

The childish behaviour that has been roaming in couple recent posts stops here right now. Please, let's stay respectful to each other. Any unnecessary or childish comments starting from this post will get themselves forum warned.

If you can't have a good discussion or provide constructive criticism to the topic, then simply don't post please. This is a general discussion, not a general kindergarten.

spacer.png

uq91B3u.png

6 hours ago, Gazura said:

social media is not an rp hub. "stop being insulted" is a very childish way to handle that. i dont FEEL insulted, youre just hurling insults at me lol. but i understand this is going nowhere, thanks to your petulancy.

but it is. it takes one moment to look at gtaw and see all the events & businesses that have spawned from there being a social media site lol

mmartin himself knows this. he tested your hypothesis in like 2018 when he stopped hosting faceinvader after it shit the bed (under the assumption that more players would go ig) the reverse was shown though, people stopped going ig which is why he brought it back

social media enables easier interaction between civilians and gangs. it gives reasons to feud, meet up, create businesses and advertise events in an organic way. the other option to this is to drive around a large server with 20 players hoping you'll happenstance your way into rp which just isnt going to happen. people would rather hop on gtaw where they can get into rp instantly whenever they want

you need ways to facilitate rp and this is the easiest way of doing it

Edited by trashstar
  • Thumbs 1

4 hours ago, trashstar said:

but it is. it takes one moment to look at gtaw and see all the events & businesses that have spawned from there being a social media site lol

mmartin himself knows this. he tested your hypothesis in like 2018 when he stopped hosting faceinvader after it shit the bed (under the assumption that more players would go ig) the reverse was shown though, people stopped going ig which is why he brought it back

social media enables easier interaction between civilians and gangs. it gives reasons to feud, meet up, create businesses and advertise events in an organic way. the other option to this is to drive around a large server with 20 players hoping you'll happenstance your way into rp which just isnt going to happen. people would rather hop on gtaw where they can get into rp instantly whenever they want

you need ways to facilitate rp and this is the easiest way of doing it

Thank you

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png