Improvements to the Justice System, or How to Fix the Unrealistic Levels of Crime

Tungsten

33 minutes ago, Tseard1 said:

Would love to get a response from the legal faction team on this matter..

It’s quite astonishing that we’ve only had 2 criminal cases and one civil case, with a handful of warrants thus far since launch. 

I think most criminals are unaware that we have functional courts at all.

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

1 hour ago, Fiendfyre said:

Or they simply don't care. Or they just shoot their way out of even traffic stops. 

@Clown_Taxi had a decent idea of Player Kills being replaced with critical injury and hospitalization. I can't find the thread or post, but the gist is that if a person were to die in a police situation they could be sent to a prison hospital automatically instead of just respawning. That way either way - death by cop or otherwise - the result is imprisonment unless the person chooses to make that death a Character Kill. Since deaths outside of police situations would also be treated as critical injury instead of an actual death, this kind of system would need to be paired with a CK system so the cycle of revenge shootings can be broken by a character kill.

I would like if we could get some management opinions on that idea, because I think it would have the knock-on effect of solving a lot of the problems that plague the server.

• Thumbs 1