Firearm prices for long guns (Rifles, shotguns) and heavy pistols.

Look,  I can understand the reasoning for expansive pistols as they're the most used firearms out there and they can be easily concealed and can be ass-pulled.
But why in the world is a shotgun 7,000$ and 8,000$ for an M14 rifle? These prices makes no sense at all, I know you guys are trying to reduce the shootouts but at least those type of firearms that requires role-play to carry around should be lowered back to their original prices.  I'm not going to role-play going hunting if I can lose 8,000$ which is the totally of my bank account if someone follows and steals me. This is just ridiculous!!! And I'm also including revolvers as they're not used by many since they have a slow reload and low capacity (6 rounds). Which is why I feel heavy pistols (Desert Eagle and Massive Revolvers should be role-played before being pulled out and some might not be even able to be concealed) If you've ever shot a 44 mag or a desert eagle, there's no way in hell you can conceal a S&W 629 lmfao. As I said there's no logic in trying to conceal a massive pistol like a 44 mag or a desert eagle, for reference

Spoiler

magnum-research-desert-eagle-l6.jpg?cid=

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

These below needs to be adjusted back down to their original prices.

"Heavy Pistols"

• Malt Boa -375$
  • Ruby Goshawk -375$
  • H&L Bald Eagle -450$
  • Malt Single Action -350$

Shotguns

• Malt 1883 (Original price 480$)
  • Knight 500 (Original price 500$)
  • Moore 870 (Original price 600$)
  • Knight 590A1 (Original price 600$)
  • Moore 870G (Original price 620$)

Bolt-Action Rifles

• Springer 1861(Original price 900$)

Semi-Automatic Rifles

• Springer M1A1 (Original price 860$)
  • Futon P14 GBP (Original price 960$)
  • Ruby Mini-41 Tac (Original price 960$)

Put these prices back, as these firearms can be used for role-play and I haven't seen these really used in shootouts to be honest as no one walks the street with a 12 gauge or rifle on their backs. Also, heavy pistols shouldn't be able to be concealed.
Edited by 30PiecesOfSilver
  • Thumbs 1

prices should go back down and criminal penalty for reselling should go up. we have serial numbers, so it's easy to know which were sold by who. if someone is selling too many with the PF, and those are becoming gang guns, then the person should be OOC banned from the PF license system because it's highly unrealistic for someone to sell a ton of guns without attracting the attention of the ATF

• Thumbs 1

Prices should stay the same, a real life gun is an investment and not just a cheap purchase, unless you're getting a HiPoint.

These prices will keep people from completely disregarding their characters safety and financials, now you have to think twice and have a better plan if you want to use the gun for an illegal activity (which is 95% of its use) instead of just shooting somebody or somebody's turf up, losing the gun and not caring, because you can just buy another one for a measly $200.

The prices are good.

23 hours ago, Cursed_King said:

I agree, i think prices should go down like they used to be

BUT

More restrictions on PF licenses, more fees, raises level required to obtain a PF, and yes OOC punishment for the abusers, i would say BAN who resell them or who uses them to kill law enforcers

All of those things already exist, it doesn't work. 

1 hour ago, Wesson said:

Prices should stay the same, a real life gun is an investment and not just a cheap purchase, unless you're getting a HiPoint.

These prices will keep people from completely disregarding their characters safety and financials, now you have to think twice and have a better plan if you want to use the gun for an illegal activity (which is 95% of its use) instead of just shooting somebody or somebody's turf up, losing the gun and not caring, because you can just buy another one for a measly $200.

The prices are good.

They're not good, they just deter law abiding citizens for the right to own firearms if they want to use them for anything else other than a crime. That's why I believe these long guns should be brought back down, I don't care about the pistols. But a 870 shotgun isn't the price of a car IRL.

How is 7,000 bucks for a shotgun vs a 12,000 dollar car realistic? Like you go to cabelas or bass pro shop and I can walk out with 2-3 shotguns for under 1000$

Long guns aren't concealable and rarely used in shootouts. I haven't seen many shotgun or rifle murders on ls-rp so far.

2-3 shotguns under $1000? Not a chance, unless you're buying Caniks or HiPoints.

Long guns are concealable and are commonly used in shootouts. In fact, people rarely even roleplay the concealment of them.

The prices are good, if you want a good shotgun, invest in it and take care of it and abide by the fact that it can be taken from you.

Guns shouldn't be cheap and easily accessible.

Just now, Wesson said:

2-3 shotguns under $1000? Not a chance, unless you're buying Caniks or HiPoints.

Long guns are concealable and are commonly used in shootouts. In fact, people rarely even roleplay the concealment of them.

The prices are good, if you want a good shotgun, invest in it and take care of it and abide by the fact that it can be taken from you.

Guns shouldn't be cheap and easily accessible.

Bro, 7000$ Just means I cannot ever afford a shotgun or rifle to do outdoorsy role-play. And criminals robs every possible houses they can. And well, maybe not 2-3 shotguns but a mossberg 500 is like 400$ these days and that's a quality 12 gauge.

The problem is y'all allowed criminals in gangs to get a PF license in the first place and allowed them to sell PF guns without many consequences.  Guns are easily accessible in real life, go in a gun store, walk out with a pistol and a shotgun in less than 5 minutes. I don't know which world you live in where they shouldn't be accessible.

2 hours ago, Wesson said:

The prices are good.

Lemme guess you play as a cop?

And no, prices won't stay the same.

You mean to tell me a shotgun costs 7k is realistic? What are you on my dude?

Prices will eventually go down, I'm 100% sure of it.

Just now, Cursed_King said:

Lemme guess you play as a cop?

And no, prices won't stay the same.

You mean to tell me a shotgun costs 7k is realistic? What are you on my dude?

Prices will eventually go down, I'm 100% sure of it.

What's wrong with playing as a cop?

It's not about what's realistic, if we start the discussion of what's realistic or not, that's a whole different topic and conversation.

You can make that much money and for a reliable shotgun, it's not a bad investment. 

A shotgun costing that much makes sense, you shouldn't be able to buy a shotgun every time you need to kill somebody or use it in a faction war.

Shotguns nor rifles should be easily accessible and cheap. They are investments that last you for years, if you want to start comparing real life.

34 minutes ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

Bro, 7000$ Just means I cannot ever afford a shotgun or rifle to do outdoorsy role-play. And criminals robs every possible houses they can. And well, maybe not 2-3 shotguns but a mossberg 500 is like 400$ these days and that's a quality 12 gauge.

The problem is y'all allowed criminals in gangs to get a PF license in the first place and allowed them to sell PF guns without many consequences.  Guns are easily accessible in real life, go in a gun store, walk out with a pistol and a shotgun in less than 5 minutes. I don't know which world you live in where they shouldn't be accessible.

It's not about what's realistic, but what makes sense for the economy and the playerbase. If you want a cool tricked out reliable rifle, I want you to dish out a lot of money for it and I expect you to harbor it and take great care of it. 

You shouldn't be able to just buy a snazzy rifle or a shotgun every two days because you lost one the day before, you are supposed to invest in a good reliable gun, ammo, attachments and take care of it.

20 minutes ago, Wesson said:

What's wrong with playing as a cop?

It's not about what's realistic, if we start the discussion of what's realistic or not, that's a whole different topic and conversation.

You can make that much money and for a reliable shotgun, it's not a bad investment. 

A shotgun costing that much makes sense, you shouldn't be able to buy a shotgun every time you need to kill somebody or use it in a faction war.

Shotguns nor rifles should be easily accessible and cheap. They are investments that last you for years, if you want to start comparing real life.

Why in the world do you keep bringing the word "Investment".  We're currently in a server with realistic economy model, and these prices do not follow the whole point of having a realistic economy. Roze said he wanted a hard core type of money vs income. The average salary for most jobs is roughly 450$-500$ an hour, a shotgun or a rifle ISN'T an investment. 7000$ for a shotgun means you'll have to spend 15-20 hours to just afford a  shotgun/rifle. This firearm things just ruins the economic model that was proposed and is currently used. With these being the price of legal firearms it means that the black market ones will also increase to amounts that don't make sense. I really do not understand your logic on investing in a a firearm? As only rare editions or antiques are an investment. The firearms in my safe right now won't be worth much in 20 years except for my ww2 era rifles.

23 minutes ago, Wesson said:

It's not about what's realistic, but what makes sense for the economy and the playerbase. If you want a cool tricked out reliable rifle, I want you to dish out a lot of money for it and I expect you to harbor it and take great care of it. 

You shouldn't be able to just buy a snazzy rifle or a shotgun every two days because you lost one the day before, you are supposed to invest in a good reliable gun, ammo, attachments and take care of it.

Who cares about taking care of a rifle, you shouldn't have to always be stressed out because you left a rifle in your house and said house gets robbed because you forgot one time to lock or something. Same applies to vehicles, these prices WILL go down, as of right now they were only implemented because of the amount of shootouts with pistols out in the streets. A rifle should be 1000$ max with the current economy, rifles aren't used for many crimes right now as you cannot walk around with them, same for shotguns.

• Jerome locked this topic