What do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?

13 hours ago, Fiendfyre said:

On another subject - is the stance previously held about live streams going to carry over? Are they going to be reviewed/monitored for faction image and rule following?

People will be allowed to stream and create highlights and let's play video. I actually want as many people as possible to do that to advertise both the server and the LSPD. We might have a rule that the broadcaster needs to have around 1 minute delay when streaming to avoid stream sniping or MetaGaming. Also, if someone does stream snipe or MetaGame from watching the stream, they will of course be reported.

I'm pretty sure that if you wanted to stream, you would use common sense and behave properly on the stream and not mess around. There's always the clips feature on Twitch that can be used if the broadcaster breaks a rule.

I hope you guys use injunctions more, I know some people find gang injunctions unpopular because they feel like it restricts RP, injunctions are a big part of gang life nowadays and most gangs out there have permanent injunctions on them.

Aslong as they're enforced well, i have no problem with them and would welcome an injunction on my gang.

3 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

I hope you guys use injunctions more, I know some people find gang injunctions unpopular because they feel like it restricts RP, injunctions are a big part of gang life nowadays and most gangs out there have permanent injunctions on them.

Aslong as they're enforced well, i have no problem with them and would welcome an injunction on my gang.

We've always tried to keep it as realistic as possible when it came to rping injunctions however the roleplay surrounding them lacked severely which at some points resulted in us not even wanting to push for them. But I'm sure that will change in the future for both sides of the fence. 

• Thumbs 1

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

16 minutes ago, Redz said:

We've always tried to keep it as realistic as possible when it came to rping injunctions however the roleplay surrounding them lacked severely which at some points resulted in us not even wanting to push for them.

The main issue I saw with you guys and injunctions is you usually tried to enforce the injunction on the entire faction, instead of just on people they knew for sure are gang members. Usually when an injunction is filed, there's a specific list of individuals that it pertains to, and not just a whole neighborhood in general.

• Clap 1

11 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

The main issue I saw with you guys and injunctions is you usually tried to enforce the injunction on the entire faction, instead of just on people they knew for sure are gang members. Usually when an injunction is filed, there's a specific list of individuals that it pertains to, and not just a whole neighborhood in general.

True. I think one thing LEO factions have to put more effort in is creating the injunction for people who are certainly members and people who are with them. Say it's a group of people, two of five are in the injunction list and three of them are not. They'd still be arrested for breaking the injunction terms, because people are not to hang around with the ones on the list. I think a list of that sort was in-deed created for 38ST injunction, but I could be wrong. 

I do see where you are coming from though. Injunctions shouldn't be on absolutely any black person or mexican in the territory, just known gang members and people who associate with them.

• Thumbs 1

12 minutes ago, F0r3v3r said:

True. I think one thing LEO factions have to put more effort in is creating the injunction for people who are certainly members and people who are with them. Say it's a group of people, two of five are in the injunction list and three of them are not. They'd still be arrested for breaking the injunction terms, because people are not to hang around with the ones on the list. I think a list of that sort was in-deed created for 38ST injunction, but I could be wrong. 

I do see where you are coming from though. Injunctions shouldn't be on absolutely any black person or mexican in the territory, just known gang members and people who associate with them.

We did have a general idea of who was in the gang and it wasn't really our goal to arrest as much people as some people would think we wanted to, having been apart of it myself we honestly moved away from it because of how unrealistic the RP surrounding it became. Especially coming from some of the 'teen' rpers who really would have some sense of fear considering they not even a gang member would try to stand clear. They tend to get involved and ultimately suffered those consequences. 

And personally I don't think the injunctions were enjoyable because again the lack of fear or the quality of RP surrounding the injunction was just awful. Killing cops pointlessly, if you knew you got an injunction on you'll probably try to keep things on the low which was the opposite of what was happening. 

But I stand with the cops and the illegal roleplayers and keeping my fingers crossed that both side of the spectrum could improve significantly in that aspect and the RP surrounding such. 

11 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

As a supervisor within GND, I can attest that in most cases we rarely arrested unless we knew you were confirmed or tatted, but most of the time if you were caught with a known gang member. You being frisked and ID'ed was all for documenting purposes. But like I said previously, our goal with most injuctions were to create positive interactions and hopefully a realistic environment under those circumstances. But most importantly when they were issue, specific guidelines were asked to be followed as our main purpose for them weren't solely to get arrest.  

• Thumbs 1

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

Assuming OCG's and gangs will be investigated and attempted to be taken down via a RICO case like in the past, I would like to see the following; 

1. Everything that is investigated and submitted as evidence against a faction of any kind, needs to have OOC proof of how it was attained IC. Screenshots is specifically what I am referring to as OOC evidence. 

2. Any evidence brought forth during a take-down should be made OOCly available to an illegal factions

management for review to see if they wish to report anything. This would obviously happen after the police initiate the take-down IC. 

The reason I am hoping to see stronger regulations/rules around take-downs is because my only real notable bad experience with LSPD in LSRP was during take-downs and evidence gathering. The amount of metagaming we found throughout our casefile was frustrating. We asked to see evidence of how LSPD knew who people where, what their "rank" was. LSPD couldn't provide any proof, just that "they knew". That's not good enough, LSPD is a very important faction and I would hope the administration, a long with LSPD leadership take a stance that if evidence gathered is not documented properly and able to be shared OOCly, I mean every single thing, then it should not count. 

Edited by Anthony_Laurino

4 hours ago, Redz said:

As a supervisor within GND, I can attest that in most cases we rarely arrested unless we knew you were confirmed or tatted, but most of the time if you were caught with a known gang member. You being frisked and ID'ed was all for documenting purposes. But like I said previously, our goal with most injuctions were to create positive interactions and hopefully a realistic environment under those circumstances. But most importantly when they were issue, specific guidelines were asked to be followed as our main purpose for them weren't solely to get arrest.  

This must have been the more recent injunctions, because unfortunately the ones I experienced happened how I described, good to hear that things have changed.

On 12/31/2021 at 3:06 PM, Anthony_Laurino said:

1. Everything that is investigated and submitted as evidence against a faction of any kind, needs to have OOC proof of how it was attained IC. Screenshots is specifically what I am referring to as OOC evidence. 

2. Any evidence brought forth during a take-down should be made OOCly available to an illegal factions

management for review to see if they wish to report anything. This would obviously happen after the police initiate the take-down IC. 

Definitely agreeing with the first one. 

The second one could maybe be handled before the IC take down. Let's say the LSPD wants to take down a faction, they apply to Faction Management with the evidence and reasons. If FM gives a go they can take them down ICly? In the end, it is FM who prevails.

Less robotic attitude, more realistic characters, no OOC rules for minor corruption such as beating someone up or ignoring someone's  few grams of Marijuana or unpaid ticket. 

And yes, if it's a TEXT BASED ROLE-PLAY GAME then I want everyone to be equals and LSPD should not be able to use TEAM SPEAK  for IC duties.  It was horribly unfair back in SAMP and most of the cops PG'd with it. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, dzgapaan said:

Less robotic attitude, more realistic characters, no OOC rules for minor corruption such as beating someone up or ignoring someone's  few grams of Marijuana or unpaid ticket. 

And yes, if it's a TEXT BASED ROLE-PLAY GAME then I want everyone to be equals and LSPD should not be able to use TEAM SPEAK  for IC duties.  It was horrible unfair back in SAMP and most of the cops PG'd with it. 

How are they going to communicate during a pursuit?

14 hours ago, Sheffield said:

Definitely agreeing with the first one. 

The second one could maybe be handled before the IC take down. Let's say the LSPD wants to take down a faction, they apply to Faction Management with the evidence and reasons. If FM gives a go they can take them down ICly? In the end, it is FM who prevails.

As long as after it's reviewed OOC for any MG, it's done through courts procedures yeah. I know way back in the day, the injunction made on MV ..listed us IC with a gang name that was only on our thread. We didn't use it IC. 

8 hours ago, Fiendfyre said:

As long as after it's reviewed OOC for any MG, it's done through courts procedures yeah. I know way back in the day, the injunction made on MV ..listed us IC with a gang name that was only on our thread. We didn't use it IC. 

Not sure if the court procedure is possible in game. You'd need judges etc. I think FM should be the one to give a verdict OOCly and ICly. An ALT that's a judge if they've got time for that, lol.

12 hours ago, Sheffield said:

How are they going to communicate during a pursuit?

Typing, like others do when being chased or in shoot out despite of having phones, walkie talkies or radios IC. Most of the time, there are two cops in a car and the second one can always type.  

2 hours ago, dzgapaan said:

Typing, like others do when being chased or in shoot out despite of having phones, walkie talkies or radios IC. Most of the time, there are two cops in a car and the second one can always type.  

How are you going to type and drive at the exact same time during a pursuit? It's just not going to work, unfortunately. I do understand what you are saying, though.