First Impressions

Mmartin

• Management
27 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Tried, played for ~40 minutes, exploring, trying to do basic stuff and find where things are/what commands were and did what, then logged out and haven't been back on since.

I don't have time to spend...

Unlike I did when I was 13-20 when I played LS:RP originally... this has put me off playing to be honest. I wanted a server I could drop in for a few hours a week and enjoy it without having to hardcore grind to be able to have a bit of fun elsewhere.

Maybe give it a second chance at some point. Our economy is designed in a way that puts people who only have a couple hours a week to spare, and those that have all day every day, on a somewhat even playing field. It may not be 100% there yet, but that's our goal anyway.

5 minutes ago, Mmartin said:

Maybe give it a second chance at some point. Our economy is designed in a way that puts people who only have a couple hours a week to spare, and those that have all day every day, on a somewhat even playing field. It may not be 100% there yet, but that's our goal anyway.

If that's the goal, more than happy to give it a second chance.

Not a dig in anyway, I appreciate you've all spent a tonne of time building it! Just don't have the time I once did to play.... will pop by again soon and see.

I wish there'd be a scheme in place people can apply for to finance their RP because I doubt it that, in 2023, the peak RP experience for getting money is grinding these boring jobs that barely pay, leasing a business and selling drugs/weapons through the faction script.

There are many angles of RP that people can and will approach, but it's demotivating when there's a lack of $ on their account to finance even the basics (a car, rent, a club entrance, etc).

• Management
1 hour ago, 9TriLLo said:

I wish there'd be a scheme in place people can apply for to finance their RP because I doubt it that, in 2023, the peak RP experience for getting money is grinding these boring jobs that barely pay, leasing a business and selling drugs/weapons through the faction script.

There are many angles of RP that people can and will approach, but it's demotivating when there's a lack of $ on their account to finance even the basics (a car, rent, a club entrance, etc).

Both Faction Team and Company Team have schemes to reward RP with money. Not sure if the faction one has been officially announced yet, but reach out.

I am having a blast, I started off with the taxi company and then was unable to accept any jobs fast enough so just lost of a ton of money and time, then couldn't leave the job for hours which was not very fun! I re-joined the LSFD which was my primary faction in SAMP and am impressed with the vehicles, the MDC and a lot of the systems that are already in place, the UI and scripts that are available are 10/10 perfection. That being said the server has launched with what feels like barebones which is fine and makes me look forward to the updates but for recruitment and retainment outside of long term players like me that is somewhere we might struggle and will probably have waves of people coming and going with big updates.

Is there a fire script? I am ready to put down my ALS kit and pickup a hose for the first time in the server 😉 A lot of the factions have felt empty and I have found myself as the only firefighter online multiple days in a row, no coroners or hospital staff and no businesses to roleplay in but as they start to fill up and recruitment open within most factions it will make the server feel much more alive. 

There is a good margin for improvement, the server feels and plays smoothly. The first changes I'd implement are a more intuitive and readable UI (i.e., when using /commands) and improving the new-players onboarding experience.

Let me elaborate further: upon joining the server, new players do not really know what to do or where to go (even renting vehicles or getting to know that you have to type /dmv to find where the DMV school is feels bad and counter intuitive). New players are what makes the server flourish, and focusing on their experience is crucial to keeping a healthy playerbase and increasing the overall retention. 

We have just launched, but these are the main areas I'd focus my efforts on.

Edited by Cocoon

5 hours ago, consul said:

The jail/prison times for the different charges/penal code are not good and are too excessive. The fact that the jail/prison timer does not go down when you are offline is terrible considering the times are excessive and poorly designed, especially when you have to sit there tabbed in as well. I see people getting jailed/prisoned for 2.5 hours for stealing a car and evading, and I have even seen someone be prisoned for 700 minutes. Whoever designed the times for the charges has not understood that most people usually evade, and commit a few crimes rather than just one single crime. You can fix this in a few ways: Let the timer go down offline and set the maximum prison time to 600 minutes whilst readjusting some times for certain common charges. Or, set the maximum prison time to 400 minutes regardless of how many charges, and readjust the times for some certain common crimes. People take ajails over prison because it’s essentially the same thing, just less time.

How are the in-game prison times excessive? The only way to get 600 minutes is to get charged with murder and like 3-4 other offenses. If you're gonna kill someone you should serve a decent amount of time. If you've played on other GTA V RP communities on RAGE (I won't mention names), murder alone is like 4 days worth of jail time. 600 minutes is nothing compared to that. Evading is like 2 hours jail time at most. Most offenses are 45 minutes, 35 minutes and so forth. I completely disagree with making the jail time max 400 minutes. If you're gonna go around killing people, carrying massive amounts of drugs, evading police and essentially becoming "SA's most wanted" or an "enemy" of the state, you should serve the jail time. To me, it sounds like you want little to no repercussions for your character committing several criminal offenses. And people who would rather take an ajail over IC prison deserve their ajail time to be the equivalent of both the IC jail time and the OOC jail time combined. It's a terrible mindset to have and anyone who shares that opinion should not play here. I do, however agree with making jail time go down if you aren't in-game or if you're tabbed.

Also, the person who was arrested for 700 minutes committed the following offenses and his jail time was actually supposed to be HIGHER but I took the initiative to lower it because I felt bad;

• 187(a) Murder in the first degree
  • 302. Illegally Discharging a Firearm
  • 316. Possession of an Unlicensed Firearm
  • 704. Evading a Peace Officer
  • 307. Maintaining a place for the purpose of distribution
  • 305. Possession of a controlled substance other than marijuana with the intent to distribute
  • 302. Illegally discharging a firearm
  • 317. Possession of a prohibited firearm
  • 316. Possession of an unlicensed firearm

This person killed a cop, fled the scene, was later apprehended and was in possession of the following in his home;

• 318 grams of methamphetamine
  • 1 gram of crack cocaine
  • 2 Locke 71 9MM semi-automatic handguns
  • 1 Dubrovnik D70, AK47 style rifle
  • 1 One Stechkin Automatic Pistol, 9MM
  • 1 AWS Mini Machine, uzi styled sub machine gun.

Edited by Jerome

5 hours ago, consul said:

The jail/prison times for the different charges/penal code are not good and are too excessive. The fact that the jail/prison timer does not go down when you are offline is terrible considering the times are excessive and poorly designed, especially when you have to sit there tabbed in as well. I see people getting jailed/prisoned for 2.5 hours for stealing a car and evading, and I have even seen someone be prisoned for 700 minutes. Whoever designed the times for the charges has not understood that most people usually evade, and commit a few crimes rather than just one single crime. You can fix this in a few ways: Let the timer go down offline and set the maximum prison time to 600 minutes whilst readjusting some times for certain common charges. Or, set the maximum prison time to 400 minutes regardless of how many charges, and readjust the times for some certain common crimes. People take ajails over prison because it’s essentially the same thing, just less time.

If someone would rather take an ajail than prison, then they shouldn't be roleplaying committing crimes. Really, we're way lenient on times compared to some others. We could easily have them take multiple days/weeks worth of time. A character committing murder and then being back on the street not long after isn't realistic. 

33 minutes ago, consul said:

Thank you for lowering his jail time to 11 hours of sitting alone, tabbed in, in a small cell he cannot exit with nobody else to RP with. You definitely punished a monstrous murderer to sit at his computer screen for 11 hours before he can role-play again. I am afraid your assumption about me is incorrect, I have never role-played a criminal character.

The in-game prison times are excessive for the reasons I have given. It is limited time from people’s real life that you are taking when they play on the server. These are the players that populate the server. You understand that when crime happens in the game, it isn't actually real crime right? Like if I am killed in-game it isn't actually a murder. It's a kid or guy playing a criminal having fun, just like you are patrolling with friends as a cop and getting into situations. Should we add a force investigation for you every time you shoot your gun? What about tons of paperwork similar to real life and a court system? You are okay with being judge, jury and executioner right? Why - because it's a game and any other way wouldn't work. 

I believe 11 hours is way too long for a game, and 4-5 hours for murder and the most extreme crimes is suitable. You are correct; most offenses are 45 and 35 minutes etc. When you add these up is the issue. It is concerning to me that you think evading is "2 hours jail at most" and that that is okay. 

If we compare to others we won't be unique. Stop thinking about other communities and be willing to innovate and break the repetition. If you can easily have them take multiple days/weeks then there won't be a player base apart from cops. A character committing murder and then being back on the street after OOC 11 hours in a small box is somehow more realistic compared to 4 OOC hours? Is it realistic that officers can be killed and come back on duty immediately after the medical RP? I am unsure what a few more hours sitting OOC in a jail alone has to do with realism? 

Anyway, that was my first impressions and opinion/advice for the server management. I don't want to have a back and forth with you guys. We can talk on TeamSpeak about it if you want. Like I said the perception of real life time in these communities is unfortunately very out of sorts. 

For one, there is a force investigation squad for officer involved shootings in BOTH factions and there are several open investigations into several members of the faction. Not just for shootings but for other things. 

Second, on a roleplay server you're expected to roleplay your character and face the repercussions for your actions, whether you think it's just a game or not. If you do any of the things most criminals on this server do, you sit in jail for 3 days minimum IRL time which is not a thing here. This isn't a light roleplay server. Most people actually get away with murder which is fine but when you're caught why is it an issue to serve jail time? 

Edited by Jerome
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, consul said:

I believe 11 hours is way too long for a game, and 4-5 hours for murder and the most extreme crimes is suitable. You are correct; most offenses are 45 and 35 minutes etc. When you add these up is the issue. It is concerning to me that you think evading is "2 hours jail at most" and that that is okay. 

When they add up it's because the person did all of those crimes. 

Yo, the whole fucking server is saying the same fucking thing. Things are too realistic and it's not even fun to play. We signed up to this server to roleplay, like we used to do on Sa-mp. Not to experience real life goddamn hardships. I work 8-4 every weekday. When I come home, I'm never ever going to fucking look forward to grinding money by fishing or playing lawn simulator. Who in their right mind thinks anything different?

If the admins say that this is in order to promote realism, where do you even get the audacity to support factions with gun deals, knowing that literally NO roleplay is carried out to justify this benefit. You're giving free shit to your friends and expect the rest of us to slave on a minimum wage, instead of actually playing a game and enjoying ourselves.

Everybody should acknowledge the fact that the management on this server endorses certain factions with gun deals that don't even fucking bother roleplaying handing over a duffel bag or anything of the like, for that matter. I'm not even asking that you become more lenient with handing out assets, that's not my point. I just wished you would entrust these assets to people that at least bother with roleplaying or making meaningful IC gameplay, that benefits the whole server.

I love that you guys re-opened LSRP. But is this the direction you really want to take?

Did the admins restart this server to stroke their own ego by having everybody follow their own rules (which they don't abide by because an admin will never be in a position where they are forced to spend hours on end fishing at Del Pierro pier)? Or are you guys actually trying to provide a service and a platform on which people can roleplay and enjoy their hobby? If it's the latter, then please listen to us and adhere to our concerns. After all, the game companies that come the farthest are the ones that listen to their playerbase.

Edited by Dachri

• Management
1 hour ago, Dachri said:

Yo, the whole fucking server is saying the same fucking thing. Things are too realistic and it's not even fun to play. We signed up to this server to roleplay, like we used to do on Sa-mp. Not to experience real life goddamn hardships. I work 8-4 every weekday. When I come home, I'm never ever going to fucking look forward to grinding money by fishing or playing lawn simulator. Who in their right mind thinks anything different?

If the admins say that this is in order to promote realism, where do you even get the audacity to support factions with gun deals, knowing that literally NO roleplay is carried out to justify this benefit. You're giving free shit to your friends and expect the rest of us to slave on a minimum wage, instead of actually playing a game and enjoying ourselves.

Everybody should acknowledge the fact that the management on this server endorses certain factions with gun deals that don't even fucking bother roleplaying handing over a duffel bag or anything of the like, for that matter. I'm not even asking that you become more lenient with handing out assets, that's not my point. I just wished you would entrust these assets to people that at least bother with roleplaying or making meaningful IC gameplay, that benefits the whole server.

I love that you guys re-opened LSRP. But is this the direction you really want to take?

Did the admins restart this server to stroke their own ego by having everybody follow their own rules (which they don't abide by because an admin will never be in a position where they are forced to spend hours on end fishing at Del Pierro pier)? Or are you guys actually trying to provide a service and a platform on which people can roleplay and enjoy their hobby? If it's the latter, then please listen to us and adhere to our concerns. After all, the game companies that come the farthest are the ones that listen to their playerbase.

Oh, hello there, [Player's Name],

We are just over the moon thrilled to read your oh-so-constructive criticism of our roleplay server. The level of sarcasm you've sprinkled throughout your post is simply astonishing. But fear not, dear player, we are more than ready to respond in kind.

You see, we are absolutely delighted that transitioning to a realistic and immersive economy has left you feelin' all warm and fuzzy inside. We apologize profusely for creating a system that challenges your desire for instant gratification. Who needs meaningful progression anyway, right? We'll definitely take note and revise our entire approach to cater exclusively to your whims.

Ah, the favoritism accusation. That's a real gem right there. We are thrilled to inform you that our team members have been secretly organizing favoritism parties, where we hand out all the goodies to our dearest friends while you, my friend, are left toiling away for minimum wage. It's like a modern-day fairy tale, where only the chosen ones receive the treasures of the land.

We are truly grateful for your suggestion to abandon any sense of realism and hand out duffel bags filled with virtual goodies without any justification whatsoever. Who needs immersive roleplay when we can just throw random items at players without rhyme or reason? It's the recipe for unparalleled excitement, isn't it?

But fret not, because we have been diligently working on our ego-stroking skills. Nothing brings us more pleasure than making everyone dance to our arbitrary rules while we sit back and bask in our supreme authority. You are absolutely correct in assuming that none of our admins will ever experience the agony of spending hours on end fishing at Del Pierro pier. We just sip martinis and laugh maniacally as you grind away, my friend.

In conclusion, we are truly humbled by your incredible insight and wisdom. Your suggestions will undoubtedly guide us on the path to becoming the greatest server of all time. We hope you continue to bless us with your delightful presence and your invaluable feedback.

Sarcastically yours,

[Your Team Name]

Spoiler

It's hard to take your feedback at face value when you sprinkle in baseless accusations. Our hierarchy is set up so there's multiple levels of approval on each level and we're all working together to make decisions. No one impactful decision has been, or is made by a single person. Even at the highest level, we rarely if ever exercise rights to veto, because it kind of defeats the purpose of community driven development.

That being said, if you really feel that there's favoritism at play, please forward concrete evidence to the appropriate overseeing body. If you feel it's going nowhere, you can escalate that to Management and we'll have a look; but great proof is necessary for such great claims.

We've written a lot about the economy by now and yes, wages are low, but so are the prices of everything. We're doing a lot to make assets readily available to facilitate roleplay to factions and companies. If you're a lone wolf it's harder at the moment. You can get by with rent and loans. Several ideas for individuals are in the works.

We want to encourage roleplay, a part of which is a realistic economy. You don't need expensive vehicles to roleplay. The pay structure is set up so that you can't get rich by grinding, you've to be smart about it. That's how it is IRL, and that's how it is on the server. You won't get rich by grinding, nobody will.

From your posts I judge that you do have a positive affection to the server, so all I ask for people with extreme passion like you to give it a chance and see where it goes. We all want the server to succeed, so if we see we're very clearly wrong, we'll act on it. But you not getting all your assets within a week or two is not off course.

There are options if you just want to mess around and basically get your assets spawned with zero-effort, LS-RP won't be one of them. We're following a vision that takes time to execute. Give it a chance.  Again, it's hard to take your feedback at face value when you've plagued it with baseless accusations when I know first hand how hard FT and The Council are trying to make the field even, fair and exciting for the factions. That being said, like with any feedback we genuinely appreciate it. 

In regards to the comments above regarding the jail time, well... If you kill a cop, flee, and hide in a house with illegal guns and enough drugs to kill a family of elephants... Yeah, you'll go to jail for a bit what do you expect. Don't do the time if you can't do the crime, or something like that.

• CJ 4
  • Bigsmoke 2
  • Ryder 1