What would bring you back into LSRP?

JesterJr

1 hour ago, ImperiumXVII said:

LEOs being overpowered is something I am constantly tackling, for example recently I've banned LEOs from using assault rifles unless they're facing people with SMGs or assault rifles themselves (meaning no more M4s coming out against AP Pistols, which I thought was stupidly overcompensating)

I do think LEOs should be overpowered, and criminals need to invest more brainpower into escape plans and choice of weapons, but I don't think it should be a guaranteed L for an illegal roleplayer if they interact with police, so if you have any thoughts on that lmk

The banning of ARs use againt semi auto and pistol weapons is a major W.

I'd suggest to limit their carried ammo, i know it "won't make a change" but it'll force you to consider your ammunation.

I'm all for Illegal RPers should put work on their escape methods, if you're planning to commit a crime and will attract police, make sure you make a plan B for escape.

I encourage illegal RPers to interact with the police and drop the "tough guy" "ACAB" mentality, because most of the time it's not realistic, alot of Cartel/Mafia members sweet talk the LEO to avoid getting unwanted attention, so yeah.

I think Armor vests should be a thing for illegals too.

5 hours ago, Mladjoo said:

In my opinion it's not, the Management sacrifice a lot of what makes the game fun for "balance reasons." Characters are CKed if a certain admin doesn't like them. LSRP on samp had it's faults, but one thing I admired is that any RP was allowed as long as it wasn't completely off the rails. GTAW's playerbase is huge no doubt about it, but as far as RP goes a quality server with 300-400 players beats a Second Life knockoff with 800 players. I think some of the players and most of the staff team are delusional about some things regarding RP, as most can't draw that fine line between the character and the player and can't get fully immersed into the game. They don't understand the concept of your character not being a representation of you. Also, I viewed a discussion regarding kevlar vests. An admin pitched in and his opinion was "The true Tarkov experience. No from me." I think that sums up the staff team very well. There wasn't an actual objective opinion, not a thought about balancing the feature but just a prejudiced view and a hard no. Even though kevlar vests outside of PD are a very real thing IRL (gun enthusiasts, bodyguards, criminals etc.) LS-RP gave players a lot of freedom regarding some things, but kept it balanced. I was once attacked by some members of PD on GTAW for winning a situation against them (didn't murder any of them keep in mind) and it was conluded that my character is "unrealistic" based off the fact that he gained an advantage against PD. There's this slight feeling I have that most players on GTAW are very new to roleplay and let their OOC views dictate what should happen ICly, particularly that the good guys should always win. I was shocked by the amount of players that had the opinion to run criminal RP into the ground, basically making the game just a chatroom with 3D avatars. Of course this isn't the reality on the server but slowly you can feel the hate people have towards certain players based off what they RP. Giving either illegal RP or legal RP an advantage is a dumb move, they should be kept equal and have a natural dynamic ICly, staff should intervene OOCly only when necessary.

I completely agree with this though. It's impossible not to be biased by experiences I've had but there are things that could be learned from GTAW, although I still think LS-RP in its original form was better than GTAW by far, but this is a whole different playing field on GTA V now. I think the core of LS-RP shouldn't be changed and the main point should be to have fun, but not punishing other players when they ICly ruin somebody's fun (as that dynamic makes RP interesting.) LS-RP had it's fair share of RP quality problems but I don't think it's what made the server die in the end, it was a side effect of other things happening. Also, even though I've had many unpleasant experiences on LS-RP, something about the community kept bringing me back. GTAW's forums are a cesspit of people trying to be edgy and find any faults to attack people for. People neglect the fact that there's another human behind the screen, if everyone left their ego at the door and remained civil the RP sphere would grow in quality and playerbase.

Sorry for the long post.

Yes, it's natural as a server becomes big, you can't have high-quality heavy-rp and 400 people online at the same time. The higher it goes, the lighter the RP. There's a very short supply of people who enjoy this type of gaming - most old ones quit, new ones just don't. Probably 80% of the originals left. GTA World peaked this high because of the Epic Games free GTA V event + the FiveM migration, which is why they have such low quality but even there, it's not that bad, that's why we can learn from them. While I think it's a horrible option in the long run, if you don't get too involved you can have a very complex and very realistic character, good businesses and factions, people to interact with etc. We can't have a super-realistic game and even then, it's boring and people won't enjoy it (LS-RP barely touched on it and look at the enthusiasm). The light, RPG aspects are unrealistic but they are fun. Most people look for fun, a very very small number look for pure realism and having a "small server of excellent RPers" is a horrible idea, like what are you going to do, the server's one gang member will rob the only business and have the one cop responding? Get shot and have the cop change char into their FD character? You need numbers for realism, you won't have realism with 20 people online, half of who are AFK or on-duty staff, and lighter RP with 900 people is way more fun than heavy RP with 10 (mind you, the same 10, in any scenario). LS-RP used to have good RP but it wasn't the most realistic - plenty of weird unrealistic characters, many being high profile, the mall and idlestacks, houses worth tens of millions of dollar, same with guns, making millions in a "savings" account.

But that's irrelevant right now, the nitpicking won't fix the server or bring back players. It's not about the scripts or the 2 inactive staff members or whatever other small arguments people might make, we need a real change.

• Thumbs 2

3 hours ago, Mahitto said:

Yes, it's natural as a server becomes big, you can't have high-quality heavy-rp and 400 people online at the same time. The higher it goes, the lighter the RP. There's a very short supply of people who enjoy this type of gaming - most old ones quit, new ones just don't. Probably 80% of the originals left. GTA World peaked this high because of the Epic Games free GTA V event + the FiveM migration, which is why they have such low quality but even there, it's not that bad, that's why we can learn from them. While I think it's a horrible option in the long run, if you don't get too involved you can have a very complex and very realistic character, good businesses and factions, people to interact with etc. We can't have a super-realistic game and even then, it's boring and people won't enjoy it (LS-RP barely touched on it and look at the enthusiasm). The light, RPG aspects are unrealistic but they are fun. Most people look for fun, a very very small number look for pure realism and having a "small server of excellent RPers" is a horrible idea, like what are you going to do, the server's one gang member will rob the only business and have the one cop responding? Get shot and have the cop change char into their FD character? You need numbers for realism, you won't have realism with 20 people online, half of who are AFK or on-duty staff, and lighter RP with 900 people is way more fun than heavy RP with 10 (mind you, the same 10, in any scenario). LS-RP used to have good RP but it wasn't the most realistic - plenty of weird unrealistic characters, many being high profile, the mall and idlestacks, houses worth tens of millions of dollar, same with guns, making millions in a "savings" account.

But that's irrelevant right now, the nitpicking won't fix the server or bring back players. It's not about the scripts or the 2 inactive staff members or whatever other small arguments people might make, we need a real change.

Missed my point. I was saying the old LS-RP system should stay the same, I am not a big fan of hyperrealism. I'm saying that GTAW limits the fun aspect and that's what this server (if it catches traction) shouldn't do. What GTAW has is definitely not quality RP and is very limited to what you can actually RP. 

spacer.png

On 12/28/2023 at 5:38 PM, Mladjoo said:

just a chatroom with 3D avatars

This definition sums up modern day roleplay.

A focus on hyperrealism and an overabundance of scripts gradually replaced storytelling, lore and worldbuilding. Committed roleplayers dedicated to creating fictional stories with just /me and /do were chased away in favor of people who spend their entire playing time chatting on TeamSpeak or Discord clamoring for more script support, staff oversight and advocating for their own skewed conception of "realism". Immersive storylines that lasted months and involved dozens of characters have been substituted with a bunch of disjointed, episodic vignettes completely disconnected from each other that are considered "high quality" only because they're based off an L.A. Times article or feature some obscure LAPD term among hundreds of lines of shallow dialogue.

Roleplay has turned from a concerted effort to build something unique into a disingenuous exercise to see who can make the edgiest character.

If you have a stroke of luck, you can still find a (likely extremely small) group of players who still have the old mindset and make something up with them: chances are it will not last because of staff interference, community hostility or some other OOC tampering. But especially if you don't, if you're a new player or a returning one who doesn't have the right connections, then you're condemned to wander among the hundreds of shallow avatars, club goers, cop LARPers and other assorted one-dimensional, cardboard cutout concepts that pass as characters these days.

The only thing that can bring people back to LSRP and the kind of roleplay it once offered, at this point, is a time machine.

• Ryder 1
  • Clap 3
  • Thumbs 2
  • Strong 1

What would bring me back to LSRP?

Probably if we ever went back to SAMP.

I recently looked into SAMP and seen some servers whom host similar things to us such as heavy text RP are very much more active than the current V server. 

I'm talking hundreds of players, whilst we sit with barley 50? 

The reason why I think LSRP would be better on SAMP again is because people miss the OG server/script and would flock over from those other existing samp servers back to LSRP. Even if it got 300 ppl again, it'd still be better than the current V situation. Not trying to get into anything too specific as I'm not trying to server advertise but the current SAMP servers that are active are a little more niche (such as not being set in LS, etc), LSRP was not niche. I think LSRP would be the "main" server again. 

I think people would be more excited and anticipate that again/go back, allowing us to have a playable server and a higher daily PB. 

Edited by Ronnie2Polez
fixed

21 21 21

1 hour ago, Ronnie2Polez said:

I recently looked into SAMP and seen some servers whom host similar things to us such as heavy text RP are very much more active than the current V server. 

The reason why I think LSRP would be better on SAMP again is because people miss the OG server/script and would flock over from those other existing samp servers back to LSRP. Even if it got 300 ppl again, it'd still be better than the current V situation. Not trying to get into anything too specific as I'm not trying to server advertise but the current SAMP servers that are active are a little more niche (such as not being set in LS, etc), LSRP was not niche. I think LSRP would be the "main" server again. 

I think people would be more excited and anticipate that again/go back, allowing us to have a playable server and a higher daily PB. 

Don't listen to this senile nigga, guy is stuck in the 90s with that samp shit

1 hour ago, Sargo7 said:

Don't listen to this senile nigga, guy is stuck in the 90s with that samp shit

He's right though, and people have been saying it all along. They've proved it. 300 players on samp feels like 900 on gta 5.

I don't think it would have the same effect though, as the motivations between rcrp reopening on samp (or openmp or whatever it's called now) versus lsrp are different. They're doing it as a passion project while LS-RP feels/felt more like a "have to", unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, Ronnie2Polez said:

As a side note, I still don't understand this and I've only seen it here, why are people so afraid to mention other servers. Competition is good. Everyone should be aware of all servers and play where they like it the most, if we're so afraid people will up and leave just because they read four letters and figure out that's a server that's much better than this one... the problem is very different and much worse.

I honestly don't understand why they're not at least trying it out. How much more can it be to host the old samp server with 50 or 100 slots and see if that works out? If that's too expensive, lower the requirements of the V server, we don't need 5000 slots. Who cares the development experience and opportunities are much better on GTA 5 if no one is using either? Give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Mahitto said:

As a side note, I still don't understand this and I've only seen it here, why are people so afraid to mention other servers. Competition is good. Everyone should be aware of all servers and play where they like it the most, if we're so afraid people will up and leave just because they read four letters and figure out that's a server that's much better than this one... the problem is very different and much worse.

I honestly don't understand why they're not at least trying it out. How much more can it be to host the old samp server with 50 or 100 slots and see if that works out? If that's too expensive, lower the requirements of the V server, we don't need 5000 slots. Who cares the development experience and opportunities are much better on GTA 5 if no one is using either? Give it a shot.

Personally I got in trouble for it, but it's no secret what server I'm talking about. I'm not an advocate for that server nor do I play it/want to. But I would play LSRP on SAMP again. I would also prefer the staff here at LSRP to be back on SAMP opposed to the other server. Also the other server is based like I said not in LS, which is a bummer. But with that niche and them still being able to pull in 300 people is impressive, showing that SAMP heavy text RP is not dead. If LSRP did it again it'd pop off heavy and the script is already at a peak. Just have to come back strong. 

I can confidently say others and I would be dedicated players and are hoping/anticipating a return of SAMP. 

I'm honestly asking/concerned with people who are still hopeful for the V server but I don't know what they think would change/make people come there. 

With all due respect of course.

Edited by Ronnie2Polez

21 21 21

I think the script is great and the GTA 5 platform has a lot of potential for a heavy RP community, but right now as a long time LSRP player (since 2009) I'm struggling to work up motivation to play on this server. Obviously I'm getting old, maybe too old to run around RPing gangbangers and that sort of thing, but I still have a lot of RP left in me. 

I have real life commitments, if I'm lucky I have a few hours at night to play games. I'm not gonna spend it grinding for  hours and hours only to earn a mere fraction of the cost of a gun or vehicle. At the end of the day it's a GTA server, and people want their cars and guns.

I could look past those things if the RP was bumping, but it's really not, at least not in my timezone. I've spent the majority of my time on here RPing as a crack head to try and stimulate the drug trade and get some funny interactions going, but its been very boring otherwise. 

Edited by KaiKola

On 1/6/2024 at 9:26 PM, Ronnie2Polez said:

I agree. SAMP LS-RP has unmatched fame when it comes to RP servers and it's most likely the best roleplay server to grace the internet.

I also find it funny how people just disregard everything you say just at the mention of samp by saying it's old. RP was never the hot thing or that popular in the first case and it's always been relatively niche. Put a sa-mp client mirror on the website and that's all you need basically, even with the original sa-mp site shut down. And I have no doubt in my mind LS-RP would top RCRP when it comes to playercount, but as you said the difference is RC-RP's reopening was a passion project which I think helped it because it didn't feel forced.

I think advertising should be something to think about, as well. I found out about LS-RP about 9 years ago through the trailer, been hooked since. Numerous others came to the server from seeing youtube videos about it (the hour long RP episodes.) Keeping it simple like that is the best move, don't need to try too hard. IMO that was LS-RP's selling point, it wasn't trying hard to be the best server, it just was, it was the place to be if you wanted to RP on an english server. SA-MP and its whole vibe has its own charm and as far as RPers go I don't think better graphics matter that much. If anything the storytelling and worldbuilding is better when you have less to work with game-wise. I'm talking about graphics and overly flashy scripts by the way - SA-MP itself has everything you need as far as RP goes.

As for myself and other people I've talked to about this, I can guarantee that a lot of time would be spent on it if it were to ever come back.

On 1/7/2024 at 12:25 AM, Mahitto said:

They've proved it. 300 players on samp feels like 900 on gta 5.

Very true. GTA 5 will always feel empty unless there's 2000 people around. On SA-MP everyone knows where the main hubs are and where to find other people.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Mladjoo said:

I agree. SAMP LS-RP has unmatched fame when it comes to RP servers and it's most likely the best roleplay server to grace the internet.

I also find it funny how people just disregard everything you say just at the mention of samp by saying it's old. RP was never the hot thing or that popular in the first case and it's always been relatively niche. Put a sa-mp client mirror on the website and that's all you need basically, even with the original sa-mp site shut down. And I have no doubt in my mind LS-RP would top RCRP when it comes to playercount, but as you said the difference is RC-RP's reopening was a passion project which I think helped it because it didn't feel forced.

I think advertising should be something to think about, as well. I found out about LS-RP about 9 years ago through the trailer, been hooked since. Numerous others came to the server from seeing youtube videos about it (the hour long RP episodes.) Keeping it simple like that is the best move, don't need to try too hard. IMO that was LS-RP's selling point, it wasn't trying hard to be the best server, it just was, it was the place to be if you wanted to RP on an english server. SA-MP and its whole vibe has its own charm and as far as RPers go I don't think better graphics matter that much. If anything the storytelling and worldbuilding is better when you have less to work with game-wise. I'm talking about graphics and overly flashy scripts by the way - SA-MP itself has everything you need as far as RP goes.

As for myself and other people I've talked to about this, I can guarantee that a lot of time would be spent on it if it were to ever come back.

Very true. GTA 5 will always feel empty unless there's 2000 people around. On SA-MP everyone knows where the main hubs are and where to find other people.

I don't blame them - unless they're just parroting what they've heard from devs/others more involved. Of course they'd be very reluctant to switch back to SAMP after putting so much effort into this script + considering how much worse coding a samp server is. However, the "absolutely never" replies without room for discussion I find to be quite stupid, no offense intended. Sure, you'd basically throw away years of work and go back to a much worse scripting experience but the real question here is who cares about this amazing server and script with shiny features if no one wants to play here? An amazing developer experience and great graphics with an empty server.

I value graphics and realism in video games and I do think GTA 5 does some things better (like the furniture system, for example) but other things are completely unnecessary for an RP server, or actually hurt the RP. I don't think advertising will do anything for us - people are expecting GTA 6 and games which bring a lot, I highly doubt we'll get any people to be like "Oh, actually I'll set MW2 and Fortnite aside and start studying the theory of heavy text based role-playing to hopefully be admitted on an empty server". At this point it's like creating a brand new cryptocurrency which no one wants to use.

Just as a note, I'm not throwing hate around. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be here. I want us to do better but we have to be objective. Simply ignoring the massive issue which is an empty server and just going forward with staff updates and features is a waste of everyone's time in my opinion. The number one priority should be bringing players (back), not a new X system and promoting and demoting Y people into whatever positions. None of that matters if the community is empty.

Learn from Romania Roleplay, they were the biggest RP community in Romania back on SAMP and had a very very similar fate on V. They migrated because it was the next big thing, script wasn't ready so it kept being delayed, launched barebones, went from 250ish players at launch to a constant 100, 50, a few months later in the 20s, then down to 10 and they closed it to bring back a brand new server ready to play. That was June 2022 if I remember correctly. The project is dead. They tried to use their SAMP fame, failed, and now they're nowhere. LSRP is in a very similar situation - amazing on SAMP, migrated to V because it was the thing to do, delayed, launched with a barebones script but good momentum, questionable decisions, less and less players. It's just that our momentum was bigger and we're not at the "dead project" state yet but if nothing changes, people won't come back. They won't see update 591.4 and be like "actually". After all, the only thing that's absolutely necessary on any RP server is the community itself. Management, scripts, teams, factions, none of those matter if you have 10 players online. A low player count will drive a lower one, not a higher one. It's not too late to salvage this. And no, it will most likely not be on V. As we both said it and everyone is aware, in order to feel the 300 players RCRP has on SAMP we'd need at least 2000-3000 players online at a time. No V server has ever gotten there, not even the other one which appeals to way more people (because of the RPG stuff).

On 1/8/2024 at 11:25 PM, KaiKola said:

I think the script is great and the GTA 5 platform has a lot of potential for a heavy RP community, but right now as a long time LSRP player (since 2009) I'm struggling to work up motivation to play on this server. Obviously I'm getting old, maybe too old to run around RPing gangbangers and that sort of thing, but I still have a lot of RP left in me. 

I have real life commitments, if I'm lucky I have a few hours at night to play games. I'm not gonna spend it grinding for  hours and hours only to earn a mere fraction of the cost of a gun or vehicle. At the end of the day it's a GTA server, and people want their cars and guns.

I could look past those things if the RP was bumping, but it's really not, at least not in my timezone. I've spent the majority of my time on here RPing as a crack head to try and stimulate the drug trade and get some funny interactions going, but its been very boring otherwise. 

I don't think it does. Like I was saying in my last reply, the only way V would be great for heavy RP would be with a ton of players. A normal SAMP server with 200 players is a thousand times better than a very fancy V server with the same amount, simply because the map is smaller and you have stuff to do.