Firearm prices for long guns (Rifles, shotguns) and heavy pistols.

42 minutes ago, _CYBER_ said:

and mind you I come from the country where the average salary is much lower than in California

The game is set in San Andreas which is a reflection of California, any other country's salary or standards to hunting are irrelevant. 

36 minutes ago, Wesson said:

Guns should never reflect the real life counterpart prices in real life, until we start having cars that cost $2000 and $3000's out the door through used car lots.

This proves my point, if a car is 29,000$ in game, a gun cannot be 7000$, thanks

I live in California, you can buy a used car here for $4000, you can't do the same thing in game, everything is at a markup, because you earn $500 for driving a truck a couple of miles, in real life, $500 is some people's weekly paycheck.

What is this 2015? Buddy it's 2023, you won't walk out of a used car lot with a 4,000$ car unless it's a 1998 camry. But this isn't 1:1 real life, we can't pay people 29$ an hour to drive a truck in game, they would need to literally be on 40 hours a week to afford a car payment lmfao. So of course you need to earn more per hour, this is a GAME. Also you cannot live in California with 500$ a week, unless you live in a van or something.

Pistols shouldn't be cheap, neither should the rifles or the shotgun. The average person cannot afford to splurge on a shotgun or a fancy rifle just because they want to go hunting, you are roleplay an average person when you're playing on the server, unless otherwise shown.

I only agreed to make pistols somewhat more expansive, as they are used for crimes and can be easily concealed.  Lmfao what drugs are you smoking? If you can't afford 400$ for a 12 gauge mossberg 500 right now, then you are below the poverty line sorry to be blunt. The average person in california can go to a bass pro shop, and walk out with a 12 gauge pump shotgun for 400$, and you can walk out with a decent hunting rifle with a decent optic for 600-700$.

Hunting is a privilege the same way, having and being able to afford to drive a car is a privilege. Having the gas in your car to be able to drive your car is a privilege, our ancestors hunting frequently in the past is absolutely incomparable and nonsensical when you're talking about buying weapon that cost several hundreds to a thousand dollars, not including the ammunition, permits, et cetera. Hunting is absolutely a privilege.

Let me try to follow your logic.... *Thinks* Ah, I see, you never held a firearm in real life and clearly never went hunting. Ironically, except for sport hunters (Which I despise) hunting is a very cheap hobby. Let me even prove it to you. In California to hunt, you need a license which is about 60$, alright. Then you need a firearm let's say you want to go deer hunting. You'll need camo clothes, add 150$. Then you need a rifle with a scope, let's say 300$ for a vortex 3-9 scope, and add a decent rifle like a Ruger American 308 for like 450$. Which totals about 900$ and you're set to go hunting, for multiple years with this gear. So yeah 900$ for a complete decent hobby isn't exactly a lot of money.

So, now that we proved that hunting is clearly not a very expansive hobby and that someone with a regular wage can go hunting, it debunks that it's a privilege.

Stop tossing around the word privilege without actually knowing what it means...

Here's so stats for you since you compared Los Santos to LA. Do you know that only less than 10% of americans do not have a vehicle.... So you're telling me that 90% of the us citizens are privileged???? 

TLDR, yes if you make 500$ a week as a paycheck, you are classified as poor and yes then all of the above would be a privilege but heck a garbage collector in LA makes around 50000$ a year.

Here's the definition of privileged according to the Cambridge dictionary as you don't understand what a privilege is.

an advantage that only one person or group of people has, usually because of their position or because they are rich:

Here's to prove that owning a car isn't a privilege.
https://www.forbes.com/advisor/car-insurance/car-ownership-statistics/

Edited by 30PiecesOfSilver
  • Clap 1

17 minutes ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

This proves my point, if a car is 29,000$ in game, a gun cannot be 7000$, thanks

What is this 2015? Buddy it's 2023, you won't walk out of a used car lot with a 4,000$ car unless it's a 1998 camry. But this isn't 1:1 real life, we can't pay people 29$ an hour to drive a truck in game, they would need to literally be on 40 hours a week to afford a car payment lmfao. So of course you need to earn more per hour, this is a GAME. Also you cannot live in California with 500$ a week, unless you live in a van or something.

I only agreed to make pistols somewhat more expansive, as they are used for crimes and can be easily concealed.  Lmfao what drugs are you smoking? If you can't afford 400$ for a 12 gauge mossberg 500 right now, then you are below the poverty line sorry to be blunt. The average person in california can go to a bass pro shop, and walk out with a 12 gauge pump shotgun for 400$, and you can walk out with a decent hunting rifle with a decent optic for 600-700$.

Let me try to follow your logic.... *Thinks* Ah, I see, you never held a firearm in real life and clearly never went hunting. Ironically, except for sport hunters (Which I despise) hunting is a very cheap hobby. Let me even prove it to you. In California to hunt, you need a license which is about 60$, alright. Then you need a firearm let's say you want to go deer hunting. You'll need camo clothes, add 150$. Then you need a rifle with a scope, let's say 300$ for a vortex 3-9 scope, and add a decent rifle like a Ruger American 308 for like 450$. Which totals about 900$ and you're set to go hunting, for multiple years with this gear. So yeah 900$ for a complete decent hobby isn't exactly a lot of money.

So, now that we proved that hunting is clearly not a very expansive hobby and that someone with a regular wage can go hunting, it debunks that it's a privilege.

Stop tossing around the word privilege without actually knowing what it means...

Here's so stats for you since you compared Los Santos to LA. Do you know that only less than 10% of americans do not have a vehicle.... So you're telling me that 90% of the us citizens are privileged???? 

TLDR, yes if you make 500$ a week as a paycheck, you are classified as poor and yes then all of the above would be a privilege but heck a garbage collector in LA makes around 50000$ a year.

Here's the definition of privileged according to the Cambridge dictionary as you don't understand what a privilege is.

an advantage that only one person or group of people has, usually because of their position or because they are rich:

Here's to prove that owning a car isn't a privilege.
https://www.forbes.com/advisor/car-insurance/car-ownership-statistics/

Relax with the passive aggressiveness and the toxic remarks.

Not really interested in discussing anything with your constant use of ad hominem.

Yes, rifles and shotguns shouldn't cost nearly $10000 dollars, but they also shouldn't cost anything less than a few thousand dollars in game. 

Owning a car is a privilege, it doesn't matter what Forbes says, having a car is a privilege and it always will be, until the government starts handing out vehicles to every single citizen - it is going to be a privilege.

Hunting is an activity that not many people can do, due to simply not having a $1000 or more or hell, even $500 to invest in hunting supplies, thus, by definition, it is a privilege to be able to go hunting, the same way it is a privilege to go golfing, this is a very basic concept.

The average person in California cannot go to a Bass Pro Shop and walk out with a $400 Mossberg 500, first of all, $400 will only get you a very poorly performing Canik shotgun, with taxes, sales tax and firearm taxes, it's going to be somewhere near $700 if the MSRP is $500, I live here.

I don't think you understand that the average person does not have extra couple of hundred dollars to go hunting, no one said it was an expensive hobby, either, it is a hobby that requires financial investing and the privileges of being able to drive a car, yes, being able to drive a car is a privilege and not a right, by definition.

I'm not interested in reading your passive aggressive remarks, asking me what drugs I'm on et cetera when we're having a peaceful and civil discourse, tone it down. However, what I'm interested in talking about is that yes, shotguns and rifles should not cost $7000 or $5000, a rifle's price should come up to somewhere near one or three thousand dollars after tax, not including ammo. Rifles shouldn't cost $1000, that's too cheap and yes, same goes for shotguns, they also shouldn't cost anywhere near $5000, they should cost less than what I suggested for the rifle price. 

If all you're asking for is for the legal, law abiding citizen to be able to afford a rifle to go hunting with your car, then you should expect to be charged at least 5% or 10% of the amount that your car is worth for such an endeavor, LSRP is not real life, you're right. But, having shotguns and rifles that cost pennies to the dollar also does not make sense. 

Make an in character goal and work multiple jobs in game to be able to afford your rifles and shotguns, all the ammo and gear you need for hunting gear. This is what people do in real life, since you bring up real life so constantly. Being able to go hunting every single day is not a feat for the average American, which is an unfortunate thing, but you need to understand the budget that the average American is working with, especially in California. 

Edited by Wesson

The prices of PF guns will likely go down, probably just not anytime soon. A major issue right now with PF guns was the fact that 1; illegal roleplayers were applying for PFs instead of retrieving firearms through the illegal strawmen scheme because there's little to no to no effort in doing so and the prices were extremely cheap and 2; a majority of the DM reports are from people in possession of PF weapons. The current prices in no way shape or form were meant to reflect what the IRL model of the gun would cost - but as somewhat of a restriction or cooldown to prevent the massive abuse of the PF system in the first place.

This wasn't really much of an issue on SA-MP because illegal roleplayers were barred OOCly from applying for PF licenses and anyone who lied on their applications and got busted were banned from applying in the future. The transfer of PF guns was also against server rules which isn't a thing anymore so people are just buying PF guns, selling them to their friends and reporting them stolen. This is a major issue that could not be ignored and has finally been addressed. I myself have pulled a car over for a simple traffic offense and 3-4 of the occupants of that vehicle got out shooting almost immediately upon making contact - come to find out that when I decide to PF check the names they all come back as newly issued PF licenses.

Ppl forget there is a 3 gun limit, idk if per month or permanently till you loose it/report it stolen but what happens if you get robbed and you spent all that money for nothing? Imo illegal guns are more the issue than legal guns and long rifles should be kept cheaper. Let illegal factions get guns like the gun warehouse or whatever the scheme was on old LSRP with unpackaging and whatnot and the people that handle PF apps deny the gang bang RPers. It's not hard to make a 5 min drive-around the hood see the name tags of the usual bangers then look in the PF app and see who they are lol.

• Thumbs 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jerome locked this topic