First Impressions

Mmartin

DMV test is waaay to hard.. I spent all of my starter budget on it and I still didn't pass it. Plus, I am pretty sure I waited long enough at all the ''yellow'' zones since I counted out loud, yet I failed to do so 6 times according to the system. 

Actually suprised how well polished and done the server is feature wise. We'll see how the playerbase is when it's up for the main release.

Some of these additions would be nice to see:

/attributes & /examine

/knock or /ringbell on property doors

some kind of GPS system that can lead me to an exact address

Edited by unethical

Sick so far from what I’ve played.

Just a few minor QoL changes, /blindfold and /clearchat for easy screenshots, I tend to type a wrong command sometimes and its stuck in the chat box & looks a bit ugly, maybe remove the notification?

Also enable tattoos and make sure people in prison can get them, is there going to be the potential for factions to have custom tattoos added?

• Love 1

I've played around for a bit and here are my thoughts.

- The script works great. The phone is well done ans so are the rest of the features. It's stable and gives me trust that it will be capable for lots more to come. Even the job missions are well done and thought out.

- I'd be nice to spawn back at the same location I left at. Saves us from having to run back to the place we were.

- The wage/payment system is honestly a big joke. Around $200 per paycheck as a beginner and don't even get me started on the jobs. I've done trucking and mowing and both deliver between $5 and $30 per completed job. Mind you that it takes a bit of effort and time to finish a job.

xjFRtih.png

How are people supposed to be able to afford a vehicle, housing and some other items with wages from 1899? Players will be forced to grind, grind and grind their way up to a basic scooter or bicycle. It honestly demoted me to even log back on. The $500 you have to invest in a commercial license is a big waste because it does not earn that much more than the mowing job does. All of my starter money was wasted after trying to get sorted at the DMV so I'm left with nothing.

- Vehicle pricing. Some vehicles have weird pricing. The Carbonizarre is around 20K but a Stinger GT is 20 mil?

• Thumbs 2

14 hours ago, Dionkoffie said:

I've played around for a bit and here are my thoughts.

- The script works great. The phone is well done ans so are the rest of the features. It's stable and gives me trust that it will be capable for lots more to come. Even the job missions are well done and thought out.

- I'd be nice to spawn back at the same location I left at. Saves us from having to run back to the place we were.

- The wage/payment system is honestly a big joke. Around $200 per paycheck as a beginner and don't even get me started on the jobs. I've done trucking and mowing and both deliver between $5 and $30 per completed job. Mind you that it takes a bit of effort and time to finish a job.

xjFRtih.png

How are people supposed to be able to afford a vehicle, housing and some other items with wages from 1899? Players will be forced to grind, grind and grind their way up to a basic scooter or bicycle. It honestly demoted me to even log back on. The $500 you have to invest in a commercial license is a big waste because it does not earn that much more than the mowing job does. All of my starter money was wasted after trying to get sorted at the DMV so I'm left with nothing.

- Vehicle pricing. Some vehicles have weird pricing. The Carbonizarre is around 20K but a Stinger GT is 20 mil?

Let me tell you that when you progress in trucking with level 2-3 and such it pays more, yes it take more time to load and unload products but you get 300-500 a run when you are level 2 in CDL, also if you open your phone and went to the internet you will find that you can purchase a vehicle with 15% down payment and you can pay the rest in installments. 

35 minutes ago, PlayerX said:

I have one more suggestion, that also relates to the point I made earlier about the expectations set on the player.

Activity requirements for properties should not be so high as 4 hours per 7 days. That's insanely high. I suggest 2 hours every 14 days. People have lives outside of LS-RP. They shouldn't have to login to play just to keep their properties and lifestyle up. But on the other hand, there is a point which you can say the property needs to be put back on the market and made available again. That's why I suggest 2 hours every 14 days. It's in the sweet spot where people who are active can keep their properties, but people who aren't won't be hoarding it keeping it from someone who is active.

I think 5 hours in 30 days should be okay since it is the end of the school term for a lot of people and diminished activity is expected.

This may be something that is being added so forgive me if it is.

But I'm disappointed to see that there is no way to order a motorcycle.

Id suggest adding a dedicated motorcycle dealership. With a website like the luxury one. The idea of having a stock of cars is nice, and I think its interesting, But when your grinding your ass off to be able to afford a bike, and you only have a choice of 3 or 4 bikes. Its very disheartening. 

38 minutes ago, Dwayne Smith said:

You need to think about to people who have a job, not only teenagers. 

That's why I think 5 hours minimum activity in 30 days should be good. It works out for those in school and those with tight work schedules.

1 hour ago, PlayerX said:

I disagree. There are more or less 4 weeks in a month. I think 4 hours per month would work well.

so 30-31 days per month... 720-744 hours a month. I do understand that people have lives outside of RP especially as the playerbase overall has aged and grown with LSRP. But I don't feel like 5 hours a month is a big ask to refer to what Jerome mentioned. 4 hours per 7 days can end up being a lot so as it stands it could use an adjustment. But once we get to 4 or 5 hours per month you're sort of pulling thread trying to justify one or the other when it's not that large a difference.