UFC Discussions

Mikee

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 7:17 AM, Jit said:

“Dropping down a weight makes you better” okay so you have 0 idea what cutting weight is and that fighters don’t just wake up and fight at the weight that they walk around in every day…

Colby strongly disagrees with that lmao

On 12/5/2021 at 5:01 AM, Jit said:

" dominating top opponents in a stacked division"

Also LW is not stacked.

LW was stacked though, still is in a way. Back when Khabib battered Conor, majority considered LW to be the most stacked division in the UFC. Regardless, I agree with you Khabib hasn't done enough to be called the GOAT, maybe/probably GOAT of LW but defo not P4P.

On 12/12/2021 at 5:03 AM, Jit said:

Amanda just got her ass whooped 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Bound to happen eventually, you can't stay on top forever (bar Jones), I can see Amanda taking that belt back in style though

On 1/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, Mikee said:

Adesanya, what do you think about him?

Great fighter, exciting striking and, contrary to what some people say, pleasure to watch. This whole narrative about Izzy being a boring fighter is ridiculous, Chandler asking Izzy to do more and not spar and that champs don't have to do much nowadays was just stupid af. Izzy landed more strikes against Rob, defended takedowns and the ones he didn't defend, Rob literally did nothing. Anyone saying Rob got robbed is just a fanboy, for real. Can't see anyone beating Izzy at MW anytime soon.

4 hours ago, vis said:

LW was stacked though, still is in a way. Back when Khabib battered Conor, majority considered LW to be the most stacked division in the UFC. Regardless, I agree with you Khabib hasn't done enough to be called the GOAT, maybe/probably GOAT of LW but defo not P4P.

Bound to happen eventually, you can't stay on top forever (bar Jones), I can see Amanda taking that belt back in style though

Great fighter, exciting striking and, contrary to what some people say, pleasure to watch. This whole narrative about Izzy being a boring fighter is ridiculous, Chandler asking Izzy to do more and not spar and that champs don't have to do much nowadays was just stupid af. Izzy landed more strikes against Rob, defended takedowns and the ones he didn't defend, Rob literally did nothing. Anyone saying Rob got robbed is just a fanboy, for real. Can't see anyone beating Izzy at MW anytime soon.

🤣🤣 only fan boys think Robbie won that fight

On 2/19/2022 at 8:15 PM, vis said:

Solid points, I do honestly feel LW was mainly TOP heavy especially after the Connor vs Khabib fight is when the guys at the top started making the gap between them and the rest of the division longer and longer, as in if you weren't the top guys known in the division you weren't much of a contender, 

I honestly hate how fanned out UFC can be, guys like khamzat chimaev who has 0 noticeable wins has at least 90% of the UFC (probably a higher amount as the real fans numbers lessen by the day) thinking that he can wake up and beat Izzy tomorrow at Middle Weight.

Colby walks around at his fight weight? No way? I could of sworn I seen somewhere where he was walking around 190+?

I love Izzy honestly, Hopefully he gets that LWH belt and bounces, don't want to see him fight Jon Jones AT ALL. It'll be like vs Jan the 1st time but x 9000

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 12:48 AM, Jit said:

Solid points, I do honestly feel LW was mainly TOP heavy especially after the Connor vs Khabib fight is when the guys at the top started making the gap between them and the rest of the division longer and longer, as in if you weren't the top guys known in the division you weren't much of a contender, 

I honestly hate how fanned out UFC can be, guys like khamzat chimaev who has 0 noticeable wins has at least 90% of the UFC (probably a higher amount as the real fans numbers lessen by the day) thinking that he can wake up and beat Izzy tomorrow at Middle Weight.

Colby walks around at his fight weight? No way? I could of sworn I seen somewhere where he was walking around 190+?

I love Izzy honestly, Hopefully he gets that LWH belt and bounces, don't want to see him fight Jon Jones AT ALL. It'll be like vs Jan the 1st time but x 9000

What really made LW stacked for me was the fact there was like 5+ guys good enough to hold the belt, and that still applies to certain extent as lightweight is much more competitive than other divisions.

It's not just the UFC mate, every sport is like that, you always have that one guy all fans love. Khamzat is a massive hypetrain but he's been impressive so far, yeah he hasn't beaten any top fighters yet but the way he's been winning his fights is just extraordinary. He's scheduled to fight Burns now so will see how that one goes, it will be a career defining fight for him in a way.

Colby's natural weight is somewhere between 175-180, so he almost doesn't cut anything, and he said it himself as well then it was confirmed by reporters/fighters I believe. Got loads of respect for him because of that.

I don't see Izzy getting the LWH belt tbf, I'd rather for him to stick around at MM and dominate, he's got the potential to get really close Silva's record. I don't think Bones will come back to the octagon either unless he's really prepping for HW but it's just been so long since the last time he fought I lost all the hope lmao

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 8:24 AM, vis said:

What really made LW stacked for me was the fact there was like 5+ guys good enough to hold the belt, and that still applies to certain extent as lightweight is much more competitive than other divisions.

It's not just the UFC mate, every sport is like that, you always have that one guy all fans love. Khamzat is a massive hypetrain but he's been impressive so far, yeah he hasn't beaten any top fighters yet but the way he's been winning his fights is just extraordinary. He's scheduled to fight Burns now so will see how that one goes, it will be a career defining fight for him in a way.

Colby's natural weight is somewhere between 175-180, so he almost doesn't cut anything, and he said it himself as well then it was confirmed by reporters/fighters I believe. Got loads of respect for him because of that.

I don't see Izzy getting the LWH belt tbf, I'd rather for him to stick around at MM and dominate, he's got the potential to get really close Silva's record. I don't think Bones will come back to the octagon either unless he's really prepping for HW but it's just been so long since the last time he fought I lost all the hope lmao

Nah, I know  it’s every sport but it’s usually always the UFC more than others. Theirs a 10+ minute video on YouTube called “UFC Hypetrains getting destroyed”

if Izzy wants to beat Jan he can’t fight him to a decision otherwise if he loses again it’ll be bad for his legacy imo

its funny you told me that information about Colby just the other day I just seen a video of him saying he doesn’t cut made me think about ur comment.

speaking of I get the vibe you’re pretty into the UFC.

what’s your take on the masvidal aftermath? Honestly embarrassing imo for him getting smashed in the ring then getting arrested cus he’s salty.

I used to hate Colby but now I’m a fan hopefully he gets to face and ends poriers career.

5 hours ago, Jit said:

Nah, I know  it’s every sport but it’s usually always the UFC more than others. Theirs a 10+ minute video on YouTube called “UFC Hypetrains getting destroyed”

if Izzy wants to beat Jan he can’t fight him to a decision otherwise if he loses again it’ll be bad for his legacy imo

its funny you told me that information about Colby just the other day I just seen a video of him saying he doesn’t cut made me think about ur comment.

what’s your take on the masvidal aftermath? Honestly embarrassing imo for him getting smashed in the ring then getting arrested cus he’s salty.

I used to hate Colby but now I’m a fan hopefully he gets to face and ends poriers career.

i'm never watching a masvidal fight again. stayed up till 8am to see that shitfest of a fight. now i just dislike both of em.

On 3/23/2022 at 7:41 AM, trouble.maker said:

i'm never watching a masvidal fight again. stayed up till 8am to see that shitfest of a fight. now i just dislike both of em.

ufc is just in a different era the money is increasing so guys don’t wanna take as much damage anymore so they can keep fighting and you can’t fight like a swing heavy zombie to win anymore. Technical strikers/wrestlers rule the octagon now and guys who just stand and try to box have almost 0 chance now.

it can be less enjoyable depending on how much you’re actually into and understand combat fighting.

I actually liked seeing masvidal get smacked around the cage for 25 mins and seeing how gassed he was while trying to talk shit and Colby looked fresh.

he going out extremely sad now

On 3/23/2022 at 6:31 AM, Jit said:

I think it's more visible in the UFC purely because there's less people competing vs other sports, like if you think about it there's new Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar in football almost every few months, then they go missing. Also, let me guess, Giga and Till are in the video? 😂

I don't think Izzy has the KO power to do Jan or Jiri like that and I don't see Glover keeping that belt for too long, although if he does it'll be a great story.

Got mad respect for Masvidal for his backyard fights back in the day (loved Kimbo for that as well), but as a fighter he isn't anything special. Didn't deserve second fight against Usman, only got it because he's a draw, and he's only a draw because he landed a lucky knee against Askren. I know plenty of fans dislike Ben but man he probably would've won that fight had it gone to the ground.

As for the post-fight confrontation, Jorge got absolutely mauled in the fight so he just comes across as salty, ngl. Colby didn't even really say anything about his kids, only that Jorge is a bad dad, but I might have missed something.

I like Poirier, he's a nice guy, never really starts shit anymore only responds when he gets called out but I don't see him winning with Colby, I'll be definitely rooting for Dustin but he would be a huge underdog in that fight, IMO.

5 hours ago, vis said:

I think it's more visible in the UFC purely because there's less people competing vs other sports, like if you think about it there's new Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar in football almost every few months, then they go missing. Also, let me guess, Giga and Till are in the video? 😂

I don't think Izzy has the KO power to do Jan or Jiri like that and I don't see Glover keeping that belt for too long, although if he does it'll be a great story.

Got mad respect for Masvidal for his backyard fights back in the day (loved Kimbo for that as well), but as a fighter he isn't anything special. Didn't deserve second fight against Usman, only got it because he's a draw, and he's only a draw because he landed a lucky knee against Askren. I know plenty of fans dislike Ben but man he probably would've won that fight had it gone to the ground.

As for the post-fight confrontation, Jorge got absolutely mauled in the fight so he just comes across as salty, ngl. Colby didn't even really say anything about his kids, only that Jorge is a bad dad, but I might have missed something.

I like Poirier, he's a nice guy, never really starts shit anymore only responds when he gets called out but I don't see him winning with Colby, I'll be definitely rooting for Dustin but he would be a huge underdog in that fight, IMO.

Ben Askren you mean the guy who broke Masvidals knee with his face? Same guy who broke jake Paul’s hand with the same face? The same guy who purposely let Maia choke him out because he knew he was scared of his iron face??? THE GREATEST FIGHTER THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN? HATED? Ben is the peoples champ… and a better wrestler than khabib a more technical striker than Izzy and more knockout power than Ngannou.

Yeah man I’m gonna have to question your UFC knowledge now…

Edited by Jit

8 hours ago, Jit said:

Ben Askren you mean the guy who broke Masvidals knee with his face? Same guy who broke jake Paul’s hand with the same face? The same guy who purposely let Maia choke him out because he knew he was scared of his iron face??? THE GREATEST FIGHTER THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN? HATED? Ben is the peoples champ… and a better wrestler than khabib a more technical striker than Izzy and more knockout power than Ngannou.

Yeah man I’m gonna have to question your UFC knowledge now…

Sorry but Ben was a WW champion in Bellator and ONE, submitted Lawler in his first UFC fight, then lost to Masvidal, Maia and retired. Out of his 2 L's, the one against Masvidal was just really unlucky, whilst losing to Maia isn't exactly an embarrassment. Bear in mind Maia's losses where against the likes of Usman, Cov or Burns and he's getting closer to the retirement now as well. Also, he beat Masvidal.

There's no need for the hyperbole, Ben would've never been a WW champion in the UFC but I'm sure as hell he would've wrestled the shit out of Masvidal. He's a meme know and I always appreciate good banter but let's not forget Ben was actually a very good MMA fighter. Didn't stand a chance against Jake Paul though. Ben couldn't strike/box to save his life whilst JP is an amateur boxer, much bigger and taller than Ben as well. Also, the state of Ben's body when he turned up for the weigh in.. LOL. Just an easy paycheck and a chance to become relevant once again. 

3 hours ago, vis said:

Sorry but Ben was a WW champion in Bellator and ONE, submitted Lawler in his first UFC fight, then lost to Masvidal, Maia and retired. Out of his 2 L's, the one against Masvidal was just really unlucky, whilst losing to Maia isn't exactly an embarrassment. Bear in mind Maia's losses where against the likes of Usman, Cov or Burns and he's getting closer to the retirement now as well. Also, he beat Masvidal.

There's no need for the hyperbole, Ben would've never been a WW champion in the UFC but I'm sure as hell he would've wrestled the shit out of Masvidal. He's a meme know and I always appreciate good banter but let's not forget Ben was actually a very good MMA fighter. Didn't stand a chance against Jake Paul though. Ben couldn't strike/box to save his life whilst JP is an amateur boxer, much bigger and taller than Ben as well. Also, the state of Ben's body when he turned up for the weigh in.. LOL. Just an easy paycheck and a chance to become relevant once again. 

Ah, I see you took my comment seriously. Awkward …  thought you’d  get it was a meme comment 

On 3/25/2022 at 3:31 PM, Jit said:

Ah, I see you took my comment seriously. Awkward …  thought you’d  get it was a meme comment 

I mean.. I knew you were taking the piss in the first paragraph but the way you ended it, I thought you were just being sarcastic and assumed I was overhyping Ben, which wasn't my intention at all 😂

Yan confirmed he's landed in the US and will be ready for his fight with Aljo, that card is looking fire so far IMO.