UFC Discussions

Mikee

spacer.png

Let's start with UFC #264. What do you think about this match? McGregor's injury? And what do you think about the fact that Dana White said there will be a rematch? Is it right?
Who's your favorite fighter? What fight would you like to see in 2022?

Edited by Mikee

it.png  SENIOR TESTER MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

I personally always supported McGregor and always will, I like his style, attitude, everything. He can hype up people really good and that is good for a sport like that. However, the injury was unfortunate but I do not think it would be appropriate to have a third match (fourth if you count the one they played back in 2014).

Jvt4mOm.png 

9 hours ago, Jerome said:

should not be a rematch

also izzy will beat whittaker again im guessing 2nd round TKO

Adesanya is one of my favorite fighters too. He is humble even in case of victory and I like his fighting style. Anyway I agree with you, he will beat Whittaker.

2 hours ago, elgreco said:

I personally always supported McGregor and always will, I like his style, attitude, everything. He can hype up people really good and that is good for a sport like that. However, the injury was unfortunate but I do not think it would be appropriate to have a third match (fourth if you count the one they played back in 2014).

Yeah I think the same. Actually Dana White is up for a rematch because he knows how much McGregor can hype up people and it would bring UFC a lot of money. I mean, everything turns around money in this case and it is sad. What I think about McGregor is that he should resign or just try to go back to the Lightweight and see how it goes. Even if he kinda lost motivation I guess, or "anger". I think that a fighter is a good fighter when he doesn't have anything and fights for it. Now McGregor has a lot of money, he doesn't need anything. His goal was to have two belts at the same time. He reached his goal, so I think he lost his "anger".
This was different for example with Khabib. Khabib always said: "I have water, I have bread, I don't need money". He wasn't a fighter just for money, he always said that he fought for passion and prove that he was the best, nothing more.

2 minutes ago, Mikee said:

Yeah I think the same. Actually Dana White is up for a rematch because he knows how much McGregor can hype up people and it would bring UFC a lot of money. I mean, everything turns around money in this case and it is sad. What I think about McGregor is that he should resign or just try to go back to the Lightweight and see how it goes. Even if he kinda lost motivation I guess, or "anger". I think that a fighter is a good fighter when he doesn't have anything and fights for it. Now McGregor has a lot of money, he doesn't need anything. His goal was to have two belts at the same time. He reached his goal, so I think he lost his "anger".
This was different for example with Khabib. Khabib always said: "I have water, I have bread, I don't need money". He wasn't a fighter just for money, he always said that he fought for passion and prove that he was the best, nothing more.

McGregor is Dana's baby and we all know that. Like you said, McGregor fights for money, Khabib was fighting for reputation and honor. Both amazing fighters. 

But the past few years, I have been watching heavyweight stuff. Ngannou by far my favorite in that category. That guy has the power of a truck lmao

Jvt4mOm.png 

8 minutes ago, elgreco said:

McGregor is Dana's baby and we all know that. Like you said, McGregor fights for money, Khabib was fighting for reputation and honor. Both amazing fighters. 

But the past few years, I have been watching heavyweight stuff. Ngannou by far my favorite in that category. That guy has the power of a truck lmao

Ngannou is really amazing, I agree with you. Another great fighter that sadly retired ( to me ) is Georges St. Pierre, he had a great fight style. What do you think about him?

5 minutes ago, Mikee said:

Ngannou is really amazing, I agree with you. Another great fighter that sadly retired ( to me ) is Georges St. Pierre, he had a great fight style. What do you think about him?

He is not really my style to be honest, but a fight that I always remember from St. Pierre was with Nick Diaz. 

Jvt4mOm.png 

Just now, elgreco said:

He is not really my style to be honest, but a fight that I always remember from St. Pierre was with Nick Diaz. 

Yeah, I remember that fight. Nick and Nate Diaz seem to be straight from the ghetto hahahaha. I like them too. What do you think was the best match ever? I liked really much McGregor - Mendes but even the first fight between McGregor and Nate Diaz. That looked like a real bloody dog fight.

3 hours ago, Mikee said:

Yeah, I remember that fight. Nick and Nate Diaz seem to be straight from the ghetto hahahaha. I like them too. What do you think was the best match ever? I liked really much McGregor - Mendes but even the first fight between McGregor and Nate Diaz. That looked like a real bloody dog fight.

The hatred between McGregor and Nate. First fight. I can't think of anything else to be honest lol

Jvt4mOm.png 

connor needs to retire, and thats coming from a mcgregor fan dudes chin turned into glass recently

7 hours ago, Mikee said:

ngannou right now is #1 heavyweight rn but i think gane would give him problems not sure how that fight would go. st pierre was also good.

also khabib is trash

4 minutes ago, Jerome said:

connor needs to retire, and thats coming from a mcgregor fan dudes chin turned into glass recently

ngannou right now is #1 heavyweight rn but i think gane would give him problems not sure how that fight would go. st pierre was also good.

also khabib is trash

Wait what? Khabib is trash? To me Khabib is the GOAT, the best fighter ever. He has a record of 29-0-0. He has a crazy fight style, a lot of stamina and most important thing he doesn't fight for money. Mackachev is going to take his place.

Khabib is not the goat. He retired when he got to the top so that he wouldn't lose. He was going to eventually lose. Also, that 29-0 record means nothing when he faced straight BUMS, he only got about 3 or 4 people of noteworthy names on that list of wins. Good dude but not anywhere near a goat. 

20 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Khabib is not the goat. He retired when he got to the top so that he wouldn't lose. He was going to eventually lose. Also, that 29-0 record means nothing when he faced straight BUMS, he only got about 3 or 4 people of noteworthy names on that list of wins. Good dude but not anywhere near a goat. 

To you.. who may be defined a GOAT then?

How do you guys feel about Islam Makhachev vs Dan Hooker?

LS-RP                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

If Jon Jones can get his life straight, I hope he makes a return to the Octagon to fight Jan Blachowicz or Francis Ngannou. I felt like Jones lost to Reyes when they fought but that's just me. Jan has always wanted to fight Jon Jones but he's been straight up ducking him. Hopefully those two amazing fighters can still be champs in 2022 and Jones fixes up his life cause it's not looking good. 

9 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Khabib is trash

stfu

LS-RP