UFC Discussions

Mikee

2 hours ago, Zachh said:

I never said Jon Jones wasn't a goat either.. you're the one talking about how there can only be one, there's never one goat, people almost always talk about like top 5 in the mma community, it's so hard to tell. How am I casual, a casual would base decisions off records lol so many (maybe majority?) of current and ex-UFC fighters call Khabib elite because you can see how good someone is from how they fight. Again, Jon Jones is a goat too, but he also went to decision against all the top fighters, while Khabib started dominating top opponents and finishing all of them with ease, it's clear he's one of the best. But I do think Ciryl Gane is a new goat, and if Jon fights again, that's who he'll lose to, personally. ??Watch Izzy?? Izzy got wrestled by Jan  Blachowicz and couldn't do anything the whole fight.. need I say Jan got outwrestled by Glover, and you think Izzy would win against Khabib?? I'm not even a Khabib fan either, I said my favorite fighters above, but it's just pretty obvious how good he was, I guess Makhachev will just continue it now anyway though. 

Say out loud what I’m about to type.

”a greatest of all time”

”the greatest of all time”

one makes sense the other doesn’t.

Their is a “great” of all time and “the greatest” this entire conversation is about the greatest.

2. Do you not know what a weight class is? And why they exist. Blachowicz fought Israel (who fights at 185 lbs) at 220 pounds in the 205 pound division. You bringing him up does absolutely nothing but further my point on why weight classes exist. You do realize it’s easier to slam a 155lb guy than it is to slam a 185lb guy? Now imagine khabib at 155 wrestling a 220 mma wrestler.

izzy is 21-1 AND EVERYONE he’s fought are either legends/champions/top contenders. Don’t forget to mention his 77-3 kickboxing record. Theirs no way you think Khabib at fight weight of 155 who’s 5’10 is going to rag doll Someone at 185 like Izzy who’s also 6’4 (btw Izzy has the best takedown defense percentage in the entire UFC) and he’s fought better wrestlers than khabib who also weigh on average 35-40 more pounds.  Example: Yoel Romero, Blachowicz.

“theirs never one goat”

Brady? Who’s the other goat of American football? Their is none.

Messi? 

LBJ?

Usain bolt?

Diana taurasi?

Also no way you base goat status off of if you finish someone or go to decision. I’m guessing you don’t  know Out of 13 UFC Fights. Khabib has 6 decision wins and those were against low ranked bottom tier fighters and one was in a title fight against Al Quinta. Meanwhile Jon Jones has 9 finishes so that doesn’t help your case for khabib…

Dustin,Connor and gathje were his only finishes that matter and those were by subs because as everyone knows his striking is mediocre.

ask yourself a serious Question Khabib vs Jon Jones in a fight who wins?

What does Khabib have over 11 title defenses (14 title fights in all and won all of them in the course of 11 years) against former champions and legends? Or a double champ who’s dominated 6 years straight?

You become the goat through years of domination aka longevity not having 3 top level fights in 2 years then retiring only way he could possibly be the goat was if he went up to 175 spanked Usman (which he wouldn’t) and became double champ with ease like he did in 155 which would never happen. You’re trying to switch the conversation when everyone here has been talking who’s “the” goat so it’s like talking in circles. And I’m typing to much as it is but this is kinda fun

Edited by Jit

You can say you’re not a khabib fan but you’re pushing this narrative like theirs no one in the world that can beat him and that’s just untrue Every champion in a higher weight class than 155 would walk the dog on him. He’s still “A” great but he’s not “THE” greatest.

you just name, names. And think because he beat that guy that and that guy lost to that guy, that’s not how fights play out. And you also to fail to realize what weight classes are. For.

Edited by Jit

?? You're the one that brought up fighting in other weight classes. And they would both be the same weight class, unless you're saying dropping down a weight class makes you do better. And then you say Izzy would definitely win because he's bigger, but he's bigger than Jan too, and chose to remain lean, you're jumping all over the place trying to piece together a reason Khabib is not one of the best lol. Fought top contenders, and Khabib hasn't? RDA, Barboza, Poirier, Gaethje and McGregor are not/were not top contenders, alright. Whaat, first Blachowicz now Yoel Romero is a better wrestler than Khabib, oh my... I don't think you will find one person in UFC that agrees with you dawg, you might get banned from an MMA forum for trolling lol. I don't know, I don't watch many other sports, I hear people debate between Ronaldo, Neymar or Messi all the time though. That's literally the point, he started having exponential growth and dominating elite opponents, his potential was cut short and everyone saw it. Middleweight Khabib was already pushing it, now you want to talk about a heavyweight Khabib, and then you said I'm the one bringing up weight class, after I just compare them to their opponents lol?? The only opinino I have is that Ciryl Gane will beat Jon Jones because they're actual opponents. Outside of that I see Jon Jones and Khabib as equally skilled against their opponents, I think them along with GSP are all 3 the greatest. 

1 hour ago, Zachh said:

?? You're the one that brought up fighting in other weight classes. And they would both be the same weight class, unless you're saying dropping down a weight class makes you do better. And then you say Izzy would definitely win because he's bigger, but he's bigger than Jan too, and chose to remain lean, you're jumping all over the place trying to piece together a reason Khabib is not one of the best lol. Fought top contenders, and Khabib hasn't? RDA, Barboza, Poirier, Gaethje and McGregor are not/were not top contenders, alright. Whaat, first Blachowicz now Yoel Romero is a better wrestler than Khabib, oh my... I don't think you will find one person in UFC that agrees with you dawg, you might get banned from an MMA forum for trolling lol. I don't know, I don't watch many other sports, I hear people debate between Ronaldo, Neymar or Messi all the time though. That's literally the point, he started having exponential growth and dominating elite opponents, his potential was cut short and everyone saw it. Middleweight Khabib was already pushing it, now you want to talk about a heavyweight Khabib, and then you said I'm the one bringing up weight class, after I just compare them to their opponents lol?? The only opinino I have is that Ciryl Gane will beat Jon Jones because they're actual opponents. Outside of that I see Jon Jones and Khabib as equally skilled against their opponents, I think them along with GSP are all 3 the greatest. 

“Dropping down a weight makes you better” okay so you have 0 idea what cutting weight is and that fighters don’t just wake up and fight at the weight that they walk around in every day… okay you just continue to prove to me you have no idea what you’re talking about and clearly just have bias I’ll help educate you.

Conor McGregor fw/lw double champ. He’s lost 1 UFC Fight at 145/155 lbs (khabib) he’s 2-4 fighting at 170 lbs… Conor until recently walked around at 170 and was fighting guys who walked around at 155-60. When you cut from a heavier weight… you have strength advantages and you’re heavier body causes those lighter than you to fatigue quicker that’s called physiology, train in any combat mma sport… and get matched up with a guy who’s 25+ lbs heavier than you and you’ll see lol.

how is Izzy bigger than Jan when Jan fights at 205 walks around at 220. and Izzy at 185 and fought at about 200lbs …  You do realize just because you’re taller than them that doesn’t make you bigger… btw Izzy is only 2 inches taller than Jan. Make it make sense on how he’s bigger than Jan please.

theirs no way you think Khabib would go up into a weight class of people who walk around at 205+ pounds and throw them around like he does 155 light weights. You’re the troll. And by better i should of worded it better as you’re the type to look for any and everything to knit pick at without reading entirely, I meant heavier wrestlers. Look at Yoel Romero… do you really think Khabib is throwing him around.

Honestly think you just refuse to read.

I very CLEARLY multiple times said “khabib is one of the goats not THE goat” You’re literally a wall lol.

also I literally said nothing about middleweight. I also clearly said welterweight (170lbs Kamaru Usman)

You saying khabib will beat him is exposing enough… when EVERYONE including even Dana White says he’s (Usman) the best ever, then Kamaru just did an interview where he himself said without the allegations Jon Jones is the best ever.

you say I’m scrambling to piece together things… you’re scrambling to read and comprehend.

You have major regency bias and it shows.

Edited by Jit

1 hour ago, Zachh said:

RDA, Barboza, Poirier, Gaethje and McGregor

you refuse to read… I LITERALLY just said these names when mentioning who khabib has fought lol…

“Ronaldo, Neymar or Messi all the time though.”

Yeah… you don’t watch football either no one who actually watches the sport says Neymar is one of the greats he’s never even been the best player on any of his teams ever.… 

Messi just won his 2nd straight ballon d'or (best player in the world) would of been 3rd but Covid making that his 7th (most ever) Ronaldo has won 5… Neymar 0.

Edited by Jit

What are you saying, you're talking as if dropping weight classes makes you better and now you're saying I said it and that I don't know what cutting weight is, I don't even know what you're saying anymore. What... he lost two more times in lightweight against Poirier... I really don't know what you're saying anymore. Brother, you should check the analytics, most people who change weights do not have very different results, no matter if they go up or down, weight cutting harder doesn't magically make you better, you just feel even more like shit most of the time. Like who is a recent example we saw go down in weight, didn't Diego Sanchez go down and get his ass kicked and went right back up? Or if you even want to use what you're talking about right now as an example, Conor doing well at 170 and then going down to 155 and getting destroyed by Khabib + Dustin x2 lol. I just said he chooses to remain lean, he could have a transformation like Jon Jones if he wanted to, like how is he going to defend a LHW title if he won it? Instead you're making excuses about how LHW isn't fair for him, let alone a guy who is 6'4 lol. He thought he was too good against wrestling, like how you're acting. You're all over the place trying to glue the pieces together here lol as if he was forced to go for double champ in another weight, and then he wouldn't have to defend it, and then be like "well it was unfair for him to fight at a weight that's normal for his size.. Jan has the advantage.." lmfao what.. He would if they met half way at a reasonable weight, not in a world where he becomes obese trying to add 50 pounds, next we're going to be talking about who would win Brandon Moreno vs Derrick Lewis lol. Yes, but you think the goat means who could kick each other's ass, of course a heavyweight will always be the goat then, that's why you think Jon Jones is the goat and why most of the mma community disagrees with you and thinks Khabib is the goat. Recency bias, bro what....... Jon Jones and Khabib both just fought last year, they're like the same age too...... Yes, I just said I don't watch football lol

1 hour ago, Zachh said:

What are you saying, you're talking as if dropping weight classes makes you better and now you're saying I said it and that I don't know what cutting weight is, I don't even know what you're saying anymore. What... he lost two more times in lightweight against Poirier... I really don't know what you're saying anymore. Brother, you should check the analytics, most people who change weights do not have very different results, no matter if they go up or down, weight cutting harder doesn't magically make you better, you just feel even more like shit most of the time. Like who is a recent example we saw go down in weight, didn't Diego Sanchez go down and get his ass kicked and went right back up? Or if you even want to use what you're talking about right now as an example, Conor doing well at 170 and then going down to 155 and getting destroyed by Khabib + Dustin x2 lol. I just said he chooses to remain lean, he could have a transformation like Jon Jones if he wanted to, like how is he going to defend a LHW title if he won it? Instead you're making excuses about how LHW isn't fair for him, let alone a guy who is 6'4 lol. He thought he was too good against wrestling, like how you're acting. You're all over the place trying to glue the pieces together here lol as if he was forced to go for double champ in another weight, and then he wouldn't have to defend it, and then be like "well it was unfair for him to fight at a weight that's normal for his size.. Jan has the advantage.." lmfao what.. He would if they met half way at a reasonable weight, not in a world where he becomes obese trying to add 50 pounds, next we're going to be talking about who would win Brandon Moreno vs Derrick Lewis lol. Yes, but you think the goat means who could kick each other's ass, of course a heavyweight will always be the goat then, that's why you think Jon Jones is the goat and why most of the mma community disagrees with you and thinks Khabib is the goat. Recency bias, bro what....... Jon Jones and Khabib both just fought last year, they're like the same age too...... Yes, I just said I don't watch football lol

Yeah, this isn't going anywhere. You refuse to read and then talk in circles and completely switch my words around. I did not say Connor did well at 170 "he’s 2-4 fighting at 170 lbs" (He's actually 2-1 in 170)

I'm not about to argue with you.

UFC fighters all say Jon would be the undisputed goat if he didn't have these allegations and shit against him, that's why it's a conversation. Theirs a literally poll vote in the MMA reddit that says Jon has the better career. Even Dana White has said Jon Jones is the goat lol.

You're talking in circles, guy.

"Yes, but you think the goat means who could kick each other's ass" 

Again another comment without any context.

Convince me why Khabib 3 fight streak of top opponents (Connor,Dustin,Garathje) is better than Jon Jones 14 title defenses, 18 fight win streak (and still going), which has lasted for over a decade. How does 3 fights in 2 years as a champ make you the goat. Explain that to me, I don't want to talk about anything else.

Edited by Jit

You didn't say it but I did, because he did, seems it's you who didn't know weight classes well.. Kind of losing attention, I think you're the one trying to argue with the essays, I just wanted a discussion and was explaining why everyone says Khabib is the best. Don't disagree, as I said I can't differentiate who is better. That's Jon Jones' argument for why he's the goat, on top of the fact that he fucked up Daniel Cormier, and then of course the argument against him is peds/controversies. I pretty much said Khabib's side, becoming exponentially better, dominating top opponents in a stacked division, comes into his last fight weighed down by his dad's death and still, lets an easy submission go to not beat his opponent graphically in front of his family, goes for a harder submission and gets that anyway. (Who does that, let alone in a championship fight) And then usually the argument against him is he didn't fight long enough or he's boring/wrestler. 

On 12/3/2021 at 9:13 PM, Jit said:

What does Khabib have over 11 title defenses (14 title fights in all and won all of them in the course of 11 years) against former champions and legends? Or a double champ who’s dominated 6 years straight?

You still refuse to answer or say anything valuable 

You're the GOAT through longevity and lengthy domination. 

Not 3 fights  as a champion in 2 years and leaving.

" dominating top opponents in a stacked division"

Also LW is not stacked.

Jon Jones did the same thing and LHW was 10x more stacked than LW, LW was a joke until Connor made it what it was. What does Garethje family have to do with anything Like you're literally just saying anything you can, Jon Jones has double the amount of finish wins than Khabib so that does not help your case at all.

"explaining why everyone says Khabib is the best"

You bring up random people on forums and social media sites like you and me and think that solidifies anything as facts, when I'm literally naming credible sources within UFC...

Stop saying that shit, I will post countless links of former/current Champions and Dana White himself as well as retired Legends saying Jon Jones is the GOAT.

ESPN did a poll and Jon Jones won it. Who is this Everyone that you speak of? The Average 2019 UFC fan? That's not the community.

Nothing you've said is convincing.

"(Who does that, let alone in a championship fight) "

Lol who else wins 14 championship fights? Not Khabib.

Edited by Jit

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 7:17 AM, Jit said:

“Dropping down a weight makes you better” okay so you have 0 idea what cutting weight is and that fighters don’t just wake up and fight at the weight that they walk around in every day…

Colby strongly disagrees with that lmao

On 12/5/2021 at 5:01 AM, Jit said:

" dominating top opponents in a stacked division"

Also LW is not stacked.

LW was stacked though, still is in a way. Back when Khabib battered Conor, majority considered LW to be the most stacked division in the UFC. Regardless, I agree with you Khabib hasn't done enough to be called the GOAT, maybe/probably GOAT of LW but defo not P4P.

On 12/12/2021 at 5:03 AM, Jit said:

Amanda just got her ass whooped 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Bound to happen eventually, you can't stay on top forever (bar Jones), I can see Amanda taking that belt back in style though

On 1/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, Mikee said:

Adesanya, what do you think about him?

Great fighter, exciting striking and, contrary to what some people say, pleasure to watch. This whole narrative about Izzy being a boring fighter is ridiculous, Chandler asking Izzy to do more and not spar and that champs don't have to do much nowadays was just stupid af. Izzy landed more strikes against Rob, defended takedowns and the ones he didn't defend, Rob literally did nothing. Anyone saying Rob got robbed is just a fanboy, for real. Can't see anyone beating Izzy at MW anytime soon.

4 hours ago, vis said:

LW was stacked though, still is in a way. Back when Khabib battered Conor, majority considered LW to be the most stacked division in the UFC. Regardless, I agree with you Khabib hasn't done enough to be called the GOAT, maybe/probably GOAT of LW but defo not P4P.

Bound to happen eventually, you can't stay on top forever (bar Jones), I can see Amanda taking that belt back in style though

Great fighter, exciting striking and, contrary to what some people say, pleasure to watch. This whole narrative about Izzy being a boring fighter is ridiculous, Chandler asking Izzy to do more and not spar and that champs don't have to do much nowadays was just stupid af. Izzy landed more strikes against Rob, defended takedowns and the ones he didn't defend, Rob literally did nothing. Anyone saying Rob got robbed is just a fanboy, for real. Can't see anyone beating Izzy at MW anytime soon.

🤣🤣 only fan boys think Robbie won that fight

On 2/19/2022 at 8:15 PM, vis said:

Solid points, I do honestly feel LW was mainly TOP heavy especially after the Connor vs Khabib fight is when the guys at the top started making the gap between them and the rest of the division longer and longer, as in if you weren't the top guys known in the division you weren't much of a contender, 

I honestly hate how fanned out UFC can be, guys like khamzat chimaev who has 0 noticeable wins has at least 90% of the UFC (probably a higher amount as the real fans numbers lessen by the day) thinking that he can wake up and beat Izzy tomorrow at Middle Weight.

Colby walks around at his fight weight? No way? I could of sworn I seen somewhere where he was walking around 190+?

I love Izzy honestly, Hopefully he gets that LWH belt and bounces, don't want to see him fight Jon Jones AT ALL. It'll be like vs Jan the 1st time but x 9000

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 12:48 AM, Jit said:

Solid points, I do honestly feel LW was mainly TOP heavy especially after the Connor vs Khabib fight is when the guys at the top started making the gap between them and the rest of the division longer and longer, as in if you weren't the top guys known in the division you weren't much of a contender, 

I honestly hate how fanned out UFC can be, guys like khamzat chimaev who has 0 noticeable wins has at least 90% of the UFC (probably a higher amount as the real fans numbers lessen by the day) thinking that he can wake up and beat Izzy tomorrow at Middle Weight.

Colby walks around at his fight weight? No way? I could of sworn I seen somewhere where he was walking around 190+?

I love Izzy honestly, Hopefully he gets that LWH belt and bounces, don't want to see him fight Jon Jones AT ALL. It'll be like vs Jan the 1st time but x 9000

What really made LW stacked for me was the fact there was like 5+ guys good enough to hold the belt, and that still applies to certain extent as lightweight is much more competitive than other divisions.

It's not just the UFC mate, every sport is like that, you always have that one guy all fans love. Khamzat is a massive hypetrain but he's been impressive so far, yeah he hasn't beaten any top fighters yet but the way he's been winning his fights is just extraordinary. He's scheduled to fight Burns now so will see how that one goes, it will be a career defining fight for him in a way.

Colby's natural weight is somewhere between 175-180, so he almost doesn't cut anything, and he said it himself as well then it was confirmed by reporters/fighters I believe. Got loads of respect for him because of that.

I don't see Izzy getting the LWH belt tbf, I'd rather for him to stick around at MM and dominate, he's got the potential to get really close Silva's record. I don't think Bones will come back to the octagon either unless he's really prepping for HW but it's just been so long since the last time he fought I lost all the hope lmao

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 8:24 AM, vis said:

What really made LW stacked for me was the fact there was like 5+ guys good enough to hold the belt, and that still applies to certain extent as lightweight is much more competitive than other divisions.

It's not just the UFC mate, every sport is like that, you always have that one guy all fans love. Khamzat is a massive hypetrain but he's been impressive so far, yeah he hasn't beaten any top fighters yet but the way he's been winning his fights is just extraordinary. He's scheduled to fight Burns now so will see how that one goes, it will be a career defining fight for him in a way.

Colby's natural weight is somewhere between 175-180, so he almost doesn't cut anything, and he said it himself as well then it was confirmed by reporters/fighters I believe. Got loads of respect for him because of that.

I don't see Izzy getting the LWH belt tbf, I'd rather for him to stick around at MM and dominate, he's got the potential to get really close Silva's record. I don't think Bones will come back to the octagon either unless he's really prepping for HW but it's just been so long since the last time he fought I lost all the hope lmao

Nah, I know  it’s every sport but it’s usually always the UFC more than others. Theirs a 10+ minute video on YouTube called “UFC Hypetrains getting destroyed”

if Izzy wants to beat Jan he can’t fight him to a decision otherwise if he loses again it’ll be bad for his legacy imo

its funny you told me that information about Colby just the other day I just seen a video of him saying he doesn’t cut made me think about ur comment.

speaking of I get the vibe you’re pretty into the UFC.

what’s your take on the masvidal aftermath? Honestly embarrassing imo for him getting smashed in the ring then getting arrested cus he’s salty.

I used to hate Colby but now I’m a fan hopefully he gets to face and ends poriers career.

5 hours ago, Jit said:

Nah, I know  it’s every sport but it’s usually always the UFC more than others. Theirs a 10+ minute video on YouTube called “UFC Hypetrains getting destroyed”

if Izzy wants to beat Jan he can’t fight him to a decision otherwise if he loses again it’ll be bad for his legacy imo

its funny you told me that information about Colby just the other day I just seen a video of him saying he doesn’t cut made me think about ur comment.

what’s your take on the masvidal aftermath? Honestly embarrassing imo for him getting smashed in the ring then getting arrested cus he’s salty.

I used to hate Colby but now I’m a fan hopefully he gets to face and ends poriers career.

i'm never watching a masvidal fight again. stayed up till 8am to see that shitfest of a fight. now i just dislike both of em.

On 3/23/2022 at 7:41 AM, trouble.maker said:

i'm never watching a masvidal fight again. stayed up till 8am to see that shitfest of a fight. now i just dislike both of em.

ufc is just in a different era the money is increasing so guys don’t wanna take as much damage anymore so they can keep fighting and you can’t fight like a swing heavy zombie to win anymore. Technical strikers/wrestlers rule the octagon now and guys who just stand and try to box have almost 0 chance now.

it can be less enjoyable depending on how much you’re actually into and understand combat fighting.

I actually liked seeing masvidal get smacked around the cage for 25 mins and seeing how gassed he was while trying to talk shit and Colby looked fresh.

he going out extremely sad now

On 3/23/2022 at 6:31 AM, Jit said:

I think it's more visible in the UFC purely because there's less people competing vs other sports, like if you think about it there's new Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar in football almost every few months, then they go missing. Also, let me guess, Giga and Till are in the video? 😂

I don't think Izzy has the KO power to do Jan or Jiri like that and I don't see Glover keeping that belt for too long, although if he does it'll be a great story.

Got mad respect for Masvidal for his backyard fights back in the day (loved Kimbo for that as well), but as a fighter he isn't anything special. Didn't deserve second fight against Usman, only got it because he's a draw, and he's only a draw because he landed a lucky knee against Askren. I know plenty of fans dislike Ben but man he probably would've won that fight had it gone to the ground.

As for the post-fight confrontation, Jorge got absolutely mauled in the fight so he just comes across as salty, ngl. Colby didn't even really say anything about his kids, only that Jorge is a bad dad, but I might have missed something.

I like Poirier, he's a nice guy, never really starts shit anymore only responds when he gets called out but I don't see him winning with Colby, I'll be definitely rooting for Dustin but he would be a huge underdog in that fight, IMO.

5 hours ago, vis said:

I think it's more visible in the UFC purely because there's less people competing vs other sports, like if you think about it there's new Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar in football almost every few months, then they go missing. Also, let me guess, Giga and Till are in the video? 😂

I don't think Izzy has the KO power to do Jan or Jiri like that and I don't see Glover keeping that belt for too long, although if he does it'll be a great story.

Got mad respect for Masvidal for his backyard fights back in the day (loved Kimbo for that as well), but as a fighter he isn't anything special. Didn't deserve second fight against Usman, only got it because he's a draw, and he's only a draw because he landed a lucky knee against Askren. I know plenty of fans dislike Ben but man he probably would've won that fight had it gone to the ground.

As for the post-fight confrontation, Jorge got absolutely mauled in the fight so he just comes across as salty, ngl. Colby didn't even really say anything about his kids, only that Jorge is a bad dad, but I might have missed something.

I like Poirier, he's a nice guy, never really starts shit anymore only responds when he gets called out but I don't see him winning with Colby, I'll be definitely rooting for Dustin but he would be a huge underdog in that fight, IMO.

Ben Askren you mean the guy who broke Masvidals knee with his face? Same guy who broke jake Paul’s hand with the same face? The same guy who purposely let Maia choke him out because he knew he was scared of his iron face??? THE GREATEST FIGHTER THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN? HATED? Ben is the peoples champ… and a better wrestler than khabib a more technical striker than Izzy and more knockout power than Ngannou.

Yeah man I’m gonna have to question your UFC knowledge now…

Edited by Jit

8 hours ago, Jit said:

Ben Askren you mean the guy who broke Masvidals knee with his face? Same guy who broke jake Paul’s hand with the same face? The same guy who purposely let Maia choke him out because he knew he was scared of his iron face??? THE GREATEST FIGHTER THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN? HATED? Ben is the peoples champ… and a better wrestler than khabib a more technical striker than Izzy and more knockout power than Ngannou.

Yeah man I’m gonna have to question your UFC knowledge now…

Sorry but Ben was a WW champion in Bellator and ONE, submitted Lawler in his first UFC fight, then lost to Masvidal, Maia and retired. Out of his 2 L's, the one against Masvidal was just really unlucky, whilst losing to Maia isn't exactly an embarrassment. Bear in mind Maia's losses where against the likes of Usman, Cov or Burns and he's getting closer to the retirement now as well. Also, he beat Masvidal.

There's no need for the hyperbole, Ben would've never been a WW champion in the UFC but I'm sure as hell he would've wrestled the shit out of Masvidal. He's a meme know and I always appreciate good banter but let's not forget Ben was actually a very good MMA fighter. Didn't stand a chance against Jake Paul though. Ben couldn't strike/box to save his life whilst JP is an amateur boxer, much bigger and taller than Ben as well. Also, the state of Ben's body when he turned up for the weigh in.. LOL. Just an easy paycheck and a chance to become relevant once again. 

3 hours ago, vis said:

Sorry but Ben was a WW champion in Bellator and ONE, submitted Lawler in his first UFC fight, then lost to Masvidal, Maia and retired. Out of his 2 L's, the one against Masvidal was just really unlucky, whilst losing to Maia isn't exactly an embarrassment. Bear in mind Maia's losses where against the likes of Usman, Cov or Burns and he's getting closer to the retirement now as well. Also, he beat Masvidal.

There's no need for the hyperbole, Ben would've never been a WW champion in the UFC but I'm sure as hell he would've wrestled the shit out of Masvidal. He's a meme know and I always appreciate good banter but let's not forget Ben was actually a very good MMA fighter. Didn't stand a chance against Jake Paul though. Ben couldn't strike/box to save his life whilst JP is an amateur boxer, much bigger and taller than Ben as well. Also, the state of Ben's body when he turned up for the weigh in.. LOL. Just an easy paycheck and a chance to become relevant once again. 

Ah, I see you took my comment seriously. Awkward …  thought you’d  get it was a meme comment 

On 3/25/2022 at 3:31 PM, Jit said:

Ah, I see you took my comment seriously. Awkward …  thought you’d  get it was a meme comment 

I mean.. I knew you were taking the piss in the first paragraph but the way you ended it, I thought you were just being sarcastic and assumed I was overhyping Ben, which wasn't my intention at all 😂

Yan confirmed he's landed in the US and will be ready for his fight with Aljo, that card is looking fire so far IMO.