The Church & You! Q&A

melt city

@FatherAlexav , third year seminarian at the Greek Catholic Church alongside other members of Christian faith have founded the San Andreas Greek Catholic Church. Our purpose as a faction is to provide a community for civilians and illegal and legal characters. Our priority is to be community oriented. We're in the process of discussing the faction's role on LSRP with the Faction Team, laying the foundation of another roleplay opportunity.

We've opened this topic so we could answer to your feedback and suggestions

Short Q&A,

Why the Greek Catholic Church?

Although our real life counterpart, Los Angeles, is mostly Roman Catholic and non-denominal Christian, in order to provide a genuine religious environment we've decided to practice the Byzantine Rite since FatherAlexav is highly knowledgeable of it. We're happy to answer your questions about this Christian denomination.

What are our future plans?

We're planing to open a clinic/hospital and a charity, these are our current projects.

What about corruption?

We don't intend to get involved criminally, although there may be future cases of bureaucratic corruption throughout our interactions with the Government and illegal factions. We're not allowing criminal priests or religious zealots, though, it is in our member's right to develop their characters however they want, it's not unlikely for the members of the clergy to engage in immoral actions or to have personal opinions that don't conform with the Church.

What do we expect from you?

Our expectations from the community are not pretentious. We'd like some common sense from the members, that means avoiding church shootings, violence or disruption during mass, extortion and trolling.

Also, don't forget to check out our Faction Topic.

Edited by melt city
  • Love 5

• 4 months later...

Will y'all do in-game liturgies or just general church roleplay?

I'm also unfamiliar with the juridical organization of the Eastern Catholic Church. Would, for example, the Eastern Catholic Church fall under the jurisdiction of the local Roman-rite bishop or does it fall under a separate system of Metropolitans/Bishops in the Eastern rite?

• Love 1

Y'ello there. My character is running Government's Cultural Affairs Office when the server launches. We'll be responsible for organising events, observing religious festivals, and supporting events that people organise (provided they fit within certain criteria). I reckon there'll be plenty of opportunities for us to have roleplay together, provided you guys are still active with this idea. I can send you some more details over PM but yeah - wishing you good luck with this one 🙂

• Love 1

Sal 

Ex-staff

On 10/9/2021 at 5:06 PM, melt city said:

Why the Greek Catholic Church?

Although our real life counterpart, Los Angeles, is mostly Roman Catholic and non-denominal Christian, in order to provide a genuine religious environment we've decided to practice the Byzantine Rite since FatherAlexav is highly knowledgeable of it. We're happy to answer your questions about this Christian denomination.

My only criticism is you've now limited yourselves to a very small minority of players.

• Thumbs 1
  • OK 1

On 2/22/2022 at 2:46 AM, Ryan said:

Will y'all do in-game liturgies or just general church roleplay?

I'm also unfamiliar with the juridical organization of the Eastern Catholic Church. Would, for example, the Eastern Catholic Church fall under the jurisdiction of the local Roman-rite bishop or does it fall under a separate system of Metropolitans/Bishops in the Eastern rite?

Greeting.

Of course we will do the liturgical service in the game (Byzantine) and we will celebrate the sacraments (so, I am waiting for you for marriage, baptisms, funerals, etc.). We will try to make a list for the transition to our church and we will assure you that you will know the eastern rite as much as possible. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to have a fixed (interior) space so quickly, but we're trying to get by and we have the support of the staff.

The Eastern Catholic Church (such as the Byzantine one, which we practice) has its own code, it is independent of the Latin Church, in terms of regulations related to the celebration of the rite.  If we are to refer to the hierarchical functions, of course a Greek Catholic bishop takes precedence over a Roman Catholic bishop in celebration of the liturgical service and at the same time, the bishop of another rite cannot administer the Eastern rite.  However, being the same (Catholic) church, all the rights and authority of the bishops are recognized, regardless of the rite. So, for example, if a Roman Catholic archbishop is invited by the bishop of the diocese of San Andreas to a Mass, the one who will be the greatest will be the Roman Catholic archbishop (Having the position of archbishop).

For more information I am waiting for you on discord. At the same time, if you are interested in contributing to the faction, I am waiting for you with a message on discord or here in private!

https://discord.gg/N8vtFCqqvx

• OK 1

9 hours ago, Allegra said:

Y'ello there. My character is running Government's Cultural Affairs Office when the server launches. We'll be responsible for organising events, observing religious festivals, and supporting events that people organise (provided they fit within certain criteria). I reckon there'll be plenty of opportunities for us to have roleplay together, provided you guys are still active with this idea. I can send you some more details over PM but yeah - wishing you good luck with this one 🙂

We certainly want government support. Thank you very much. The church works a lot with the government and needs the help of the government n fact, we know that large institutions (such as hospitals, schools) arose because of the Church. So, I think we could have a nice collaboration. 

Edited by FatherAlexav