Tipping Culture

fifu92336

Hey.

Tipping is deeply ingrained in the culture of the United States, and it plays a significant role in service industries. I often notice that it's missing on the server and a lot of people tend to ignore it in situations where it wouldn't be possible to avoid. By incorporating tipping into our roleplay experience, we can add an extra layer of authenticity to our virtual society. Here are a few points to consider for preserving tipping culture in the server:

1. Realism and Immersion: Our primary goal is to create an engaging and lifelike environment. By encouraging and practicing tipping, we can enhance the realism of our roleplay experience, aligning it with the practices of the real world. Tipping can contribute to the sense of immersion and make interactions between players more authentic.
  2. Acknowledging Exceptional Service: Tipping serves as a way to acknowledge and reward outstanding service. It can motivate players to excel in their respective roles, whether they are portraying waiters, taxi drivers, or any other service provider. By incentivizing exceptional performance, we can foster a culture of dedication and quality within our community.
  3. Economic Balance: Implementing tipping mechanisms can have a positive impact on the server's economy. It can create a system where players have additional earning opportunities based on the quality of their service. This dynamic can promote economic balance, as players can choose roles based on their desired income potential, thereby creating a more dynamic and diverse in-game society.

Personally, I think the way tipping is done in the US is bullshit and it should've never have gotten to the level it's currently at (check this video). Tipping is out of control there.

However this is about keeping it realistic on LSRP. A big part of the playerbase is European, so for us tipping is not as important than it is in North Ameria, but we should consider it due to the setting of LSRP.

What do y'all think?

Edited by fifu92336

1 minute ago, FatSam121 said:

But is it the LAW to tip. Or is it just an accepted thing?

Personally I normally pay a tip. But I don't think people should be forced to.

It's an unofficial rule in most cases irl. You're really frowned upon if you don't tip. Happens a lot at bars, restaurants etc where staff is underpaid and needs tips to survive (employer's fault, but happens all the time).

9 minutes ago, fifu92336 said:

It's an unofficial rule in most cases irl. You're really frowned upon if you don't tip. Happens a lot at bars, restaurants etc where staff is underpaid and needs tips to survive (employer's fault, but happens all the time).

I understand this.

But just because its a socially accepted thing doesn't mean it should be made a LAW or OOC rule is my point.

3 minutes ago, FatSam121 said:

I understand this.

But just because its a socially accepted thing doesn't mean it should be made a LAW or OOC rule is my point.

Agree. I never mentioned it should become a rule. Just launched this discussion so people can become aware it's a thing that's extremely widespread in the US.