Play Your Own Music, URL.

Play your own Music  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to play your own music on boombox's through urls?

• Yes, I support option 1 or 2
    • No

21 hours ago, Xanakin said:

Playing a random playlist off YouTube isn't DJ'ing; even if you use software to stream it you're just basically ripping someone else their mix.
Sadly most players doesn't see that what we for example did on SAMP was actually manually done, live on the spot.
You'd also be surprised how easy and often something easy to abuse will be taken advantage of, we as an admin team don't want to spend time handling reports regarding players playing explicit noises etc. while we could've invested time and effort into something else.

Music can be heard from outside of vehicles, at least in the current test build - including custom streams. Meaning all it takes is 1 vehicle stationed playing disturbing noises.

I'm indeed more a fan of being able to control what group/faction gets a perk of some sorts, so they'd be able to play a certain link to their stream etc. - however that can be requested by anyone already, just to get their XMR stations added in-game just like we had on SAMP.

I already commented on Socrates comment earlier: " Dj's don't just look for tracks on youtube but it's the most simple thing to do in real life, which is play your own music at your convenience. " That's when I mentioned Update: Option 2 and put it at the top of this topic section for others to read as I thought it was the easiest solution to overcome any potential problems. I also understand that you were a DJ on LSRP Samp as well and by denying this for other players to play url music through Option 2, you'd be benefiting from it since the only way for players to listen to their music with friends in-game would be through you or other DJ's only. It should be easier for other players to listen to their own music when they want, in my opinion. Player/Company examples: I shouldn't have to pay a DJ or make a request for your XMR channel to play Beethoven for 3 hours straight just because my library is opening for customers to come in or my 5 star restaurant and I want 5 hours of /certain/ piano music to play for customers to give off a high-rating restaurant experience. 

Regarding music being able to be heard outside of vehicles during the test build, it'd have to be tested with Update Option 2/urls and I'm sure it could be changed if necessary. I also still want XMR stations by the way but I also want to have easy access to play my own, I feel like every player should be able to and would prefer that along with a rule section regarding setstation rules/explicit noises to inform players of possible punishments. 

19 hours ago, yekim said:

sanitize inputs properly and give players a quick-client side toggle to mute stations. other communities do this just fine and if a beloved server with dozens of admins and testers cant find the time to teleport to someone playing explicit content, listen for 5 second, ban them and then leave then idk lol

I agree with this, a simple /togstation command should exist so players can block certain types of music they don't want to hear at their own convenience as we had on samp. I'm also sure that if any issues did arise regarding explicit music playing that admins could handle it and take the appropriate time to do so, though these issues would be quite rare and limited if we went with the Option 2 I mentioned in the first post.  

Edited by Natasha Valentine

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

4 hours ago, Xanakin said:

I can tell you haven't played on the SAMP server or at least never bothered with XMR stations.

We've had a system on SAMP where people could play their own streams through an XM station (/setstation).
All they had to do was create their own server host with an auto DJ, free and paid variants are available matter of searching, and then requesting the XM stream to be added in-game; all players could do this.

You also never seen the amount of reports coming in, ranging from simple requests to serious situations such as Deathmatching; last thing we want to do is waste time and effort on someone playing explicit noises from a radio.

Your suggestion is just like we had on SAMP, something that still is in place, however handled through the Forums back then. 

Do your research before you start calling people ''selfish as fuck''.

it's nice of you, as an admin, to try and belittle my experience like this. very professional! and fyi i've played LSRP since 2009, and have had multiple XMRs through my time on the server so i'm fully aware of how it all works thanks. your idea that easier access to URL streaming will diminish DJ RP came off as very gatekeepery, especially when you plan to rp a DJ yourself. we don't all revolve around your niche form of roleplay and there's dozens of other applications for widened XMR usage - something entirely possible now with correct sanitation and checks

hell, put the ability to stream directly from different URLs behind a paywall for all i care but if we take this approach that everything must be babied by admins 24/7 then nothing is gonna get implemented

Edited by yekim
  • Thumbs 2
  • OK 1
  • Strong 1

You shouldn't need to be able to DJ to be RP as a DJ. Much like you shouldn't need to be a cop, lawyer, doctor or gangster to play as such.

Potential security risks and abuse is fair, but gatekeeping because a small group of people want to OOC DJ isn't cool.

• Thumbs 1