A poll, to return to SAMP or not.

BuckMans

A poll to bring back SAMP  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants to return to SAMP? where 100+ people use to play, relatively daily?

• SAMP
    • Nah, I wanna play alone where no one plays on GTA 5 LSRP

Lets return to SAMP, lets face the fact that; it is much more fun than GTA 5 RP, especially with text based servers.

The fist fights are better.

The Police Chases are significantly more fun and more challenging, its so easy to hide in GTA 5.

Gang wars are just better on SAMP.

Territory claiming is more simple and people actually care about it; unlike in GTA 5 RP, you claim a spot and NO ONE drives through that area, unlike in SAMP how they do relatively consistently.

The job systems ARE better and a whole lot of fun. 

The LAG is significantly less.

The view distance is way more efficient and actually works more than the terrible render distance GTA 5 has.

The mechanics on your character are more fluid and less wanky and slow, unlike in GTA 5.

You can custom edit properties on the interior and exterior easily on SAMP.

And the feeling is just overall more enjoyable than it is on GTA 5.

Leave GTA 5 to the FiveM VOIP servers with 12 year old sherriffs telling you to get out of the vehicle.

Edited by BuckMans

There's also been countless threads/people asking for the SAMP server to return yet people fail to see the logistical cost in it. Running a SAMP server wasn't cheap, especially with the protection needed. Towards the end of the SAMP server, it had very little players and those who wish to return to SAMP are simply there for nostaligic reasons, I doubt it would see anywhere near 100+ players - I also dare say if the server had kept a solid playerbase on SAMP, it probably would still be open alongside the GTA V one. It's literally what Imperium said, and Martin, it's a barebones script for the community to decide what gets added. 

And its not expensive to run a GTA 5 server? that requires the server to able to run a DX11 video game? get out of town.

Before SAMP LSRP shut down the server was still seeing 100 so players and was still loved and played, nostalgic or not; people would return and want to play on SAMP,  because the action and RP scenarios are just, better.

GTA 5 looks pretty but it lacks the mechanics and capability to be an enjoyable RP experience.

It does a good job of entertaining the people who enjoy ERP though, with the pretty pretty ladies and environments.

11 minutes ago, BuckMans said:

And its not expensive to run a GTA 5 server? that requires the server to able to run a DX11 video game? get out of town.

Before SAMP LSRP shut down the server was still seeing 100 so players and was still loved and played, nostalgic or not; people would return and want to play on SAMP,  because the action and RP scenarios are just, better.

GTA 5 looks pretty but it lacks the mechanics and capability to be an enjoyable RP experience.

It does a good job of entertaining the people who enjoy ERP though, with the pretty pretty ladies and environments.

in what world did lsrp have 100 players before closing? lmao

8 minutes ago, BuckMans said:

I never said it didn't but running two servers, paying for both isn't a financially smart move, in my eyes. 

8 minutes ago, BuckMans said:

Before SAMP LSRP shut down the server was still seeing 100

Towards the end, the server barely peaked 20, you may be mistaken and it was towards the end of lockdown when the server last saw 100, at least to what I remember. I'd also have to argue your second point as not being the case. People outgrew SAMP, got better machines which can handle more graphic intense games and generally got bored of SAMP as a whole. There's still servers which do well but those are Russian servers and there's not many English RP servers which have a high playerbase, to what I know, I could be mistaken though. If you read through the points Imperium made on the first link I posted, he pretty much sums it up. 

1 minute ago, izumi said:

I never said it didn't but running two servers, paying for both isn't a financially smart move, in my eyes. 

Towards the end, the server barely peaked 20, you may be mistaken and it was towards the end of lockdown when the server last saw 100, at least to what I remember. I'd also have to argue your second point as not being the case. People outgrew SAMP, got better machines which can handle more graphic intense games and generally got bored of SAMP as a whole. There's still servers which do well but those are Russian servers and there's not many English RP servers which have a high playerbase, to what I know, I could be mistaken though. If you read through the points Imperium made on the first link I posted, he pretty much sums it up. 

It cannot be any more dead than GTA 5 LSRP is in its current state. Regardless of high end machines, people would still return to SAMP.

1 minute ago, Wrld999 said:

SAMP is dead and gone my boy. Cherish the memories but we got to move on. 

Reject modernity, as you can see; it doesn't treat us right. GTA 5 RP is absolute dog ass; there is more talking on the forums on how to make GTA 5 RP better, instead of actual RP on the GTA 5 RP server.

On samp, There was more RP on the server and less talking about how to get the server to work.

Edited by BuckMans

1 hour ago, BuckMans said:

Lets return to SAMP, lets face the fact that; it is much more fun than GTA 5 RP, especially with text based servers.

The fist fights are better.

The Police Chases are significantly more fun and more challenging, its so easy to hide in GTA 5.

Gang wars are just better on SAMP.

Territory claiming is more simple and people actually care about it; unlike in GTA 5 RP, you claim a spot and NO ONE drives through that area, unlike in SAMP how they do relatively consistently.

The job systems ARE better and a whole lot of fun. 

The LAG is significantly less.

The view distance is way more efficient and actually works more than the terrible render distance GTA 5 has.

The mechanics on your character are more fluid and less wanky and slow, unlike in GTA 5.

You can custom edit properties on the interior and exterior easily on SAMP.

And the feeling is just overall more enjoyable than it is on GTA 5.

Leave GTA 5 to the FiveM VOIP servers with 12 year old sherriffs telling you to get out of the vehicle.

FREE YOUR HEART FOR GTA V LSRP BRO 
EMBRACE YOURSELF
ACCEPT DESTINY

Edited by HIVE.MIND

a9wQGYD.png      bBlHF72.pngj6wIKHj.png

6 minutes ago, HIVE.MIND said:

try outsmart em, don't live in the past, let it go and you will have fun

but its not fun, people spend more time on the forum talking about how to make it fun or what they can change to make people want to play?

I'm not alone on this, I know i'm not, the SAMP votes will come in, eventually.

9 minutes ago, BuckMans said:

but its not fun, people spend more time on the forum talking about how to make it fun or what they can change to make people want to play?

I'm not alone on this, I know i'm not, the SAMP votes will come in, eventually.

votes wont change anything
only if people manage their mindset towards gta v they can enjoy

i was skeptical too, but so far I am really enjoying SanAndreas was good back then... it is 2023 time to move on

a9wQGYD.png      bBlHF72.pngj6wIKHj.png

• Lead Developer

I prefer SA-MP but the SA-MP LSRP script is a culmination of works by many people, works that cannot be shared without the permission of those that wrote it. As such, none of our current dev team would be able to develop it anymore. 

It's not happening, ever, unfortunately. 

• izumi locked this topic