The SAMP Server....

K A P O

Maybe just get ready for GTA6 RP? I mean.. Why dig in the past when we can get ready for the future. SAMP is a dead horse. GTA 5 is going to be one soon enough. As about GTA6. It has way brighter future than GTA5 ever had. So maybe it can be beneficial to directly start preparing for GTA6? Work on our characters at this current moment. Develop them and then switch to "Vice City" with already developed characters. If we won't have to pump the money on the server and have couple of businesses set up so that new players can directly dive into RPing with companies that would be awesome. If not, than we build again. Dunno...

I would love to sit and talk about this, but 

20 hours ago, K A P O said:

Before this is instantly shut down because staff are so against going back, let's have a discussion about it...please hear me out.

I understand all the hard work over the past few years and such to bring out this server, but let's be honest as MMartin has said in his post just now, the player base has been grim, the lack of features/updates hasn't been enough and overall the experience hasn't been great.

The server in it's current state is miles behind it's competitor, and as Martin said, miles behind the initial expectations we had for it, the server is years away from being a elite server like it's rival.

With the news not long ago of FiveM partnering with Rockstar, this more than likely means that GTA 6 will have RP servers soon post launch, and with the timeline most people are thinking, it looks like we are getting GTA 6 in 2025, this means LSRP has around 1.5 years of life, before let's be honest, the whole world plays GTA 6, and if it does have RP servers shortly after release, then a very small percentage of roleplay players are going to be on GTA 5, add this onto the chances that the other server continues to exist but stop working on future updates etc, and turn their attention to a GTA 6 server, you once again could be looking at a catch up situation. 

I obviously have no say in the matter or stand even a small chance on my own to change your opinion, but if I was leadership and/or Martin, I would have a discussion about this, take this as a learning experience on what went well and what went wrong, re-release the SAMP server, understand that we are in a situation now where yes LSRP SAMP was declining due to GTA 5 taking off, but now we are massively in the "you don't realise how good something is till its gone" situation, the player base would sky rocket, we would have a incredible placeholder for a few years until GTA 6's release and then a community meeting could be held regarding GTA 6's development/SAMP's future. You already have a modernized forums in place, already a well known community and staff roster, right now I just see the staff fighting a losing battle, develop develop develop to try and catch up even a slice of the other server's player base/roleplay experience it offers, and then boom GTA 6 is out and GTA 5 RP dies quicker than SAMP did.

This is purely my opinion and thoughts on the matter, I'd like to hear other's serious thoughts on it, I'd like to hear staff's thoughts, and if they have taken into consideration GTA 6's not so far away release. 

The area of you saying "you don't realise how good something is til it's gone" situation is not what happen to SAMP. It is old and outdated. People rather play new games with better visuals like graphics etc. SAMP is not like Runescape where the line that "how good something is til it's gone" would work when they closed old school and release the newer version of runescape. Tons of people play GTA V RP. It's just the development of the server that will bring people in and it will take time. Will it see tons of people coming in? Who knows, let's just wait for more development and see after that.

Nice to see everyone's opinions on the matter, it's a shame SAMP is no longer around as I don't think anything will ever top it.

Regardless of bringing it back or not, I think everyone agrees that more has to be done for this server to even stand a chance of that 1.5 year lifeline we expect due to GTA 6's release. I quit the server a while back now due to lack of features and enjoyment playing it, I really hope one day it's good enough to entice me on returning.

Locking and archiving this, we have stated several times that a SA-MP server won't be a thing. Although we appreciate your feedback it's time to just move on and accept reality.

GTA 6 RP servers won't be a thing anytime soon, mainly because text-based servers are probably not the audience they will target first and due to all the intricacies said servers require, I highly doubt there will be a viable script from day one. In addition to that and it's what people fail to understand, GTA 6's map will be insanely huge and will probably make certain areas feel even more empty that GTA V's LS, which is the main reason that makes me believe people will continue playing on LS-based servers for a long time.

• Clap 1

• Cocoon locked this topic