What would bring you back into LSRP?

JesterJr

12 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

This is something that criminal RPers have complained about though. Limiting the ammo would also make cops mag dump less since they have to conserve resources.

If I was to be mag dumping. What's stopping me from replenishing more ammo after said criminal is dead at the back of my trunk or at the station?

13 minutes ago, livid said:

What was MMartin accused, who's the player and what did they get banned for? I'm genuinely curious because I've been on the community since 2015. and haven't heard about that

I think it was some stupid shit like accusing Mmartin of lying that his house was broken into to push back the release of the server or something like that. IDK if the guy was trolling but I believe he's banned indefinitely.
It's still funny though.

13 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

There are currently 65 complexes, totaling to 1065 apartments. Is there a place where there should be a complex but is not one currently? I'm not opposed to looking into it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xuD2RlRKt4Bi0ZHKYtC3k0qkNvV-RS8FOPpyT937nO0/edit?usp=sharing

Shoutout whoever made this. A UCP map on places to stay at should definitely be scripted when the PB kicks up and people are hopefully, struggling to find a place to buy!

Edited by Scheming

16 minutes ago, livid said:

If you've been unfairly killed by a staff member and no action has been taken against them, you are more than within your rights to post a topic about this and let the community know about the incident. It's something that many people, including myself, would opt for if they deem so strongly that the reasons were unjust and that this deserves repercussions.

It's coming soon. Don't feel the need to do it already as other players know the bull shit that happens and they simply just don't get online.
FwmsGx4.png
Player count speaks volume, as well as some of the staff that's resigning.

16 minutes ago, livid said:

I don't understand the "server pop" part and the entire sequence that follows afterward. "/v park is needed" - then you follow it up with statements that only prove that /v park is not needed. Your guns and drugs don't magically disappear in real life on command and instead they can be found at any given physical location irrelevant of whether you're In Game or not. If you don't want them stolen, then hide them better. 

Why have the road littered with cars, giving trolls the opportunity of taking their car to ram it onto the road? /v park is needed to help clean clutter/liter. Imagine if we didn't have faction tow for the server; people would be complaining constantly about abandoned cars or cars left in places that it shouldn't be.
I think /v p is needed. You're saying don't DeShawn cars to give people an opportunity to steal the car as well as gun to create RP for LEO. Why not FORCE them to put their stuff inside of houses realistically, and have a house robbery system for guns and drugs. What criminal IRL has guns inside their car unless it's drill time.
They put it up in their house.

Edited by Scheming

7 minutes ago, Scheming said:

If I was to be mag dumping. What's stopping me from replenishing more ammo after said criminal is dead at the back of my trunk or at the station?

Nothing, but having a limit will help combat some of the complaints about the cops and robbers type feel that's carried over from SAMP. Forcing replenishing, having a limit on the amount that can be stored, etc. 

8 minutes ago, Scheming said:

Shoutout whoever made this. A UCP map on places to stay at should definitely be scripted when the PB kicks up and people are hopefully, struggling to find a place to buy!

I definitely agree to a UCP map or IG app on being able to find places for rent or buy. 

Also at some point the complexes will be getting a custom apartment interior per complex, but that's a project that's going to take a bit of time with how small the mapping team is and with other projects ongoing.

41 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Nothing, but having a limit will help combat some of the complaints about the cops and robbers type feel that's carried over from SAMP. Forcing replenishing, having a limit on the amount that can be stored, etc. 

They should be complaining bout the handling of some cop cars. Can't evade from SHIT unless you dropping a bag. All the equipment a cop car got in them should be slowing it down.

@Scheming That’s why garages exist for /enter. Leave them in places where they wouldn’t be stolen. Thefts exist and them stealing your car should in my opinion be impossible or close to; due to the fact this is modern age Los Angeles and you should have an insured car with an alarm system. How will we force people to stash things inside their houses and not simply cars then /v parking them unless if we strictly outright tell them not to?

41 minutes ago, livid said:

@Scheming That’s why garages exist for /enter. Leave them in places where they wouldn’t be stolen. Thefts exist and them stealing your car should in my opinion be impossible or close to; due to the fact this is modern age Los Angeles and you should have an insured car with an alarm system. How will we force people to stash things inside their houses and not simply cars then /v parking them unless if we strictly outright tell them not to?

Make it so you can't put guns inside a vehicle. Imagine when there's 400 people on the server, if it gets there - the streets will be littered with vehicles. People will be losing FPS. Who stores guns inside their cars IRL.
Why would I keep it inside a car, knowing my car is more theft reliable compared to my house. Are you sitting inside your car 24/7? Or are you inside your house most of the time. 
My car is parked up right now and if my alarm went off I probably wouldn't peep it's my car as I'd believe it's one of my stupid neighbors.
I'm sitting here thinking; Why the fuck do you guys believe realistically people put guns in their cars and drugs? Like LOL y'all must be foreigners.

The only reason why I don't stash my guns inside of my house is b/c of the eviction due to being inactive. I've stored guns inside of my house before and went inactive - basically giving away free AKs and so on.

Edited by Scheming

I believe that this entire thread has took a switch with just back and forth over the same stuff, imo players should be able to park their cars (considering the fact that if the playerbase rises a lot, it'll cause massive FPS drops and lag). Just not when they've got valuables in it (such as drugs, guns, jewelry, etc.)

58 minutes ago, Scheming said:

Make it so you can't put guns inside a vehicle. Imagine when there's 400 people on the server, if it gets there - the streets will be littered with vehicles. People will be losing FPS. Who stores guns inside their cars IRL.
Why would I keep it inside a car, knowing my car is more theft reliable compared to my house. Are you sitting inside your car 24/7? Or are you inside your house most of the time. 
My car is parked up right now and if my alarm went off I probably wouldn't peep it's my car as I'd believe it's one of my stupid neighbors.
I'm sitting here thinking; Why the fuck do you guys believe realistically people put guns in their cars and drugs? Like LOL y'all must be foreigners.

The only reason why I don't stash my guns inside of my house is b/c of the eviction due to being inactive. I've stored guns inside of my house before and went inactive - basically giving away free AKs and so on.

Why would you not be able to put guns inside a vehicle? Deleting a whole feature just because of a potential "FPS drop" is a logic which is pretty flawed. How are you going to transport weapons? What if I want to leave a gun inside my car and run off to somewhere I can't carry a gun?

I never implied that it is realistic for people to stash weapons and narcotics in vehicles and I don't know why someone believing people put the aforementioned items in their vehicles makes them a "foreigner"; considering that it almost looks like you said this out of spite for whatever reason. It's almost as if every worldly concept revolves and happens only within your country (most likely America) and that anything outside of that is considered off charts and not the norm. 

The map is massive, guys. Even with 400 players (which is completely unrealistic), you'll still be hardly experiencing any FPS drops in my opinion. The best we're ever going to get is an upwards of 150 players peak; again, in my opinion - and removing the concept of your vehicle disappearing in thin air opens the venues of many more roleplay opportunities and scenarios which both the legal and illegal roleplayers will be able to capitalize on. 

1 hour ago, livid said:

Why would you not be able to put guns inside a vehicle? Deleting a whole feature just because of a potential "FPS drop" is a logic which is pretty flawed. How are you going to transport weapons? What if I want to leave a gun inside my car and run off to somewhere I can't carry a gun?

I never implied that it is realistic for people to stash weapons and narcotics in vehicles and I don't know why someone believing people put the aforementioned items in their vehicles makes them a "foreigner"; considering that it almost looks like you said this out of spite for whatever reason. It's almost as if every worldly concept revolves and happens only within your country (most likely America) and that anything outside of that is considered off charts and not the norm. 

The map is massive, guys. Even with 400 players (which is completely unrealistic), you'll still be hardly experiencing any FPS drops in my opinion. The best we're ever going to get is an upwards of 150 players peak; again, in my opinion - and removing the concept of your vehicle disappearing in thin air opens the venues of many more roleplay opportunities and scenarios which both the legal and illegal roleplayers will be able to capitalize on. 

Who the fuck wants to play a server that's going to fuck their FPS? Where is your logic.

You can still transport weapons on your body in a car or on your person. I'm saying We should keep /v park but not let ppl /v park with stash inside of it so weapons and drugs can continuously circulate if you get lucky enough to hit a house w/ a stash inside of it rather then not being able to rob a car that's forever /v parked and only accessed to grab shit.

The only benefit I see is more cars to steal. Why get rid of /v park when you can just script in the darknet to, I don't know; maybe base the list of the spawned in cars of active fucking players?

With your same logic we might as well get rid of /v tow or faction tows so we can see all the cars and faction vehicles littered in the street.

Update: I didn't mean to remove the whole function of putting guns in your car. I'm talking about remove the ability to /v park WITH guns, drugs, and so on inside. Basically anything that players can rob you for to benefit.

Edited by Scheming

I think most of you are completely besides the point, saying "the server is like this because of [insert extremely specific thing or missing feature that only bothers them and 2 others]". No, the server is not empty because there are no shared illegal schemes nor is it because the phone is 2 pixels to the right, or because of some random legal/illegal feud. Adding all of these features might give it a boost in playerbase before it would return to where it is now and ultimately close. Features are not the issue and adding them won't fix anything - you can see that too, they've added plenty of stuff since this summer (which, again, were features asked for just like you're asking for other stuff now). Did the playerbase increase? Temporarily. Now it's closer to 0 than to the old peak numbers.

The server is almost peaking 0 and that's solely because of poor mangement. We have a huge staff team - some truly put in effort and care, but most don't - either way they don't make a lot of impact. The ones at the very top make all the difference and they're... not here. There is basically 0 interest from management to keep this going. That's not new though, it's been clear for a long while now - that's why the project has been postponed for years. As a fellow humble dev, it doesn't take that long to create such a barebones script (as it was at launch), especially when you already know most of the features and have already implemented the logic in the samp server. Very little was actually brand new and you can easily code that on your own in less than a year (including getting comfortable with a new programming language and the framework). There's no interest. From the players either - with how bad the playerbase is, that's the only thing people should be talking about, how to get it back up, yet there's one thread and one discussion per week and that's it - and they don't really have any conclusion.

The only way this project can succeed is if there's an extremely firm change in attitude, a complete 180, which won't happen. This means mmartin starts giving updates twice a day and puts in multiple hours a day every single day into developing, managing and playing. All other managers and staff hop in game, multiple hours a day, managing the server and role-playing as well. All of the players come back with a fresh perspective and start opening factions and businesses, there's complete transparency and support for any RP whatsoever, no bureaucracy, amazing quality control. Developers start dishing out new features on a daily basis. Factions become active and everyone puts in a ton of effort. Do you think this will happen considering the current state of the server and the general trend over the last few weeks/months/years? I don't. The alternatives are pivoting to another game or gamemode.

We have to be objective, living in fantasy-land and saying "oh, I'm still hopeful, let's trust X and Y and wait for update 9.999, that's when they will come back" will do absolutely nothing. If we're objective, there might be a way, but it's unlikely. As it currently stands, there's no reason for anyone to return or start playing here, especially considering they now have multiple alternatives.

• Clap 8