Courts and You

I wanted to give some transparency into what is going on with the Courts faction. I have recently taken over as Chief Justice, as we had a vacancy and I have run it before on SAMP. We are naturally a very small faction numbers wise, but can play a role for the legal side for those that choose to pursue it. We would love to answer any questions and get some feedback from the community on what you want to see, so we can try to work what we can.

Some info:

- We currently have 9 people in the role of Judge. This includes an alt each from the highest ranks (myself as Rank 1 and Kotwica as Rank 2)

- We just recently appointed a District Attorney and a Chief Deputy District Attorney

- We opened up applications for the Public Defender's Office & allowing those applying to test for the State Bar license during the application process

- We handle the warrants for PD/SD on our forum (on SAMP we had to go to each forum to do warrants)

We are working on furnishing our Courthouse,, which we will share the 'HOJ' building with LSSD. That  building will host the Courts & Necessary rooms for it as well as the SD parts that are using it.  
We are also working on furnishing the 'Davis City Hall' into a building which will host our offices for the Public Defenders and DA's offices (on separate floors).

I'm planning to post an article IC when those buildings' exterior mapping gets done so we can launch the names officially. 

Some things we have in the works that I can share (and hopefully more soon as we develop them behind the scenes):
- Establishing some sort of IG court case schedule where people can come be heard
- The DA's office is aiming to work alongside PD/SD detectives for casefiles

• Clap 1
  • OK 1

• 4 weeks later...