JDMs

Mikee

• 1 year later...

For me it's the Toyota AE86. A classic, iconic car in the Japanese pop/car culture. I also had a blast racing it online in sim racing games like Assetto Corsa, it's slow by modern standards but handles like a go-kart. I don't get the hype behind the Supra though.

13 hours ago, samarium said:

For me it's the Toyota AE86. A classic, iconic car in the Japanese pop/car culture. I also had a blast racing it online in sim racing games like Assetto Corsa, it's slow by modern standards but handles like a go-kart. I don't get the hype behind the Supra though.

The hype behind the Supra is a thing due to the fact that it has an engine ( 2JZ ) that lends itself to almost impossible modifications and can easily reach something like 500/550 HPs, just by changing a couple of things ( Turbo, Intercooler, Exhaust System and modifying the ECU ). Just imagine what might happen if you decide to open the engine and start working on its components such as camshaft, intake cones, forging the pistons ).

What I don't get at the moment is that there are too many fan boys and the fact that people don't understand that there are several other great JDMs. To me, the best one is the Mazda RX7 ( Veilside ) 

maxresdefault.jpg

mazda-rx-7-mazda-rx7-fd3s-veilside-fortu

Edited by Mikee

it.png  SENIOR TESTER MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

9 hours ago, Mikee said:

The hype behind the Supra is a thing due to the fact that it has an engine ( 2JZ ) that lends itself to almost impossible modifications and can easily reach something like 500/550 HPs, just by changing a couple of things ( Turbo, Intercooler, Exhaust System and modifying the ECU ). Just imagine what might happen if you decide to open the engine and start working on its components such as camshaft, intake cones, forging the pistons ).

What I don't get at the moment is that there are too many fan boys and the fact that people don't understand that there are several other great JDMs. To me, the best one is the Mazda RX7 ( Veilside ) 

Oh that makes sense, but I feel like zoomers tend to exaggerate its image due to the video game influence and coverage it was subjected to, over the last years. If we make a realistic comparison with stock cars of the era, an M3 would easily smoke a stock Supra, just saying.

Nice choice the RX7, love me some rotary craziness. I'd also pick the Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 for the nostalgia value (I've played countless hours on the first Gran Turismo games), and the timeless, evergreen design, that car is bound to skyrocket in value in the next years.

Edited by samarium