A poll, to return to SAMP or not.

BuckMans

A poll to bring back SAMP  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants to return to SAMP? where 100+ people use to play, relatively daily?

• SAMP
    • Nah, I wanna play alone where no one plays on GTA 5 LSRP

1 hour ago, ImperiumXVII said:

I prefer SA-MP but the SA-MP LSRP script is a culmination of works by many people, works that cannot be shared without the permission of those that wrote it. As such, none of our current dev team would be able to develop it anymore. 

It's not happening, ever, unfortunately. 

It's only as impossible as you want it to be.

1 hour ago, HIVE.MIND said:

votes wont change anything
only if people manage their mindset towards gta v they can enjoy

i was skeptical too, but so far I am really enjoying SanAndreas was good back then... it is 2023 time to move on

People still play super mario 64, there is no time to move on from ANY game.

They are games, for fun & GTA 5 RP text based is NOT it nor is it fun.

7 minutes ago, BuckMans said:

It's only as impossible as you want it to be.

People still play super mario 64, there is no time to move on from ANY game.

They are games, for fun & GTA 5 RP text based is NOT it nor is it fun.

Nobody is forcing you to stay, but trying to get a community to vote to come with you I mean, what was the point of this entire thread? lol
People don't play games that aren't fun for them bro, you don't need anyone's approval to go play Super Mario 64.
You also don't need to try and convince anyone to quit GTAV because you don't like it.

SAMP Nostalgia tends to last for about two weeks, based on my experience.

Considering our current efforts to build and expand on the 5 server, adding another server would significantly increase the workload. In the last month alone we've witnessed many old SAMP servers attempt a revival, and more often than not, they just lose steam within two weeks due to a lack of sustained interest. Just sharing my perspective not to mention the very important factors @ImperiumXVII mentioned above. 

Head of Communications

Just now, MoneybagsCarminati said:

Nobody is forcing you to stay, but trying to get a community to vote to come with you I mean, what was the point of this entire thread? lol
People don't play games that aren't fun for them bro, you don't need anyone's approval to go play Super Mario 64.
You also don't need to try and convince anyone to quit GTAV because you don't like it.

the only reason samp isn't active is because there are no servers for them and people quit LSRP SAMP due to the announcement of GTA 5 LSRP, that is why SAMP LSRP was hurt in its number of playerbase, is because of this server for GTA 5

And the poll is to decide what the community actually wants, half of this forum is complaining that the server isn't good enough and  how we can make it better and a more enjoyable experience, instead of actually roleplaying on the server.

1 minute ago, HIVE.MIND said:

even the question is trollish

1. Who wants to return to SAMP? where 100+ people use to play, relatively daily?

• SAMP

• Nah, I wanna play alone where no one plays on GTA 5 LSRP
    :'D

It maybe "trollish" but is far from the truth? I think not.

3 minutes ago, BuckMans said:

And the poll is to decide what the community actually wants, half of this forum is complaining that the server isn't good enough and  how we can make it better and a more enjoyable experience, instead of actually roleplaying on the server.

Because they want to stay and make some things better while they enjoy the things they got already.  Patience is a virtue in growing servers.  And I hope we're not going by whatever method you're using based on the poll numbers right now, saying half this forum is people complaining.  Maybe keep your eyes on the "Factions" category of this forum instead of the general discussion and suggestions section.  You'll be alright.

1 hour ago, ImperiumXVII said:

I prefer SA-MP but the SA-MP LSRP script is a culmination of works by many people, works that cannot be shared without the permission of those that wrote it. As such, none of our current dev team would be able to develop it anymore. 

It's not happening, ever, unfortunately. 

I think with Imperium's response here, it's clear that LS-RP won't be re-opening the doors to SAMP. 

• Thumbs 1

• izumi locked this topic