Esports

Nightmare.

Used to be a big fan of League of Legends esports scene. Now I mainly chip in to watch the worlds and see if Korea or China will win (we all know that Europe and NA in LoL are always somehow shit in worlds lmao)

Now I am quite into Valorant esports, probably because I enjoy that game haha

To be fair, I used to dream to getting into esports, but school got in my way lmao, so I just wanted to ask, what it's like to help run an esports org?

Also, if it is not a secret what is your esport team's name? Would like to watch them play.

Edited by Sticker

z7otr84.png

On 11/23/2021 at 2:17 PM, Sticker said:

Used to be a big fan of League of Legends esports scene. Now I mainly chip in to watch the worlds and see if Korea or China will win (we all know that Europe and NA in LoL are always somehow shit in worlds lmao)

Now I am quite into Valorant esports, probably because I enjoy that game haha

To be fair, I used to dream to getting into esports, but school got in my way lmao, so I just wanted to ask, what it's like to help run an esports org?

Also, if it is not a secret what is your esport team's name? Would like to watch them play.

Valorant is a great game, can only see it getting more popular throughout the upcoming years. Riot know what they're doing.

Running an esports org is difficult man, it is a lot of voluntary work with the hopes of one day doing it as your full time job. I've been in the scene for around 6 years now, used to own an organisation called Mythos (twitter.com/MythosGamingLtd) and now I run an esports organisation which is the collaboration of two called Belfast Storm (twitter.com/BelfastStorm). It's a really fun scene, but expensive and a lot of risk and reward. We recently acquired a sponsorship of a local internet provider, so it is making things a lot easier.

Hoping I can do esports as my full time job within the next year or two.

On 11/23/2021 at 2:26 PM, F0r3v3r said:

Always watching and sometimes betting on majors. Dabble with smaller tournaments, especially if MOUZ is playing. Just that really. Used to watch Worlds etc but I fell out with CSGO. I occasionally watch pro player's solo streams as well, like s1mple and some others, but rarely. 

Yeah I tend to watch a majority of majors myself. Used to be a huge fan of CS but not really recently. 

S/O EHC & Oldschool OG's

Montell "Telly" Carter - Gutters Own

18 hours ago, Nightmare. said:

Valorant is a great game, can only see it getting more popular throughout the upcoming years. Riot know what they're doing.

Running an esports org is difficult man, it is a lot of voluntary work with the hopes of one day doing it as your full time job. I've been in the scene for around 6 years now, used to own an organisation called Mythos (twitter.com/MythosGamingLtd) and now I run an esports organisation which is the collaboration of two called Belfast Storm (twitter.com/BelfastStorm). It's a really fun scene, but expensive and a lot of risk and reward. We recently acquired a sponsorship of a local internet provider, so it is making things a lot easier.

Hoping I can do esports as my full time job within the next year or two.

Yeah I tend to watch a majority of majors myself. Used to be a huge fan of CS but not really recently. 

I agree, they gave Valorant another breeze of fresh air with their music video for the champions (a.k.a the worlds) tournament.

I see, no wonder only the most sponsored teams are alive to this day and they can expand to other games. There were probably days when you wanted to quit no?

I just had a quick look at the twitter account, yall doing pretty good on the CSGO scene I see. Is only the CSGO scene going strong or are you trying to expand onto other games as well? I hope I am not taking way to much of your time with my questions hahaha.

Also, I wish you the best of luck with the team, I hope one day your org will come to the big scene. 

z7otr84.png

3 hours ago, Sticker said:

I agree, they gave Valorant another breeze of fresh air with their music video for the champions (a.k.a the worlds) tournament.

I see, no wonder only the most sponsored teams are alive to this day and they can expand to other games. There were probably days when you wanted to quit no?

I just had a quick look at the twitter account, yall doing pretty good on the CSGO scene I see. Is only the CSGO scene going strong or are you trying to expand onto other games as well? I hope I am not taking way to much of your time with my questions hahaha.

Also, I wish you the best of luck with the team, I hope one day your org will come to the big scene. 

You're absolutely right I wanted to give up, felt like all the effort was for nothing sometimes, although in the same mindset, I can't put 6 years into something and not get the result I want - so the grind continues!

We're doing decent in CS right now yeah. We plan to be competing in COD, League of Legends and a few more coming into 2022 (currently off season for most scenes and a lot of the players are on breaks).

Appreciate your kind words, keep an eye out for the org in the big scene - I'll be sure to comment back here when we're making moves!

S/O EHC & Oldschool OG's

Montell "Telly" Carter - Gutters Own

• 1 month later...

valorant will never have csgo legacy, not now not in 30 years, they will always be "that other game". 2021 stockholm major had more viewers than valorant had in their big tournaments.

now about csgo. supporting g2 since nexa hnt and niko came, so sad seeing nexa go but atleast good igl aleksi is coming and above that MONESY who will carry this team alongside niko and hunter to win 2022 major. mark my words, we are winning it this year!

• 1 month later...