LSRP & San Andreas Network

DeSantis

17 minutes ago, Kane said:

I don't know if a news system is needed in game at all. Everytime you saw [NEWS] F_L is going live. on sa-mp, it was followed by

/helpme how do i turn off the news

I'm not sure that it appeals well to players.

Actually to solve this problem you can do two things and both should be done in order to make the system flawless.

1) Develop an APP for the Phone in order to see news and should have sections like:

• San Andreas Network News ( only SAN members can post but people should be able to like and comment )
  • Buying and Selling ( everyone can post + possibility to like and comment )
  • Autonomous "newspapers" run by players ( everyone can post + possibility to like and comment )

2) Create a Discord Channel where you can see all the news posted ( actually you can even create 3 channels - SAN News - Buying and Selling - Autonomous etc.. )

PS: Maybe you can even insert the possibility of seeing the news in chat for those who want with a command like /togglenews

Edited by Mikee
  • Thumbs 1

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

6 minutes ago, Mikee said:

1) Develop an APP for the Phone in order to see news and should have sections like:

How about putting "news section" just in internet browser app with custom domain as it is with the car dealership?

https://wiki.ls-rp.com/books/phone/page/internet

"
Our end goal with the IC internet is for players, factions and companies to be able to submit their own websites, or request them to be made by our development team. These websites are light in nature, optimized to be viewed in-game."

Combine it.

Edited by mtz64

31 minutes ago, Mikee said:
  • 2) Create a Discord Channel where you can see all the news posted ( actually you can even create 3 channels - SAN News - Buying and Selling - Autonomous etc.. )

no offense but I don't want to have to go on discord to view IC news

when IC shit can be kept ingame, keep it ingame. the phone idea is great

33 minutes ago, IdleStacks said:

no offense but I don't want to have to go on discord to view IC news

when IC shit can be kept ingame, keep it ingame. the phone idea is great

You won't have to go on discord to view IC news, you would be able to check them via Phone.
Actually with this feature ( discord channels ) you wouldn't miss the news that you wouldn't be able to see when you're not online.

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

15 hours ago, mtz64 said:

How about putting "news section" just in internet browser app with custom domain as it is with the car dealership?

https://wiki.ls-rp.com/books/phone/page/internet

"
Our end goal with the IC internet is for players, factions and companies to be able to submit their own websites, or request them to be made by our development team. These websites are light in nature, optimized to be viewed in-game."

Combine it.

This is by far the best idea for article based journalism although it'd be good to be able to access these articles while out of the game too. (Perhaps being able to browse the IC internet while out of the game via the website if possible)

I don't think the chat system of news broadcasts should be removed but perhaps make it off by default and then able to be toggled on as there are definitely times when listening to the news has been cool and useful while I've played. I'd like the ability for live broadcasts (where you basically spectate the broadcaster) to take place again because those, while rare, were always cool to watch but there is probably a better way to handle that on GTA:V that isn't just spectating them in 3rd person.

• Thumbs 1

Ahhh spent so many years in SAN. The issue, which many people raised already, is that the previous landscape didn't really allow for competitor news factions to really progress anywhere. We ran Source Magazine and TraceNews for months, with no support in an already difficult civilian economy. It naturally flopped and failed. It sounds like the systems will support budding news factions much better in the release though, so I agree that these should be built from the ground up. And any rewards in terms of scripting should follow to those who commit to it.

In terms of execution, obviously the text across the screen thing is very old hat now. I ran the news faction on World for a time, and we used an opt-in system (akin to watching /tv on the old LSRP script) which seemed to be more popular, but it was still... old. I like the ideas that people are putting forward for an app, or similar sort of interface. Think that would be cool. 

We also started recording news and putting it up on the in-game XM stations, which looped. It took time and effort but people seemed to really enjoy it for immersion. It also gave me a chance to actually make use of this damn expensive microphone I splashed out on for no reason at all. 

Anybody remember COPS back in the 2008-2010 era? Oh the nostalgia burns me to my core

Edited by Allegra
Adding radio point

Sal 

Ex-staff