LSRP & San Andreas Network

DeSantis

So far in the faction(s) section the groundwork has been laid out for several illegal factions. I haven’t seen much pertaining to legal factions besides the Government. I’m just wondering, will there be a place & player support for a news faction in the new universe? Player interaction between LSRP and SANEWS hasn’t been the best in the past and lacked a reception both In-Game and Out Of Character. It had an amazing run under several leaders and facilitated so much enjoyment and roleplay. Does anyone plan on creating something? Is something already in the works? 

The possibilities are endless this time and whoever takes the reigns should learn from past mistakes. I’m excited to see the kind of environment and roleplay news/media/television can provide. 

• Thumbs 1

I feel like it’d be nice to create different news companies this time but I certainly do think that a faction like SANN or Weazel News should exist. Afaik anyone can make a news faction because it isn’t exactly a leo or gov direct faction!

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-R

If someone is gonna be creating news stations, promoting more legal RP...it'd be great if they could appeal for certain vehicles, news vans, helicopter...and give the co-pilot of helicopter camera zoom-in/out (like the ones cops usually use), than you could have video recordings by news factions of an actual police chase from the air, which is extremely popular in US...plus it'd keep everyone on their toes.  There's plenty of possibilities with solid news factions, its something that always been undermined, but in reality...news/media, has a huge impact on society. It presses on the city-hall to make certain acts during a huge political circumstance. Some kid that got shot while being unarmed by lawmen, pursuits that were out of hand on terrible perfomance, homicides that are being investigated...pushing the investigating department to give out statements.  

There are endless possibilities that can keep the city "alive", by reporting the news of any kind. That's what makes the server feel "alive", you can have 4.000 players online, but without News department that's willing to promote social impact...it'll never feel alive.   I hope certain news department leaders gonna be willing to step into this huge role, I know that it was ignored on SAMP and nobody really cared about it, it was a different engine and different gameplay feeling, but GTA V...it feels pretty real. 

I also hope legal faction team gonna support it and not try to step into their way for "reporting" the IC stuff, even if it'll make certain legal faction representatives look bad, its kind of...their fault for making faulty mistakes, you know? Let IC stuff grow, let it evolve. No interference. 

Edited by Kirill_Ustinov
  • Clap 1

1U8CXwc.png

uq91B3u.png

3 hours ago, melt city said:

Rather than an OOC monopoly on news, I'd love to see the Government or FM reward the best news agencies with grants.

This. I believe it would be in the best interest of the community to have people earn such things, there's a smaller chance such factions will be dead and will be having people dedicated to it.

• Thumbs 1

As some people mentioned above, I would be also interested in having the posibility of creating news companies and have the Government in charge of giving broadcast licenses for the companies. Would be nice to have multiple news companies created by the players than just one create by the server. This would make more space for legal roleplay.

As far as I remember DamianC wanted to do something like this a long time ago, but it never happened unfortunately. Maybe with the new LS-RP coming to RAGE, someone will do this.

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2021 at 12:25 PM, melt city said:

Rather than an OOC monopoly on news, I'd love to see the Government or FM reward the best news agencies with grants.

Very cool idea. The small news factions / groups were always the best in my opinion.

Media and news factions and groups are so useful for every facet of roleplayer. I personally have used news groups to aid in missing persons operations as a detective, on an escaped prisoner manhunt, to highlight the creation of OSS for SD, to showcase more of SEB for the public and much more. The usage of news factions to promote events, businesses and detail the day-to-day happenings on the server is so important and cool and I hope some players do strive to replicate this on here.

Edited by r0yal

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

I fully agree with this. SAN shouldn't get to be automatically official. It's not a government entity. 

News Agencies shouldn't become official factions at all, especially with the tools and features companies will be getting in the server. Faction status should be only kept to government entities and illegal roleplayers (Although, many of those could also be facilitated under companies, especially white collar criminal organizations).

• Thumbs 1

qgv23wo.png

I think letting anyone make a news thing is better, opens the ability for everything. IRL there's reporting agencies specifically for war, crime, food, sports, cars etc, and this would give people a chance to open a news agency for specifically looking at crime, another for a bit of everything, another for businesses in the local area. I don't think news agencies should get official though, not unless they bring something ultra unique to the server.

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Community Page

LS-R

1 hour ago, Venta said:

News Agencies shouldn't become official factions at all, especially with the tools and features companies will be getting in the server. Faction status should be only kept to government entities and illegal roleplayers (Although, many of those could also be facilitated under companies, especially white collar criminal organizations).

I don't think that official status should only be held for illegal and government factions. That continues the stigma of that's all that matters to the server. 

The official status doesn't mean that the faction will be the only company broadcasting news or anything of that matter. I think that there are many other ways in which a faction can "promote" itself, especially on the legal ends. The In Character section as well as various In Character events should be taken into consideration. Yes, it can be possible for other "news" or "broadcasting" factions to become official as well. The name itself doesn't mean it's glued as the "best" there is or one of the "giants".

• Clap 1

I think that News Agencies must become  fully IC. I mean, people can make a news agency and achieve an official slot. However, I think broadcasting publicly like during old days is not needed. Actually,  Faux News had something good going on.  We  can do something like that.

14 minutes ago, dzgapaan said:

I think that News Agencies must become  fully IC. I mean, people can make a news agency and achieve an official slot. However, I think broadcasting publicly like during old days is not needed. Actually,  Faux News had something good going on.  We  can do something like that.

fully agree. no need for global broadcasting option, just let people to create their own news agencies as business and that's it. the way they deliver the news should be entirely up to them.

Edited by mtz64

On 1/13/2022 at 3:29 PM, Fiendfyre said:

I don't think that official status should only be held for illegal and government factions. That continues the stigma of that's all that matters to the server. 

'Official' status would grant the entity more control and more tools to manage it in SAMP. It would become kind of pointless if the company/business system adapts the same features (Company bank, paychecks, ranks etc.) and becomes available to everyone.

qgv23wo.png

On 11/27/2021 at 12:25 PM, melt city said:

please this. SAN was horrible because it was used as a gift, by admins - bestowed to people deemed reputable enough in the community (usually their friends) and the players who joined organically got kicked every few months when it inevitably switched hands

just make a broadcasting system and reward channels to media factions who perform well 

Edited by yekim

I'd like to see script support for whichever news agency manages to obtain a mass.  Though, I think the entire concept of how the news system works in-game needs to be re-imagined.  Flooding your screen with text-based chat is never ideal.  I'm not sure of the best salutations but this needs to be looked into. 

• Clap 1

13 minutes ago, Mikee said:

Would be cool to have a whole app on the phone related to San Andreas Network in order to see news ( posted by SAN members ), like and comment.

This ^ but make it a universal journalist blog for any News Agency / Independent Journalist to use.

• Strong 1

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Community Page

LS-R

3 hours ago, Mikee said:

Would be cool to have a whole app on the phone related to San Andreas Network in order to see news ( posted by SAN members ), like and comment.

tbh this is the best solution for it. give players ability to create their own news agencies and give them section in app. problem solved.

Edited by mtz64