Stock market?

ShelbyOne

We don´t need to use BAWSAQ (NASDAQ) and LCN (NYSE) for example. We can create our own exchange market for example and go for real-life companies such as Apple, Microsoft, General Motors, etc. Exchanget traded funds such as S&P 500 would also add some sort of diversity. Maybe let players who create companies open their own stocks.

What do you think about adding a stock market? Could it be useful? Could it be fun? How should it be done? Crypto?

C2Ra4z0.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be good, with only companies on the server. Let our money actually invest in a company, and let the company's performance guide how its stock does, instead of creating stocks for fake companies that have no impact on the server.. however there's the problem of easy market manipulation since there will obviously be a lot less investors than the real world market, it'll take some planning. Crypto would be cool too, it will probably age well.. funny if you think about how original LS-RP opened in 2007 and smart phones, social media, etc. weren't really a thing and the server adopted it as time went on. Probably the same with crypto, but also interesting to think how different this server may be in 10 years.

• Thumbs 1

Having a real stock market script would simply be too complex for an RP server compared to the real world in my opinion. Essentially how the stock market/investing in a company worked on samp was you'd simply loan money out to an individual who owned something of value and provided money/profits who would then pay you a percentage of your investment value of the total worth of their business. About 80 to 90 percent of the time you were getting scammed/robbed when attempting to do this sort of RP and if you ever actually made any money out of your investments, it was rather easy for manipulation. There's no real solid way to keep track of what is bought for what money and what is sold for what money, it's way to easy to screw investors.  And also, the company could just claim bankruptcy and well all the investors would lose their investments and start a new business. You'd need a solid court system to handle requests and defend contracts etc, it's as easy as a name change. 

But maybe there's a way you can make a stock market with company related businesses, just giving my opinion. I'm all in for new concepts and scripts that make the server unique for sure. 

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif