Would have LS-RP survived because of DE?

alcoholica

• Developer

SA-MP was discontinued 4/5 years ago, times have moved and so have we.

I'm sure there will be a small niche of multiplayer on it in about 1/2 years, but who knows. Time to look forward to RageMP Launch!

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

GTA SA DE was disappointing. Even if LSRP were to come back to GTA San Andreas universe I'd rather see it in OG San Andreas instead of the DE one. The DE one just has better textures, but the effects and physics are still the same and in some cases the physics of OG San Andreas looks much more realistic than DE San Andreas, and with the draw distance problem in GTA SA DE the map looks awkwardly small. Matter fact it's made in a new engine so I doubt if it'll be possible to make the DE version as immersive as LSRP was on OG San Andreas with maps and all that.

Edited by Hanky

DE is terrible...I mean, sure...if Rage MP wasn't a thing, and somebody would create a MP for GTA:SA - DE, sure...could be something neat, it'd take time for a client to pop off as it'd had to be re-written and such and everything would have to be done from scratch. But with rage mp / GTA V possibility, sadly...GTA:SA definitive won't be able to top it, no matter how neat the improvements are. GTA V is just a lot better and got way more stuff, stuff that fits perfectly for a RP community.

1U8CXwc.png

uq91B3u.png

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so. SA:MP was left behind by Kalcor. 0.3.8 (0.3 DL) had lots of new posibilities, but somehow Kalcor decided that it wasn't good enough. He even said that he isn't interested in maintaining SA:MP anymore, so why would you even continue playing a game that is outdated? Nothing was new to SA:MP, you were limited in every aspect.

DE is trash, looks trash, runs like trash.

Kalcor quit back in 2019 so SA:MP/lsrp on samp dying was a formality. The move to GTA 5 was inevitable if management here wanted to keep LSRP alive and well, here we are.

If they would of tried to force LSRP onto DE it would of ended horribly and been a meme for years.

It sucks because I personally preferred rp on SAMP over GTA 5, the feel is just off for me I guess I just haven't adjusted yet and don't like the high quality look.   

Edited by Jit

It doesn't matter that DE looks bad or whatever, the system would still be somewhat the same in terms of skins and limitations. GTA 5 allows for customization of characters and skin usage which is well, 100 times better then what DE would be able to ever offer to players. If GTA 5 didn't exist and this was released then yes, it would've been amazing but it's no match to GTA 5 and the opportunities it gives to players and development teams. 

• Thumbs 1

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif