Lenghty prison sentences & Forced CKs

pure north

You can't really force people to stay imprisoned for a longer period. They lose motivation and it gets boring after a while. Maybe it would be dependent on their previous criminal history and the duration of the imprisonment. I'm on the fence, not really for it, but also not against.

Forced character kills I agree on. Now, I don't know how and when would that apply. But it would definitely make people more aware of their surroundings and make certain aspects adrenaline pumping because they don't want to lose their character.

A great example was me playing LSPDFR and installing a mod that makes it so that when you get shot once, depending on the area, you get killed. Literally makes everything more intense and enjoyable because of the little adrenaline kick you get during shootouts, etcetera.

• Clap 1

We don't have to make people spend 72 hours IG while in prison, we can say that A person got sentenced 7 days which he can appeal, parole out or wait it out (doesn't have to be ig, time will still decrease) maybe make them roleplay %5 of the prison sentence IG for the sake of prison rp and prison factions, people underestimate the fact that most of the criminal underworld of California have ties to prison one way or another and prison roleplay is not boring, give it a shot.

And doing this will allow the server to have an active court system with active DoJ and lawyers, what did DoJ in old LS-RP do other than handling a few extraordinary cases for certain faction leaders or key members of factions? This will allow people to actively roleplay as lawyers, attorneys, judges etcetra.

This will also add a bit of spice to LS-PD and SD for the fact that everything revolves around a court system that comes with lenghty prison sentences. PD and SD detectives will have to have constant communications with attorneys for search warrants, arrest warrants and the list goes on.

I don't see any negative effect other than "prison rp is boring" (which I don't agree). If you're roleplaying a criminal, prison will be a part of your life and it is the best place to build networks. Instead of 1v1 fights turning into a murder every time when one of the combatants are armed, this will force criminals to be smarter. You want to take out someone? You better plan it beforehand.

This system allows a lot of things, going as far as from RICO cases to money laundering and IRS. Organized crime groups, gangs, police, they will all need to smarten up. DoJ will be active every day, people who'd like to roleplay as lawyers and such will have a chance to actively roleplay on the contrary to old LS-RP, if we want to keep it the same way it was like back in the day, it's all good, if seeing shoot-outs everywhere wherever you drive during peak hours is what you want with inactive DoJ, inactive prison is what you want to see. 

I belive that the roleplay has evolved to a point where it is more serious, if we keep things the same, it simply won't work out, we all had our fair share of shoot-outs with no consequences, if hard-roleplay is what we're seeking, this is the path we should take.

Edited by pure north
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 2
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, pure north said:

We don't have to make people spend 72 hours IG while in prison, we can say that A person got sentenced 7 days which he can appeal, parole out or wait it out (doesn't have to be ig, time will still decrease) maybe make them roleplay %5 of the prison sentence IG for the sake of prison rp and prison factions, people underestimate the fact that most of the criminal underworld of California have ties to prison one way or another and prison roleplay is not boring, give it a shot.

And doing this will allow the server to have an active court system with active DoJ and lawyers, what did DoJ in old LS-RP do other than handling a few extraordinary cases for certain faction leaders or key members of factions? This will allow people to actively roleplay as lawyers, attorneys, judges etcetra.

This will also add a bit of spice to LS-PD and SD for the fact that everything revolves around a court system that comes with lenghty prison sentences. PD and SD detectives will have to have constant communications with attorneys for search warrants, arrest warrants and the list goes on.

I don't see any negative effect other than "prison rp is boring" (which I don't agree). If you're roleplaying a criminal, prison will be a part of your life and it is the best place to build networks. Instead of 1v1 fights turning into a murder every time when one of the combatants are armed, this will force criminals to be smarter. You want to take out someone? You better plan it beforehand.

This system allows a lot of things, going as far as from RICO cases to money laundering and IRS. Organized crime groups, gangs, police, they will all need to smarten up. DoJ will be active every day, people who'd like to roleplay as lawyers and such will have a chance to actively roleplay on the contrary to old LS-RP, if we want to keep it the same way it was like back in the day, it's all good, if seeing shoot-outs everywhere wherever you drive during peak hours is what you want with inactive DoJ, inactive prison is what you want to see. 

I belive that the roleplay has evolved to a point where it is more serious, if we keep things the same, it simply won't work out, we all had our fair share of shoot-outs with no consequences, if hard-roleplay is what we're seeking, this is the path we should take.

P r e a c h . If you want to have a fully functioning legal system you can't just leave all of it to the police department, courts are a massive part and need to have way more influence now. I imagine you could instantly get a whole group of people who want to try out being public defendants, and then some more experienced people would probably go private sector. Prison sentence length really is a finicky subject but I like the idea you pitched here, personally.

Go meh gwai ying mana, ban tsai yeh. Wun nay lay Tai Hing tun bing tun lai cha, dam daka?

I'd be swaying towards a real life timer; get imprisoned set amount of IRL days;

• 3 days for evading,
  • 7 days for assault,
  • 21 days for firearms
  • and maybe 30/60/90 days for murder, attempted murder, all the way to life for mass murder, kidnapping etc...
  • (not as clear cut as this; aggravating factors and mitigating circumstance should apply and this is just an example) 

Something just along those lines. You shouldn't be forced to spend so long in prison when it's not your vibe. This way, characters are still processing prison time whilst the owner isn't playing on that specific account and time is still relevant for that characterI loved criminal side of things, but eventually everyone gets caught, and  it's not fun being forced to stay logged in to that account.

People will have a limited number of accounts, say 3 (maybe more with donators), so they can't just keep making new ones to circumvent prison times.

DOJ (or whatever they are called now!) will have internal and external guidelines that allow people to appeal sentences that are longer than X amount of days; no appeals for 3/4 days but if it's 7/14 days then yes, make an appeal. It'll get them [DOJ] more involved too. Previous sentence behaviour plays a part, activity in the prison will also play a part in appeals etc.. 

tl;dr please stop forcing us to login for 35 pay checks and idle in our cells. It was not fun and never will be!

Edited by roskeii

I don't think the days thing is necessary for smaller crimes, just like theft, GTA, evading unless repeated multiple times, but should be applied for cases where individuals kill someone, commit a large fraud or something like that or have a case built up against them. This could also apply for armed robberies etcetera. Should be all mentioned in the penal code.

I think longer prison sentences will force people to consider the option of not doing the crime before they do it. Sure, they might need to do it for a gang or something, but they have to take the risk. We don't want to create a environment where people commit crimes to be let off with a ten hour AFKed sentence, but a rather complex system that'd limit these RPers. I feel like something in lines of a "Half online half offline" should be implemented. Let's say someone receives a 24 hour prison sentence for murder. They should then be in game for the 12 hour period and then 12 hours can be done offline. It would be a little bit easier to cope to for illegal role-players who don't exactly want to spend too much time in prison but they should also learn from it.

Repeated offenders should though receive longer punishments. Let's just say like 0.5 time added (So if the original sentence was GTA and Evading, both repeated, initial sentence would be 12 hours, then the repeated offender would receive 18 hours).

Also, Forced CKs should apply for cases like Ese Reaper mentioned. P2W mentality against PD and other players (pulling a gun in a lose/lose situation, doing something unrealistic etc). Forced CKs would also apply to self deaths just like in the samp server back in the days. I think PD should have some more leniency in building up casefiles and being able to take out characters from faction leaderships in time. This would require a dedicated membership for the detective bureaus in PD/SD, but I think they might be able to get some people on that. Also, releasing a OOC casefile here and there would be nice. Especially if the gang shuts down or is forced shut. This would only apply if a relatively big part of the faction is actually force-CKed.

18 hours ago, Arachnid Man said:

Ima be honest GTAW did it right with the jail time and points system to life sentences.    

Bout the only thing they got right, I can't rp illegal on there even if I joined a gang. Hoping LSRP V isn't like World... 

It's a nice idea but I'm not supporting this. This one can bring a typical abuse from a law roleplayer for example that can hold an OOC grudge against another player who's roleplaying a gangmember or anything else If he's not apart of the law roleplay and decides to force a CK on. Leads to a forced CK because of the power he may hold. 

5 hours ago, KnownAlmighty said:

It's a nice idea but I'm not supporting this. This one can bring a typical abuse from a law roleplayer for example that can hold an OOC grudge against another player who's roleplaying a gangmember or anything else If he's not apart of the law roleplay and decides to force a CK on. Leads to a forced CK because of the power he may hold. 

LEOs should only be allowed to Force-CK when the criminal(s) don't fear-rp, such as raising up his weapon against 20 LEOs who got their weapons fixed on him. As long as you value your life, you should be fine. 

I'm not into forcing CK because not everyone is allowed to donate to change his character name. But, I'll accept it if he'll receive a free namechange from server. 
I think only LEO should only be allowed to force ck like @pure north said . 

38 minutes ago, Zaw_ said:

I think only LEO should only be allowed to force ck like @pure north said . 

Yeah I dunno about that one, chief. If only LEO's could force CK people this server would just become GTA:W, plus, it's not like cops never fail to rp fear or anything. If there's gonna be force CK's, they need to be enforced on both sides, period.

• OK 1

I don't think forced CKs should be a thing. Leave it the way it is with CK agreements. As for the prison aspect, I 100% agree with what @pure north said. It'd be nice to have an actual court system although I think it should maybe be limited to something like felonies and federal crimes to avoid clogging the system. Players should be able to rp as a lawyer for hire or work towards a career as a state attorney if they want to. A court system would also allow for civil cases. Prison time should decrease when not in-game possibly at a slightly slower rate than when in-game or players should be limited to spending only like 95% of the sentence offline and must serve the remainder in-game to encourage prison rp. Prison rp can add a lot to character development, especially if your focus is illegal rp. That's my 2 cents.

Edited by Frosty

Los Santos Electric, LLC [Now Hiring]

"Scared money don't make money"

- Gandhi, probably

Forced CK's will lead to even more people using throwaway characters to do stupid shit with and criminals will care less about their characters than many already did on the old server. I'd support much longer jail times though because IC it makes sense. Jail is meant to serve as a deterrent and if it's not doing that then the punishments aren't strict enough and actually have police confiscate any stolen items / money if they're killed so it can be returned to the victims who were able to call 911.

I believe this was actually in the penal code that assets from the proceeds of crime would be seized, but I don't think this was ever utilized. Something that should be looked into for the new server.

Force CKs shouldn't be a thing in my opinion, but lengthy prison times can stay. Maybe not as lengthy as before where you would have to do 30 IG hours. Prison roleplay is fun, but on slow days where there's no one online in prison to RP with then it gets boring quickly. Having a proper court system would be best. 

On 11/12/2021 at 10:11 PM, Redz said:

Though I'm not for forced CKs I rather see people value their character's lives a lot more than they did before. 

I'm with Redz on this.

Also on the topic of prison sentences, the SAMP LS-RP had a problem which I'm sure most of you are aware of which was inactivity within the prisons, majority of the activity was created by the correctional officers and at times by factions which decided to open within the prisons but didn't last very long except a selected few. The fact is that whenever there were factions opened in the prisons that's when the prisons were fun to roleplay in and that was a huge problem for the server to not have a functional and active roleplay scene within the prisons.

I remember there being an FMP (Faction Management Public) thread on the old LS-RP forums about this where a lot of the staff members voiced out their opinions on the matter, the biggest problem was that LS-RP couldn't force players to roleplay a lengthy prison sentence because there was nothing to do, people will/would get bored and complain at some point which wasn't what the server was about, you want to have fun playing a video game and not be bored, right?

I do however agree about the fact that there should be increased timers for violations. The SAMP LS-RP timers weren't as fun because majority of players didn't experience the prison system roleplay. Now with a fresh beginning for LS-RP I do believe that they can create some sort of new system that can increase roleplay within prisons and make it fun to roleplay there again, by tackling that obstacle it will achieve players wanting to roleplay these lengthy prison sentences. However having something like 700 minutes for a murder (just giving an example, I don't know what the actual time given for murder on SAMP LS-RP was) and then having the option to either go out and simply roleplay within your character's development that you were gone for 2 years or god knows how long when in fact OOCly you've been gone for two days isn't much of an option.

I think players (especially illegal players) are very nonchalant about committing crimes. There's always the exception where a player does the whole phase of stress and what not, when they properly roleplay fear of being caught and everything else but it ultimately results them going back out on the streets after laying low for a short amount of time.

I think that players should be more fearful of committing crime, especially things like murder, attempted murder, big heists & similar and I do think that can be achieved by having a functional and lengthy prison sentence which could stop and make their characters think twice about doing some of them because of the consequences. But I do also think that the prisons really need to be worked on so that those players who do end up there have someone or something to roleplay and have fun just like on the outside instead of AFKing their sentences away.

Edited by Biskit
  • Strong 1

𝗥𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗔𝗱𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿

I understand the concerns that comes with forced CKs, but I believe that it will add spice to the roleplay, people will fear the lives of their characters.

Also I believe that when it comes to faction wars, for some of them, CK perms should be given to both sides. Instead of just killing each other with nothing to gain and nothing to lose other than a weapon, CK wars forced by the faction management that can give the factions something to fight and die for would be nice to see, maybe turf, dominance, vassalizing another faction, taking over a legal front of another faction, or fighting over supplier spots would be awesome to see.  

i think forced permanent incarceration should be a thing when you reach a certain amount of violent felonies. it helps circumvent illegal vs legal divide by pushing criminals to interact with other criminals when engaging in violent crime as they're much less likely to be prosecuted. it also helps to prevent the disproportionate amount of robberies committed against civilians, especially in high income areas