Spawn Area

Gaz

As many LS-RP people know, the spawn on the SAMP server was the airport. The airport is a solid 5-10 minute run/walk into the city where any sort of RP might be. While there are frequently taxis available during peak hours, these taxis may dwindle to near none. There's no real beneficial reason to have the spawn all the way at the airport.

Does the staff have an idea for where the spawn may be for LSRP-V? Or how spawning will work in general? Will it work similarly to SAMP's, where you spawn at a 'default' location, unless you own/rent a home or are in a faction?

I think it'd be neat to have a few select areas for spawn, though that does leave room for abuse for one to log in/out and hop spawn areas.

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

As Above, So Below - KIEREN LEDBETTER

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png

27ca0f64b7.png

fe1c89c70f.png

0Bf0K91.png

vUa21sx.png

Spawning at one of the train stations would be nice.

Also, if there are multiple spawn points I think that there should be a timer that prevents people from abusing the spawn points.

The timer would be for example 5 minutes and if a player logs out and then immediately logs back in they will spawn at the location were they logged out. This would be one way of combating the spawn abuse if it becomes an issue.

• OK 1

8 hours ago, fragilespecs said:

Spawning at one of the train stations would be nice.

Also, if there are multiple spawn points I think that there should be a timer that prevents people from abusing the spawn points.

The timer would be for example 5 minutes and if a player logs out and then immediately logs back in they will spawn at the location were they logged out. This would be one way of combating the spawn abuse if it becomes an issue.

Would also be useful for game crashes/server restarts and the like.

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png

27ca0f64b7.png

fe1c89c70f.png

0Bf0K91.png

vUa21sx.png

I strongly disagree with the airport. The airport isn't nearly as far away in V as it is in SA but it's still far enough away. And it can be discouraging especially to new players if there's nobody around except you and you're stuck at an airport and you can't find anything to do. 

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png

27ca0f64b7.png

fe1c89c70f.png

0Bf0K91.png

vUa21sx.png

5 hours ago, yekim said:

have two motels on opposite sides of the city and let players choose between them. make it so they have to visit the other motel and /setspawn to change.

then spruce up these locations to invite roleplay

Agreed. I did some searching and think the following locations are suitable.

Spoiler

980dd56ca4.jpg

e09e5eac25.png

=========================================================================================================

faa5db415d.jpg

df1a025aac.png

=========================================================================================================

690330e5ec.jpg

37934c7127.png

I think there's a suitable amount of space between the three of them and are in fairly good areas.

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png

27ca0f64b7.png

fe1c89c70f.png

0Bf0K91.png

vUa21sx.png

On 11/1/2021 at 10:09 PM, Dott Dogg said:

First spawn maybe at the airport? Afterwards either where you logged off at, or a motel would make sense to me. Nobody wants to run 5-10 minutes to get into the city from the airport, if there isn’t s taxi, or a rental car available.

👍

I don't wanna be alone.