LS Port - Open Discussion

Rising Dust

What is your expectation from the port and how would you like to see it run.
As the new director I want to know from you how it can be improved from what it was and where there are points for change to create a good and quality playing environment.

Edited by Rising Dust

Current Character - Volya Federoff
Previous Characters

• Rising Dust changed the title to LS Port - Open Discussion

I just want the illegal roleplayers to use it more. Either import or export like fake clothes, jewelry, even drugs and weapons, bribe workers and stash stuff around. LS Port was usually focused on legal rp, I'm not sure if illegal rp was even allowed. So yeah, it could be an amazing opportunity for organized crime and not just a bunch of legal rpers roaming around. 

• Thumbs 1

39 minutes ago, dimes said:

I just want the illegal roleplayers to use it more. Either import or export like fake clothes, jewelry, even drugs and weapons, bribe workers and stash stuff around. LS Port was usually focused on legal rp, I'm not sure if illegal rp was even allowed. So yeah, it could be an amazing opportunity for organized crime and not just a bunch of legal rpers roaming around. 

Agreed, I think illegal should also be involved in the displacement of the port array.

Previous Characters

2 hours ago, dimes said:

There's a fella named Yura, that was really good at it...oh yeah, that's you. You already know what you gonna be doing, mister Yura.

1U8CXwc.png

uq91B3u.png

11 hours ago, KnownAlmighty said:

Criminal enterprises would be able to threaten and get the funds from the Port, unless someone else calls PD/SD out of fear and breaks it down. This is something that I want to see from the Port roleplay, it could bring more opportunities in the criminal roleplay too together as a whole. 

Extorting an institution isn't wise. Maybe you meant blackmail, perhaps some of the higher-ups in the LSPA may have been involved in corruption and the criminals enterprise has them on their leash for that.

First of all congratulations and I wish you the best of luck.
I'm going to write as one of the many managers of Port in LSRP-SAMP, so this going to be one of those "Too Long Didn't Read" type of posts. Though perhaps GTA V going to be whole different story but still I'd like to share some of my experiences that might come in handy for you as manager.

I'd say it is highly dependent of the manager/player when it comes to control the role-play such faction. If you consider fun you'll need to lose realism and if you focus on realism you'll lose the fun, therefore, it is your duty to balance this duo. All the these things people have mentioned above used to happen in Port back in our days, it just shows how uninvolved they were. 
What type of background your character has (Illegal) shouldn't effect your position as head of Port, you cannot ignore the fact Port is a fully legal work and with strong State Service you and the longshoremen would be under surveillance, however again it depends on how much realistic you want to be or could be when you approaching this type of role-play. 
That being said that does not mean doing illegal work is impossible within Port, I for example had illegal background while managing the port and have done couple of illegal things with all the role-play I could to not to effect my legal characteristic ICly in any way. 

There are few notes you should remember, 
When you are choosing your right wings and people who help you as management, try to bring up and give the position to the people that would mostly focus on legal role-play. WHY? Because port is the place that is going to be open-door for everyone, basically every illegal faction, civilians, ect going to be there and you would want to control it smoothly, if you share the whole port with your illegal faction (As manager) that is another story and it would just turn into your faction's legal front and Port work would lose the meaning of being for everyone, yet, if you put different people with illegal background you'll lose the control, you'd be struggling with legal matters, (Yet again that's only if State Services or Police Forces and such be all over on this matter, which I believe they should be) You'll be struggling with sudden employee loss that may effect your smooth work. 
Illegals characters would only join for the paychecks and don't do anything as Port Worker and you'll have to keep explaining the administrators who keep record on your activity why it is like that and so on. Also many other minor difficulties you'll face yourself. For these reasons I believe your character should be leaning more to its legal side than illegal. 

ICly you don't have to be friendly with everyone, it just turns against you and you'll lose control.
It is your duty to keep it fun, hold group role-plays at port, hold meetings with staff, schedule meeting with Police-Mayor-investors-candidates, run convoys around the town and so many other things you can do. 

These are what comes to my mind as of right now, I'd just add it up if anything else pop up. Again good luck with this, it is really fun to be role-playing at the Port. Legal or illegal it is good experience. Have fun. 

On 10/16/2021 at 1:11 AM, dimes said:

It should be mainly legal, but I agree on that illegal roleplayers should use it more. 

The port under Lanagan's leadership in collaboration with the Valenti crime family was head and shoulders above every other port faction ever. The blueprint was there for all to see in the twilight of LSRP SAMP; hopefully you were paying attention. 

Edited by Busato

So like that, I read most of the comments here and some of what you wrote is stuff I took in advance.

The operation and hierarchy of the port will always be at the top of the priority order.

In our advanced era crime families will not be able to control the port in general because today everything is under the supervision and control of the government.

I do encourage the port to be an active place for crime families and for them to be able to operate their roleplay environment.

I will soon expand further on the issue so that you get more information about the existing plans.

Edited by Rising Dust

Previous Characters

I'd love to see more jobs and illegal roleplay centered around the port outside of just trucking. Where are the security officers and nightwatch? Businessmen discussing important activities that impact the ecnonomy, illegal factions doing shady business. Feels like there could be a lot of life in this area, as I've always found it empty and isolating.

Not sure if this is doable or not but I think it would be truly epic if you had people going around driving Dock Handlers and moving shipping containers, placing them in designated areas or loading them on trucks. Especially if the shipping container's have their own inventories and thus theres an actual point in shipping them to a business rather than just going point A to point B like a scripted job.

Go meh gwai ying mana, ban tsai yeh. Wun nay lay Tai Hing tun bing tun lai cha, dam daka?

1 hour ago, Venta said:

Explain? How could the system work?

Maybe have some sort of script like the chop shop we used to have on SAMP. But this one could involve more roleplay with the people down the docks. I'll try to put up a plan for this but I'm pretty sure people would love to see it implemented. If I can't, someone could do it maybe. God knows how many scripted rp photos I've seen people driving cars into containers and nothing happening. Maybe, maybe...

28 minutes ago, philadelphia shooter said:

Maybe have some sort of script like the chop shop we used to have on SAMP. But this one could involve more roleplay with the people down the docks. I'll try to put up a plan for this but I'm pretty sure people would love to see it implemented. If I can't, someone could do it maybe. God knows how many scripted rp photos I've seen people driving cars into containers and nothing happening. Maybe, maybe...

29 minutes ago, philadelphia shooter said:

Maybe criminals steal the car, chop shop it at a random location (unknown to the police; maybe a criminal faction can chose one or two locations), make it into little bits and pieces, and then have a delivery driver deliver that to the port and then that gets put into a faction bank account? or individual bank if someone has the right career/job selected (like mechanic)

3 minutes ago, roskeii said:

Maybe criminals steal the car, chop shop it at a random location (unknown to the police; maybe a criminal faction can chose one or two locations), make it into little bits and pieces, and then have a delivery driver deliver that to the port and then that gets put into a faction bank account? or individual bank if someone has the right career/job selected (like mechanic)

The way chop shops used to work back in the day was to drive to the location and do a /cmd ( instant money spawning ). Maybe it will get overhauled, who knows. We're yet to see how the economy will work. Maybe there's a way for the people down at the port to be able to get bribes and an illegal source of income through the export/import, and that doesn't need to limit to just cars.

Edited by philadelphia shooter

• 1 month later...

The port was always such a cool aspect of LSRP when it was active and ran properly. Probably one of the best civilian roleplay on offer and allowed for an amazing front for illegal role players also. With the new script support hopefully on offer, the plethora of new vehicles and the shear size of the port on this map I hope to see people up and running it again.

It'd be cool to see a concept similar to the SAMP ship returning to facilitate part of this roleplay. Car imports would also be cool depending on how the dealership system runs.