The Government and You

Maxim

We've been trying to minimize paperwork as much as possible lately, but we were quite limited in SAMP, however, since it's a new start for LSRP - it should work out as we intended now. Minimizing the amount of "paperwork" done on the forums and focusing on the factions presence in-game in way that others could see it.

• Thumbs 1

qgv23wo.png

4 hours ago, Venta said:

We've been trying to minimize paperwork as much as possible lately, but we were quite limited in SAMP, however, since it's a new start for LSRP - it should work out as we intended now. Minimizing the amount of "paperwork" done on the forums and focusing on the factions presence in-game in way that others could see it.

As long as it's not going back to when licensing was rolling around masked up with guns playing vigilante, using gov vehicles. 

• Thumbs 1

10 hours ago, Fiendfyre said:

As long as it's not going back to when licensing was rolling around masked up with guns playing vigilante, using gov vehicles. 

I can assure you that won't happen again, back then PD didn't have as much influence when it comes to business matters as it has now with DSVD, therefore wrong decisions were made in Licensing to compensate for that. 

qgv23wo.png

• Lead Admin

I wonder how it’ll work in terms of taxes. Back in the day, funds for projects had to be requested by admins (requests like this were often rejected though). 

I guess I’d be interested in knowing more about the economy and where the money sinks will be, what proactive things are in place to limit inflation etc, but that’s not entirely related to the topic at hand here. 

So yeah, the degree to which gov will have access to city funds, and how much say it has in how such funds are distributed (potentially even going so far as to impact on public service salaries and all that) would be interesting to know too. 

Sal

On 1/28/2022 at 3:38 PM, Allegra said:

I wonder how it’ll work in terms of taxes. Back in the day, funds for projects had to be requested by admins (requests like this were often rejected though). 

I guess I’d be interested in knowing more about the economy and where the money sinks will be, what proactive things are in place to limit inflation etc, but that’s not entirely related to the topic at hand here. 

So yeah, the degree to which gov will have access to city funds, and how much say it has in how such funds are distributed (potentially even going so far as to impact on public service salaries and all that) would be interesting to know too. 

Current aim is to minimize money spawning in the server to a minimum, making at least some money actually circulate in the economy. 

qgv23wo.png

I think it's a good idea that firearm licensing will switch from PD to GOV.

And the parking enforcement is amazing! 

When I used to be a deputy, I kinda found it funny cops giving tickets.

Having an actual parking enforcement will make everything more realistic, add another faction and will have the main objective of keeping the streets clean!

Kudos for the idea, its brilliant!

• Thumbs 1

On 1/30/2022 at 6:30 PM, orklainer said:

Having an actual parking enforcement will make everything more realistic, add another faction and will have the main objective of keeping the streets clean!

There's big plans for parking enforcement, hopefully they'll work out. They will also fill in whenever PD/SD needs a car impounded.

qgv23wo.png

We're looking for players who may be interested in joining the city council, aka our legislative aspect of the government. Writing legislation, voting on it, debates and politics are all part of it - we're also going to push for more in-game interaction and roleplay instead of the old forum bureaucracy.

If you're interested feel free to submit the next application to my forum PMs.

Forum name:
Character name:
How long have you been playing LSRP for?:
Provide a short backstory of your councilman/councilwoman character (max. 300 words):
Which district/area would you be interested in representing? (There's no set list of districts as of right now, name of the area will be enough):
Do you understand the role of the LS City Council and therefore acknowledge that it's meant to realistically depict the LA City Council? Provide a short explanation of duties of the City Council as a legislative body of the city (max. 200 words):

If you're interested in pursuing a path in one of the political parties we have (DEM, GOP) shoot me a message as well.

• Thumbs 1
  • Strong 2

MAYOR TIMOTHY KNIGHT

LSGOV DISCORD

LSGOV FORUMS

On 1/30/2022 at 10:30 AM, orklainer said:

Traffic cops do give parking tickets though, realistically.

https://www.ladotparking.org/parking-enforcement/

On 12/30/2021 at 8:37 PM, Maxim said:
On 12/30/2021 at 3:17 AM, Fiendfyre said:

Are courts falling under GOV?

Yes.

I was under the impression that we were talking about municipal Gov. That government entity does not manage the courts. The judicial branch is independent and thus the courts don't fall under GOV. Since State Gov is a review board consisting of Server Administration representatives, doesn't that mean that the courts are independent and faction management is tasked with their oversight?

Edited by Quicky

DISTRICT ATTORNEY NATHANIEL COOPER
LOS SANTOS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE"For the People"
VVtNi9h.png

21 minutes ago, Quicky said:

I was under the impression that GOV was City Gov, and that government entity does not manage the courts. The judicial branch is independent. Since State Gov is a review board consisting of Server Administration representatives, doesn't that mean that the courts are independent and faction management is tasked with their oversight?

Yes. JSA is a separate entity in terms of being a separate faction.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 5:23 PM, Maxim said:

We're looking for players who may be interested in joining the city council, aka our legislative aspect of the government. Writing legislation, voting on it, debates and politics are all part of it - we're also going to push for more in-game interaction and roleplay instead of the old forum bureaucracy.

If you're interested feel free to submit the next application to my forum PMs.

Forum name:
Character name:
How long have you been playing LSRP for?:
Provide a short backstory of your councilman/councilwoman character (max. 300 words):
Which district/area would you be interested in representing? (There's no set list of districts as of right now, name of the area will be enough):
Do you understand the role of the LS City Council and therefore acknowledge that it's meant to realistically depict the LA City Council? Provide a short explanation of duties of the City Council as a legislative body of the city (max. 200 words):

If you're interested in pursuing a path in one of the political parties we have (DEM, GOP) shoot me a message as well.

Still looking.

MAYOR TIMOTHY KNIGHT

LSGOV DISCORD

LSGOV FORUMS

May have been asked already, however:

Will there be representation for LS County? I understand the legislature will be based on LA City Council, however would the product IG be rather an amalgamation and incorporate representation for areas not covered by the city?

22 hours ago, Aro said:

Will there be representation for LS County? I understand the legislature will be based on LA City Council, however would the product IG be rather an amalgamation and incorporate representation for areas not covered by the city?

The Council will also include the county area (we considered changing the name of the Council to reflect the inclusion of the county area, but ultimately went against it as we don't want to over-complicate things, so we just kept it as the City Council). We will also consider the county area when making decisions, there will also be services which will only apply to them, so we don't pull an LS:RP SA:MP and neglect everything outside of the city.

MAYOR TIMOTHY KNIGHT

LSGOV DISCORD

LSGOV FORUMS

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 5:36 AM, Aro said:

I believe the form of local government we're adopting is a 'consolidated city-county government'. There aren't enough players to necessitate separate county and city governments. Therefore, we're basically merging both governments through this form of local government. This is necessary because the server maintains both county and city government agencies. 

Edited by vrb
  • Thumbs 1