The Government and You

Maxim

Hello everyone,

I am Maxim, some of you may know/remember me as Frank Underhill and I'm currently in charge of the government faction here in LS-RP:V. With the move to GTA:V we decided to make major changes to the government faction, how it functions and its structure.

Here are some changes we decided to take, with a brief explanation as to why we went that route:

Los Santos City Government - We decided to revert back to a municipal system, the Mayor overseeing all government operations instead of the Secretary of State or the Lieutenant Governor. We went through multiple concepts and decided it would be best to re-introduce LSGOV, while not the best system - it is better than what we had before.

Involvement - The government will be more involved with legal factions and the community in general. We want to introduce new concepts that weren't around on SAMP, with some already in place such as the city budget (which involves all government factions), in-game licenses and more. We want to maintain an interactive government, with useful services (both in roleplay and script-wise) that players could use.

New services - We integrated new services into the faction, such as the Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner, firearm licenses and parking enforcement. We want to improve roleplay and move on from old concepts (such as impounding vehicles non-stop).

*Everything is still being discussed and might change by the time the server releases.

In order to support these new changes, we decided to open up recruitment and allow players to join the faction pre-launch. If you wish to take a look at our open vacancies go ahead and check our new forums: https://forum.lsgov.us/

We also have a brand new Discord server which can be found here: https://discord.gg/DVGfh3nsKP

If you have any ideas/questions related to LSGOV feel free to write them down here, or join our Discord and message us there.

• CJ 1
  • Ryder 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 4
  • Love 2

MAYOR TIMOTHY KNIGHT

LSGOV DISCORD

LSGOV FORUMS

14 hours ago, Ascendency said:

When will Port Authority Police be established?

We haven't looked into it yet, but we're going to discuss the idea soon (this upcoming week). Not sure it might happen tho, it's early to tell.

14 hours ago, Jerome said:

Are they moving the application system for firearm licenses to government? I hope not, and I hope the LSPD continues to handle firearm licenses for obvious reasons.

Not sure what those obvious reasons are, but yes. Licenses will be handled by the government and the whole process is going to be done in-game.

MAYOR TIMOTHY KNIGHT

LSGOV DISCORD

LSGOV FORUMS

55 minutes ago, Maxim said:

We haven't looked into it yet, but we're going to discuss the idea soon (this upcoming week). Not sure it might happen tho, it's early to tell.

Not sure what those obvious reasons are, but yes. Licenses will be handled by the government and the whole process is going to be done in-game.

The obvious reasons being the problem we had with people in the governments licensing section driving around in premiers and armor pretending to be detectives on SAMP. Also, the police department should handle firearm licensing, realistically speaking. They’re the ones that do extensive background checks, revoke violators ig (violators usually caught by cops) and so forth.

4 hours ago, Jerome said:

The obvious reasons being the problem we had with people in the governments licensing section driving around in premiers and armor pretending to be detectives on SAMP. Also, the police department should handle firearm licensing, realistically speaking. They’re the ones that do extensive background checks, revoke violators ig (violators usually caught by cops) and so forth.

The Los Santos Police Department will not handle firearms licenses anymore. I have full confidence that Maxim will handle it well and with a completely new and hopefully better system to handle it completely in the game.

8 hours ago, Jerome said:

This is a new chapter, new people. Mistakes were made in the past and everything will be done to prevent them from repeating.

qgv23wo.png

7 hours ago, Jerome said:

That won't be the case anymore, what you're bringing up happened a few years ago under different people. I've already brought up Licensing's fiasco in one of our faction-leadership meetings and made it clear that's not a route we're going for. Government licenses, and the department itself won't be a heavy burden to deal with as it was before. As for the other thing - it's true that law enforcement should do it, however we decided to take it in because it makes things easier script-wise.

MAYOR TIMOTHY KNIGHT

LSGOV DISCORD

LSGOV FORUMS

10 hours ago, Jerome said:

What you are referring to happened around five years ago under different leadership, the faction was reformed and replaced by State Government which didn't have an active licensing department as far as I know and therefore your argument is invalid. Los Santos City Government faction will mainly consist of former members of State Government and of course new members joining through recruitment, this is the second time the faction is being reformed, everything is made from scratch and they are aiming for a fun and approachable government.

Edited by Monocle

18 minutes ago, Monocle said:

What you are referring to happened around five years ago under different leadership, the faction was reformed and replaced by State Government which didn't have an active licensing department as far as I know and therefore your argument is invalid. Los Santos City Government faction will mainly consist of former members of State Government and of course new members joining through recruitment, this is the second time the faction is being reformed, everything is made from scratch and they are aiming for a fun and approachable government.

It happened sometime before the server closed actually, I was gonna arrest the guy myself. He ended up being arrested by another detective. Forget his name, think it started with a P though. Either way, if it's an issue that's been fixed and a plan to prevent such from happening again has been implemented, good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

LSGOV FORUMS

Guys, just a reminder that we've got OOC pre-launch recruitment going on all the way until server launch. We're currently hiring for the following positions:

Human Resources Generalist | Personnel Department

Trainee Technician | Department of Public Works

Trainee Traffic Officer | Bureau of Parking Management*

Bus Operator Trainee | Department of Transportation

Treasurer Staff | Office of Finance

Probationary Licensing Official | Licensing Bureau

Deputy Coroner | Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner

Forensic Pathology Fellow | Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner

Medical Examiner | Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner

Assistant Director | Los Santos Port Authority

*Only for players, who have been in a LEO faction in the past.

Most of the positions accept reinstatements as well, with the exception of those which never existed in SAMP LS-RP.

qgv23wo.png

Probably something for government to handle: A construction company. Surely you'll handle business registrations and regulation, would be a good opportunity for more civilian roleplay, especially if scripted. Also a good application of a popular topic, which is numerous money sinks to keep people's wallets tame, compared to original LS-RP where people racked up infinite money. The purchaser of the property has to pay construction costs (maybe only if it's a different type of business from the previous owner or something) and your construction workers will head there and work on it for a period of time before the business can even be used in the script. Other responsibilities for them can be implemented as well if this is a scripted system, such as decay around the city like recorded damage of when cars hit signs, light poles, walls, etc. or just over time incidents such as pipe bursts or potholes, I could even script it if needed.

1 hour ago, Zachh said:

Probably something for government to handle: A construction company. Surely you'll handle business registrations and regulation, would be a good opportunity for more civilian roleplay, especially if scripted. Also a good application of a popular topic, which is numerous money sinks to keep people's wallets tame, compared to original LS-RP where people racked up infinite money. The purchaser of the property has to pay construction costs (maybe only if it's a different type of business from the previous owner or something) and your construction workers will head there and work on it for a period of time before the business can even be used in the script. Other responsibilities for them can be implemented as well if this is a scripted system, such as decay around the city like recorded damage of when cars hit signs, light poles, walls, etc. or just over time incidents such as pipe bursts or potholes, I could even script it if needed.

Having a government-owned construction company doesn't really make sense, in almost all cases the government contracts a private owned company instead and may assign an overseeing department. In this case we have the Department of Public Works, which handles day-to-day tasks as repairs, maintenance etc. on it's own with it's own Technicians and has potential to handle various administrative tasks too.

Scripted features are to be expected.

qgv23wo.png

• 4 weeks later...

More and more hate on Licensing Bureau from people who prefered to shoot at Licensing Officials instead of fucking taking five minutes on forums to register their business and pay like 3.5k. 

Yes, Maxim, there were lots of problems in the government, but I think, people who hate on it fall under the category who thought that they were  so cool they could have scared the government.  Yes, there were bad  employees as well.  I took small part in working on guides and things for the BoL when Oliver Andrews  and Angela Havish started "creating" the BoL. These leaders were trying their best to make the Licensing Bureau better place for the role-play.  We did not have good new comers, because people were not interested as most of our work was forum based.  I joined the government twice and left after reaching the SLO rank.  So, I was in the faction under different leaderships (Oliver Andrews, Angela Havish, Ross and Mactavish) and I can assure you that mistakes were done from both sides.  As for the detective part, actually Licensing Officials were some kind of "detectives" as well because of our  responsibilities and personally, I had several operations with VICE back in days and they actually used our faction to counter criminals.  Also, Bureau of Licensing was an organization that collected taxes  and they had some kind of  "financial police" duties which was managed horribly, I agree.  The licensing system was not great, but seriously, no one was limiting businesses if owners  had their activities registered.  Unfortunately, screenshots are lost as the old forum is down, but believe me that I could post here many screenshots of people acting like Al Capone, threatening licensing officials, banning them from the entry just because they were asked to register their premises, lol.  Oh and when you locked their place because of it, they were whining and blaming BoL for ruining the role-play.  Imagine gang members requesting to shut down LSPD, because they don't like being caught while committing a murder.

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, Fiendfyre said:

Are courts falling under GOV?

Yes.

4 hours ago, dzgapaan said:

More and more hate on Licensing Bureau from people who prefered to shoot at Licensing Officials instead of fucking taking five minutes on forums to register their business and pay like 3.5k. 

Yes, Maxim, there were lots of problems in the government, but I think, people who hate on it fall under the category who thought that they were  so cool they could have scared the government.  Yes, there were bad  employees as well.  I took small part in working on guides and things for the BoL when Oliver Andrews  and Angela Havish started "creating" the BoL. These leaders were trying their best to make the Licensing Bureau better place for the role-play.  We did not have good new comers, because people were not interested as most of our work was forum based.  I joined the government twice and left after reaching the SLO rank.  So, I was in the faction under different leaderships (Oliver Andrews, Angela Havish, Ross and Mactavish) and I can assure you that mistakes were done from both sides.  As for the detective part, actually Licensing Officials were some kind of "detectives" as well because of our  responsibilities and personally, I had several operations with VICE back in days and they actually used our faction to counter criminals.  Also, Bureau of Licensing was an organization that collected taxes  and they had some kind of  "financial police" duties which was managed horribly, I agree.  The licensing system was not great, but seriously, no one was limiting businesses if owners  had their activities registered.  Unfortunately, screenshots are lost as the old forum is down, but believe me that I could post here many screenshots of people acting like Al Capone, threatening licensing officials, banning them from the entry just because they were asked to register their premises, lol.  Oh and when you locked their place because of it, they were whining and blaming BoL for ruining the role-play.  Imagine gang members requesting to shut down LSPD, because they don't like being caught while committing a murder.

We hope to make licenses as a whole a friendlier interaction and reduce the amount of tedious work it used to take, which is why they'll be conducted in-game. I know the bureau had its good times, but a lot of people have somewhat of a bitter memory of it which we hope to change by making the bureau more approachable, serious and fun.

MAYOR TIMOTHY KNIGHT

LSGOV DISCORD

LSGOV FORUMS