Should /examinevehicle be a thing?

MZeded

One thing that I believe is missing from a lot of roleplay servers is the ability to examine other players' vehicles. I feel that if added this could help with mechanic RP since players don't need to constantly state in /do the condition of their car.

spacer.png

It seems a bit RPGish to me, surely if someone wants the role of a mechanic (which the majority don't, it merely is just for paychecks) then they would want to role play examining the vehicle and the person who owns the car can point them in the direction via /do - commands which reduce role play aren't really necessary. People should be engaging as much as possible.

Maybe it would be nice to have this feature if players want to skip the role play as they usually do, but for me personally, I enjoy all role play encounters without the short cuts. It is what it is.

I think having things examinable in general would be really nice. Not unlike having a command for having an examine command for a person. Less for mechanic RP, and more just in general especially where a lot of people are around and there's going to be a lot of chatter going around. Ie, car shows, busy garages, or other scenarios.

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

As Above, So Below - KIEREN LEDBETTER

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png

27ca0f64b7.png

fe1c89c70f.png

0Bf0K91.png

vUa21sx.png

13 minutes ago, King said:

It seems a bit RPGish to me, surely if someone wants the role of a mechanic (which the majority don't, it merely is just for paychecks) then they would want to role play examining the vehicle and the person who owns the car can point them in the direction via /do - commands which reduce role play aren't really necessary. People should be engaging as much as possible.

Maybe it would be nice to have this feature if players want to skip the role play as they usually do, but for me personally, I enjoy all role play encounters without the short cuts. It is what it is.

Maybe stuff like bumper stickers and window stickers can be part of the  /examinevehicle feature to not completely reduce potential roleplay? I can understand the concern.

spacer.png

• Lead Admin

What would be in the /examinevehicle though? While I understand it makes things easier it removes that 1 to 1 you get with someone else playing. Not to mention, someone would see what's wrong with the car visuals unless its a issue under the hood and that point you can just ICly tell someone.

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

A command that lets you see a car's physical appearance, that otherwise isn't possible to represent via in-game mechanics would beneficial. I often RP the state of my characters' vehicles, explaining what the exterior and interior look like, having something in place where you can write a generalized examine for a car would be nice as it'd streamline the process a bit. Only downside I can see is from those people who write some whack /examines that are over the top and we'll likely see some strange examines for vehicles too

• Thumbs 1

1 hour ago, jack said:

What would be in the /examinevehicle though? While I understand it makes things easier it removes that 1 to 1 you get with someone else playing. Not to mention, someone would see what's wrong with the car visuals unless its a issue under the hood and that point you can just ICly tell someone.

Something similar to what people use when setting the appearance/description of their character. Something that can be easily observed without looking too deep into it such as, as you mentioned, mechanical integrity.

Could use it to describe a messy interior, bumper stickers, FOR SALE signs, gunshot holes, specific branding, and anything else people can come up with.

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

As Above, So Below - KIEREN LEDBETTER

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png

27ca0f64b7.png

fe1c89c70f.png

0Bf0K91.png

vUa21sx.png

58 minutes ago, Gazura said:

Something similar to what people use when setting the appearance/description of their character. Something that can be easily observed without looking too deep into it such as, as you mentioned, mechanical integrity.

Could use it to describe a messy interior, bumper stickers, FOR SALE signs, gunshot holes, specific branding, and anything else people can come up with.

At this point I think it’s better to allow a player to generate something like a /vpd  ( “Vehicle Permanent Do” ) sticked to the vehicle and let other players see it only via /checkvehicle or /examinevehicle. 

/vpd would be useful for descriptions even when another player is not around. Fact is (for example) that personally I would avoid using /examinevehicle if near me there is the vehicle Owner, I mean, I would interact with him

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

I always wanted a feature like this to be added, ever since I've played Owlgaming a few years back. In Owlgaming's MTA RP server, you could press the ALT button(I think) and you can examine whatever the owner of the vehicle has placed on the vehicle description.

Well, I'm not saying that it should work exactly like Owlgaming's, unless if RAGEMP can support such a feature. What I want suggested is that the vehicle description would be UI-based - You can right click on a vehicle to access the vehicle description, and/or script a command that lets you see the description when you type its license plate, like /examinevehicle [LICENSEPLATE]. A feature like this is beneficial to roleplay scenarios related to vehicles, examples such as;
- Mechanic roleplay - Maybe you can put that the engine would emit dark exhaust fumes upon starting, or the muffler is hanging really low due to a faulty exhaust hanger.
- Gearhead/Car Enthusiast roleplay - Especially at crowded car meets or dealerships, you can't really make a /do of whatever has been done to vehicle without being completely drowned by the chatter from other people. In World, you could basically put a /cim or a /createscene to do the job but it would clutter the lot, not to mention sometimes the person forgets to remove it after the event's ended. 
- Crime scene investigations - You can put it so that the vehicle has been completely riddled with bullet holes and broken glass after a shootout or a drive-by, making the investigation RP easier for police officers and detectives to conduct.

j2EtPCl.png

Spoiler

"Everybody asks me, "what the fuck is Zyzz about, what the fuck is up with those videos, cunt? You're fucking up yourself cunt!". It's a fuckin' act, there is no Zyzz. You mirin', brah? Well I'll give you more reason to mire now bro. It's fuckin' Zyzz, brah. Everyone has a little bit of Zyzz in them. Every fucking cunt out there, you're a fuckin' sick cunt if you wanna be, brah. Stop being a fucking sad cunt, alright? Go out, get bitches.

That's what we do in this shit, brah. You wanna be a fucking little sad cunt? Fuck that shit, bro. Every little haters gonna hate, bro. You'll never be like Zyzz, brah, cause I'm a fucking sick cunt, mate. Every one of us has a little bit of Zyzz in us, you just don't know it yet. You're sitting here going, "who the fuck is this fucking faggot?", well, you're probably right. But I'm fuckin' shredded brah, ye cunt. Cuz at the end of the day bro, you gotta listen to this...

If you're a fucking shredded sick cunt, you get away with anything bro. You make fun of some fat cunt making a shit and people will be like "Aw yeah, Zyzz bro, yeah". No one'll give a fuck, man.

In life, if you wanna be noticed, you gotta be a fuckin' ripped cunt. You gotta be a shredded cunt. You gotta go to the gym and be a sick cunt. You gotta fuck bitches, you know and not give a fuck cuz that's what we do, bro. That's what the Zyzz cunts do. That's what the revolution is, bro. None of these fuckin' sad cunts. We're all gonna fuckin' make it bro, that's it."

I'm in full support, it would be neat to be able to add little details like stickers to your car for people to examine. There was a community on MTA who managed to have it to where when the ALT button was held a box popped up with all the vehicle information and any damages someone might've been RPing- all the way down to a license plate bracket. I don't really see this being widely abused as it never was in said community, but if we could mirror that system rather than having to type in a command to examine the vehicle that would be lovely. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 11:17 PM, Kim V said:

I'm in full support, it would be neat to be able to add little details like stickers to your car for people to examine. There was a community on MTA who managed to have it to where when the ALT button was held a box popped up with all the vehicle information and any damages someone might've been RPing- all the way down to a license plate bracket. I don't really see this being widely abused as it never was in said community, but if we could mirror that system rather than having to type in a command to examine the vehicle that would be lovely. 

b9814ab62c.png 

Im originally from MTA so this would be what you were referring to,

• Love 1

On 10/7/2021 at 1:28 AM, Gazura said:

I think having things examinable in general would be really nice. Not unlike having a command for having an examine command for a person. Less for mechanic RP, and more just in general especially where a lot of people are around and there's going to be a lot of chatter going around. Ie, car shows, busy garages, or other scenarios.

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-R

Being able to examine the vehicle would be good for PD as well, to see what type of a car it is at first because you have to call in what you're pursuing. Some people have played long enough to know most of the vehicles but the newer ones might find it hard. Or just make it like a thing that shows the name if you enable a command or such. Otherwise, yeah, don't show engine information etcetera. It's Out of Character information mostly and should be determined by role-play and trust. If someone blatantly lies about the engine level OOCly, it's obviously not allowed and vehicle scams in general are not allowed, so it should be left behind trust.

Yeah I really like this idea! I can’t say I’d personally use it much but I reckon it’d be a big one for characters who love their cars, and as someone said previously, for the PD and SD to identify vehicles. Agree that it should only be visible things though. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

On 10/15/2021 at 7:37 AM, Zaw_ said:

Only if it describes what you can see. I don't wanna wanna know what type of engine etc.. 

After reading this overall suggestion, I was like ugh... I wouldn't want to know anyone's exhaust, engine info and what not. If it's just to describe a messy interior, a for sale sign, bumper stickers, a significant scratch or dent on the vehicle itself from an accident, etc. Simple stuff like that. I wouldn't want it being visible at all times but rather using a command like explained by others. Neat. 🙂

• Strong 1