Animals in LSRP?

KnownAlmighty

I'd love for dogs to be added. Any pets in general make for fun rp. Hope they won't get locked behind a paywall. Defeats the whole purpose. Realistically, most people have a pet, so I don't get why everyone is complaining. No, you shouldn't be able to fight with it, make it attack someone etc. That would just open up a whole can of worms and I'd see it all unfold on the reports page.   

Fluffy pet=good

Alright, so I'll divide my answer in two sections.

Wild animals:

These should, if scripted in, be inserted along with not only a hunting feature but also to fulfill the emptiness or otherwise emphasize the danger of certain areas with animals such as coyotes and mountain lions. They should also be fit, depending on the animal model chosen for the npc, fit into 1 of 3 caterogies:

-Passive (Runs away from players should a certain distance limit be broken, say 30m)
-Conservative (Enters a state of alert should the distance limit of (for example) 30m be broken, and alternatively attack should it or the player(s) get closer than half of the alert's radius)
-Aggressive (As the name states, these animals should have a wider radius of detection (for example 45m) and make their presence known, alternatively enter an immediate state of aggressiveness should it or the player(s) get closer than, for example, 30-40m.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Domestic animals:

These should, if scripted in, consist of no attacking/tackling features whatsoever, and:

-If scripted in, make the animals plain NPCs whose only commands are to follow, roam, come to, sit, lay, sleep. Be they dogs, cats or anything else that could be modded in as a pet and follow these capabilities. There should also be a menu where the player can select which animal breed of their selected species can be (if such alternatives are available) and to also not only name but to give their pets a description.

-Allow a specific faction-only feature, cost-free (should these pets be made donator only), where these trained K9 units would be able to sniff weapons, drugs, stashes + the commands mentioned above. A list and a heavy moderative system would have to be put in place by the factions to know which K9 Officer could sniff guns and which could sniff drugs, to prevent abuse and unrealism, such as:

-Officer John Doe, K9 Sergeant 'Zero' - Weapons Detail
-Officer Jane Doe, K9 Sergeant 'Ophelia' - Drugs Detail

Officer John could only utilize the command which allowed his K9 to sniff an individual or area for guns, and should he utilize the drug sniffing command - for it to be prohibited/prevented (not scriptly, just through list alone) to be roleplayed as it would constitute Powergaming by the LEO half.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal opinion:

I agree with Natasha and the smaller group in that these pets should either be free from a pet store or through a permanent/one-time donation.

Alternatively, make said pet store and allow each character slot to have one single pet at a time - and perhaps make donations available to increase the pet slots (one-time fee of $10 per slot, up to a maximum of 4). This should in no way allow players to spawn more than one pet though.

Edited by Silk.
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 1

QX3m2L4.pngQX3m2L4.png

aNddalB.pngaNddalB.png

🐍🏝️

good miscellaneous comments:

Spoiler
On 3/5/2022 at 8:46 PM, Chuckles said:

Certified 🍞 maker

On 10/31/2021 at 4:59 AM, Sons said:

they were already samp, so I'm sure they will be here on ragemp as well

seriously though, it will be cool if such a function appeared on the server

creasing

On 2/20/2022 at 3:19 AM, Silk. said:

Alright, so I'll divide my answer in two sections.

Wild animals:

These should, if scripted in, be inserted along with not only a hunting feature but also to fulfill the emptiness or otherwise emphasize the danger of certain areas with animals such as coyotes and mountain lions. They should also be fit, depending on the animal model chosen for the npc, fit into 1 of 3 caterogies:

-Passive (Runs away from players should a certain distance limit be broken, say 30m)
-Conservative (Enters a state of alert should the distance limit of (for example) 30m be broken, and alternatively attack should it or the player(s) get closer than half of the alert's radius)
-Aggressive (As the name states, these animals should have a wider radius of detection (for example 45m) and make their presence known, alternatively enter an immediate state of aggressiveness should it or the player(s) get closer than, for example, 30-40m.

Domestic animals:

These should, if scripted in, consist of no attacking/tackling features whatsoever, and:

-If scripted in, make the animals plain NPCs whose only commands are to follow, roam, come to, sit, lay, sleep. Be they dogs, cats or anything else that could be modded in as a pet and follow these capabilities. There should also be a menu where the player can select which animal breed of their selected species can be (if such alternatives are available) and to also not only name but to give their pets a description.

-Allow a specific faction-only feature, cost-free (should these pets be made donator only), where these trained K9 units would be able to sniff weapons, drugs, stashes + the commands mentioned above. A list and a heavy moderative system would have to be put in place by the factions to know which K9 Officer could sniff guns and which could sniff drugs, to prevent abuse and unrealism, such as:

-Officer John Doe, K9 Sergeant 'Zero' - Weapons Detail
-Officer Jane Doe, K9 Sergeant 'Ophelia' - Drugs Detail

Officer John could only utilize the command which allowed his K9 to sniff an individual or area for guns, and should he utilize the drug sniffing command - for it to be prohibited/prevented (not scriptly, just through list alone) to be roleplayed as it would constitute Powergaming by the LEO half.

Personal opinion:

I agree with Natasha and the smaller group in that these pets should either be free from a pet store or through a permanent/one-time donation.

Alternatively, make said pet store and allow each character slot to have one single pet at a time - and perhaps make donations available to increase the pet slots (one-time fee of $10 per slot, up to a maximum of 4). This should in no way allow players to spawn more than one pet though.

This basically sums up my opinion too, very well-rounded answer. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

On 10/6/2021 at 10:25 AM, malarkeyy said:

Apply to get a dog or other animal. If you are caught rolelaying with it improperly, you lose it for that OOC reason. That is to ensure that anyone who has an animal has it for character development purposes and not to troll around. 

This would be actually pretty awesome 🙂