LS vs LA

Monocle

Since Los Santos, San Andreas is based on real life city of Los Angeles, California, I remember seeing people roleplaying their characters from LA who moved to LS for whatever reason, I don't think LA should be mentioned in game since these two are exactly the same even though the two cities have different economy, population and size, I think LS, SA should entirely replace LA, CA.

Of course this doesn't apply to other cities like New York City and Miami, but what do you think?

Edited by Monocle

I've always stuck to using the GTA universe city names instead of the IRL counterparts, but that's just my preference. I don't think it really effects a situation that much, just roll with whatever to avoid effecting the flow of RP, I'm sure everyone RPing would know which city they're refering to regardless of if they use the IRL name or the GTA lore name.

I think refering to street names/districts from LA, claiming they exist in LS is where things get messy and more confusing. There are many areas throughout GTA 5's LS that take inspiration from multiple locations in LA and not just one single location.

In my opinion people should be encouraged to refer to the locations as they are, LS should replace LA but at the end of the day it's not a big deal.

3 minutes ago, Duckling said:

Per MMartin. Los Santos is the replacement for Los Angeles. LA should not be role played as a place on LSRP. So Los Santos is Los Angeles.

Same goes for California as a state.

California = San Andreas
Los Angeles = Los Santos

This. Locking this thread as this was answered.