What do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?

Since GTA V gives you a lot of oportunity script-wise I would like to see an active K9 unity.
In terms of roleplay I would like to see more roleplay and less shooting ( as someone already said ). Plus police officers should develop their characters even off-duty, not only when they're on-duty and then log-off. Last but not least it would be nice if they set up more public events.

it.png  SENIOR TESTER MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

20 hours ago, Nature said:

Hi Tokyos,

Unsure of whether you were on LSRP in the last 18 - 24 months, however we cracked down on character development and had strict emphasis on it department wide. If faction members have questionable development or do not promote realism they are subject to a warning, and ultimately a removal from the faction. This will be continued in V. 

Hi Nature, 

I think I love you.
Adios.

• Love 1

• Senior Lead Admin
14 hours ago, Ronnie2Polez said:

fun and not 1:1 with real life. 

This is something we’re continuously changing, and it’ll be fine tuned until the end of the faction probably! We have a healthy balance between fun, and immersion, but we’re always open to improvement. The goal for us is to provide quality police role play to the server, not to police the server. 

14 hours ago, Jerome said:

Leadership team welcoming constructive criticism rather than labeling it as slandering the faction. In the past, I myself have tried giving criticism which resulted in being pointed at as a problem starter and toxic. The leadership team needs to be open to taking suggestions and advice from both it's subordinates and those outside of the faction. There's nothing wrong with not understanding how to resolve every problem as a leader. It takes a good leader to listen and resolve the issue(s) in a way that benefits everyone. Also, the leadership team should try to voice their own individual opinions rather than just agree with what other members of top brass think. We don't need yes men.

Hey Jerome, thanks for the feedback. I’ll pass it on to our leadership team!

12 hours ago, FatSam121 said:

Ive always wanted to see a PD that actively does investigations aswell. 

It would have to be higher ranking people but for example, looking at wealthy individuals that are involved in crime. 

You see people living in the hood driving around $120,000 cars... shouldnt that raise a little suspicion? 

This is such a good call, Sam! Hopefully it’s something in V that will actually be feasible. On SA-MP the economy unfortunately over the years inflated so much, and the average player had millions of dollars, so this wasn’t seen as so inconspicuous. However, I’m sure this will be more of an option on the never server :). 

8 hours ago, Detergent said:

Where can I make an application for LSPD? I've made an account on the forum, could somebody link me?

Click me! — applications aren’t open until after the server has launched however. 

8 hours ago, Farrell said:
8 hours ago, Mikee said:

Since GTA V gives you a lot of oportunity script-wise I would like to see an active K9 unity.
In terms of roleplay I would like to see more roleplay and less shooting ( as someone already said ). Plus police officers should develop their characters even off-duty, not only when they're on-duty and then log-off. Last but not least it would be nice if they set up more public events.

K9 is something we’d love to introduce down the line. I agree character development is important, and will continue to be monitored. 

Public events!! Yes!! This is such a great call. Something we love doing, but also something that in SA-MP, didn’t gauge a lot of interest. In V we have a lot more available to us, so you’ll definitely be seeing a lot more community relations! 

1 hour ago, tokyos067 said:

Hi Nature, 

I think I love you.
Adios.

❤️

• Strong 1

Head of Staff
𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜

15 hours ago, Jerome said:

Leadership team welcoming constructive criticism rather than labeling it as slandering the faction. In the past, I myself have tried giving criticism which resulted in being pointed at as a problem starter and toxic. The leadership team needs to be open to taking suggestions and advice from both it's subordinates and those outside of the faction. There's nothing wrong with not understanding how to resolve every problem as a leader. It takes a good leader to listen and resolve the issue(s) in a way that benefits everyone. Also, the leadership team should try to voice their own individual opinions rather than just agree with what other members of top brass think. We don't need yes men.

Of course. I welcome all constructive criticism and I am open to read through any suggestions you and other people may have.

• Love 1

Realism when it comes to role playing fear, accept to lose sometimes, you cannot always win because you are the law. Furthermore better role play when it comes to driving, some of the driving I have witnessed throughout the years on SA-MP has been atrocious. Apart from that, I wish you the best of luck in your role.

Undercovers would also be interesting, I could elaborate on this quite extensively but as a criminal based player, I'll keep that one to myself lol. 

Edited by King

I'll answer as a member of LSPD. You'll still get your answers from leadership.

4 hours ago, Kwalski said:

Stop metagame and useless pull overs, the arrest should be more of a valid not just the ordinary reasons, LSRP cops were too harsh.

Metagame is still a server-wide rule and forced on every player, if you see anyone metagaming take evidence and report him/her.  
We have an inside policy/rule that we can't pull over anyone without a reason or just because there are four persons in the vehicle and if someone was found doing this I'm pretty sure he'll get suspended/terminated immediately.  But still thanks for the feedback I'll still keep it in mind as a member LSPD. 

And about arrest reason I'd say 80% of arrests were made because of evading, we never have arrested someone without a reason and most likely we always have a supervisor during the arrest, probably in V we will be roleplaying around judges/lawyers more, nothing sure yet.

That's what @nature said.
"This is definitely something also that we’re aware of, we care about the experience that we provide to players — I’ll make sure all of our supervisory staff keep this in mind. "

4 hours ago, King said:

Realism when it comes to role playing fear, accept to lose sometimes, you cannot always win because you are the law. Furthermore better role play when it comes to driving, some of the driving I have witnessed throughout the years on SA-MP has been atrocious. Apart from that, I wish you the best of luck in your role.

Undercovers would also be interesting, I could elaborate on this quite extensively but as a criminal based player, I'll keep that one to myself lol. 

Hola King 👑

As Nature said  "If faction members have questionable development or do not promote realism they are subject to a warning, and ultimately a removal from the faction. This will be continued in V. "  

They really don't like "P2W mentality" in LSPD and it doesn't mean you are superior than others just because you are an officer, we are here to provide quality police role play to the server not to police the server. 
Usually, new officers get evaluated on this point and their toxic attitude. So, if you see someone doing such a thing like that report him to the leadership on PD forums, and please don't ever think it's not an effective way, or they gonna ignore your complaint and do not take it seriously. 

I remember during my academy someone got kicked out of the academy just because he did a powergaming rp line. 

Realism when it comes to driving, we do have policy/protocol to follow when we are driving (We can't drive over sidewalks/parks or on train tracks) and we always have at least a supervisor+ during the pursuit he keeps reminding us to drive carefully and at every the end of a pursuit we get warned if someone drove in an unrealistic way. and I'd say driving has been improved in last two years with new rules. 

We gonna have few detective divisions such as Robbery-Homicide Division, Gang and Narcotics Division, Detective Support and Vice Division and if you wanna know more about how they function you can check it here. Official lapd webisite: https://www.lapdonline.org/detective_bureau 

Edited by Zaw_
  • OK 1
  • Love 1

If I could take one thing out of LS-RP SAMP era, moving into Rage MP: a competent, hardcore, roleplay server NEEDS something resembling a justice system. It is IMPOSSIBLE to roleplay a legal character, and build up reputation, when one corrupt cop can just throw a false charge on you - and if there isn't a justice system, there's nothing you can do about it. It's unrealistic, and it disinterests people from making legal characters - if given enough time eventually a corrupt cop will just false-charge you anyway. 

Edit.

To answer your question on what I wish from PD - please, make it a standard to collect evidence that would convict one beyond a reasonable doubt, like US cops are trained to. There's many exciting ways to do this, not of course forgetting interrogating suspects for a confession, or making potential plea offers.

Edited by Userone
  • Thumbs 1

• Senior Lead Admin
3 hours ago, Userone said:

If I could take one thing out of LS-RP SAMP era, moving into Rage MP: a competent, hardcore, roleplay server NEEDS something resembling a justice system. It is IMPOSSIBLE to roleplay a legal character, and build up reputation, when one corrupt cop can just throw a false charge on you

Hey Userone, 

Imprisoning a player for a lengthy period of time on a false charge would've been strictly frowned upon by faction leadership, and something like that would require permission, I agree this would be unfair. In the last couple of months of SA-MP, we introduced a corruption policy rule, meaning that any big decisions do need to be approved by someone of high authority, so I can presume this is more than likely not going to happen in LS-RP V, and should it happen, please report it to someone immediately. 

3 hours ago, Userone said:

To answer your question on what I wish from PD - please, make it a standard to collect evidence that would convict one beyond a reasonable doubt, like US cops are trained to. There's many exciting ways to do this, not of course forgetting interrogating suspects for a confession, or making potential plea offers.

These are good points, and they all correlate nicely to how the process happens in real life, however we also need to remember this is a game. Though we are all for promoting realism, it isn't realistic to arrest someone, then remand them in custody while going through a court trial etcetera, the character would potentially be unavailable to role play on for a period of days, or even longer than a week. This game is going to give us a lot more opportunities for evidence gathering & forensics as a whole, with scripts being put in place for us (for the first time, on SA-MP everything was found out through role playing collecting your evidence, then having your findings confirmed by the source OOCly.) 

Information gathering collectively in relation to what you mentioned about plea deals, statements etcetera will also be looked after in a more efficient way by our investigatory teams, so you can look forward to seeing that. These are all things we hope to implement, and improve as the genesis of the server continues. It won't be something we'll have perfect right away, but we'll get there.

Thanks for the feedback!

Head of Staff
𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜

It would be cool to see the faction leadership encourage community engagement in character. On SAMP, it was too few and far between characters actually getting fleshed out. It felt like a lot of players, who joined law enforcement factions, just followed a formula.

Implement realistic budgets and stick to them! Others have attempted this but it just ends with staff spawning money. LAPD and every other department in the US. work off a tight budget that is voted on annually.

Depending on where it falls it can adversely effect a number of things.

• New Officer hiring could increase or decrease based on the budget.
  • Officer retainment could suffer, budget shortcomings could result in less officers.
  • Department expansions hinge on the budget, the all mighty dollar and it takes a lot of them to run. This s a source of contention for almost every large department in the US.
  • Lawsuits affect the departments funds and in return puts very realistic pressure on the department heads to make sure people are on point and money isn't wasted.
  • Host a community fundraiser to help raise money. It happens all the time in the US to fund even the necessities... Example 1 Example 2
    • This could easily provide RP that isn't about kicking in doors and shooting people... its community outreach.
  • Budgeting for employee ammunition would be critical and put much needed checks and balances into the department.
    • Why did Officer J. Smith request and use over 1000 rounds over the past month?

All interactions with LEO's don't need to end in gun fights, arrests or police chases. Lets put initiatives forward to get cops out of cars and walking, doing beat work or other examples like....

Outreach Project in the Projects - These officers show up and coordinate with the community leaders to host a cookout, a charity event... a game of pick up basketball or maybe there is some excess budget for the year and they purchase and donate bicycles to the inner city youth gangbangers in Rancho, just a quick example. 

Pancake Charity Breakfast - Raising funds to get officers some new equipment.

♥️

• CJ 1
  • Thumbs 2
  • Love 1

On 10/8/2021 at 10:57 AM, zUgg said:

Implement realistic budgets and stick to them! Others have attempted this but it just ends with staff spawning money. LAPD and every other department in the US. work off a tight budget that is voted on annually.

• Officer retainment could suffer, budget shortcomings could result in less officers.
  • Department expansions hinge on the budget, the all mighty dollar and it takes a lot of them to run. This s a source of contention for almost every large department in the US.
  • Lawsuits affect the departments funds and in return puts very realistic pressure on the department heads to make sure people are on point and money isn't wasted.
  • Host a community fundraiser to help raise money. It happens all the time in the US to fund even the necessities... Example 1 Example 2
    • This could easily provide RP that isn't about kicking in doors and shooting people... its community outreach.
  • Budgeting for employee ammunition would be critical and put much needed checks and balances into the department.
    • Why did Officer J. Smith request and use over 1000 rounds over the past month?

All interactions with LEO's don't need to end in gun fights, arrests or police chases. Lets put initiatives forward to get cops out of cars and walking, doing beat work or other examples like....

Outreach Project in the Projects - These officers show up and coordinate with the community leaders to host a cookout, a charity event... a game of pick up basketball or maybe there is some excess budget for the year and they purchase and donate bicycles to the inner city youth gangbangers in Rancho, just a quick example. 

♥️

This is a good idea, but I think it has some flaws. For starters, I think that budgeting ammo might be a bit much. However, I do agree with the overall budget idea. This would also give some more RP to a finance division within PD that's responsible for managing and requesting funds. This'll tie in to the government and add some IC politics to the budget and such.

On 10/7/2021 at 7:23 PM, Cayl said:

It would be cool to see the faction leadership encourage community engagement in character. On SAMP, it was too few and far between characters actually getting fleshed out. It felt like a lot of players, who joined law enforcement factions, just followed a formula.

Hey Cayl, as a faction encourage diversity among characters and players. This is something actually being looked upon by leadership as far as I've read, and there's a whole host of changes coming along to discourage this as you spoke about. 

Our faction leadership has been heavily encouraging community engagement in character. Players who followed this were met with commendations and promotions. But, as far as policy goes where everything feels the same when you say "just followed a formula." I do agree this felt like the case and we could look into revising the manuals and looking into changing the FTP program to encourage more diversity among officers. 

On 10/8/2021 at 9:57 AM, zUgg said:

♥️

So, this is most definitely something were going to be working toward. We strive as a faction to be 1:1 with the LAPD and working with budgets brings a level of realism that were more than open to welcome. 

Currently, I know that we are looking into attaching weapons to people, so Person A is responsible for Weapon A. Meaning, if we find an increase of lost weapons with Person A, it's likely that we will notice the dip in the budget. Everything will be tracked coming inside and outside of the faction.

On part of "New Officer hiring could increase or decrease based on the budget." This is something we definitely could look into, although likely it won't be implemented for at least first few recruitment drives as we're planning on staffing up the department. But this is something that will have a bigger play later on. I can confidently say that the difficulty to get into the LSPD will be factors more difficult and more realistic, were not too concerned of over-saturating the department. But, If we do see an increased interest and people still passing for sure a great idea.

Another point you mention is "Lawsuits affect the departments funds and in return puts very realistic pressure on the department heads to make sure people are on point and money isn't wasted." This is a very real and great point, while I do agree that this is a significant reason that officer's have body-cams today as it would prevent and reduce the amount of lawsuits going toward the department. Going forward, we will definitely be looking out on our actions and what we have to do to keep the community safe.

As far as the community fundraiser's go, initially upon server release it most likely won't be something we will be implementing on the short-term. Once we gauge how much our expenses to income ratios are and calculate based off of that we most definitely could be hosting events in the near future. Even if they're not fundraisers we are looking into this as a wider area to expand community outreach and roleplay.

For the budgeting of bullets goes I will have to agree with Bauer here as it would be a little more difficult to track and calculate. 

On 10/10/2021 at 10:42 AM, .Bauer. said:

This is a good idea, but I think it has some flaws. For starters, I think that budgeting ammo might be a bit much. However, I do agree with the overall budget idea. This would also give some more RP to a finance division within PD that's responsible for managing and requesting funds. This'll tie in to the government and add some IC politics to the budget and such.

Thanks for the suggestions, feel free to post more of how you feel so we can meet the needs of everyone :)!

• Thumbs 1