What do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?

Hello everyone,

I am Daniel Swenson and I am the current Chief of Police of the Los Santos Police Department and I am really excited for LS-RP V and I am sure that my faction members are also excited!

The purpose of this thread is to gather feedback and suggestions from the community to make the Los Santos Police Department as good as it can be.

If you have been in the faction before from 2018 and forward, as a Police Officer II or above, and want to come back to Los Santos Police Department, the you are more than welcome to send in a reinstatement request on the 1st of November. You can read more about the reinstatements here: Reinstatement information.

Feel free to visit our forum and create an account!

https://police.lsgov.us/

• Love 1

One thing I disliked about a lot of LEO roleplayers in SA-MP is when they ignored situations. I've witnessed it a lot of times when for example, someone is being beaten up on the street, and a LEO drives past, just watches the situation then drives off like nothing happens, especially when the person is asking for help. Always felt so unrealistic to me. No matter how trollish they deem the situation, it's still occurring IC and should still be responded to.

• Thumbs 1

37 minutes ago, Knobi said:

One thing I disliked about a lot of LEO roleplayers in SA-MP is when they ignored situations. I've witnessed it a lot of times when for example, someone is being beaten up on the street, and a LEO drives past, just watches the situation then drives off like nothing happens, especially when the person is asking for help. Always felt so unrealistic to me. No matter how trollish they deem the situation, it's still occurring IC and should still be responded to.

Just going to chime in on this, with the map on GTA V being a lot larger, I'd expect contact with civilians/gang members to be a lot lesser in comparison to what it was on GTA SA. One of the stigma's of both PD and SD on GTA SA (not saying everyone done it) was that people would hop from shootout to shootout. After experiencing the police scene in another community both internally and externally along with the map in consideration, the roleplay is a lot more passive in comparison to what it was in GTA SA so that's something I'd like to see a lot more of.

• Thumbs 3

More roleplay and less shootings, and ego. Police from time to time can give chances to those who committed their first crime, to cut loose before deciding to ruin someone's life. Unless it's not serious of course. It has to be improved by not being a robocop as it was defined on SA-MP, I give my hopes that everyone will be able to encounter with PD properly. 

• Thumbs 2

3 hours ago, Knobi said:

This was a massive problem on lsrp, it was always active pursuits over anything else. I remember attending a callout from PD when I was in FD and the 3 cops that were with me with a victim ran off without saying anything, when I PMed one of them he said "sorry, there's another pursuit." I want to see PD seeing out situations to the very end with barely any of them breaking off to do something else in the meantime, it's a huge immersion breaker and it's a main gateway to the later robocops we saw.

Anyone who wants to join PD with the mindset of chasing people down or attending shootouts all day long doesn't belong in the faction, there has to be room for development in other areas. If a criminal faction were to look for action every minute of their playing time they'd be shut down by FM faster than you can blink.

Edited by Bluman
  • Clap 1
  • Love 1

Cops that are actually gonna care about others when it comes to a penaltie. I think that in real life it's not that easy to just put man behind bars without listening to his part of the story. Most of the time it's just "you are guilty, welcome to the jail" - you're CKed. It looks like they have something wrote on the notepad and copy-paste it whole time. 

• Senior Lead Admin
4 hours ago, tokyos067 said:

Just hire people that are willing to develop the character even off duty. In my 5 years of RPing I have seen like a total of 5 people that were RPing off duty cops.

Hi Tokyos,

Unsure of whether you were on LSRP in the last 18 - 24 months, however we cracked down on character development and had strict emphasis on it department wide. If faction members have questionable development or do not promote realism they are subject to a warning, and ultimately a removal from the faction. This will be continued in V. 

3 hours ago, dimes said:

Wish I was a part of it man...

Send an application in when they open, we’d love to have you on board!! 

5 hours ago, Cofii said:

Cops that are actually gonna care about others when it comes to a penaltie. I think that in real life it's not that easy to just put man behind bars without listening to his part of the story. Most of the time it's just "you are guilty, welcome to the jail" - you're CKed. It looks like they have something wrote on the notepad and copy-paste it whole time. 

Good call Cofii. This is definitely something also that we’re aware of, we care about the experience that we provide to players — I’ll make sure all of our supervisory staff keep this in mind. 

On 10/4/2021 at 7:27 AM, Xanakin said:

Cops roleplaying actual characters and not the usual robocops only going on-duty to perform traffics stops and participating in shootouts.

Something again that we are conscious of, and if you read my message to the first quote I explained our policy faction wide on this. 

On 10/4/2021 at 3:14 AM, KnownAlmighty said:

More roleplay and less shootings, and ego. Police from time to time can give chances to those who committed their first crime, to cut loose before deciding to ruin someone's life. Unless it's not serious of course. It has to be improved by not being a robocop as it was defined on SA-MP, I give my hopes that everyone will be able to encounter with PD properly. 

Absolutely, thanks for the feedback. :). 

Edited by Nature

Head of Staff
𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜

Leadership team welcoming constructive criticism rather than labeling it as slandering the faction. In the past, I myself have tried giving criticism which resulted in being pointed at as a problem starter and toxic. The leadership team needs to be open to taking suggestions and advice from both it's subordinates and those outside of the faction. There's nothing wrong with not understanding how to resolve every problem as a leader. It takes a good leader to listen and resolve the issue(s) in a way that benefits everyone. Also, the leadership team should try to voice their own individual opinions rather than just agree with what other members of top brass think. We don't need yes men.

Edited by Jerome
  • CJ 1
  • Clap 3
  • Thumbs 3
  • Strong 1

Ive always wanted to see a PD that actively does investigations aswell. 

It would have to be higher ranking people but for example, looking at wealthy individuals that are involved in crime. 

You see people living in the hood driving around $120,000 cars... shouldnt that raise a little suspicion? 

Since GTA V gives you a lot of oportunity script-wise I would like to see an active K9 unity.
In terms of roleplay I would like to see more roleplay and less shooting ( as someone already said ). Plus police officers should develop their characters even off-duty, not only when they're on-duty and then log-off. Last but not least it would be nice if they set up more public events.

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

20 hours ago, Nature said:

Hi Tokyos,

Unsure of whether you were on LSRP in the last 18 - 24 months, however we cracked down on character development and had strict emphasis on it department wide. If faction members have questionable development or do not promote realism they are subject to a warning, and ultimately a removal from the faction. This will be continued in V. 

Hi Nature, 

I think I love you.
Adios.

• Love 1

• Senior Lead Admin
14 hours ago, Ronnie2Polez said:

fun and not 1:1 with real life. 

This is something we’re continuously changing, and it’ll be fine tuned until the end of the faction probably! We have a healthy balance between fun, and immersion, but we’re always open to improvement. The goal for us is to provide quality police role play to the server, not to police the server. 

14 hours ago, Jerome said:

Leadership team welcoming constructive criticism rather than labeling it as slandering the faction. In the past, I myself have tried giving criticism which resulted in being pointed at as a problem starter and toxic. The leadership team needs to be open to taking suggestions and advice from both it's subordinates and those outside of the faction. There's nothing wrong with not understanding how to resolve every problem as a leader. It takes a good leader to listen and resolve the issue(s) in a way that benefits everyone. Also, the leadership team should try to voice their own individual opinions rather than just agree with what other members of top brass think. We don't need yes men.

Hey Jerome, thanks for the feedback. I’ll pass it on to our leadership team!

12 hours ago, FatSam121 said:

Ive always wanted to see a PD that actively does investigations aswell. 

It would have to be higher ranking people but for example, looking at wealthy individuals that are involved in crime. 

You see people living in the hood driving around $120,000 cars... shouldnt that raise a little suspicion? 

This is such a good call, Sam! Hopefully it’s something in V that will actually be feasible. On SA-MP the economy unfortunately over the years inflated so much, and the average player had millions of dollars, so this wasn’t seen as so inconspicuous. However, I’m sure this will be more of an option on the never server :). 

8 hours ago, Detergent said:

Where can I make an application for LSPD? I've made an account on the forum, could somebody link me?

Click me! — applications aren’t open until after the server has launched however. 

8 hours ago, Farrell said:
8 hours ago, Mikee said:

Since GTA V gives you a lot of oportunity script-wise I would like to see an active K9 unity.
In terms of roleplay I would like to see more roleplay and less shooting ( as someone already said ). Plus police officers should develop their characters even off-duty, not only when they're on-duty and then log-off. Last but not least it would be nice if they set up more public events.

K9 is something we’d love to introduce down the line. I agree character development is important, and will continue to be monitored. 

Public events!! Yes!! This is such a great call. Something we love doing, but also something that in SA-MP, didn’t gauge a lot of interest. In V we have a lot more available to us, so you’ll definitely be seeing a lot more community relations! 

1 hour ago, tokyos067 said:

Hi Nature, 

I think I love you.
Adios.

❤️

• Strong 1

Head of Staff

15 hours ago, Jerome said:

Of course. I welcome all constructive criticism and I am open to read through any suggestions you and other people may have.

• Love 1

Realism when it comes to role playing fear, accept to lose sometimes, you cannot always win because you are the law. Furthermore better role play when it comes to driving, some of the driving I have witnessed throughout the years on SA-MP has been atrocious. Apart from that, I wish you the best of luck in your role.

Undercovers would also be interesting, I could elaborate on this quite extensively but as a criminal based player, I'll keep that one to myself lol. 

Edited by King

I'll answer as a member of LSPD. You'll still get your answers from leadership.

4 hours ago, Kwalski said:

Stop metagame and useless pull overs, the arrest should be more of a valid not just the ordinary reasons, LSRP cops were too harsh.

Metagame is still a server-wide rule and forced on every player, if you see anyone metagaming take evidence and report him/her.  
We have an inside policy/rule that we can't pull over anyone without a reason or just because there are four persons in the vehicle and if someone was found doing this I'm pretty sure he'll get suspended/terminated immediately.  But still thanks for the feedback I'll still keep it in mind as a member LSPD. 

And about arrest reason I'd say 80% of arrests were made because of evading, we never have arrested someone without a reason and most likely we always have a supervisor during the arrest, probably in V we will be roleplaying around judges/lawyers more, nothing sure yet.

That's what @nature said.
"This is definitely something also that we’re aware of, we care about the experience that we provide to players — I’ll make sure all of our supervisory staff keep this in mind. "

4 hours ago, King said:

Realism when it comes to role playing fear, accept to lose sometimes, you cannot always win because you are the law. Furthermore better role play when it comes to driving, some of the driving I have witnessed throughout the years on SA-MP has been atrocious. Apart from that, I wish you the best of luck in your role.

Undercovers would also be interesting, I could elaborate on this quite extensively but as a criminal based player, I'll keep that one to myself lol. 

Hola King 👑

As Nature said  "If faction members have questionable development or do not promote realism they are subject to a warning, and ultimately a removal from the faction. This will be continued in V. "  

They really don't like "P2W mentality" in LSPD and it doesn't mean you are superior than others just because you are an officer, we are here to provide quality police role play to the server not to police the server. 
Usually, new officers get evaluated on this point and their toxic attitude. So, if you see someone doing such a thing like that report him to the leadership on PD forums, and please don't ever think it's not an effective way, or they gonna ignore your complaint and do not take it seriously. 

I remember during my academy someone got kicked out of the academy just because he did a powergaming rp line. 

Realism when it comes to driving, we do have policy/protocol to follow when we are driving (We can't drive over sidewalks/parks or on train tracks) and we always have at least a supervisor+ during the pursuit he keeps reminding us to drive carefully and at every the end of a pursuit we get warned if someone drove in an unrealistic way. and I'd say driving has been improved in last two years with new rules. 

We gonna have few detective divisions such as Robbery-Homicide Division, Gang and Narcotics Division, Detective Support and Vice Division and if you wanna know more about how they function you can check it here. Official lapd webisite: https://www.lapdonline.org/detective_bureau 

Edited by Zaw_
  • OK 1
  • Love 1

If I could take one thing out of LS-RP SAMP era, moving into Rage MP: a competent, hardcore, roleplay server NEEDS something resembling a justice system. It is IMPOSSIBLE to roleplay a legal character, and build up reputation, when one corrupt cop can just throw a false charge on you - and if there isn't a justice system, there's nothing you can do about it. It's unrealistic, and it disinterests people from making legal characters - if given enough time eventually a corrupt cop will just false-charge you anyway. 

Edit.

To answer your question on what I wish from PD - please, make it a standard to collect evidence that would convict one beyond a reasonable doubt, like US cops are trained to. There's many exciting ways to do this, not of course forgetting interrogating suspects for a confession, or making potential plea offers.

Edited by Userone
  • Thumbs 1

• Senior Lead Admin
3 hours ago, Userone said:

If I could take one thing out of LS-RP SAMP era, moving into Rage MP: a competent, hardcore, roleplay server NEEDS something resembling a justice system. It is IMPOSSIBLE to roleplay a legal character, and build up reputation, when one corrupt cop can just throw a false charge on you

Hey Userone, 

Imprisoning a player for a lengthy period of time on a false charge would've been strictly frowned upon by faction leadership, and something like that would require permission, I agree this would be unfair. In the last couple of months of SA-MP, we introduced a corruption policy rule, meaning that any big decisions do need to be approved by someone of high authority, so I can presume this is more than likely not going to happen in LS-RP V, and should it happen, please report it to someone immediately. 

3 hours ago, Userone said:

To answer your question on what I wish from PD - please, make it a standard to collect evidence that would convict one beyond a reasonable doubt, like US cops are trained to. There's many exciting ways to do this, not of course forgetting interrogating suspects for a confession, or making potential plea offers.

These are good points, and they all correlate nicely to how the process happens in real life, however we also need to remember this is a game. Though we are all for promoting realism, it isn't realistic to arrest someone, then remand them in custody while going through a court trial etcetera, the character would potentially be unavailable to role play on for a period of days, or even longer than a week. This game is going to give us a lot more opportunities for evidence gathering & forensics as a whole, with scripts being put in place for us (for the first time, on SA-MP everything was found out through role playing collecting your evidence, then having your findings confirmed by the source OOCly.) 

Information gathering collectively in relation to what you mentioned about plea deals, statements etcetera will also be looked after in a more efficient way by our investigatory teams, so you can look forward to seeing that. These are all things we hope to implement, and improve as the genesis of the server continues. It won't be something we'll have perfect right away, but we'll get there.

Thanks for the feedback!

Head of Staff