What do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?

55 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

If you mean tactical medics - they're a real thing 

Indeed they are. And even if Tactical Medics are a thing on LSRP V, they won't be replacing the role of a Paramedic at all. If anything, they'd provide life saving medical attention to those in need (in the absence of a Paramedic or assisting a Paramedic) and stabilise the patient until either transported or until a Paramedic arrives. Nobody's wanting to take any roleplay away from FD, if anything, we'd end up working with them more and in better detail than we would in the absence of Tactical Medics.

Edited by Farrell

I’d like to see the PD be split between armed and unarmed Officers for realism. Pursuits nowadays don’t really happen, so there should also be very heavy moderation on allowing police to chase people. 90% of cops should be unarmed IMO, and there should be a focus away from policing people IC to allow actual powerful organizations like OC to control the city. Any dangerous situations should also be avoided as PD needs to rp fear of losing life.

• CJ 1
  • Bigsmoke 1
  • Clap 2
  • Thumbs 2
  • OK 1

1 hour ago, Freezypop said:

I’d like to see the PD be split between armed and unarmed Officers for realism. Pursuits nowadays don’t really happen, so there should also be very heavy moderation on allowing police to chase people. 90% of cops should be unarmed IMO, and there should be a focus away from policing people IC to allow actual powerful organizations like OC to control the city. Any dangerous situations should also be avoided as PD needs to rp fear of losing life.

I don't think that's the case with US Police Forces. What you are describing is some of the European police forces (UK, Norway) where regular officers do not carry firearms. Nor do the communities have huge issues with illegal weapons, armed gangs and car chases rarely happen.

In US shoot-outs and chases in some areas is as normal as going for groceries. I suggest you to check out this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/PoliceActivity and you'll see how American police work differs from the comparably calm situation in Europe. And when it comes to server - it's something like Detroit.

• Thumbs 1

qgv23wo.png

2 hours ago, Freezypop said:

If you aren't going to be serious, then please don't comment in the thread 🙂.

Also, if an Officer would be taken hostage, of course they will RP fear of losing their life.

• Thumbs 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Freezypop said:

This has to be a joke. You expect the GTA V version of the LAPD to maintain an unarmed police force. This isn’t the UK buddy. They’re imitating the LAPD on a map that is supposed to be Los Angeles.

Edited by Jerome

On 1/13/2022 at 3:29 PM, Freezypop said:

I agree with this. As a fellow US citizen, this is exactly how it goes down. All cops shouldn't have a gun.

• Strong 1

3 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

I agree with this. As a fellow US citizen, this is exactly how it goes down. All cops shouldn't have a gun.

Yup, on a SIMS 4 server maybe.

I woud like to see balance between off duty and on duty roleplay.

Edited by Sheffield
  • Thumbs 1
  • OK 1

It's been said but what I'd like to also see is cops RPing their characters and be able to take loss just like all other players do. Don't be hard on other people having some OOC dislike towards illegal RPers and feeling like punishing them IG because it gives you a good feeling, this is not a real life job, it's supposed to be fun for everybody so if you make it fun for the illegal roleplayer they will actually want to roleplay more with the cops and interact with them more, keep that in mind.

• Thumbs 1

On 1/14/2022 at 1:29 AM, Freezypop said:

I understand you point of view, but things you offer may work in certain European countries where they don't have many OCGs/Gangs and they don't pose a threat to an officer or society. However,  in USA and other countries, there are lots of criminal minded people who are armed and pose a real threat to others very often. So, I think that your idea won't work on LS-RP, because Los Santos is based on USA, LA and there's no peace on the streets.

Edited by Guest

On 1/13/2022 at 5:02 PM, danielswe said:

If you aren't going to be serious, then please don't comment in the thread 🙂.

Also, if an Officer would be taken hostage, of course they will RP fear of losing their life.

Sorry my feedback bothers you. Good start! Anyways, the faction should cater to the illegal community imo. Nobody likes play to win, please consider a play to lose approach with illegal favourability in mind. You asked, i offered my opinion.

It's been a looooong time since I RP'd with the LSPD on LSRP! I like the idea of the station itself being manned at the front desk, y'know for people to actually call in and report crimes or ask for help etc. Back in t'day the actual PD itself seemed quiet at the front, with most RP going on in interrogation rooms or what-not. Maybe hiring civilian staff for the front desk? Not sure whether civvy positions are something you're considering or already doing. 

I also remember that, when RPing as a journalist, I was heavily reliant on the PD to be open and share comments etc rather than just "no comment, bugger off and leave us alone" sort of thing. On World they often held press conferences and seemed very open about what was going on - this felt realistic and gave the civ RPers something to go to and do. 

Otherwise I think that, given this is a fresh start for you all, just try things and see what happens. Looking forward to seeing how things go, best of luck!

• Thumbs 2

Sal 

Ex-staff

• 3 weeks later...