What do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?

6 minutes ago, Sheffield said:

How are you going to type and drive at the exact same time during a pursuit? It's just not going to work, unfortunately. I do understand what you are saying, though.

He meant while the driver focuses on driving, the passenger is the one responsible for the radio, such as updating the location, asking for back up, etc, like it is in real life. 

I don't know much about LAPD/LSPD but where I used to work, it worked like that. Usually, while the driver is the younger police officer, the passenger and responsible for the team is the older and experienced one (when you work with 2 police officers in the car).

Edited by RafaSilva15

3 minutes ago, RafaSilva15 said:

He meant while the driver focuses on driving, the passenger is the one responsible for the radio, such as updating the location, asking for back up, etc, like it is in real life. 

I don't know much about LAPD/LSPD but where I used to work, it worked like that. Usually, while the driver is the younger police officer, the passenger and responsible for the team is the older and experienced one (when you work with 2 police officers in the car).

You're not always driving with two in the car, so that's not going to work.

12 hours ago, Sheffield said:

Not sure if the court procedure is possible in game. You'd need judges etc. I think FM should be the one to give a verdict OOCly and ICly. An ALT that's a judge if they've got time for that, lol.

There's literally courts within GOV, so they can review the IC part easily. PD/SD can submit their IC evidence

On 1/4/2022 at 6:55 PM, Sheffield said:

You're not always driving with two in the car, so that's not going to work.

How are you going to talk and drive at same time? Or shooot and talk? There's special tactical radios for that. Normal police radios does not work like that. So they have to type like everyone else on this server. For example, racers also type while they use radios and walkie talkies.  Heist crews also type while they may use walkie talkies or radios. I can keep naming situations where it's unfair towards other players when LSPD/SASD has that kind of PG rights. 

On 12/29/2021 at 10:55 AM, Benavides said:

Comparing usage of VOIP between illegal factions and LEO factions is like comparing day and night, they are not the same for many reasons that have been pointed out.

Our faction and LSSD have nerfed themselves continuously to strike balance between illegal factions. Usage of VOIP is the least of your concerns if our factions actually used LAPD/LASD’s equipment in situations (even without VOIP).

Each side have their own advantages and disadvantages. For example, you can shoot someone in the middle of the street and get away with it if there’s no players around, regardless if there would be CCTVs, witnesses and an instant 911 call.

We do not care about winning situations, VOIP is used to maintain a realistic effectiveness in character. We have done everything possible as a faction to strike a good balance: removal of boxing, heavy restrictions of assault rifles being used (there’s a member cap and you have to apply to have access to a rifle), continuously hold our faction members to a higher standard than everyone else, disallow any ramming or unrealistic vehicle interceptions, restrict the use of the less lethal shotgun, heavily encouraging officers to let small time offenders off, disengage any vehicle pursuit that includes players having a high speed vehicle rather than allowing a wild goose chase in the city, regulate the utilisation of gang injunctions heavily as it kills role-play, disallow faction takedowns, and so on.

VOIP was used for everything a few years ago, now it is used during active shooting situations or vehicle pursuits (updating). Our faction supervisors are quick with telling faction members to stop talking, regardless if those people would take it personal or not, as we take this very serious. I have went into detail about moderation a few posts back.

It is very easy to spot abuse, if you are aiming at someone and suddenly back up appears without anything being said in character, report it and it will be taken care of. There are logs on TeamSpeak that allow us to see who made a voice backup request globally. Just ensure the report is instant upon conclusion of the situation if there’s no admin response, rather than waiting for the next day.

We do not require video evidence for everything, if you send a report we instantly jump on it and investigate it. I assume logs will be easier to access now, so game admins will be contacted if a faction member claims they used the in-game radio when in fact they used TeamSpeak. If a faction member’s story doesn’t add up and they aren’t able to explain themselves properly, we do not hesitate to issue punishments.

That being said, I will kindly ask you all to move on from the VOIP discussion. An answer has been given and there is a clear difference of opinion between all parties. You are more than welcome to suggest a removal of VOIP for LEO factions to Server Management.

We are interested in hearing any new ideas or suggestions that may benefit the faction and the role-play quality of the server.

I suppose that after this answer from someone who's actually involved and is part of LSPD/SASD faction, there's nothing else we should be talking about this VOIP situation. If you feel (when the server launches) someone has PG'd or it's not fair, it's something up to you to make a report or whatever, but if we keep talking over and over about it, we'll keep going around this topic forever, since it's something really personal about whether you feel in disadvantage or not. As already said, they have strict rules and protocols regarding VOIP usage, so guys, move on. 

22 hours ago, Sheffield said:

I know there is, we had these on SA-MP too. I don't see it happening, tbh. My opinion though! It would be nice to see.

Except GOV confirmed that courts are under GOV for V. So it's just a matter of them being established correctly and not letting it turn into the issues we had last time 

On 1/5/2022 at 10:56 AM, dzgapaan said:

How are you going to talk and drive at same time? Or shooot and talk? There's special tactical radios for that. Normal police radios does not work like that. So they have to type like everyone else on this server. For example, racers also type while they use radios and walkie talkies.  Heist crews also type while they may use walkie talkies or radios. I can keep naming situations where it's unfair towards other players when LSPD/SASD has that kind of PG rights. 

I'll just put this to bed, voip is heavily regulated for Leo factions and can actually be monitored. Hence why it's permitted. The examples you used such as driving and talking into a radio isn't that difficult to do as myself do it IRL. It's not PG. 

As for other players using it , it can't be monitored nor can't it be regulated in the manner Leo's is therefore its not permitted. Let's get back k on topic now.

• CJ 1

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

23 hours ago, Redz said:

I'll just put this to bed, voip is heavily regulated for Leo factions and can actually be monitored. Hence why it's permitted. The examples you used such as driving and talking into a radio isn't that difficult to do as myself do it IRL. It's not PG. 

As for other players using it , it can't be monitored nor can't it be regulated in the manner Leo's is therefore its not permitted. Let's get back k on topic now.

Just because it's monitored, it's still not fair to other factions.  I don't understand why LSPD wants to be so effective about calling a back up, when some random guy may also have his radio or cellphone on, but can't achieve same effectivity. Sorry, but it's just P2W attitude from LEAs and if LS-RP wants to continue the old path, then you are going to have this server divided once again.  

P.S EDIT: If I join this server once again, most likely I won't join any illegal faction, so there isn't any personal interest in this discussion.  I may join FD or PD (To RP a corrupt cop, ofc).

Edited by Guest

45 minutes ago, dzgapaan said:

Just because it's monitored, it's still not fair to other factions.  I don't understand why LSPD wants to be so effective about calling a back up, when some random guy may also have his radio or cellphone on, but can't achieve same effectivity. Sorry, but it's just P2W attitude from LEAs and if LS-RP wants to continue the old path, then you are going to have this server divided once again.  

P.S EDIT: If I join this server once again, most likely I won't join any illegal faction, so there isn't any personal interest in this discussion.  I may join FD or PD (To RP a corrupt cop, ofc).

If you don't understand after my explanation and the many others that were given I don't think anything else will help you understand. You're just being difficult at this point. 

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

38 minutes ago, dzgapaan said:

Perhaps you need a little more clarification of what the "TeamSpeak" usage is really like ― LEO's are highly encouraged to prioritize roleplaying over anything else, meaning: in the event of a pursuit or an incident that requires the use of TeamSpeak, they are to keep it minimal and to the point.  The words and phrases being used are directive and straight forward and there are no "open conversations" or general chit-chat. 

90% of the communication from LEA's are done IG through the /r mechanism or general RP, which is typed out and the other 10% is on TeamSpeak; that being, occasional call-outs like pursuits and any other immediate back-up requests. And even then IG roleplay is a /must/ and OOC communication is dismissed in the matter of 15-30 seconds.

Being both a legal and illegal role player, I could see where some of you come from about it being "P2W" but I can ensure you it isn't and if it was I simply wouldn't be apart of it. LEA's have changed drastically over the last few years and that P2W attitude is no longer a thing, and if it is: it usually gets handled immediately. 

18 hours ago, Shack said:

Perhaps you need a little more clarification of what the "TeamSpeak" usage is really like ― LEO's are highly encouraged to prioritize roleplaying over anything else, meaning: in the event of a pursuit or an incident that requires the use of TeamSpeak, they are to keep it minimal and to the point.  The words and phrases being used are directive and straight forward and there are no "open conversations" or general chit-chat. 

90% of the communication from LEA's are done IG through the /r mechanism or general RP, which is typed out and the other 10% is on TeamSpeak; that being, occasional call-outs like pursuits and any other immediate back-up requests. And even then IG roleplay is a /must/ and OOC communication is dismissed in the matter of 15-30 seconds.

Being both a legal and illegal role player, I could see where some of you come from about it being "P2W" but I can ensure you it isn't and if it was I simply wouldn't be apart of it. LEA's have changed drastically over the last few years and that P2W attitude is no longer a thing, and if it is: it usually gets handled immediately. 

I had a situation where I shot at cop and after gunning him down an additional unit  appeared out of nowhere.  When I asked about the situation, they said that the backup was called.  Anyway, I understand  your point of view as well, but situations like this was happening back on LS-RP and I think it will happen in future as well. Mostly, it's impossible to prove that the cop PG'd ,  if you don't have a recording on.  Anyway,   I've just stated my opinion and it's up to the server to decide.  

13 hours ago, dzgapaan said:

I had a situation where I shot at cop and after gunning him down an additional unit  appeared out of nowhere.  When I asked about the situation, they said that the backup was called.  Anyway, I understand  your point of view as well, but situations like this was happening back on LS-RP and I think it will happen in future as well. Mostly, it's impossible to prove that the cop PG'd ,  if you don't have a recording on.  Anyway,   I've just stated my opinion and it's up to the server to decide.  

There are whispers that can be set up on Teamspeak that allow a person to talk to a specific group of people. PD/SD have both set up whispers, but are separated and can only talk to their own members. Those whispers are IC, and an officer is not allowed to talk while being badly wounded in game to prevent power gaming.

I am sure that the officer you shot had time to click his whisper button and call shots fired at his location. And with my experience, the most shots fired scenes on SAMP happened in the busiest areas of the server, e.g. Idlewood, Ganton. Usually in those areas there are multiple patrol units driving around at the same time, hence why there was one right around the corner.

The helicopter not being brought out for every minor thing, only being brought out for situations that are actually appropriate, like a car full of M4s that just wiped an entire block or something. I saw a helicopter on world and multiple units chase someone over knocking a few things over in a store. And if there is a helicopter camera to be added, it should be significantly less overpowered and actually require skill to utilize, with no lock on and they have to manually track the player and give callouts.

https://streamable.com/z84r85 (this is just an example of the helicopter camera, has nothing to do with the situation i was talking about with the store)

Example of the OP helicopter camera World has that I'd respectfully ask LSRP to avoid implementing.

Edited by top honky

6 hours ago, top honky said:

The helicopter not being brought out for every minor thing, only being brought out for situations that are actually appropriate, like a car full of M4s that just wiped an entire block or something.

The real life LASD/LAPD always have helicopters out, whether it's a shoplifting or an armed vehicle pursuit. A threat is still a threat, we don't want to give out chances for shoplifters to pull out a handgun, take down an officer and run off.

• Thumbs 1

1 hour ago, Duckling said:

The real life LASD/LAPD always have helicopters out, whether it's a shoplifting or an armed vehicle pursuit. A threat is still a threat, we don't want to give out chances for shoplifters to pull out a handgun, take down an officer and run off.

I fully agree, but at one point on LSRP it's just gotten silly. I recall that the latter HOLF had passed a ban on the lock-on feature of the helicam mod on SAMP, and forced police helis to fly within the render distance (as they'd often camp above it). I feel like that's a reasonable trade off in order to make the game more fair toward both sides, and I genuinely hope that those limitations are carried over to LSRP5. 

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA

8 hours ago, top honky said:

Example of the OP helicopter camera World has that I'd respectfully ask LSRP to avoid implementing.

The lock-on might be a little bit op, but I am not going to suggest removing it if we do get it. I do fully understand if Management and the Developers don't want to add the lock-on. The zoom and spotlight are really nice features to have, which I really hope that we get.

32 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

forced police helis to fly within the render distance

I don't have anything against that if the Head of Legal Factions makes a rule about it. The render distance in GTA V is pretty good. If it was as bad as on SAMP, then the helicopters would probably fly between the skyscrapers, which would be unrealistic.

• Thumbs 1

2 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I fully agree, but at one point on LSRP it's just gotten silly. I recall that the latter HOLF had passed a ban on the lock-on feature of the helicam mod on SAMP, and forced police helis to fly within the render distance (as they'd often camp above it). I feel like that's a reasonable trade off in order to make the game more fair toward both sides, and I genuinely hope that those limitations are carried over to LSRP5. 

I am pretty sure that you would be able to hear and most definitely see the helicopters on GTA V. SAMP had it's issues with helicopters and their render distance and sound which shouldn't be a problem no more.

The camera locking was removed and strictly fordidden. A mod for our Air units has been made by a community member where the lock-on future got removed and we were only able to use zoom and filters (e.g. Night Vision) which were enough for SAMP. However GTA V has different flying/camera movement and mechanics and I would love to see a lock-on feature for easier tracking. Or find a workaround way of fixing the SAMP issue where the camera followed in tunnels, etc.

• Thumbs 1

10 hours ago, top honky said:

The helicopter not being brought out for every minor thing, only being brought out for situations that are actually appropriate, like a car full of M4s that just wiped an entire block or something. I saw a helicopter on world and multiple units chase someone over knocking a few things over in a store. And if there is a helicopter camera to be added, it should be significantly less overpowered and actually require skill to utilize, with no lock on and they have to manually track the player and give callouts.

https://streamable.com/z84r85 (this is just an example of the helicopter camera, has nothing to do with the situation i was talking about with the store)

I don't see how you make out that is OP? Everyone preaches for a realistic approach, this is realistic, but when it goes against peoples agendas, its somehow OP?

• Thumbs 2