What do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?

1 hour ago, mhrhan said:

Limiting the amount of people that join a patrol room (idk what they are called) to maximum 4 (or dependant on the type of the callsign) so we won't have 15-people squads. Also, PD staff can set the TeamSpeak in a way that all LSRP players can see the channels and the people in that channel (except for the TAC channels) but cannot join.

Also, letting the admins that are not part of any legal factions access the TeamSpeak would be a second possible solution since they can hop in and check if there's any metagaming.

While I understand where you're coming from in regards to limiting channels that won't be the solution to metagame. If you limit the channels people will just join a discord chat with their friends and chat around, it's simple as that.

I personally find it distracting and I can't focus on my role-play, but people need to understand that it's completely fine to be in a voice chat (be either discord or teamspeak) with your friends.

As for admins joining channels, they're free to do so, they have their own groups in TeamSpeak and they can join the Legal Factions teamspeak whenever they feel like it.

A lot of things that were mentioned have been removed and dealt with, however, we're not perfect and we never will be, if people wanna abuse they'll abuse, we've seen it in multiple areas in this community and as someone said we can't monitor people 24/7, it's important that reports are sent to us or to admins so proper action can be taken.

So keep this in mind, if you ever have an interaction with someone from PD that you feel it was not correct you can approach me via PMs and we'll take a look into it.

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Whilst I don't want to invalidate concerns, a lot of people coming to this thread probably sit in one of three groups:

- Haven't played LSRP in a very long time (before 2017-2018)

- Played on the server where the LEO faction is total ass, allowing rampant P2W and shit rp (which I cannot blame you guys for commenting and wanting change, however, 90% of the things you're asking for has been a thing for years)

- Coming from servers that aren't heavy RP like LSRP, e.g FiveM, other RageMP servers, SAMP, GMod, and so on

A lot of what I've read here are already things the LSPD take pride in removing from their faction. That being play to win behavior, shit tier roleplay, overusing voice. These things were eradicated long ago and are not tolerated. Obviously if you witness it, report it, not everyone can manage to oversee 100 members 24/7.

I apologize but I cannot agree with anything I've read here. I obviously do not know your experience with roleplay servers but I can only assume it's with low RP servers where keybinds are usually accepted. However, on LSRP keybinds have been disallowed from the beginning to mitigate giving an advantage to one player over another. Using it for roleplay? That's just silly. Why are you playing on a roleplay server to not roleplay? Menial things like cuffing people can be done in an interesting manner if you're competent enough to roleplay it.

As this is LSRP and not some random FiveM voice server this will come as a culture shock to you. Things are meant to be roleplayed because this isn't meant to be an RPG cops & robbers with grey and purple text. Everything you do you're expected to roleplay. Asking for backup via binds? It's play to win, and as I aforementioned above, is not something the LSPD tolerates at all. Everyone is offered a level playing field because at the end of the day it's not an enjoyable experience to constantly win all the time, nor is it enjoyable to constantly lose all the time.

First of all I wouldn’t let you call my former server as low RP, it was the number 1 RP server in the french talking community for more than a decade. 
And I was actually saying that there too keybinder wasn’t allowed (although it was sometimes tolerated for script commands like idk /toggleradio or something)

I was talking about RP fanaticism, and according to my definition of it, you are presenting signs of this fanaticism. 

Lot of people still don’t realize that SAMP isnt the only reason lot of players left LSRP, and actually the main reason was that the game wasn’t enjoyable anymore, because too much RP kills RP. 

Wether it’s here or on the other server, I was sick of having to write 20 lines /me for basic things, I was even OOC jailed 60 minutes for not using /me in the gas station.

So, even if I don’t want a server where no /me is done, I still don’t want a server where you have to "/me takes his left hand of his knee and puts its smoothly and gently and softly and slowly in his pocket before taking out his radio" when you actually just want to get backup. 
This is just fastidious and boring ! 

1 hour ago, danielswe said:

Having keybinds for a /me to handcuff someone is PowerGaming as it doesn't give the other party a chance to push the Officer/Deputy away and run off.

Also, we strive to be as detailed as possible with our RolePlay. That's why it can take several lines of /me for a simple action. "/me handcuff bad guy" is definitely not accepted in LSPD and not on this server.

I do trust my members not to do this. But if it were to happen that an Officer doesn't RP reaching for a radio when a weapon is being aimed at him/her or about to be aimed at him/her and suddenly 5 cruisers with lights and sirens show up out of nowhere. Then obviously you are allowed to report them in the game to an admin and they will handle it there on scene. Then you may make a report on the Officer and send it to me with evidence.

I cannot see where’s the powergame, you save a /me keybind, then you press the key and let the other person have enough time to answer. 
It’s just a tool to spare you the effort of writing 400 letters each time you wanna handcuff someone. 
Ofc you adapt it, if you get a suspect with three hands you won’t use the handcuff keybind that is written for suspects with two hands. 

But like, I myself get absolutely no pleasure in writing the /me for basic stuffs done routinely…reading it makes the scene imaginable and that’s nice, but I don’t enjoy that moment between starting to type and pressing enter.

I don’t defend "/me handcuffs X", I never said let’s be cool with that, I’m actually suggesting an idea to make it simpler to have detailed scenes.

Also, trusting your members this much is exactly the issue, because powergaming/metagaming can be obvious and easily "reportable" like in the example you gave, but in many situations it can’t. 

Anyway, I gave 3 ideas, I got no feedback about the taser one. 

22 minutes ago, MissGTA said:

-

Frankly I'll be honest I don't really care if you were #1 #10 or #100 in your French RP server but I already gave my reasoning to why your mindset isn't something that is accepted here purely because it's poor. Your mindset is something that was wiped long ago and I hope to not see the day when it's widely accepted again on heavy roleplay servers. Maybe the French, Russian, and Spanish servers accept this, we don't. That's why all your communities copy us. I don't want to sound way up my ass because at the end of the day it's just roleplay, but I'm not lying.

Also, your description of what "rp fanaticism" makes zero sense whatsoever. You're over complicating things simply just to make yourself look clever. You don't need a whole philosophical epiphany on how to handcuff somebody. Go type the /me in and get on with your day. If you cannot type what is literally under 100 characters, then please sign up to a voice RP server. If you're going to complain about the workload of typing on a TEXT BASED ROLEPLAY SERVER then I am very lost on what your intentions are here.

Take care, Merry Christmas.

52 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Frankly I'll be honest I don't really care if you were #1 #10 or #100 in your French RP server but I already gave my reasoning to why your mindset isn't something that is accepted here purely because it's poor. Your mindset is something that was wiped long ago and I hope to not see the day when it's widely accepted again on heavy roleplay servers. Maybe the French, Russian, and Spanish servers accept this, we don't. That's why all your communities copy us. I don't want to sound way up my ass because at the end of the day it's just roleplay, but I'm not lying.

Also, your description of what "rp fanaticism" makes zero sense whatsoever. You're over complicating things simply just to make yourself look clever. You don't need a whole philosophical epiphany on how to handcuff somebody. Go type the /me in and get on with your day. If you cannot type what is literally under 100 characters, then please sign up to a voice RP server. If you're going to complain about the workload of typing on a TEXT BASED ROLEPLAY SERVER then I am very lost on what your intentions are here.

Take care, Merry Christmas.

I didn’t ask you to care, I just asked you to be respectful towards other servers and communities, because the way you talk is irritatingly arrogant. 
And it’s not because you have a yellow badge under your password that you can allow yourself to come here and talk as if you understood everything in roleplay and you’re better than everyone and you can talk who is accepted here and who isn’t.

I’m a player here just like you are, my opinion is as important as yours, and if I want to change something and have energy for that then that’s what I’m going to do, if you think people doing that is unacceptable then this behavior itself is actually what’s unacceptable.
"All your communities are copying us" you’re actually way up your ass you risk to tear up your rectum. Just fyi where I was playing nothing was copied on LSRP, the systems were so different, and it’s not the only RP server having full autonomy, so really I advise you to calm down a little.  

I don’t know who you are to allow yourself to talk to me like this, but next time read the title of the topic before getting involved, this time I’m gonna help you read "what do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?" 

I wanna emphasize on the words "you" and "want". 
"You" means ME, not me AND Aaron, so basically I get to say my own opinion, I don’t have to adjust it to your extreme definitions of what sould be roleplay. 
"Want" means really… what I want, it doesn’t have to be written on a dictionary or a textbook or an Aaron’s post, if I wanted to see LSPD disappear then you be sure it’s all my right to talk about this in this topic. 

One more thing, RP fanaticism is a clear and simple concept, I needed to use this word to talk about people like you who are all the time pushing for a game where you slow-walk/drive all the time, write /me for absolutely everything and anything, OOC-punish anyone who’s driving a bit too fast or who uses gun for middle inconveniences, open BORING factions (actually you’d be against factions because roleplay is all about the wonderful tool called /me, who needs other scripts right?) etc etc…and most importantly, these people talk too much on forums. 
So these fanatics are what pushed lot of people to leave LSRP:SA, and I’m afraid they’ll be the ones to ruin LSRP:V soon or later.

Last, it doesn’t make much sense the way you think, like how am I the one complicating things while I’m suggesting the possibility of using keybinder which is something that simplifies it lol? Also you tend to take things to their extreme which -in addition of not making sense- is a debate method I haven’t seen since I was like 15 yo…I said I don’t like writing long /me for routine stuffs, what part of your brain you used to conclude that written servers aren’t the best option of me? You’re playing on LSRP only to write /me to handcuff people or what? You can’t find other RP activities?

3 hours ago, MissGTA said:

2)The taser working from 60 km distance is definitely not fairplay, and I never could understand how it never changed in SAMP. 

The tazer hasn't worked from huge distances for years now as it was reworked. Our faction has been consistently using the tackle script instead, as that's more fun. We are hopeful that it will make a return on V.

One of my dearest critiques in regards to this community has been the inaccessibility of those who wish to roleplay as a law enforcement officer, but do not fulfill the requirement of owning a microphone. This issue needs to be reviewed through the prism of roleplay and not Out of Character restrictions in order to find a proper solution that does not limit people to parking enforcement or force them to patrol in partnered units. Such requirements not only defeat the purpose of a text based roleplay server, but also prohibit talented people from exercising their roleplay.

• Thumbs 3

17 hours ago, Doug Dimmadome said:

One of my dearest critiques in regards to this community has been the inaccessibility of those who wish to roleplay as a law enforcement officer, but do not fulfill the requirement of owning a microphone. This issue needs to be reviewed through the prism of roleplay and not Out of Character restrictions in order to find a proper solution that does not limit people to parking enforcement or force them to patrol in partnered units. Such requirements not only defeat the purpose of a text based roleplay server, but also prohibit talented people from exercising their roleplay.

I don't think that would be possible, especially from a practical point of view. It's one of those things that can make sense in a theoretical way but you will never be able to put it in practice. This game has its limits. Just imagine being in a car or on foot pursuit and having to write and follow at the same time. Anyone can get a microphone, anyone can use it. 

I'm actually just very excited to see what you all will be doing with detectives particularly when it comes to homicides. I believe that there are going to be ample opportunities for bullet casings/analysis. I think it would be really cool to see a forensics science division and an emphasis put on the processing of evidence for cases.

Chief Justice Matthew R. Klenkok,

Eighth and Tenth Chief Justice of the State of San Andreas.

ch6D1zD.gif
also
Judge William K. Adjei,
Firefighter Thomas Ke

6 hours ago, Cronic said:

I don't think that would be possible, especially from a practical point of view. It's one of those things that can make sense in a theoretical way but you will never be able to put it in practice. This game has its limits. Just imagine being in a car or on foot pursuit and having to write and follow at the same time. Anyone can get a microphone, anyone can use it. 

IMO it is possible. It's possible for gang RPers to co-ordinate situations without the use of mics, I don't think LSPD/LSSD are special nor should they be able to use VOIP either.  It just makes things unfair. If gang rpers are on the run from the cops and the driver wants to call backup, he has to stop the car, /call (number) type out the message, send it, all while trying to avoid being boxed in by a bunch of blokes sitting on mics yelling at eachother about where the suspect is. It makes it basically impossible to escape the police, which imo is extremely unfair because IRL it's far from that hard to lose somebody. If LSPD are truly committed to removing any sort of p2w mentality from their faction, remove the last thing that's enabling it, VOIP.

IMO the use of voip by police agencies is something I've never agreed with, and the day VOIP is abolished for good, I'll applaud LEO rpers.

Edited by La Tweaker
  • Thumbs 1

5 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

IMO it is possible. It's possible for gang RPers to co-ordinate situations without the use of mics, I don't think LSPD/LSSD are special nor should they be able to use VOIP either.  It just makes things unfair. If gang rpers are on the run from the cops and the driver wants to call backup, he has to stop the car, /call (number) type out the message, send it, all while trying to avoid being boxed in by a bunch of blokes sitting on mics yelling at eachother about where the suspect is. It makes it basically impossible to escape the police, which imo is extremely unfair because IRL it's far from that hard to lose somebody. If LSPD are truly committed to removing any sort of p2w mentality from their faction, remove the last thing that's enabling it, VOIP.

IMO the use of voip by police agencies is something I've never agreed with, and the day VOIP is abolished for good, I'll applaud LEO rpers.

This is exactly why LEO factions got rid of aggressive pursuit techniques like boxing, intercepting, physical roadblocks. They're play to win asf and not realistic. 

LEO factions using voip is unfortunately going to be an inevitable thing for as long as GTA RP exists. Situations just move too fast to keep up using text. However I am certain both PD and SD will do their best to keep VoIP to the bare minimum.

• CJ 1

12 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

Has this ever limited illegal role-players from using VoIP? Absolutely not. There're groups in factions that literally use a 2nd discord so they don't MG on the main one observed by Faction Management or they just use a regular group call in discord. It's not like we can change it because half of the people play legit, because if that was the case, the other half would still abuse VoIP to their liking. If it's the case that a member of the PD uses the VoIP as an unfair advantange, hence calling out shootouts whilst dead, screaming or being toxic over VoIP, not being reasonable etc, they will be punished, but you need to understand that in a shootout, you can not type out "Shots fired, Vespucci" or something, because your CALLOUTS need to be more precise and using just the general name of the location is never enough, because it  ends up with units having to circle Vespucci to find the shooting and in that time, it's quite certain the criminals have already rushed and killed the cop. It's a bad idea to remove VoIP from the police, because that's basically the only thing that makes us unique in that way. Communication is key in real life as well. Even if the criminals are smart enough to use radios, most of them do not because the radio lines are trackable and can be listened to, which sadly we do not have the access to in this video game.

3 hours ago, F0r3v3r said:

[...] you can not type out "Shots fired, Vespucci" or something [...]

Your primary objective during a gunfight is getting out alive and eliminating the threat before making the radio transmission or pressing the emergency button. Your first reaction must be returning fire or running for safety; not transmitting your callsign, location, description, and other potentially crucial information. Once the threat is eliminated there's no longer a need to utilize TeamSpeak and the scenario continues through official text channels. It's outright unrealistic behavior and should be treated as such.

• Thumbs 1

16 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

You compare apples to pears. PD or SD are government agencies that have many gadgets like headset radios or bodycams which makes sense to use VOIP. Escaping PD should be hard. 

This is our current stance on players without a microphone, which is unfortunately not going to change:

We are also not interested in individuals who do not possess a microphone at the moment, as they wouldn't be effective during emergency situations that require the use of a microphone. Having to force faction members to patrol with someone without a microphone, or allowing members without a microphone to patrol solo and get involved in situations that they cannot call out is just a huge hassle that we do not want to explore.

However, we are going to be possibly opening up non-LEO positions that people may want to explore.

As for the usage of VOIP, it has been answered multiple times. We have nerfed ourselves as a faction and continuously look what we can do to maintain that balance. Our goal is providing quality police role-play, while maintaining an effective in-character police department. VOIP is heavily moderated by experienced senior faction members and we do not condone it being overused.

We are going to be continuing to moderate it heavily and using it, alongside the Los Santos Sheriff's Department. Both factions have been moderating this for years since 2018, and we continue to do so. 

I suggest you send a suggestion to Server Management regarding the usage of VOIP in LEO factions, if you really want to see it gone.

For returning players who have yet to experience our changes and had bad interactions with our faction, I can only hope that our faction’s role-play standards and changes can make up for the past!

19 hours ago, Kotwica said:

I'm actually just very excited to see what you all will be doing with detectives particularly when it comes to homicides. I believe that there are going to be ample opportunities for bullet casings/analysis. I think it would be really cool to see a forensics science division and an emphasis put on the processing of evidence for cases.

We've re-introduced Robbery and Homicide Division. We are also looking into opening forensic positions for players, it depends on the script and how detailed it will be though. @bobster and @lynx should be able to get into more detail about this with you.

42 minutes ago, Doug Dimmadome said:

Your primary objective during a gunfight is getting out alive and eliminating the threat before making the radio transmission or pressing the emergency button. Your first reaction must be returning fire or running for safety; not transmitting your callsign, location, description, and other potentially crucial information. Once the threat is eliminated there's no longer a need to utilize TeamSpeak and the scenario continues through official text channels. It's outright unrealistic behavior and should be treated as such.

I suggest that you conduct your own research in regards to the inner workings of American law enforcement agencies. Numerous bodycam videos can show you exactly what you are describing as unrealistic behavior, that being officers calling out the situation and their location immediately upon returning fire, or during the gunfight.

Their objective during emergency situations is to call the situation out and get their colleagues to come help them, rather than 'eliminating the threat' solo like Rambo, or 'running away' from an emergency incident with the risk of getting shot in the back.

LAPD's Youtube channel may help you out with understanding how these agencies work.

• Love 2

32 minutes ago, Benavides said:

I suggest that you conduct your own research in regards to the inner workings of American law enforcement agencies.

I'm doing research on Criminology and Criminal Justice in the United States.

42 minutes ago, Benavides said:

Numerous bodycam videos can show you exactly what you are describing as unrealistic behavior, that being officers calling out the situation and their location immediately upon returning fire, or during the gunfight.

It appears that you're interpreting my statement in a wrong way. I'm not criticizing the vocal usage of the radio itself during a shooting or deem radio traffic unrealistic; it's the play-to-win attitude most cops have to immediately notify of the situation, in order to get others to respond as fast as possible, rather than portraying a realistic fight and flight response, which in this case is shooting back before utilizing the radio. It only makes sense to call for backup when behind cover, but not during the gunfight or when getting shot within seconds of initiation.

On 12/27/2021 at 8:09 PM, Doug Dimmadome said:

I'm doing research on Criminology and Criminal Justice in the United States.

It appears that you're interpreting my statement in a wrong way. I'm not criticizing the vocal usage of the radio itself during a shooting or deem radio traffic unrealistic; it's the play-to-win attitude most cops have to immediately notify of the situation, in order to get others to respond as fast as possible, rather than portraying a realistic fight and flight response, which in this case is shooting back before utilizing the radio. It only makes sense to call for backup when behind cover, but not during the gunfight or when getting shot within seconds of initiation.

It's impossible to pursue realism in such manner as there're people who go around with the objective to kill people and they've practiced for a long time in DM servers just to be able to kill someone. Calling in for backup is CRUCIAL as if you go down, there're officers arriving on the scene who can cover you whilst others call in for medical and provide first aid. THAT alone buys you time and time is crucial if you're injured. You'll get help faster, you'll end up in the hospital faster and you'll STAY ALIVE. If you are in a situation with active gunfire at you and you get shot, without calling back-up, the shooter can just run up and kill you. If you have back-up coming, in this case, with emergency sirens and lights, you have higher chance that the robber wouldn't consider running up to kill you, but think of an escape route for themselves once they've "neutralized" you as a threat (Yes, they may not think you have called for back-up and still run up, but HOPEFULLY your back-up has arrived by that time). Yes, in some cases the officer gets a head wound and probably dies and taking into consideration that this is a game, where headshots are much more common, I think using VoIP to transmit your location and everything relevant is one of the only thing we can do to even our playing grounds against the criminals who can, in some cases, shoot better than us, even if in real life, cops would be able to take those situations with less stress and better aim. In most cases I've experienced (called) back-up for myself is when I am taking shots at my vehicle or someone is shooting at me whilst I am in cover, which is completely reasonable as I DO NOT need to shoot back whilst driving or behind a cover, because it's lower chance I will get hit. I can call for back-up, TAKE COVER if I am still in my car and THEN fire back.

Calling in for backup is CRUCIAL as if you go down [...]

But doing so while getting shot is powergaming. You don't respond to getting shot by reaching for your radio to make a last effort callout to dispatch, so your friends can gather up in A-TAC and respond to your location. Unless of course you have been shot and the suspect fled the scene; whilst you managed to escape at the glimpse of bleeding out, which in itself, according to faction members, is against the rules because VOIP is limited to shots fired or pursuits.

You'll get help faster, you'll end up in the hospital faster and you'll STAY ALIVE.

We're on a hardcore roleplay server and not a police chase server with roleplay elements. Sometimes you die, so respawn?

• Thumbs 1

On 12/27/2021 at 9:45 PM, F0r3v3r said:

Has this ever limited illegal role-players from using VoIP? Absolutely not. There're groups in factions that literally use a 2nd discord so they don't MG on the main one observed by Faction Management or they just use a regular group call in discord. It's not like we can change it because half of the people play legit, because if that was the case, the other half would still abuse VoIP to their liking. If it's the case that a member of the PD uses the VoIP as an unfair advantange, hence calling out shootouts whilst dead, screaming or being toxic over VoIP, not being reasonable etc, they will be punished, but you need to understand that in a shootout, you can not type out "Shots fired, Vespucci" or something, because your CALLOUTS need to be more precise and using just the general name of the location is never enough, because it  ends up with units having to circle Vespucci to find the shooting and in that time, it's quite certain the criminals have already rushed and killed the cop. It's a bad idea to remove VoIP from the police, because that's basically the only thing that makes us unique in that way. Communication is key in real life as well. Even if the criminals are smart enough to use radios, most of them do not because the radio lines are trackable and can be listened to, which sadly we do not have the access to in this video game.

You make some good points, though I still disagree. It's against the rules for criminal RPers to use voice chat, and imo it should be, but it should also be the same for LEO RPers.

Yes, the leaders of LEO factions say that they heavily moderate VOIP, but all I've seen is the opposite in my several years of playing, so I'm sure you can understand my scepticism.

I've observed LEO RPers actively calling for backup while literally standing in the middle of the street shooting at somebody, which shouldn't be considered cool in my opinion, I was even in a situation some time ago where an officer that was shot down continued calling for backup even after he was death screened, the only reason I found out that he was doing so was because he recorded it and reported me for whatever reason, which is why I'm sceptical when I'm told that VOIP is heavily moderated. It's easy to say that it's heavily moderated, but it's hard to really prove that.

On 12/28/2021 at 2:14 AM, True Neutral said:

You compare apples to pears. PD or SD are government agencies that have many gadgets like headset radios or bodycams which makes sense to use VOIP. Escaping PD should be hard. 

Police aren't supermen, even if they have 'gadgets' at their disposal. If you're actively being fired at by multiple thugs, you're likely gonna be in a state of panic, I doubt you'd be able to reach for your radio and calmly broadcast your location all while shooting back and reversing your car in the process, your aim is gonna be staying alive and not catching a bullet to the forehead.

• Thumbs 2

5 hours ago, Doug Dimmadome said:

But doing so while getting shot is powergaming. You don't respond to getting shot by reaching for your radio to make a last effort callout to dispatch, so your friends can gather up in A-TAC and respond to your location. Unless of course you have been shot and the suspect fled the scene; whilst you managed to escape at the glimpse of bleeding out, which in itself, according to faction members, is against the rules because VOIP is limited to shots fired or pursuits.

We're on a hardcore roleplay server and not a police chase server with roleplay elements. Sometimes you die, so respawn?

Exactly. VoIP itself is only USED when you're in a pursuit, a shots fired situation or a tactical situation (hence hostage situations, swat breaches etcetera). I agree, it's weird to call for backup whilst taking shots at you, but knowing you can just press the button on your shoulder mounted radio, with one hand and use your vehicle as a cover, it's reasonable. You can never do much in this situation alone. You're NOT allowed to use VoIP to call backup if the suspect fled the scene. You set up your radio broadcast and get people out there. IF you had visual on the person and airship is close-by, you can transmit it to call in for the airship to get visual and then continue the pursuit from there on.

It doesn't make sense that we're in a hardcore RP server and "sometimes you die, just respawn". Do you respawn in real life? That's sort of what the server is trying to show.

5 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

You make some good points, though I still disagree. It's against the rules for criminal RPers to use voice chat, and imo it should be, but it should also be the same for LEO RPers.

Yes, the leaders of LEO factions say that they heavily moderate VOIP, but all I've seen is the opposite in my several years of playing, so I'm sure you can understand my scepticism.

I've observed LEO RPers actively calling for backup while literally standing in the middle of the street shooting at somebody, which shouldn't be considered cool in my opinion, I was even in a situation some time ago where an officer that was shot down continued calling for backup even after he was death screened, the only reason I found out that he was doing so was because he recorded it and reported me for whatever reason, which is why I'm sceptical when I'm told that VOIP is heavily moderated. It's easy to say that it's heavily moderated, but it's hard to really prove that.

Police aren't supermen, even if they have 'gadgets' at their disposal. If you're actively being fired at by multiple thugs, you're likely gonna be in a state of panic, I doubt you'd be able to reach for your radio and calmly broadcast your location all while shooting back and reversing your car in the process, your aim is gonna be staying alive and not catching a bullet to the forehead.

Yes, it's against the rules, but tell me is everyone really abiding by that rule? No.

Leaders, supervisors and occasionally regular members moderate the usage of VoIP. If someone is transmitting unnecessary information over the TAC channel, such as "going for spikes" or something as such, they're told to direct it to the radio channels, not over the TAC channel, as it disrupts the radio traffic for the pursuing unit updating. 

If an officer does call for backup in middle of the street, with no actual cover whilst shooting their gun, report them. With enough evidence they'll receive punishments for powergame. Cops ARE equal to players in terms of that, even if they tend to have certain things that make their job easier from the POV of the game. If you were in that situation and the cop reported you, use THEIR OWN video against them. Report them to IA OOCly or faction leadership, depending on severity and the rank of the officer and you'll receive a response back. If they're transmitting whilst they're dead, that's considered Metagame and Powergame and will be handled, I can assure you. If you stand there with your hands up not getting involved, you won't see results. I assume there were no staff members, supervisors w/e in the situation, therefore, some members might not "snitch" on their own, but it's what you can do with the right evidence. (Think about it. If you catch your friend or faction member breaching any rule that is not SEEN by anyone else. DO you report it?)

I can assure you there's literally bare officers who can do it calmly. Shooting in a video game is stressful and the stress reflects on your character if you are stressed IRL. A unexpected ambush and you'll be shouting over the TAC channel because you're panicking. You do not just "calmly" broadcast your location, if you're in immediate need of assistance, you technically are not mourned upon for saying it out a bit faster, louder or whatever. It's never punished, but it tends to get help faster, as you are in a shootout situation. What you usually broadcast in that situation is your callsign, the LOCATION (street name if applicable, use your surroundings as a hint, whatever else you can do) and officer in danger. I don't know who did this to you, but in SAMP it's almost impossible to shoot and reverse at the same time, because you literally can not shoot from a car. If something like this happened in another GTA V server, please don't put it on us. It's their own thing and report them for doing so. If this ever happens in LS-RP V, when a officer shoots and drives his car, please report them. That's your best course of action as that's power-gaming. 

And yeah, police are not super-human. If you witness super-human actions by a cop, PLEASE do your best to report them. These people will receive punishments, be it IC or OOC. You can't be corrupt without valid permissions either, so think about that when you witness a cop being blatantly corrupt. Thank you!

• Thumbs 1

4 minutes ago, F0r3v3r said:

Yes, it's against the rules, but tell me is everyone really abiding by that rule? No.

of course not, in samp's final days, everyone was using VOIP, which carried over to other RP servers aswell unfortunately, anyone who says they never used VOIP and MGed is lying, if I'm being honest with you.

6 minutes ago, F0r3v3r said:

Leaders, supervisors and occasionally regular members moderate the usage of VoIP. If someone is transmitting unnecessary information over the TAC channel, such as "going for spikes" or something as such, they're told to direct it to the radio channels, not over the TAC channel, as it disrupts the radio traffic for the pursuing unit updating.

Interesting, I didn't know this, so that's a good thing to know.

7 minutes ago, F0r3v3r said:

If an officer does call for backup in middle of the street, with no actual cover whilst shooting their gun, report them. With enough evidence they'll receive punishments for powergame. Cops ARE equal to players in terms of that, even if they tend to have certain things that make their job easier from the POV of the game. If you were in that situation and the cop reported you, use THEIR OWN video against them. Report them to IA OOCly or faction leadership, depending on severity and the rank of the officer and you'll receive a response back. If they're transmitting whilst they're dead, that's considered Metagame and Powergame and will be handled, I can assure you. If you stand there with your hands up not getting involved, you won't see results.

Yeah, I would've reported it at the time, but at that point I was fairly certain that such actions were acceptable, whether or not I was wrong at the time, it's mainly that situation that causes me to dislike the use of VOIP by LEO's, it just seems unfair as hell to me, maybe that's because I haven't actually played as a LEO, so idk how important it really is, just always been something that strikes me as unfair.

10 minutes ago, F0r3v3r said:

I assume there were no staff members, supervisors w/e in the situation, therefore, some members might not "snitch" on their own, but it's what you can do with the right evidence. (Think about it. If you catch your friend or faction member breaching any rule that is not SEEN by anyone else. DO you report it?)

Yeah, I assume there wasn't either, or it was during a time where VOIP wasn't as heavily regulated as it's said to be now. I'm not really even 100% sure when the situation I'm referring to happened, it was just something I remembered vividly and decided to bring up. I dunno if I ever even reported the dude to his superiors, perhaps I should've at the time.

And yeah, you make a valid point.

12 minutes ago, F0r3v3r said:

I don't know who did this to you, but in SAMP it's almost impossible to shoot and reverse at the same time, because you literally can not shoot from a car. If something like this happened in another GTA V server, please don't put it on us. It's their own thing and report them for doing so. If this ever happens in LS-RP V, when a officer shoots and drives his car, please report them. That's your best course of action as that's power-gaming. 

Yeah don't worry I'm not putting that on you blokes, it's mainly just a hypothetical situation that may or may not happen at some point as a way to point out how shit can be abused at some points. The main problem I have is that it's extremely hard for civilian and legal RPers to prove that a cop powergamed/mged with VOIP and usually (atleast in my eyes) if the supervisor happens to miss what happens, it's likely gonna be one of those 'too bad, just move on' type scenarios. For example, in the first situation I mentioned, I would've had no clue that the dude was still talking in VC with his boys and telling them where to find me whilst dead if he hadn't reported me and posted a video. For the hypothetical situation, if a cop were to do that, all we'd really be able to do is report them for reversing and shooting at the same time, we'd have no clue he MGed on voip.

18 minutes ago, F0r3v3r said:

And yeah, police are not super-human. If you witness super-human actions by a cop, PLEASE do your best to report them. These people will receive punishments, be it IC or OOC. You can't be corrupt without valid permissions either, so think about that when you witness a cop being blatantly corrupt. Thank you!

Yeah, I always do my best to report these things, and thankfully as far as LSRP goes at least, I haven't actually had to IA or outright report a cop in some time for that kind of portrayal cause it's happening less and less, I hope that continues to be the trend when LSRPV comes out tbh.

• Strong 1