What do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?

7 hours ago, ROZE said:

I'd like to see LEO's also doing roleplay on their character outside of just doing police work. A lot of LEO characters do nothing else and don't develop their characters as well as they could be.

I say this because I'd like to interact with more indepth characters and not just robocops. - Obviously there has been and is people that aren't like this, who have put some incredible development into their character, but it definately could be better for a lot of people.

This is something I can definitely see happening more. Mindset in general has changed a lot over the past few years. There's also so much more to do in GTA V than there was in GTA SA and I'm hoping to see this, along with regular business openings incorporated into things so roleplaying offduty would become the norm.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, ROZE said:

I'd like to see LEO's also doing roleplay on their character outside of just doing police work. A lot of LEO characters do nothing else and don't develop their characters as well as they could be.

I say this because I'd like to interact with more indepth characters and not just robocops. - Obviously there has been and is people that aren't like this, who have put some incredible development into their character, but it definately could be better for a lot of people.

To expand on this concern of yours and in reply to the new recruitment system post I made earlier — we're not looking for cops, we're looking for characters. This new system will allow us to gauge an individual, their motives and what they plan to do (I.E if they state they just want to do LEO-related activities, this isn't something we will pursue with that individual).

The recruitment and training sides of the faction are putting heavy emphasis on character development, realism and wanting people to put their characters first, not being a cop — it's something that internally will be monitored and new individuals will be gauged on throughout their probationary and pre-join period.

Quality over quantity. 

Edited by owen
  • Love 1

it's prolly been touched on already by now, but yeah, I'm gonna say like... 95% of the cops i came across on LSRP looked like they were just copy n pastes- with as much personality as a piece of plywood, which just deadass discouraged me from even trying to rp with them as i knew they'd just CTRL+V some shit like ''Citizen: [BLANK]. You are committing: [CRIME]. Stop: immediately.'' on some AI shit, so i just popped them lol. just make sure y'all got the right people on-board this time and not John_Smith#53828782345.

On 12/5/2021 at 9:08 PM, Jit said:

Less focus on car chases and shootouts and more focus on building cases against individuals/factions, injunctions and rico's (kinda the same thing) I'd be willing willing to bet at least 95% of the playerbase (probably more), even people who were in PD had 0 idea that the FBI was even a thing on SAMP LSRP. (I myself didn't find out until I watched a 2 year old LSRP PD stream and I was in PD my self.)

Their needs to be some type of atmosphere  between PD and when illegal street gang factions start becoming official or even before they do become official, their needs to be more focus on their head leaders. For example: The Wire (TV Series)

Unless you were in the faction, you'd have 0 idea that any other branch besides traffic did anything relevant towards their assignment. LSRP it just felt all every cop that logged in and camped intersections.

Their needs to be a balance, where GND/Detectives/FBI really crack down on street gangs/organized crime and not just log in for a few hours, camp a intersection and wait for a car to come speeding by. I know these things happen, but the rate just seems to small and unnoticeable.

This 10000%. In order to have a good illegal faction scene, we need a good police scene with more of an emphasis on making cases rather than writing tickets and chasing speeders. 

I'd personally like to see more effort go into IC interactions with citizens. I can only speak for myself, but whenever I would get into a situation with an officer they would always seem to be in a rush to give me a ticket. A typical interaction would last at the very most 5 minutes, when real traffic stops don't usually end that quickly.

more freedom when it comes to low-mid level corruption. if someone gets fired for something IC let them come back on another character without going through the full academy again. getting down in a back alley or letting someone on an assault charge loose for a couple hundred $$$ shouldn't be punished with a month removal from the faction

Edited by yekim

1)No IC use for Discord/Teamspeak/whatever you were using to talk IRL. 

There are two things that frustrated me a lot in this when I was playing here

-During your interventions, people in front of you are so at disadvantage, because while you can ask for backup and say where and how and plan the whole thing in 0.5 seconds, they have to write it all and it takes time. 
-And, in my 3 years or idk of my presence here, I never could join nor LSPD nor LSSD only because the use of vocal communication was a must and I didn’t feel comfortable with that, and I did talk to few people and they felt the same. 

Tbh obligating vocal communication seems so extreme. 

Actually, while I suggested no IC use, I’d actually be fine with it if you don’t discriminate during recruitment between those who can talk and those who cant or don’t want to, it’s also fine if you give priority in leading interventions and access to leading ranks to those who talk, just don’t refuse people access to the whole LSPD only for not willing to use vocal chat. 

2)The taser working from 60 km distance is definitely not fairplay, and I never could understand how it never changed in SAMP. 
Like, it was impossible to run away from cops on foot, they could tase you no matter how far you are, while irl it can be shot up to only -maybe- 2 meters ?

3)This is not an LSPD decision, but I genuinely wanna know if everyone here (including ex LSPD members) wanna keep the old jail lengths? 5 hours for a car chase in GTA wtf was that. 

34 minutes ago, MissGTA said:

1)No IC use for Discord/Teamspeak/whatever you were using to talk IRL. 

There are two things that frustrated me a lot in this when I was playing here

-During your interventions, people in front of you are so at disadvantage, because while you can ask for backup and say where and how and plan the whole thing in 0.5 seconds, they have to write it all and it takes time. 
-And, in my 3 years or idk of my presence here, I never could join nor LSPD nor LSSD only because the use of vocal communication was a must and I didn’t feel comfortable with that, and I did talk to few people and they felt the same. 

Tbh obligating vocal communication seems so extreme. 

Actually, while I suggested no IC use, I’d actually be fine with it if you don’t discriminate during recruitment between those who can talk and those who cant or don’t want to, it’s also fine if you give priority in leading interventions and access to leading ranks to those who talk, just don’t refuse people access to the whole LSPD only for not willing to use vocal chat. 

2)The taser working from 60 km distance is definitely not fairplay, and I never could understand how it never changed in SAMP. 
Like, it was impossible to run away from cops on foot, they could tase you no matter how far you are, while irl it can be shot up to only -maybe- 2 meters ?

3)This is not an LSPD decision, but I genuinely wanna know if everyone here (including ex LSPD members) wanna keep the old jail lengths? 5 hours for a car chase in GTA wtf was that. 

I feel that jail times should be even longer now for extreme crimes not something like evading etc but if you evade, hit 2 cars, smack a cop, bite a dog, shoot a squirrel and get like 10 hours its just not realistic tbh. GTA5 brings alot of opportunities to prison rp, customs weapons, custom mapping, factions in prison all sorts of shit but over everything else what we need most is prison time going down even when you're offline or on a different character.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:04 AM, Redz said:

Explain? Voice chat has minimized as much as we can in recent times to be quite honest. And was most definitely only used in situations requiring it. 

Voice chat = metagaming for anybody else, never understood why Law Enforcement is an exception.

• Thumbs 1

4 hours ago, Florida said:

Voice chat = metagaming for anybody else, never understood why Law Enforcement is an exception.

IMO, completely removing it wouldn't help reducing the metagaming done since /pm, /cb and Discord still exists. It's like saying "let's ban knifes because criminals are using knifes". They are going to find a new way if they remove TeamSpeak. LSRP and LE staff should go down to the root of the problem and just faction ban the ones metagaming and do better when it comes to moderating Legal Faction TS. 

18 hours ago, yekim said:

more freedom when it comes to low-mid level corruption. if someone gets fired for something IC let them come back on another character without going through the full academy again. getting down in a back alley or letting someone on an assault charge loose for a couple hundred $$$ shouldn't be punished with a month removal from the faction

We already allow this, we also give people the ability to name-change. Corruption tiers will also be implemented for faction members who want to engage in more serious corruption.

13 hours ago, MissGTA said:

-

12 hours ago, JJABOTULE said:

-

Our personal thoughts as a faction in regards to jail times do not matter. What we care about is providing quality police role-play and ensuring all parties that interact with us are enjoying the role-play. We do want the jail environment to be enjoyable as well, however, we do not enjoy putting someone in prison for endless hours. That's a question you may want to direct towards @ImperiumXVII and Government.

We are also not interested in individuals who do not possess a microphone at the moment, as they wouldn't be effective during emergency situations that require the use of a microphone. Having to force faction members to patrol with someone without a microphone, or allowing members without a microphone to patrol solo and get involved in situations that they cannot call out is just a huge hassle that we do not want to explore.

However, we are going to be possibly opening up non-LEO positions that people may want to explore.

4 hours ago, Florida said:

In order to have an effective in-character police department, rather than cops that are less effective than GTA 5's NPCs, the usage of a microphone during emergency situations is required. Throughout the past years, we have cut down 80 percent on microphone usage.

We only allow faction members to use their microphones in specific channels, while actively being shot or pursuing someone. 

Expecting a police department to have to type on the radio while engaging in a foot pursuit, or a vehicle pursuit and maintain it's in-character effectiveness is unrealistic. We want to maintain a balanced and realistic police department.

41 minutes ago, mhrhan said:

-

Our supervisors (experienced faction members) heavily moderate situations where VOIP is used.