What do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?

7 hours ago, ROZE said:

I'd like to see LEO's also doing roleplay on their character outside of just doing police work. A lot of LEO characters do nothing else and don't develop their characters as well as they could be.

I say this because I'd like to interact with more indepth characters and not just robocops. - Obviously there has been and is people that aren't like this, who have put some incredible development into their character, but it definately could be better for a lot of people.

This is something I can definitely see happening more. Mindset in general has changed a lot over the past few years. There's also so much more to do in GTA V than there was in GTA SA and I'm hoping to see this, along with regular business openings incorporated into things so roleplaying offduty would become the norm.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, ROZE said:

I'd like to see LEO's also doing roleplay on their character outside of just doing police work. A lot of LEO characters do nothing else and don't develop their characters as well as they could be.

I say this because I'd like to interact with more indepth characters and not just robocops. - Obviously there has been and is people that aren't like this, who have put some incredible development into their character, but it definately could be better for a lot of people.

To expand on this concern of yours and in reply to the new recruitment system post I made earlier — we're not looking for cops, we're looking for characters. This new system will allow us to gauge an individual, their motives and what they plan to do (I.E if they state they just want to do LEO-related activities, this isn't something we will pursue with that individual).

The recruitment and training sides of the faction are putting heavy emphasis on character development, realism and wanting people to put their characters first, not being a cop — it's something that internally will be monitored and new individuals will be gauged on throughout their probationary and pre-join period.

Quality over quantity. 

Edited by owen
  • Love 1

it's prolly been touched on already by now, but yeah, I'm gonna say like... 95% of the cops i came across on LSRP looked like they were just copy n pastes- with as much personality as a piece of plywood, which just deadass discouraged me from even trying to rp with them as i knew they'd just CTRL+V some shit like ''Citizen: [BLANK]. You are committing: [CRIME]. Stop: immediately.'' on some AI shit, so i just popped them lol. just make sure y'all got the right people on-board this time and not John_Smith#53828782345.

On 12/5/2021 at 9:08 PM, Jit said:

Less focus on car chases and shootouts and more focus on building cases against individuals/factions, injunctions and rico's (kinda the same thing) I'd be willing willing to bet at least 95% of the playerbase (probably more), even people who were in PD had 0 idea that the FBI was even a thing on SAMP LSRP. (I myself didn't find out until I watched a 2 year old LSRP PD stream and I was in PD my self.)

Their needs to be some type of atmosphere  between PD and when illegal street gang factions start becoming official or even before they do become official, their needs to be more focus on their head leaders. For example: The Wire (TV Series)

Unless you were in the faction, you'd have 0 idea that any other branch besides traffic did anything relevant towards their assignment. LSRP it just felt all every cop that logged in and camped intersections.

Their needs to be a balance, where GND/Detectives/FBI really crack down on street gangs/organized crime and not just log in for a few hours, camp a intersection and wait for a car to come speeding by. I know these things happen, but the rate just seems to small and unnoticeable.

This 10000%. In order to have a good illegal faction scene, we need a good police scene with more of an emphasis on making cases rather than writing tickets and chasing speeders. 

I'd personally like to see more effort go into IC interactions with citizens. I can only speak for myself, but whenever I would get into a situation with an officer they would always seem to be in a rush to give me a ticket. A typical interaction would last at the very most 5 minutes, when real traffic stops don't usually end that quickly.

more freedom when it comes to low-mid level corruption. if someone gets fired for something IC let them come back on another character without going through the full academy again. getting down in a back alley or letting someone on an assault charge loose for a couple hundred $$$ shouldn't be punished with a month removal from the faction

Edited by yekim

1)No IC use for Discord/Teamspeak/whatever you were using to talk IRL. 

There are two things that frustrated me a lot in this when I was playing here

-During your interventions, people in front of you are so at disadvantage, because while you can ask for backup and say where and how and plan the whole thing in 0.5 seconds, they have to write it all and it takes time. 
-And, in my 3 years or idk of my presence here, I never could join nor LSPD nor LSSD only because the use of vocal communication was a must and I didn’t feel comfortable with that, and I did talk to few people and they felt the same. 

Tbh obligating vocal communication seems so extreme. 

Actually, while I suggested no IC use, I’d actually be fine with it if you don’t discriminate during recruitment between those who can talk and those who cant or don’t want to, it’s also fine if you give priority in leading interventions and access to leading ranks to those who talk, just don’t refuse people access to the whole LSPD only for not willing to use vocal chat. 

2)The taser working from 60 km distance is definitely not fairplay, and I never could understand how it never changed in SAMP. 
Like, it was impossible to run away from cops on foot, they could tase you no matter how far you are, while irl it can be shot up to only -maybe- 2 meters ?

3)This is not an LSPD decision, but I genuinely wanna know if everyone here (including ex LSPD members) wanna keep the old jail lengths? 5 hours for a car chase in GTA wtf was that. 

34 minutes ago, MissGTA said:

1)No IC use for Discord/Teamspeak/whatever you were using to talk IRL. 

There are two things that frustrated me a lot in this when I was playing here

-During your interventions, people in front of you are so at disadvantage, because while you can ask for backup and say where and how and plan the whole thing in 0.5 seconds, they have to write it all and it takes time. 
-And, in my 3 years or idk of my presence here, I never could join nor LSPD nor LSSD only because the use of vocal communication was a must and I didn’t feel comfortable with that, and I did talk to few people and they felt the same. 

Tbh obligating vocal communication seems so extreme. 

Actually, while I suggested no IC use, I’d actually be fine with it if you don’t discriminate during recruitment between those who can talk and those who cant or don’t want to, it’s also fine if you give priority in leading interventions and access to leading ranks to those who talk, just don’t refuse people access to the whole LSPD only for not willing to use vocal chat. 

2)The taser working from 60 km distance is definitely not fairplay, and I never could understand how it never changed in SAMP. 
Like, it was impossible to run away from cops on foot, they could tase you no matter how far you are, while irl it can be shot up to only -maybe- 2 meters ?

3)This is not an LSPD decision, but I genuinely wanna know if everyone here (including ex LSPD members) wanna keep the old jail lengths? 5 hours for a car chase in GTA wtf was that. 

I feel that jail times should be even longer now for extreme crimes not something like evading etc but if you evade, hit 2 cars, smack a cop, bite a dog, shoot a squirrel and get like 10 hours its just not realistic tbh. GTA5 brings alot of opportunities to prison rp, customs weapons, custom mapping, factions in prison all sorts of shit but over everything else what we need most is prison time going down even when you're offline or on a different character.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:04 AM, Redz said:

Explain? Voice chat has minimized as much as we can in recent times to be quite honest. And was most definitely only used in situations requiring it. 

Voice chat = metagaming for anybody else, never understood why Law Enforcement is an exception.

• Thumbs 1

4 hours ago, Florida said:

Voice chat = metagaming for anybody else, never understood why Law Enforcement is an exception.

IMO, completely removing it wouldn't help reducing the metagaming done since /pm, /cb and Discord still exists. It's like saying "let's ban knifes because criminals are using knifes". They are going to find a new way if they remove TeamSpeak. LSRP and LE staff should go down to the root of the problem and just faction ban the ones metagaming and do better when it comes to moderating Legal Faction TS. 

18 hours ago, yekim said:

more freedom when it comes to low-mid level corruption. if someone gets fired for something IC let them come back on another character without going through the full academy again. getting down in a back alley or letting someone on an assault charge loose for a couple hundred $$$ shouldn't be punished with a month removal from the faction

We already allow this, we also give people the ability to name-change. Corruption tiers will also be implemented for faction members who want to engage in more serious corruption.

13 hours ago, MissGTA said:

-

12 hours ago, JJABOTULE said:

-

Our personal thoughts as a faction in regards to jail times do not matter. What we care about is providing quality police role-play and ensuring all parties that interact with us are enjoying the role-play. We do want the jail environment to be enjoyable as well, however, we do not enjoy putting someone in prison for endless hours. That's a question you may want to direct towards @ImperiumXVII and Government.

We are also not interested in individuals who do not possess a microphone at the moment, as they wouldn't be effective during emergency situations that require the use of a microphone. Having to force faction members to patrol with someone without a microphone, or allowing members without a microphone to patrol solo and get involved in situations that they cannot call out is just a huge hassle that we do not want to explore.

However, we are going to be possibly opening up non-LEO positions that people may want to explore.

4 hours ago, Florida said:

In order to have an effective in-character police department, rather than cops that are less effective than GTA 5's NPCs, the usage of a microphone during emergency situations is required. Throughout the past years, we have cut down 80 percent on microphone usage.

We only allow faction members to use their microphones in specific channels, while actively being shot or pursuing someone. 

Expecting a police department to have to type on the radio while engaging in a foot pursuit, or a vehicle pursuit and maintain it's in-character effectiveness is unrealistic. We want to maintain a balanced and realistic police department.

41 minutes ago, mhrhan said:

-

Our supervisors (experienced faction members) heavily moderate situations where VOIP is used.

25 minutes ago, Benavides said:

We already allow this, we also give people the ability to name-change. Corruption tiers will also be implemented for faction members who want to engage in more serious corruption.

Our personal thoughts as a faction in regards to jail times do not matter. What we care about is providing quality police role-play and ensuring all parties that interact with us are enjoying the role-play. We do want the jail environment to be enjoyable as well, however, we do not enjoy putting someone in prison for endless hours. That's a question you may want to direct towards @ImperiumXVII and Government.

We are also not interested in individuals who do not possess a microphone at the moment, as they wouldn't be effective during emergency situations that require the use of a microphone. Having to force faction members to patrol with someone without a microphone, or allowing members without a microphone to patrol solo and get involved in situations that they cannot call out is just a huge hassle that we do not want to explore.

However, we are going to be possibly opening up non-LEO positions that people may want to explore.

In order to have an effective in-character police department, rather than cops that are less effective than GTA 5's NPCs, the usage of a microphone during emergency situations is required. Throughout the past years, we have cut down 80 percent on microphone usage.

We only allow faction members to use their microphones in specific channels, while actively being shot or pursuing someone. 

Expecting a police department to have to type on the radio while engaging in a foot pursuit, or a vehicle pursuit and maintain it's in-character effectiveness is unrealistic. We want to maintain a balanced and realistic police department.

Our supervisors (experienced faction members) heavily moderate situations where VOIP is used.

1)Your opinion matters, because back in the days jail lengths were decided partially according to how annoyed the LSPD (and LSSD) is by car chases and shootouts and other stuffs. 

2)It’s a game, who cares about the hassle people face IC? Like, do you realize you’re obligating OOCly something to avoid IC events??
I’ve played in high quality RP servers where voice chat was forbidden for everyone including LSPD, and they still managed to be effective and play very well. 
For emergencies I remember we were advised to have keybinder, which was so simple yet so effective. With one key you ask for backup and describe your situation in one or two words (Officer shot, car chase etc…)ofc it wouldn’t allow precise descriptions (suspect or car description or directions) but that doesn’t seem necessary to me in a GAME.  

But, even if it’s necessary to you, it doesn’t have to be fatality, you can recruit LEOs without mics under certain conditions…for instance no solo patrol allowed.

Kind of funny that all posts with criticism regarding use of VOIP, PD powergaming and metagaming were met with a dogpiling of "that doesn't happen anymore" and then I go do a cursory search through Youtube that immediately tells me that no, VOIP use isn't heavily moderated, and no, care isn't taken to actually act like it's an IC radio. Most videos, wisely, drown out Teamspeak by use of terrible music so people outside the faction don't really get to see much of it. Keep in mind that I'm taking no side in this argument because I'm not sure if typing everything out is viable, but don't try to pretend like it's a flawless mechanic that's 100% fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uC2sMqHFtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiK8503EI6Y

These were just the two most recent (and frankly, embarassing) examples from around a year ago, probably just before server shut down? I haven't been on LSRP for years and it doesn't seem like much changed regarding police, this entire thread has just been people giving their opinions and suggestions and PD reps replying that, actually, PD is the perfect faction and everything is already being done as well as it possibly could.

Very low expectations for any not-forced improvement from this faction come server release from what this thread showed me, hopefully they're proven wrong. I'd just be happy if some officers tried having a personality this time around so interactions with the police don't boil down to one of the parties typing out a bunch of canned lines and commands and then driving to jail. If I had to guess, it'll be more or less the same as LSRP where the average cop may as well be an NPC for all the RP you're going to squeeze out of him (not that the average gangbanger is much better) and detectives and the GND are the only people worth even trying to interact with.

Edited by IdleStacks

Maybe transform PD internally to where people don't abuse powers, don't form cliques and then vote for each other on everything (from promotions, tester applications, etc) therefore increasing their power. Also, try rewarding good Role Players over average/below average players who just spent more time in the faction. Promote unique concepts. And most importantly, put competent people at important positions instead of your buddies who Role Played an illegal character once and think they know how to run gangs and/or major crimes. 

On 12/6/2021 at 3:08 AM, Jit said:

Less focus on car chases and shootouts and more focus on building cases against individuals/factions, injunctions and rico's (kinda the same thing) I'd be willing willing to bet at least 95% of the playerbase (probably more), even people who were in PD had 0 idea that the FBI was even a thing on SAMP LSRP. (I myself didn't find out until I watched a 2 year old LSRP PD stream and I was in PD my self.)

Their needs to be some type of atmosphere  between PD and when illegal street gang factions start becoming official or even before they do become official, their needs to be more focus on their head leaders. For example: The Wire (TV Series)

Unless you were in the faction, you'd have 0 idea that any other branch besides traffic did anything relevant towards their assignment. LSRP it just felt all every cop that logged in and camped intersections.

Their needs to be a balance, where GND/Detectives/FBI really crack down on street gangs/organized crime and not just log in for a few hours, camp a intersection and wait for a car to come speeding by. I know these things happen, but the rate just seems to small and unnoticeable.

My experience with this on SAMP (at least gangs):

1. You'd start to investigate a gang, everything would be cool, you'd get some members identified, maybe do a drug bust.
2. You'd want more, start surveillance on key members. Oh they have wallhacks? Well they won't be doing anything while you're there. 
3. You'd want to do an arrest or some sort of a search or gang enforcement or anything. Well, there's a problem. The guy you're after is online but your fellow gang detectives are offline. So you have to beg people, do a briefing so it's realistic etc. In the mean time, the guy went in his house to AFK or offline. Better luck next time.
4. You want to investigate how the gang works, who runs what etc. You would realistically need a snitch. Well, let me tell ya, these gangstas in Jefferson DO NOT be snitchin. They'll do time (10 hours max), they don't give no fucks cuhz.... 
5. You somehow manage to get a snitch by encountering a good Role Player who is not scared to sacrifice his character (usually those with little to nothing to lose a.k.a outsiders or some sort of a lower rank) and you finally manage to identify the leader. Well, let me tell ya, that leader kinda prefers Role Playing on an alt that is insider so he can shoot, sell drugs, Role Play with lower ranks who are in the majority, the fun stuff. So you can barely EVER catch him online, let alone get a team up (as, at least during my tenure as gang detectives lead, you'd have 5-7 active detectives AT BEST).
6. You fall into this circle of essentially doing gang enforcement work instead of actual detective work. You pat down people that you think may be selling drugs after observing them and pray to God they don't have wallhacks. 

Bonus facts:
1. It is virtually impossible to actively follow someone somewhere. You will get spotted 10/10 times due to lack of regular traffic, even on a SAMP map that is far smaller than GTA V. 
2. If the character you are after has anything of value on him or is in a crowd of 4 or more people, you are almost always ending up in a shootout so you better come prepared. This was the case for everyone, even those regarded as elite Role Players (even some ex members of FT). 
3. Punish dumb behavior (for example during gang injunctions people would just not fucking go inside and RP but keep at it like nothing happened) by taking it IC (as you're not an admin) and you'll be called names, you'll be called arrest hungry, shootout hungry, robocop etc.
4. A gang is getting more violent or is involved in drug trade on a larger scale, you get the info about it and decide to give them a bit more intention, you're automatically "not letting them create RP" or "not letting them RP in their hood" and it is frowned upon.

In conclusion, anything you do will be judged and aside from everything being very hard to organize even for simple things such as shakedowns and such, it's just not worth it unless you have A LOT of free time. Otherwise it will be just mediocre, you will fall into gang enforcement and not do any real investigative work. Also paperwork was awful lol, you'd spend hours writing a casefile just for you or the person you wrote it on to be PK'd out of it.

But maybe something can be done. Thoughts @danielswe @Redz ?

• Love 1

2 hours ago, MissGTA said:

2)It’s a game, who cares about the hassle people face IC? Like, do you realize you’re obligating OOCly something to avoid IC events??
I’ve played in high quality RP servers where voice chat was forbidden for everyone including LSPD, and they still managed to be effective and play very well. 
For emergencies I remember we were advised to have keybinder, which was so simple yet so effective. With one key you ask for backup and describe your situation in one or two words (Officer shot, car chase etc…)ofc it wouldn’t allow precise descriptions (suspect or car description or directions) but that doesn’t seem necessary to me in a GAME.  

But, even if it’s necessary to you, it doesn’t have to be fatality, you can recruit LEOs without mics under certain conditions…for instance no solo patrol allowed.

Out of character restrictions are put into place in order to ensure the quality of the faction. For example, a sub par role-player may be removed from the academy process on an out-of-character basis, regardless of his in-character progress. That's how role-play servers work, OOC restrictions exist to maintain quality.

Using key-binds for role-play is against the rules, we also do not wish to do that. In regards to placing faction members under special restrictions, we do not wish to go down that route, as I've answered that already above.

We are exploring the possibilities of forensics, dispatchers and so on, where people without a microphone can apply for

1 hour ago, IdleStacks said:

Kind of funny that all posts with criticism regarding use of VOIP, PD powergaming and metagaming were met with a dogpiling of "that doesn't happen anymore"

I am interested in seeing concrete examples of our faction power-gaming and meta-gaming being shown in this thread, and ourselves dismissing it.

As I've said in the previous page:

"22 members were reported to leadership in 2020 and 23 in 2019. 85 percent (give or take) ended up being internally punished or kicked out of the faction."

and then I go do a cursory search through Youtube that immediately tells me that no, VOIP use isn't heavily moderated, and no, care isn't taken to actually act like it's an IC radio. Most videos, wisely, drown out Teamspeak by use of terrible music so people outside the faction don't really get to see much of it. Keep in mind that I'm taking no side in this argument because I'm not sure if typing everything out is viable, but don't try to pretend like it's a flawless mechanic that's 100% fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uC2sMqHFtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiK8503EI6Y

I am disappointed that you formed an opinion on the faction based off two videos, while being absent from the server for years. In regards to your first video, VOIP was used up until to the point where the pursuit / shooting incident stopped, which is fine. 

However! Shooting and speaking on the radio at the same time is not allowed, especially in this instance. This incident wasn't reported, therefore it was not dealt with. Same for the second video, they moved the incident to 'SIMPLEX' (in-game radio) when the shooting incident was over with. The goal is to take situations back to the in-game radio as fast as possible.

Regardless, I do hope that our faction members will be able to provide you with quality police role-play in-game when the server launches.

I haven't been on LSRP for years and it doesn't seem like much changed regarding police

It is indeed unfortunate that you haven't been around to experience the changes in our faction. However, you seem to be forgetting that other versions of this faction were actively using cheetahs, bullets and M4s for every single situation. We spent years reforming the faction into a realistic department that focuses on role-play, rather than winning. There's been numerous times where we encouraged and demanded our faction members to mutually void a situation and not bother arguing on /b, and instead try and find role-play elsewhere with someone else.

this entire thread has just been people giving their opinions and suggestions and PD reps replying that, actually, PD is the perfect faction and everything is already being done as well as it possibly could.

I'd love to see you point out exactly where this happened in the thread. Corruption has been the main suggestion, which is allowed already and is currently being reworked by myself into a tier based system.

30 minutes ago, Conwell said:

In conclusion, anything you do will be judged and aside from everything being very hard to organize even for simple things such as shakedowns and such, it's just not worth it unless you have A LOT of free time. Otherwise it will be just mediocre, you will fall into gang enforcement and not do any real investigative work. Also paperwork was awful lol, you'd spend hours writing a casefile just for you or the person you wrote it on to be PK'd out of it.

There's nothing that we can do as a faction to force people to role-play properly. This sounds like something that belongs in the Faction Team Public section for further discussion. This is out of our hands, the only thing we can do is ensure our detectives and officers are role-playing properly.

7 minutes ago, Benavides said:

Out of character restrictions are put into place in order to ensure the quality of the faction. For example, a sub par role-player may be removed from the academy process on an out-of-character basis, regardless of his in-character progress. That's how role-play servers work, OOC restrictions exist to maintain quality.

Using key-binds for role-play is against the rules, we also do not wish to do that. In regards to placing faction members under special restrictions, we do not wish to go down that route, as I've answered that already above.

We are exploring the possibilities of forensics, dispatchers and so on, where people without a microphone can apply for

I wasn’t talking about the RP quality, I was talking about the IC event itself, so the example you gave isn’t equivalent to what we’re talking about. 
When you don’t have a mic you have more chances of losing ICly but who cares?? 

Also, forbidding keybinder in all cases seems absurd to me, it’s what I’d call "RP fanaticism". 
Keybinds to write the needed /me to handcuff people, or to ask for backup, seems just fine to me. 

One of the things that made me leave the other server I was playing in, is too much writing. I’m all good with interacting with others, it’s not that what tired me, but it felt too much to have to write 3 lines /me for repetitive things such as handcuffing. 
That was just a remak, it’s not my main subject

And let’s not forget about my other argument which is that you guys are too advantaged in certain IC scenes. 
Plus, we can never know if the voice chat use was done correctly or not, you can ask for backup while being aimed at by a gun and the person in front will never guess it, although idk if rageMP allows it but I hope the use of voice chat will be visible IG just like in Five’. 
I heard your argument about how you’re severe about that and all, but understand that in order to be severe about something you have to get to know about it, and the voice use the way it was in SAMP made it super hard to guess wether it was done correctly or not…when you ram your car into something at 150 km/h during a car chase then keep going like nothing happened, there are high chances the suspect and/or your colleagues and/or the eventual admin spectating you saw it, but when you call for backup inside a tight house with suspects inside, it’s hard for them/your colleagues/the admin to know how exactly you did things. 

Anyway, I said what I disliked in this faction, and I’m not the only one to think so as it seems, idk how the decisions are made when you tell me that you aren’t interested in players who don’t use voice chat, but I think decisions in such subjects should be done according to a vote including all players and not according to the only decision of the leading board. 

49 minutes ago, Benavides said:

I am interested in seeing concrete examples of our faction power-gaming and meta-gaming being shown in this thread, and ourselves dismissing it.

See this is the big problem with VOIP. We don't get to see concrete examples because half the roleplay is hidden to the party that isn't in the PD. How's anyone but the people currently inside the TS channel going to know if the officer was powergaming by speaking while shooting or pulling sick ass maneuvers with the PD cruiser?

And in most cases, how is anyone but the officer himself going to know if he powergamed? Allowing use of VOIP essentially creates an unpunishable rulebreak unless whoever did it is stupid enough to record it and post a video of it. Not that I'm sure typing everything out would be very viable.

And in any case I'm hoping the GTA V being huge will help with this as officers take longer to reach scenes, ending the problem of people being doomed to lose if they take more than 10 seconds to shoot down an officer and gtfo.

Regardless, I do hope that our faction members will be able to provide you with quality police role-play in-game when the server launches.

I hope so too because without the PD we may as well be playing a more boring version of team death match.  I hope my posts aren't misconstrued as blind hatred of the faction because both sides have to co-exist on the server and be relatively balanced or else there's no point to playing the game.

It is indeed unfortunate that you haven't been around to experience the changes in our faction. However, you seem to be forgetting that other versions of this faction were actively using cheetahs, bullets and M4s for every single situation.

I'm not sure when this change happened but I spent the last year and a half or so (2016 to 2017 maybe?) roleplaying in the DOC and I think I still caught them while I was RPing in a gang, or at least there'd been movements towards punishing people who went to the M4 as a first resort already.

Edited by IdleStacks

Whilst I don't want to invalidate concerns, a lot of people coming to this thread probably sit in one of three groups:

- Haven't played LSRP in a very long time (before 2017-2018)

- Played on the server where the LEO faction is total ass, allowing rampant P2W and shit rp (which I cannot blame you guys for commenting and wanting change, however, 90% of the things you're asking for has been a thing for years)

- Coming from servers that aren't heavy RP like LSRP, e.g FiveM, other RageMP servers, SAMP, GMod, and so on

A lot of what I've read here are already things the LSPD take pride in removing from their faction. That being play to win behavior, shit tier roleplay, overusing voice. These things were eradicated long ago and are not tolerated. Obviously if you witness it, report it, not everyone can manage to oversee 100 members 24/7.

21 minutes ago, MissGTA said:

Also, forbidding keybinder in all cases seems absurd to me, it’s what I’d call "RP fanaticism". 
Keybinds to write the needed /me to handcuff people, or to ask for backup, seems just fine to me. 

One of the things that made me leave the other server I was playing in, is too much writing. I’m all good with interacting with others, it’s not that what tired me, but it felt too much to have to write 3 lines /me for repetitive things such as handcuffing. 
That was just a remak, it’s not my main subject

And let’s not forget about my other argument which is that you guys are too advantaged in certain IC scenes. 
Plus, we can never know if the voice chat use was done correctly or not, you can ask for backup while being aimed at by a gun and the person in front will never guess it, although idk if rageMP allows it but I hope the use of voice chat will be visible IG just like in Five’. 
I heard your argument about how you’re severe about that and all, but understand that in order to be severe about something you have to get to know about it, and the voice use the way it was in SAMP made it super hard to guess wether it was done correctly or not…when you ram your car into something at 150 km/h during a car chase then keep going like nothing happened, there are high chances the suspect and/or your colleagues and/or the eventual admin spectating you saw it, but when you call for backup inside a tight house with suspects inside, it’s hard for them/your colleagues/the admin to know how exactly you did things. 

Anyway, I said what I disliked in this faction, and I’m not the only one to think so as it seems, idk how the decisions are made when you tell me that you aren’t interested in players who don’t use voice chat, but I think decisions in such subjects should be done according to a vote including all players and not according to the only decision of the leading board. 

I apologize but I cannot agree with anything I've read here. I obviously do not know your experience with roleplay servers but I can only assume it's with low RP servers where keybinds are usually accepted. However, on LSRP keybinds have been disallowed from the beginning to mitigate giving an advantage to one player over another. Using it for roleplay? That's just silly. Why are you playing on a roleplay server to not roleplay? Menial things like cuffing people can be done in an interesting manner if you're competent enough to roleplay it.

As this is LSRP and not some random FiveM voice server this will come as a culture shock to you. Things are meant to be roleplayed because this isn't meant to be an RPG cops & robbers with grey and purple text. Everything you do you're expected to roleplay. Asking for backup via binds? It's play to win, and as I aforementioned above, is not something the LSPD tolerates at all. Everyone is offered a level playing field because at the end of the day it's not an enjoyable experience to constantly win all the time, nor is it enjoyable to constantly lose all the time.

Edited by Aaron

2 minutes ago, IdleStacks said:

See this is the big problem with VOIP. We don't get to see concrete examples because half the roleplay is hidden to the party that isn't in the PD. How's anyone but the people currently inside the TS channel going to know if the officer was powergaming by speaking while shooting or pulling sick ass maneuvers with the PD cruiser?

Limiting the amount of people that join a patrol room (idk what they are called) to maximum 4 (or dependant on the type of the callsign) so we won't have 15-people squads. Also, PD staff can set the TeamSpeak in a way that all LSRP players can see the channels and the people in that channel (except for the TAC channels) but cannot join.

Also, letting the admins that are not part of any legal factions access the TeamSpeak would be a second possible solution since they can hop in and check if there's any metagaming.

6 minutes ago, MissGTA said:

Having keybinds for a /me to handcuff someone is PowerGaming as it doesn't give the other party a chance to push the Officer/Deputy away and run off.

Also, we strive to be as detailed as possible with our RolePlay. That's why it can take several lines of /me for a simple action. "/me handcuff bad guy" is definitely not accepted in LSPD and not on this server.

11 minutes ago, MissGTA said:

Plus, we can never know if the voice chat use was done correctly or not, you can ask for backup while being aimed at by a gun and the person in front will never guess it

I do trust my members not to do this. But if it were to happen that an Officer doesn't RP reaching for a radio when a weapon is being aimed at him/her or about to be aimed at him/her and suddenly 5 cruisers with lights and sirens show up out of nowhere. Then obviously you are allowed to report them in the game to an admin and they will handle it there on scene. Then you may make a report on the Officer and send it to me with evidence.