What do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?

What's PD's plan on avoiding OOC clashes and fights between other government agencies and their divisions? (especially LSSD) Most of the LSRP playerbase is aware of the fights happened between PD and SD members over raids, investigations, and basically over anything. Will you guys follow the old, complex "jurisdiction" system that has never worked or something new is being implemented to avoid all those in the future?

Would be great to have a juvy, under-aged criminals. They'd be in their own spot doing their time and once they'd age up, their record could be wiped. But it's for some minor misc stuff, ya' know? Graffitis, maybe resisting arrest...something that can be talked out and kept under a level.

Plus at some point, these "character-developers" could end up going for law enforcement path, like...whole scenery always been "cops & robbers", you make a character for a soul purpose "join that one faction", but it'd be great if PD could be bit lean with certain ghetto-role-players. If they are under aged and they did some foolish thing, they'd be put into the juvy...and maybe some cops could end up keeping close contact with that "kid" and try to motivate him and inspire him into the bigger picture, get him out of the whole Street-Politics and hustle shit. Plus it'd just be great back story for a upcoming cop player, who has an "actual" background of being in that ghetto-life, the slanging and hustle. Nobody did that, because law enforcement usually expects a 100/100 cop character, guy who knows it all and is a stand up guy...but in reality, becoming isn't rocket science, long as they got high school education, you can become a cop.

Just saying, it'd be great to see some program and possibly support for law enforcement players for this "next-generation" of roleplay step up, you know? Shit, it'd be great to even see police explorer program, some bond with certain players under age, build the next line of future officers. A lot of people would enjoy that possibility.

1U8CXwc.png

uq91B3u.png

21 hours ago, Kirill_Ustinov said:

Would be great to have a juvy, under-aged criminals. They'd be in their own spot doing their time and once they'd age up, their record could be wiped. But it's for some minor misc stuff, ya' know? Graffitis, maybe resisting arrest...something that can be talked out and kept under a level.

Plus at some point, these "character-developers" could end up going for law enforcement path, like...whole scenery always been "cops & robbers", you make a character for a soul purpose "join that one faction", but it'd be great if PD could be bit lean with certain ghetto-role-players. If they are under aged and they did some foolish thing, they'd be put into the juvy...and maybe some cops could end up keeping close contact with that "kid" and try to motivate him and inspire him into the bigger picture, get him out of the whole Street-Politics and hustle shit. Plus it'd just be great back story for a upcoming cop player, who has an "actual" background of being in that ghetto-life, the slanging and hustle. Nobody did that, because law enforcement usually expects a 100/100 cop character, guy who knows it all and is a stand up guy...but in reality, becoming isn't rocket science, long as they got high school education, you can become a cop.

Just saying, it'd be great to see some program and possibly support for law enforcement players for this "next-generation" of roleplay step up, you know? Shit, it'd be great to even see police explorer program, some bond with certain players under age, build the next line of future officers. A lot of people would enjoy that possibility.

I can't quite speak on behalf of the factions but I can voice my side as a GND member, we've always strived to keep those relationships IC with some of the neighborhoods and the people in them. That ultimately depends on you as a person and how realistic you rp your character as well. So most definitely you will see a lot of it from GND.

Edited by Redz
Typo
  • Love 1

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

On 11/17/2021 at 11:00 PM, mhrhan said:

What's PD's plan on avoiding OOC clashes and fights between other government agencies and their divisions? (especially LSSD) Most of the LSRP playerbase is aware of the fights happened between PD and SD members over raids, investigations, and basically over anything. Will you guys follow the old, complex "jurisdiction" system that has never worked or something new is being implemented to avoid all those in the future?

I do not want to see any drama at all between any factions. If my members start any drama and it gets reported to me or any other member of PD, they will be dealt with. I am pretty sure Jack doesn't want any drama either.

We do have jurisdiction systems for PD and SD. They have been approved by the Head of Legal Factions, so it should work out really well.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see one or two officers portray corruption. It would be nice to see corrupt officers with the involvement in illegal factions, whether it's helping a leader of a gang/organization with information or even allowing them to run their operations freely in exchange for something like money. 

Edited by Hezzy

Less focus on car chases and shootouts and more focus on building cases against individuals/factions, injunctions and rico's (kinda the same thing) I'd be willing willing to bet at least 95% of the playerbase (probably more), even people who were in PD had 0 idea that the FBI was even a thing on SAMP LSRP. (I myself didn't find out until I watched a 2 year old LSRP PD stream and I was in PD my self.)

Their needs to be some type of atmosphere  between PD and when illegal street gang factions start becoming official or even before they do become official, their needs to be more focus on their head leaders. For example: The Wire (TV Series)

Unless you were in the faction, you'd have 0 idea that any other branch besides traffic did anything relevant towards their assignment. LSRP it just felt all every cop that logged in and camped intersections.

Their needs to be a balance, where GND/Detectives/FBI really crack down on street gangs/organized crime and not just log in for a few hours, camp a intersection and wait for a car to come speeding by. I know these things happen, but the rate just seems to small and unnoticeable.

11 hours ago, Hezzy said:

I would like to see one or two officers portray corruption. It would be nice to see corrupt officers with the involvement in illegal factions, whether it's helping a leader of a gang/organization with information or even allowing them to run their operations freely in exchange for something like money. 

On 11/18/2021 at 12:02 PM, BadCopy said:

Corruption. 

We plan on implementing a tier based corruption system that will allow our faction members to role-play lightly corrupt, or flat out criminal depending on the tier they are in. We allow corruption and that's dynamic based on our faction members actually wanting to role-play corrupt.

18 hours ago, JJABOTULE said:

Will there be a firearms licensing division?

We do not plan on handling any sort of licensing, more information about who will handle it can be inquired towards @ImperiumXVII.

On 11/19/2021 at 1:33 AM, Kirill_Ustinov said:

We do not plan on implementing a Police Explorers program as we want to direct our efforts towards providing quality police role-play to illegal role-players and the rest of the community. 

As for juvenile records, in most cases they are sealed however may still be requested during a background investigation. This entirely depends on the penal code and the processes that the Government is going to establish. As for anything else you've mentioned, that's either something for a character background story or role-play that may occur or may not depending on our faction members, as we do not want to script any role-play. 

19 hours ago, EYECE said:

Undercover agents infiltrating organizations  to conduct investigations that later get publicized to the community with an IC report of the operation. 

Infiltrating organizations is something that is still under discussion, and if it was to be done, it would be extremely rare due to the nature of the server. As for publicizing investigations, that's up to our Media Relations and Detective Bureau and completely depends on the in-character circumstances.

8 hours ago, Jit said:

Less focus on car chases and shootouts and more focus on building cases against individuals/factions, injunctions and rico's (kinda the same thing) I'd be willing willing to bet at least 95% of the playerbase (probably more), even people who were in PD had 0 idea that the FBI was even a thing on SAMP LSRP. (I myself didn't find out until I watched a 2 year old LSRP PD stream and I was in PD my self.)

Their needs to be some type of atmosphere  between PD and when illegal street gang factions start becoming official or even before they do become official, their needs to be more focus on their head leaders. For example: The Wire (TV Series)

Unless you were in the faction, you'd have 0 idea that any other branch besides traffic did anything relevant towards their assignment. LSRP it just felt all every cop that logged in and camped intersections.

Their needs to be a balance, where GND/Detectives/FBI really crack down on street gangs/organized crime and not just log in for a few hours, camp a intersection and wait for a car to come speeding by. I know these things happen, but the rate just seems to small and unnoticeable.

FBI was shut down by Server Management and had nothing to do with our faction.

Our faction has never had the sole focus on car chases and shootouts. Our Detective Bureau has thousands of posts in terms of cases in their section, Gang Support Section (uniformed gang officers) had active case files and presence as well. Not to mention the activity of Metropolitan Division. Our focus has never been vehicle pursuits, we even have a no pursuit policy in certain scenarios and drop pursuits where possible.

Traffic has consistently been a division that had the least members in the faction for the past years, intersections are 'camped' towards the western part of the city. Perhaps you were not role-play in ghetto areas? 

Injunctions have also been done multiple times throughout the years, however, have never been the main focus of the faction as we believe it kills role-play and forces people to role-play inside interiors. Our goal is to not shut factions down either, individual takedowns are indeed being worked on, on a case by case basis by our detectives.

Role-play is dynamic and depends on each faction and how 'close' detectives get. I cannot speak for the final months before the server shut down, however, the focus of this faction is to provide quality police role-play to illegal role-players.

We have numerous divisions with quite a few people in them nowadays, due to recent reinstatements and believe that everyone will be satisfied with the role-play we provide them. Gang And Narcotics Division is one of the most desired teams faction member want to join, for example.

Yeah, when I was in pd I was solely interested in gang, I guess from an outside looking in perspective (as I wasn’t in long enough to really see what’s truly going on in pd) certain things just seemed to happen more than the other. And yeah ik they got shut down around back when I played Lsrp I’m thinking in 2019-20. 

You are absolutely right though… about patrol cars sitting at intersections in the western half of the city, When I used to watch people in PD stream this was maybe 90% of what they did. I wouldn’t dare rp in west LS on samp for widely known obvious reasons lol, I only rped in the ghetto in numerous factions that did have high level rp involving pd but it only came once awhile.

All that being said, can’t wait to join pd again and give it another serious shot. It looks so much more fun on gta 5 with all the new features the possibilities are endless.

45 minutes ago, Benavides said:

we believe it kills role-play and forces people to role-play inside interiors.

Idk why I didn’t think of something like that… guess I fell into the stigma of wanting the game to be too realistic, solid point.

Show out Spanion for those dope ass GND vids tho. I wouldn’t doubt competition for a spot in GND is high.

Edited by Jit
  • Ryder 1

Will you guys revise what is being taught to the recruits in the academy? It would be good for the faction members if they can receive training about %90 percent of the stuff happens on the server. Most of the recruits don't know what to do, nor the FTO's because they never received any training either. 
It would be good to teach some of the stuff (e.g domestic disturbances, civil issues, how to handle basic civvie complaints / 911 calls)  so they don't have to search it around in Google.

I also feel like this was one of the many reasons why no cops ever show up when someone calls 911 about a dispute, so I really think that this should be looked upon.

Edited by mhrhan

1 hour ago, mhrhan said:

Will you guys revise what is being taught to the recruits in the academy? It would be good for the faction members if they can receive training about %90 percent of the stuff happens on the server. Most of the recruits don't know what to do, nor the FTO's because they never received any training either. 
It would be good to teach some of the stuff (e.g domestic disturbances, civil issues, how to handle basic civvie complaints / 911 calls)  so they don't have to search it around in Google.

I also feel like this was one of the many reasons why no cops ever show up when someone calls 911 about a dispute, so I really think that this should be looked upon.

Despite not being in the Police Department faction, if you allow me to discuss about it, I'd like to do so. Specially about your questions. It's tough to organize what's going to be taught for recruits in the academy. In a realistic way, it doesn't matter what you taught them in the training, nothing is enough nor good enough to prepare a police officer for what's he going to find in the streets.

As a police officer myself in real life, I spent almost 1 year and a half learning about laws, tactics, creating emergency calls scenarios and, even with the help and guidance of experienced police officers, even it coming close to reality, nothing compares with what you find every time you answer to a call. Even though some calls might resemble to what you saw during academy, it has its own particularities that only with time and street knowledge you'll learn how to deal with it. And even after 30 years working a police officer, you still find something new every day.  

Edited by RafaSilva15

As alot of people said. Dont RP Robocops please! It ruins the roleplay alot. In LSRP Samp I saw alot of cops just arrest you copy paste the same lines and go on with their day ;d especially towards gang members. I wish they would show more life in their RP and not just do the usual... Pull you over cuz ur wearing a gangbanger skin and/or are 4 deep in a car. 

Also not have a big ass ego and not try to win every single situation no matter what.

• Thumbs 1

• 2 weeks later...

The main thing I would like is for it to be acceptable for players to outrun or even outshoot the police. LSPD has so many advantages like unlimited guns, armor and being in a voice comm hivemind that its already super hard to evade or beat them.

The few times that you do you'll be reported and it'll be voided. Sometimes it feels like you are railroaded into just rolling over and letting them win. 

'You jumped off a 5 foot ledge, your ankle would have gotten twisted right there. Why didn't you /ragdoll?'

Edited by Kirigakure

2 hours ago, Kirigakure said:

The main thing I would like is for it to be acceptable for players to outrun or even outshoot the police. LSPD has so many advantages like unlimited guns, armor and being in a voice comm hivemind that its already super hard to evade or beat them.

The few times that you do you'll be reported and it'll be voided. Sometimes it feels like you are railroaded into just rolling over and letting them win. 

'You jumped off a 5 foot ledge, your ankle would have gotten twisted right there. Why didn't you /ragdoll?'

I agree that we need to understand that it is okay to lose a suspect OOCly and not get upset about it. But the suspect has to get away in a realistic way for that to happen.

If I lose a suspect because I was too close to them in a pursuit and they took a sharp turn, then I won't be upset at all OOCly for losing them. It was done properly and realistically. Same with shootouts, if the suspects lead us to an ambush, then it would be our fault for following them and get gunned down if we don't have enough backup.

We will only report people when they break the rules. Also, with the roll animation the character makes when jumping from a certain height, I think it would be okay to jump off a 5 foot ledge and do that roll, then continue running.

To provide some transparency on the recruitment system being used by the LSPD — the long (and ancient) in-game method of entry via an in-game academy has been removed entirely. We are moving towards a forum-focused recruitment system with a departmental interview to test out of character mindset, role play quality and character motives. 

We are putting a heavy emphasis on characters with this new system. We don't want cops, we want characters. We want people who provide in-depth, substance-filled role play and who can immerse themselves to portray realistic people. We are focused on ensuring that the faction does not endorse individuals who are merely here to police, rather than role play. 

We find this change is required to move towards a better, more efficient process. The recruitment system will be structured as follows;

1. Submit a preliminary application. 
  2. Departmental Interview (We will be heavily assessing role play quality, mindset, character motives and general plans for the individual's character)
  3. Invited to an 'Off-map' academy which gives them access to a theory side of the forums, which will contain theory of policies, mindset, character expectations and exam questions, this will be in-depth as we will only have one exam from now on, rather than two.
  4. Takes the Theoretical Exam which will be around 25-30 questions in total, in-depth and revision of the faction's policies, approach to role play and character expectations is expected. 
  5. Passes the exam, graduates and begins role-playing in the faction. 

We aim for this process to take days at max, rather than weeks. If anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me or @lynx.

Edited by owen
  • Thumbs 1

18 hours ago, Kirigakure said:

This mindset has been fortunately eradicated since 2017. We do not do that in this community, any play to win mentality results in a faction member being removed from the faction.

16 hours ago, danielswe said:

If I lose a suspect because I was too close to them in a pursuit and they took a sharp turn, then I won't be upset at all OOCly for losing them. It was done properly and realistically. Same with shootouts, if the suspects lead us to an ambush, then it would be our fault for following them and get gunned down if we don't have enough backup.

Good, I hope all of the LSPD thinks that way. Too many LEO RPers in the past (both here and on other servers) have ran with this mindset that police are somehow invincible and that no gang in the world would dare target a LEO for any reason, it's especially irritating when LEO's come to gang turfs and provoke in characterly, which just shouldn't be happening, cops should excersize proper fear for their lives when they enter any community that's occupied by a gang, they're entering a community where everybody, including the vast majority of civilians in that area either fear, dislike or completely hate them and them being gunned down for mouthing off to a couple of cholos, really isn't very far fetched.

There's news repots that document members of Compton gangs like CVTF shooting at the police from rooftops and even trying to shoot helicopters down. Or that guy from 18th Street who killed a cop, caught a death sentence and is now martyred by the gang, cop killers are generally worshipped in jail, so ur average gang member without shit to lose really doesn't care, especially if that cop disrespected him/her in some way.

18 hours ago, Benavides said:

This mindset has been fortunately eradicated since 2017. We do not do that in this community, any play to win mentality results in a faction member being removed from the faction.

That was still very much going on in 2019/2020. I know I and others reported a few instances and were told they weren't seen as issues. 

Continued focus on IG & RP and less on faction chats and TS communication. This is an age old problem that was still an issue in 2019/2020. People would talk in TS as if the suspect they were putting in handcuffs couldn't hear them.

Actual day to day interaction with community members, not just seeking to make an arrest. Props to Spanion for being one that actually took time to do that when others were about the arrest.

Dont let people get away with things because of who they're friends with. 

Moreso internal - Don't have your academy instructors copying & pasting from manuals. It doesn't promote any sort of RP. The entire point of SD switching to multi day academies (I was part of the group who did the transition) was to focus on the roleplay, then pd followed suit but was still copying and pasting from manuals. Hopefully this already changed but if not..it should be 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:20 PM, Userone said:

If I could take one thing out of LS-RP SAMP era, moving into Rage MP: a competent, hardcore, roleplay server NEEDS something resembling a justice system. It is IMPOSSIBLE to roleplay a legal character, and build up reputation, when one corrupt cop can just throw a false charge on you - and if there isn't a justice system, there's nothing you can do about it. It's unrealistic, and it disinterests people from making legal characters - if given enough time eventually a corrupt cop will just false-charge you anyway. 

Edit.

To answer your question on what I wish from PD - please, make it a standard to collect evidence that would convict one beyond a reasonable doubt, like US cops are trained to. There's many exciting ways to do this, not of course forgetting interrogating suspects for a confession, or making potential plea offers.

I'm a bit late to this but I agree. The large problem with the justice system previously was a lack of support and cooperation from PD/SD. Hopefully the justice system is in from the start. 

Reminds me of another thing I'd like to see different: I get that having certain ranks in PD signing warrants can be necessary if no judge can be reached ooc and it's urgent, but it definitely wasn't used just for urgent matters previously. I hope that's changed and checks and balances are in place. Someone with a conflict of interest shouldn't be signing a warrant - if they were involved in the sit, or are going to be involved in any way - they're not biased and unless that is listed on the warrant paperwork so it can be contested in court - it shouldn't be allowed

22 members were reported to leadership in 2020 and 23 in 2019. 85 percent (give or take) ended up being internally punished or kicked out of the faction. Every faction member is equal. If you reported a faction member and you were told it wasn't a problem, then it most likely indeed was not a problem.

We will not be doing in-game academies. @owen outlined the process in this page, above.

Also, we will not be handling our own warrants.

I'd like to see LEO's also doing roleplay on their character outside of just doing police work. A lot of LEO characters do nothing else and don't develop their characters as well as they could be.

I say this because I'd like to interact with more indepth characters and not just robocops. - Obviously there has been and is people that aren't like this, who have put some incredible development into their character, but it definately could be better for a lot of people.

Edited by ROZE